A Long Forgotten Subject, Maybe it's time?

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

26.09.2019, 16:28

Hello Vostok Staff and Survivors Community!

Today i would like to talk about the feature that caught my interest but was never released in Survarium.
I found Survarium and Downloaded the game because of what all the reviews and info on the game stated, Yes i am talking about Open World!

Now hear me out before you attack this topic and please read it to the end before you comment, Thank you!

I loved the thought of Survarium open world and from what i saw about the game i was looking forward to seeing it, i haven't been a Survarium Survivor for that long yet (about over 6 months on and off) but i intend to be. i think it's time to consider releasing open world for the good of the game and the growth of the community, Survarium is still in beta so bugs and issues are okay, after all that's what beta is for.

OW Map:
Now in my mind i can picture open world being all the current maps in one big environment with some forests and open fields, maybe a oasis or 2 in-between with debris here and there .eg cars, fallen trees, Rocks .etc

WHAT TO DO:
-General:
To make things interesting and worth surviving for in open world you could add stash crates that spawn randomly on a timed
basis located outside of major areas, where once opened it would immediately give the reward with rewards similar to that of
Dangerous Knowledge and daily missions Stash where you could be rewarded with spare parts, silver, XP boosters, Rep boosters, silver boosters, armor, weapon modules, rare weapons, rare armor, stash maps, and more.

-Clans:
With clan dominance in major areas where clans can own and fight for turf in the world, once a clan has declared war on
another they will get a time limit where clan members have to join and the fight will be hosted in the specified location like
that of TDM or slaughter where the winning clan claims dominance over the turf making it their primary spawn point.

-Squads:
Squads would remain the same where there can only be 3 in a squad so that solo players are not overwhelmed when in
contact with a squad. (this does not have to be but would work out best)

-Money:
Players would earn money for tasks completed .eg collecting x amount on anomalies in one life.
or kill X amount of players with X gun .etc
Finding hidden stashes.

-AI Camp's And Lurkers:
Add the same AI Bandits that can be found in Dangerous knowledge in small camps scattered around the world and a few random AI that roam around certain areas.

Respawn:
Players respawn in the vicinity of their last death in a random nearby location.

Loadout's:
Add a additional loadout slot that can be purchased with 750 000 Silver. (optional)

Voice chat:
Can be heard by all that are within 50m for role play and friendly finding.

Game Modes:
Game modes will remain the same where players can chose to fight in arenas, play rating matches in arenas or survive in Open World!

Up-sides to Open World:
1. Player base will increase at a decent rate.
2. Players wont run out of things to do in-game.
3. Clan wars will have meaning and purpose.
4. Fun will be with more ways to have it in Survarium.
5. Will make Survarim more interactive.
6. PvP and PvE in one map.
7. Ability to add missions that can be started and completed in Open World.
8. PvP will be more intense.

Down Side's To Open World:
1. Will take some time.
2. bugs/glitches will happen now and then.
3. Servers might have small limited capacity.

Thank you for taking the time to read through this!
Feel free to comment and share your opinions and ideas.
MKRYDR

26.09.2019, 16:53

I think it's safe to say that open world/freeplay/stalker3 or whatever you wanna call it will always remain in our wet dreams. Best thing we can hope for is the second PVE mission, but even that is under big question. As far as I heard, the first one couldn't even cover it's own production cost and to create a new one would not be profitable for them...
UnknownPlayer666

26.09.2019, 20:15

UnknownPlayer666:I think it's safe to say that open world/freeplay/stalker3 or whatever you wanna call it will always remain in our wet dreams. Best thing we can hope for is the second PVE mission, but even that is under big question. As far as I heard, the first one couldn't even cover it's own production cost and to create a new one would not be profitable for them...

I feel it's because to many players complain about P2W even though it's not a thing in Survarium, i'm not sure where they expect the funding to come from if they don't support the game...i feel if more people where willing to fund the game it would progress at a higher rate, atleast make one purchase before trying to alter the game.

I have made 3 purchases because i want to see the game progress, many seem to forget that as far as F2P FPS games go's survarium is pretty much as good as it gets, i have tried many but was not satisfied due to how arcade they were, Survarium has a sense of reality to it, not counting the scope sway, recoil and SMG damage, but its better then the other games i have tried that are F2P.

But open world would attract way more attention to the game.
MKRYDR

03.10.2019, 04:02

Honestly, at this point I dont see a single good reason why anyone would even want to fantasise about some mysterius "open world" in survarium. It is as clear as it can possibly be that there will NEVER EVER be any kind of open world stuff here.
And to tell you the truth, I dont see why there should be... or what exactly that is supposed to bring to the table? I mean what will be sooo much better if survarium became a so called open world game?
Survarium is about action, more or less constant. Ok sure, there could be a gamemode or 2 that were a little bit more tactical and little bit less run and gun. And new maps for sure, i have waited for new maps for 3 years. And they actually made one, unfortunately not a very good one, but hey...better than nothing :D But open wolrd - why? For what? To run around and search for "loot"? Or hunt some kind of mutants? There are plenty of games where you can do that, and most of them are not that good because searching for loot and running around on mostly empty maps is basically a big waste of time at the end. So no, I dont see how or why open world would attract WAY more attention. Yes, it would attract SOME attention. But attention is worthless in this kind of game if its not really gonna last.

will111

03.10.2019, 23:18

A monster hunting mode with mutants would be interesting and attractive for both current and future players.

Julius Decimus

18.10.2019, 11:12

Open World would be Pretty Epic in Survarium,Id like to see that because thats the reason why i actually downloaded the game...it said "open world" but after the download ,i was pretty disappointed :( and this arena battling gets tiring real quick to be honest.

So I hope they bring this open world thingy majiggy it would be awesome :D
KillingBen

18.10.2019, 15:58

Thats not gonna happen, so you can either keep being disappointed or live with it ;)

What survarium really needs at this point is deathmatch...so maybe its time? Well YES, IT IS! Its been overwhelmingly bad lately to be constantly teamed up with total beginners only, just because I have that kind of high ELO. Gets frustrating to run around and do crazy killing sprees all the time to hold that few frag advantage for the duration of the match only to witness that at the end of the match some noobs have absolutely no clue what to do and we lose anyway.

In deathmatch mode, everyone fights for themselves and people who know how to play and care for their results dont have to suffer the consequences of some dudes making the same exact mistakes 30 times in a row because "they are snipers" or because they think they can do something that they clearly cant!

will111

26.10.2019, 18:09

will111:Thats not gonna happen, so you can either keep being disappointed or live with it ;)

What survarium really needs at this point is deathmatch...so maybe its time? Well YES, IT IS! Its been overwhelmingly bad lately to be constantly teamed up with total beginners only, just because I have that kind of high ELO. Gets frustrating to run around and do crazy killing sprees all the time to hold that few frag advantage for the duration of the match only to witness that at the end of the match some noobs have absolutely no clue what to do and we lose anyway.

In deathmatch mode, everyone fights for themselves and people who know how to play and care for their results dont have to suffer the consequences of some dudes making the same exact mistakes 30 times in a row because "they are snipers" or because they think they can do something that they clearly cant!

And in open world it would be every man for him self no more disappointment from players you cant rely on, no more hoping for a team that wont feed the enemy, no more spawn killers, no more repetitive arena where you are left with nothing to do after getting all the guns you want and level 5 in every faction.

Open World can bring clan wars to life, faction wars to life and much more, it will give factions and clans something to fight for as mentioned in the original post of this topic, everything is in minor detail as to how it could work, so more support and maybe, just maybe we will get the dream to come true because i know almost everyone wants this

More support = more likely to be considered, don't give up and say "never" because you never know!
MKRYDR

26.10.2019, 18:19

will111:Honestly, at this point I dont see a single good reason why anyone would even want to fantasise about some mysterius "open world" in survarium. It is as clear as it can possibly be that there will NEVER EVER be any kind of open world stuff here.
And to tell you the truth, I dont see why there should be... or what exactly that is supposed to bring to the table? I mean what will be sooo much better if survarium became a so called open world game?
Survarium is about action, more or less constant. Ok sure, there could be a gamemode or 2 that were a little bit more tactical and little bit less run and gun. And new maps for sure, i have waited for new maps for 3 years. And they actually made one, unfortunately not a very good one, but hey...better than nothing :D But open wolrd - why? For what? To run around and search for "loot"? Or hunt some kind of mutants? There are plenty of games where you can do that, and most of them are not that good because searching for loot and running around on mostly empty maps is basically a big waste of time at the end. So no, I dont see how or why open world would attract WAY more attention. Yes, it would attract SOME attention. But attention is worthless in this kind of game if its not really gonna last.

Well the arena would obviously stay so if you dont like open world then dont play it, as far as looting go's it would not be for guns as survarium already lets you unlock the gear, and also it would not only be about hunting AI (not mutants) although some weird creature to get from behind might make it even more interesting, besides how else would clan and faction wars work? i mean that is what everyone keeps asking about so what i am suggesting is a solution to all as the possibilities are endless in Open World!
MKRYDR

27.10.2019, 06:12

in survarium you can find slow and tactical games, or fast and frenetic games, and I really enjoy boths, this is what I really like about survarium and it doesn't seem bad to me that one day they add an open world mode, although it looks Impossible for one day to happen.
BąrвyLs

28.10.2019, 22:33

If they did this open world thing...well good. I dont have anything against it, I also dont see any real point or benefit of doing it. At first, as I understood they were supposed to be developing and "testing" some kind of very smart and supergood AI for the eventual open world version of the game. Well, we can all see how far this development has progressod. The AI is almost exactly as stupid, basic and idiotic as it was in the begninning :D There are maybe some very very basic improvements, but it still sees you through walls, its still shoots you through stuff that a human player never would and its still pretty much 99,9% certain to tell when you have an AI against you and when not.

If there would be very different maps or even some quite extreme gamemodes in addition to current ones, that would be much more interesting and propably better than some kind of half-forced, half-assed "open world". And if the current PVE mode and PVE gameplay is some indication of what the open world version of this game would look like...well then sorry, but no thanks! Got no love for something as mindnumbing, boring, repetitive and unfun as this :D

will111

29.10.2019, 01:49

It won't happen, it will never happen, as someone who followed the game since the closed beta and noticed all the shifts the game went through i can sadly say without a doubt that the open world promised in the begiening will never happen, the game went trough way too many shifts from the og days when the game was more about stalking your enemies in 5v5 matches to the later part where it turned into a CoD ripoff with 15 vs 15 matches and fast gameplay to the mix that is today, many ideas came and went and it seems the open world was one of them.

I am sad to say that no matter how you look at it the game is going down, bearly pulling an avarage of ~300 players i don't see it last much longer, and no, i don't say it to hate on the game, i had hopes for it, i honestly hoped it would become something big but that hope went away just like many of the promises. Oh yeah, and it lost one of it's key atractions, being a spiritual succesor to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

So yeah, the open world is not gonna happen, sad tho, from the original idea it seemed cool, stuck in a poisonous overgrown city with the only goal of getting out no matter how, being able to scavange, engage in pvp and pve, hunt for artifacts and way more, it was never meant to be i guess.
loldiman2

04.11.2019, 16:59

This won´t be anything else than an arcade PvP shooter. Let it be, stalker. The majority of the community understood it already a long time ago. The ones who still play´re the guys that whether still didn´t get it or just don´t need anything else than PvP.

The devs stated themselves, that they aren´t able to make a freeplay mode.

This has and will be a replacement of Stalker PvP multiplayer mode.

If you want freeplay you have to go back to the roots

Imagine how much players used to donate and play back in the days, when we all had the hope that somewhere around patch .40 or .50 there will be the announcement of freeplay :D
I also used to spend more than 100 bucks on premium stuff, having had the belief in the fairy tails Vostok used to tell.
There´re even those that spent more than 500 bucks :-DD

All because of the good ol´ PR campaign

And then the story about FTW...

How could anyone hope, that they will make significant profit by introducing a single coop map with bots?
How can people call this mode "PVE"? Have you ever played a real PvE mode yet when you define a coop mode as PvE?
PvE means interaction with the environment, what includes Quests, Puzzles, even battles against the flora and fauna.
PvE modes aren´t linear corridor maps. They´re big, open, free-to-explore and -interact maps. Like in Stalker, Rust, Arma and even FTW

So there you have it. You never actually had PvE in this game. What you have is a single, linear coop mission. Nothing more nothing less.
Last edited by RiotOfDoom on 04.11.2019, 17:26, edited 4 times in total.
RiotOfDoom
Survivor

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion