Easy steps for WAY BETTER GAMEPLAY!

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

21.03.2020, 13:40

I know u dont want to hear it VG but here we are again with my suggestions to improve gameplay heavily(!) with simple steps:

-Remove map duga from PVP and try to use it for next PVE mission for future.

-Please stop giving us "new maps" for PVP unless someone joins your team who understands how to build up maps for "Arena" FPS.

-Balance snipers: surviving on heavy armors with few HP left + Bleeding Chance, OHK "only" on low & medium armors OR
-Set sniper limitation: 2 per team. Player could get notification: "Youre allowed to use a sniper rifle" (random selection). For every other player the sniper profile will be blocked. This would also increase the nessesary to have more than 1 profile. U could make profile 1&2 available for free, only third one buyable for silver. This would also decrease pay2win flame.

-Increase Damage Resistance Perk while sprinting from 5% to 10% to get back more dynamic and give players the chance to react to corner & bush sitters and make sprinting back something useful. Move the perk into second level of physical skill tree (+2+4+6+8+10%) so people cannot flame about pay2win aspect if its in the last level of skill tree OR
-Increase every armor part in the game around 20(?) points for only a bit longer TTK to get back more dynamic and give players the chance to react to corner & bush sitters and make sprinting back something useful.

-Block players from Research who ignore obj since 1945 based on a system wich collects data from Research matches. Capturing a spot alone = 20 points. Not reached at least 50 points by capturing in 10 matches Research = blocked for x days Research with notification for the player. With this system u could easily sort out the ones who rly dont give a fukc about the spots. Honestly they shouldnt be allowed to play research then, its that simple.
-This system could be also applied to the Battery Mode (of course with adapted points because u can be unlucky dont finding one)

Keep ignoring for the love of broken balance & gameplay VG! And dont forget to hate because of constructive critism of players who understand something about gaming.
Last edited by apfelmu2 on 25.03.2020, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.
apfelmu2

22.03.2020, 16:03

lol
Protos Angelus

23.03.2020, 11:12

awww somebody here doesn't like the new base protection system....he can't base rape like before...cry me a river ..lmao his offended ass should be heard VG poor kid is pouring his heart out...:D
ÏÑÐÏÀN_ŠNÌPÈR

23.03.2020, 12:29

U dont get it. I dont have a problem with new base-safe-zone and I dont flame. Ist just the fact that ist simply unlogical. Keep hating x)
apfelmu2

23.03.2020, 16:22

Two simple things that ruined the game.

1. Bad players crying about getting raped when they snipe with their overpowered noobcannons.

2. Vostok actually listening to said players when they adjust their game to be casual

I lost all hope for this game when they swapped back and forth with the armour systems 3 times in a year, and now they have just decided not to change anything for no apparent reason.
Last edited by Chandrian on 23.03.2020, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language
Kube

23.03.2020, 16:48

Kube:Two simple things that ruined the game.

1. Bad players crying about getting raped when they snipe with their overpowered noobcannons.

2. Vostok actually listening to said players when they adjust their game to be casual

I lost all hope for this game when they swapped back and forth with the armour systems 3 times in a year, and now they have just decided not to change anything for no apparent reason.

+++
Last edited by Chandrian on 23.03.2020, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
apfelmu2

23.03.2020, 18:35

apfelmu2:
-Please stop giving us "new maps" for PVP unless someone joins your team who understands how to build up maps for "Arena" FPS.

If only I could upvote such suggestions here...
Looking at Duga, CNPP (the version with fridges) and how slaughter on School is designed is painful. VG can make pretty maps, but the gameplay on them turns into a rolling dumpster fire.

apfelmu2:-Overthink your base-safe-zone because its simply unlogical that camping in base with a sniper rifle without any movement is ok but baserape as the correct conter for it is not ok. Theoretically a player is able to do 20-0 in tdm and not reachable. Maybe implement a timer wich tells the player to leave his base after a period of time.

The Cologne Bridge's safe-zone is really bad. Snipers hole up on each end of the map and are unreachable if you use only colimators and don't have a spare smoke nade in one of your loadouts...
UnknownPlayer666

24.03.2020, 01:41

apfelmu2:-Overthink your base-safe-zone because its simply unlogical that camping in base with a sniper rifle without any movement is ok but baserape as the correct conter for it is not ok. Theoretically a player is able to do 20-0 in tdm and not reachable. Maybe implement a timer wich tells the player to leave his base after a period of time.

I discussed (argued about) this with Chandrian before it launched. It is a stupid bandaid fix that does nothing to fix the core problems.

1. Getting sniped IN your base by useless passive players FROM their base is a far more serious problem than base rape.

2. If the matchmaking wasn't so pathetically broken base rape would cease to be an issue.

As it stands, they removed the only counter to base snipers. Good job VG.
lobust

24.03.2020, 17:16

user-9415913839998335109:

I discussed (argued about) this with Chandrian before it launched. It is a stupid bandaid fix that does nothing to fix the core problems.

1. Getting sniped IN your base by useless passive players FROM their base is a far more serious problem than base rape.

2. If the matchmaking wasn't so pathetically broken base rape would cease to be an issue.

As it stands, they removed the only counter to base snipers. Good job VG.

Maybe i´m going to say a SIN here...but there is any chance to port FearTheWolwes animations to this game?? Or made a more tactical built. The Game would benefict by follow the rig of movement & animations of one product: Ghost Recon Advanced Warfigther 2 PC version. Or at least give us complete movement like on a COD: i want to be able to lay on the floor, etc. The game animations need rework!! More weigth...even COD modern warfare understood it! :(
Last edited by Dinoh55 on 24.03.2020, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
Dinoh55

25.03.2020, 10:49

Edited for more options/examples/explaination & better overview.
apfelmu2

25.03.2020, 18:47

Kube:Two simple things that ruined the game.

+1
I already understood that the time to stop, was when the dynamic spawn in TDM and the static anomalies were disposed of.
Also they stopped the integration of the "Storm".
But there were more people who already left earlier, as they understood that freeplay was a lie
RiotOfDoom
Survivor

25.03.2020, 20:44

RiotOfDoom wrote:the dynamic spawn in TDM [was] disposed of

Which never made it out of PTS, where it lasted for like 1 day.

RiotOfDoom wrote:But there were more people who already left earlier, as they understood that freeplay was a lie

As far as I know, most of veterans quit after the game was casualized with 0.32 or so.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

26.03.2020, 09:23

In my opinion only two parameters ruined the gameplay:

-OP Snipers
-too short TTK for this map design

Before the 1-Tier-System gameplay for itself was very dynamic. Armors were much stronger and snipers werent OP. In my opinion this was the perfect balance for Survarium. We didnt ask for lower TTK, we did ask for real PVP, wich VG gave us (+).
Unfortunetely they changed sniper system and reduced TTK to CS style wich simply doesnt fit into Survariums map design.

All this campy, ratty, passive 2 win gameplay is caused by these two parameters written above.
apfelmu2

26.03.2020, 19:12

apfelmu2:In my opinion only two parameters ruined the gameplay:

-OP Snipers
-too short TTK for this map design

Before the 1-Tier-System gameplay for itself was very dynamic. Armors were much stronger and snipers werent OP. In my opinion this was the perfect balance for Survarium. We didnt ask for lower TTK, we did ask for real PVP, wich VG gave us (+).
Unfortunetely they changed sniper system and reduced TTK to CS style wich simply doesnt fit into Survariums map design.

All this campy, ratty, passive 2 win gameplay is caused by these two parameters written above.

So accurate that it hurts a bit.

Who was in charge of calculating the damage values for sniper rifles at vostok? Did they pass elementary school, because most of the snipers can instantly kill the heaviest armor from across the map with a shot to the legs.

Headshot damage multiplier is the biggest factor to the short TTK and it needed to be adjusted two years ago, but hey... if 25% of the players think it's ok or don't care... why would you change it.
Kube

26.03.2020, 22:30

Kube wrote:Who was in charge of calculating the damage values for sniper rifles at vostok? Did they pass elementary school, because most of the snipers can instantly kill the heaviest armor from across the map with a shot to the legs.

https://forum.survarium.com/ru/viewtopi ... =3&t=22927

This poll was done by a community member, but you can see that it's not as clear as you might think.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

27.03.2020, 07:42

Kube:Headshot damage multiplier is the biggest factor to the short TTK

What was the headshot multiplier before 1-Tier-System and what is it now? x1 and x3?
apfelmu2

27.03.2020, 13:20

apfelmu2 wrote:
What was the headshot multiplier before 1-Tier-System and what is it now? x1 and x3?

It was 2.5x and it's now 3x but just getting it back to 2.5x wouldn't solve it, all weapon or armor stats would have to be changed.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

27.03.2020, 20:41

Chandrian:
Which never made it out of PTS, where it lasted for like 1 day.

That´s wrong. I remember it very good because there were lots of casual players who complained the whole time that they got lost after spawning in the maps. I played since patch 0.20 I think. Prolly there´re vids that proof my argument.

It´s a shame you forgot those times
RiotOfDoom
Survivor

27.03.2020, 21:44

Chandrian:
It was 2.5x and it's now 3x but just getting it back to 2.5x wouldn't solve it, all weapon or armor stats would have to be changed.

It was 2x when it was still good. When they changed it to 2.5 I started complaining about it
Kube

28.03.2020, 07:37

RiotOfDoom:It´s a shame

that devs dont see what needs to be changed/fixed what is clear for normal eyes.
apfelmu2

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion