Reasons for Playing Game Or Leaving Game [in]

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

01.01.2020, 22:18

1. With reputation points, I still would like to earn all the faction items to unlock them and buy them. Such as heavy armor, weapons, and items carried. If Survarium adds more items to get, could continue players playing that way.
2. And I'd like to get my character's level to level 100; which could keep me playing that way. Or if I get to level 100, for there to be more levels like level 150; similar to World of Warcraft lets you get to level 120 now; they want to keep the players playing and paying; they could even up to level 150; to continue getting money.

I wanted to post all of this to get out of the workers here the more of the $54.40 that I did put into this game.
I actually would like to play this game more to get the $54.40 that I put into it; to not waste that money and effort buying them and reading and playing with them to see what they do.

As if players max out this game ever, they would want to leave. That is similar if they get bored of it. How come you could try to continue to add things to this game to get new players and to keep older ones.
I still log in to this game daily for the daily reward; I don't want to miss that. To get spare parts to make modules and to upgrade weapons to get more for example penetration and/or rate of fire.

And I'm more likely to play this game on weekends, because Mon to Fri is when main TV is on local TV, news, shows, etc.

Other than that, I may quit this game eventually for the most part to look at local TV and Fox News videos on YouTube instead; thought it's God's will.

Timothy Mullenix

08.01.2020, 00:08

It is interesting that you watch fox news as non english speaker. Did you get green card recently?
Anyway, when it comes to level it should go faster, even 5000 games do not even get you to 80 level
It is pretty insane grind for 100, and it used to be quick and players that got it before got to keep it, which is kinda unfair when the difference is maybe year of playing, not something small.

Midori Fuse

08.01.2020, 00:52

Oh, I typed this post in English. I'm a USA civilian. I thought you in the past selected a different language other than English.

Timothy Mullenix

08.01.2020, 12:32

This is a boring game, I'm not even 50% in and stopped playing long ago. Promises of Freeplay, open world... At least be honest. Say that you can't put anything except balance changes with each "major" update and some quasi gameplay changes, and own it. It tries to be fast paced, Quake Live wins in that regard. Tries to be "atmospheric" and "immersive" [post apoc], Stalker wins by far.
There are plenty of good things in this game but the <boring> part always seems to win.
0 innovation in past 3 years. Everything seen here can be played in many other games that are more though out... and better executed.

EDIT: Funny, the main reason I stopped playing is the fact that MSI Afterburner is force-shut down by this game...
Last edited by Protos Angelus on 08.01.2020, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.
Protos Angelus

08.01.2020, 14:22

Protos Angelus wrote:0 innovation in past 3 years. Everything seen here can be played in many other games that are more though out... and better executed.

Your last match seems to have been in April of 2018 according to survarium.pro, so I'm not sure if you're the right person to judge what's been made in the "past 3 years". Many new things have been added since the last time you played. Modules improvement system, voice chat, pockets system, CNPP map and more are some of the features you missed in 2018, and here's a list of what was introduced in 2019.

Protos Angelus wrote:EDIT: Funny, the main reason I stopped playing is the fact that MSI Afterburner is force-shut down by this game...

Indeed a funny thing. I use MSI Afterburner + RTSS and have no issues nor have heard anyone recently complain about this.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

08.01.2020, 18:28

General Changes
New mechanic: crafting modules from spare parts in the workshop || Good
Search and Destroy mode added to the game permanently || Awful
Two New Skill Trees: Technical and Survival || Meh
Various quality of life improvements and bug fixes || vague statement, but bug fixes are more than expected from the developers
Technical Improvements
Survarium game client and game launcher are now using 64 bit architecture || Haven't noticed anything good about this. Probably a good change
New visual setting: SSR (screen space reflections) || Reduces fps so most of the people shouldn't have these on, but visual improvements are nice
Updated smoke grenade visual effect || Had to be changed because of smoke abuse
Improved melee attack || Improved is debateable here
Various improvements to matchmaking and Elo rating || ELO makes matchmaking poor on both extreme ends
Static electric anomaly and particle effects of the School's anomaly are back! || good, bring all of them back
Game client and server now support increased tick rate || Perhaps the gameplay is better now, have not noticed a difference
User Interface
Character equipment screen received new slots for visual items (affecting appearance, but not character stats) || good addition
Armor/clothing pieces in the inventory now have a new context menu "Equip set" || actually a good quality of life change
Health of allies is now displayed and other small improvements || can't say much about this
New localizations: Brasilian Portuguese and Turkish || yay, less people learning english.
Weapons and Equipment
New weapon: AKMSU (4th tier, Renaissanse Army) || a nice gun with many modules
Several new weapon modules for AKMSU and other weapons
Winchester 1894 is back into the game with 3 unique modules || useless meme gun
Various balancing changes and fixes
Vepr-12 "Legend" shotgun. It can be purchased for ranked/seasonal tokens.
Different event weapons and equipment with unique camos
Locations
The largest map in Survarium: Duga Radar Station || "Largest" is what makes this map terrible
CNPP Cooling Tower: a new variation for the Slaughter mode (with changes based on the community's feedback) || it's ok
CNPP Cooling Tower: map variation with the rainy weather || ok
Vostok Radar Station: map variation with overcast weather for "Slaughter" mode
Vector Laboratory: in "Slaughter" mode windows on the second floor are open. Added passages through the central door of the two story building || you flipped the balance of the map too much and made it into a cancerous sniperfest
Many more balancing changes and fixes to various locations || something something.
Game Events
St. Patrick's Day || recycled
V-Day in Europe || recycled
Summer Heat || recycled
Halloween || recycled
Holiday Season || recycled
Several ranked leagues || normal matchmaking with solo-queue, which is awful.
Kube

08.01.2020, 18:34

The headshot damage multiplier has not been adjusted yet, and we have not even got feedback to this issue from the developers. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16350&hilit=headshot+multiplier 70% of the people voted that 3x was way too high a year ago, and nobody bothered to adjust it or give the reasoning for it being so damn high

Snipers are still stupidly overpowered.

Everyone has a suppressor on all of the weapons all the time.
Kube

08.01.2020, 20:37

I've read all of the changes you've posted Kube....0 major changes.
About the last game. I open up survarium daily and sometimes go into the Workshop shooting range to see if anything is better... nope. Furthermore, I refuse to play a game which is played in majority by Russians on EU server. I have nothing against them, however, their knowledge of any language except Russian is awful --> + AFKers + 0-0-19 players. No competitiveness nor immersion (last time I played a real game everyone was running in full light armour, flying). You don't need to play a round to see that nothing is changed. The game is pretty much the same as it has been past 4+ years.
Biggest problem from my perspective is trying to mix a post apoc game (slow and immersive) with multiplayer idea of Quake Live (fast paced shooter). So it's some sort of niche between the two. The rating on Steam says it all. 65% recent, 52% all time.
This game is in alpha mode for past 4 years or so... From the huge hopes at the announcement (new STALKER YEEEES!) to a mediocre online shooter.
One thing you did get on point is the design of the maps,weapons,armour,etc. Kudos to the graphical and design department.
So to sum up: Afterburner closes at hitting the "Play" button (RTTS stays open), no matter the settings
No competitiveness
Poor playerbase
A mix of fast paced shooters and Stalkeresque immersion while getting neither right.
Good designs
Need I say more?
Protos Angelus

08.01.2020, 21:09

Kube wrote:Search and Destroy mode added to the game permanently || Awful

Subjective.
Kube wrote:Survarium game client and game launcher are now using 64 bit architecture || Haven't noticed anything good about this. Probably a good change

This means fewer crashes due to out of memory errors and faster launch.
Kube wrote:Health of allies is now displayed and other small improvements || can't say much about this

Makes you less prone to teamkills if you activate health of allies, but in my opinion it should be enabled by default.
Kube wrote:Game client and server now support increased tick rate || Perhaps the gameplay is better now, have not noticed a difference

Higher tickrate is not active yet, it's just that support for it was added. Before NY, 25 and 33 tickrates were tested out and apparently with decent results, but there were some issues that needed fixing before doing more of these. Current tickrate is 20 and if all goes well, planned possible is up to 50, which should make a difference in netcode, fewer white crosses with no damage.
Kube wrote:The largest map in Survarium: Duga Radar Station || "Largest" is what makes this map terrible

Also subjective, but it's still the first iteration and patch notes state there will be changes to it based on community feedback. I could tell you that I like it, so what? Or you could ask our buddy lobust and he'd tell you he loves it and that it would make a great STALKER level. Although it does need more verticality (like getting on top of the radio itself like in PUBG) and probably more players per match.
Last edited by Chandrian on 08.01.2020, 21:10, edited 2 times in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

09.01.2020, 08:50

As long as the devs will refuse to make Survarium an ideological ancestor of Stalker all of their work, they do, will be having only few positive and poor response.

It´s work against progression imho.
Last edited by RiotOfDoom on 09.01.2020, 08:52, edited 1 time in total.
RiotOfDoom
Survivor

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion