Read Survarium 0.60 Preview!

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

06.09.2019, 19:10

Hi everyone! While planning update 0.60, we wanted to introduce long awaited changes and improvements to the game, and also add new content. Of course, we were limited by the time we had: by now it's been 3 months since the release of Survarium 0.59b with a new talent tree, changes to the melee attack and x64 architecture. What did we manage to do in that time?

Crafting Weapon Modules
Since the updated modules system has been introduced, all players had the same problem: you were only guaranteed to get the module you needed if you purchased it with gold. Otherwise you had to rely on chance. We wanted to improve the system for some time now: we had a few ways to solve the problem, but all of those seemed too complex both from the UI perspective and user experience.

Finally we settled on the simplest and most elegant (as we believe) solution: allowing to create every type of modules available for each weapon using spare parts. Quality of the crafted module is chosen randomly, and you can still improve the modules you get by using the system that's already in the game.

We have ideas about taking the crafting system further, but first we'd like to hear your feedback and understand whether we are moving in the right direction.

New Variation of CNPP Cooling Tower
We wanted to release a new location in Survarium Update 0.60 very much, and that location would be based on the so called Russian Woodpecker. Alas, 3 months is not enough to deliver the content in the quality we wanted. Most likely it will be available with Survarium 0.61 which will hopefully be released in a couple months

But we didn't want to leave you without new content, and since many of you asked to rework CNPP Cooling Tower basing on the PTS version of the location, we decided to do that. We changed the layout of the space under the tower itself, which to our mind made the battles faster and more intense. This new variation will be available in "Slaughter" game mode. But that's not all! We have introduced anomalies to both variations of the location in "Slaughter"!

https://survarium.com/sites/default/files/news/p/survarium-060-cnpp-cooling-tower-1-1920x1080.jpg

Updated Supplies Mechanics
After releasing survival skill tree in update 0.59b, we got a lot of feedback, and based on it we decided to rework general gameplay mechanics of using supplies. Now you can toss them out for a short distance instead of placing down. This change affects medkits, bandages and sensors. To throw the supply, press and release the corresponding hotkey.

We are also changing the way supplies affect the character's stamina. Now you lose stamina depending on explosion radius and damage dealt by the supply. Finally, we have fixed situations when supplies dropped under the terrain.

Vepr-12 "Legend" and New Modules
As we already announced, the league shop will receive Vepr-12 "Legend" shotgun with a unique camo. Additionally, we are planning to add a couple new modules, including collimators. And thanks to the new module crafting system you will be able to instantly create these collimators!

https://survarium.com/sites/default/files/news/p/survarium-september-2019-vepr-12-legend-1920x1200.jpg

Rebalancing Weapons and Equipment
Despite the recent nerfs of assault rifles, they are still one of the best weapons, and certainly the most versatile. We don't want to make them useless, but we also want to increase usability of other weapon types, so in Survarium 0.60 assault rifles will be slightly nerfed

Some sniper rifles will also be changed to decrease effectiveness of quick scoping. Automatic pistols will also be somewhat weakened as we want you to use other side arms as well. Finally, stats of some equipment sets (you must have an idea which ones) will be changed.

At the same time we will make shotguns and SMGs stronger, but not in a way to make them an obvious choice. In general, we expect that these changes overall will make the equipment and weapons more balanced and remove everyone's favourites from the equation. But we don't want to break the balance, so we are making small corrections and expect you will still be able to effectively use your favourite weapons.

https://survarium.com/sites/default/files/news/p/survarium-060-cnpp-cooling-tower-2-1920x1080.jpg

Release Date and Other Changes
These are only the biggest among the upcoming changes and improvement. We also fixed annoying bugs with grenades falling under the terrain and sounds playing between rounds in S&D game mode. Also, following your requests, we are adding tier 2 and tier 3 premium equipment to the list of Team Mission rewards.

We will publish the full list of changes in Survarium 0.60 before the update goes live, which should be sometime in the second half of September. So very soon you will be able to check out a new variation of CNPP Cooling Tower, system for crafting modules and other new features.

Survarium DevTeam
Vostok Games

06.09.2019, 19:23

Clan Wars? There was a topic on which we discussed them. Are you going to add them in 0.60 or later?
Last edited by Albi on 06.09.2019, 19:25, edited 1 time in total.
Albi

06.09.2019, 19:27

Albi wrote:Clan Wars? There was a topic on which we discussed them. Are you going to add them in 0.60 or later?

Later. Need to apply the feedback.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

06.09.2019, 19:58

*Crafting Weapon Modules: if it has the 50% success chance I will hurt a kitten VG.

*CNPP Cooling tower: new variation is good and all, but the old one won't fix itself. Your power-ups.... *cough cough*... sorry, anomalies won't change the fact that the majority of matches there end up being a spawn rape.

*Updated Supplies Mechanics: very good change. Just wanted to create a topic today about "Medic" skill and how it is useless with current mechanic, but it seems you were faster :)
Also, throwing C4 on point would be noice ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Why not add it ?

*Vepr-12 "Legend" and New Modules: as always new modules are sweet. Keep em coming.

*Rebalancing Weapons and Equipment: very sad to see that VG doesn't acknowledge the main problem of sniper rifles. Nerfing quick scope will only hinder active skilled players, and will have absolutely no effect on those who are sitting in their favorite bush...
Last edited by UnknownPlayer666 on 07.09.2019, 11:33, edited 3 times in total.
UnknownPlayer666

06.09.2019, 20:40

One really important thing is that it's good you take your time, don't worry about updates coming in a later time. It's more important to make a good update rather than a rushed out bad one. I like the changes, the map looks good and the weapon modules addition is a much appreicated one. Thank you your hard work and hope all is well with you.
Hilmer-HUN

07.09.2019, 09:27

Will the module crafting system divided in two? I mean, if we use spare parts we get 50% of success and if we want 100% we must use gold, or the module will be crafted at 100% chance with spare parts anyway?
Ilves Silmä

07.09.2019, 12:06

Are you kidding me with this update? What is this supposed to be? Do you treat 2 hours of work of one person as a great update? These are some jokes. Finally close this game. Don't make fun of yourself.
Emto

07.09.2019, 12:27

UnknownPlayer666 wrote:Also, throwing C4 on point will be noice ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Change only affects medkits, bandages and sensors.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

07.09.2019, 12:31

Emto wrote:Are you kidding me with this update? What is this supposed to be? Do you treat 2 hours of work of one person as a great update? These are some jokes. Finally close this game. Don't make fun of yourself.

Wow, great feedback from someone who used to be part of the admin team.
trouble_every_day
Supermoderator

07.09.2019, 12:45

Emto:Are you kidding me with this update? What is this supposed to be? Do you treat 2 hours of work of one person as a great update? These are some jokes. Finally close this game. Don't make fun of yourself.

Yes this must be one of those useless updates, but I expected alot more I mean this is 0.60. We want cnpp whole map to all game modes not some crappy slaughter variants what nobody plays all other is fine I guess but still not enough. Just give us clanwars as soon as possible and rework that lighting on rest of maps. I mean london still dont have shadows. Guns what need nerfing are snipers not assault rifles. Adding recoil to both would be better.
Last edited by timo-53800 on 07.09.2019, 12:47, edited 1 time in total.

timo-53800

07.09.2019, 14:30

UnknownPlayer666 wrote:*Crafting Weapon Modules: if it has the 50% success chance I will hurt a kitten VG.

In that case - kittens should be safe :)
Chandrian wrote:Change only affects medkits, bandages and sensors.

Correction:
At the moment all items that can be placed on map (medkits, bandages, trap, mines, totem, resupply box and scanner) are installed via throw.
Only exception is C4 - since it can be installed on any surface (including walls)

ivan_vg
Vostok Games

07.09.2019, 17:39

Survarium DevTeam:Hi everyone! While planning update 0.60, we wanted to introduce long awaited changes and improvements to the game, and also add new content. Of course, we were limited by the time we had: by now it's been 3 months since the release of Survarium 0.59b with a new talent tree, changes to the melee attack and x64 architecture. What did we manage to do in that time?

Crafting Weapon Modules
Since the updated modules system has been introduced, all players had the same problem: you were only guaranteed to get the module you needed if you purchased it with gold. Otherwise you had to rely on chance. We wanted to improve the system for some time now: we had a few ways to solve the problem, but all of those seemed too complex both from the UI perspective and user experience.

Finally we settled on the simplest and most elegant (as we believe) solution: allowing to create every type of modules available for each weapon using spare parts. Quality of the crafted module is chosen randomly, and you can still improve the modules you get by using the system that's already in the game.

We have ideas about taking the crafting system further, but first we'd like to hear your feedback and understand whether we are moving in the right direction.

New Variation of CNPP Cooling Tower
We wanted to release a new location in Survarium Update 0.60 very much, and that location would be based on the so called Updated Supplies Mechanics
After releasing survival skill tree in update 0.59b, we got a lot of feedback, and based on it we decided to rework general gameplay mechanics of using supplies. Now you can toss them out for a short distance instead of placing down. This change affects medkits, bandages and sensors. To throw the supply, press and release the corresponding hotkey.

We are also changing the way supplies affect the character's stamina. Now you lose stamina depending on explosion radius and damage dealt by the supply. Finally, we have fixed situations when supplies dropped under the terrain.

Vepr-12 "Legend" and New Modules
As we already announced, the league shop will receive Vepr-12 "Legend" shotgun with a unique camo. Additionally, we are planning to add a couple new modules, including collimators. And thanks to the new module crafting system you will be able to instantly create these collimators!

Rebalancing Weapons and Equipment
Despite the recent nerfs of assault rifles, they are still one of the best weapons, and certainly the most versatile. We don't want to make them useless, but we also want to increase usability of other weapon types, so in Survarium 0.60 assault rifles will be slightly nerfed

Some sniper rifles will also be changed to decrease effectiveness of quick scoping. Automatic pistols will also be somewhat weakened as we want you to use other side arms as well. Finally, stats of some equipment sets (you must have an idea which ones) will be changed.

At the same time we will make shotguns and SMGs stronger, but not in a way to make them an obvious choice. In general, we expect that these changes overall will make the equipment and weapons more balanced and remove everyone's favourites from the equation. But we don't want to break the balance, so we are making small corrections and expect you will still be able to effectively use your favourite weapons.

Release Date and Other Changes
These are only the biggest among the upcoming changes and improvement. We also fixed annoying bugs with grenades falling under the terrain and sounds playing between rounds in S&D game mode. Also, following your requests, we are adding tier 2 and tier 3 premium equipment to the list of Team Mission rewards.

We will publish the full list of changes in Survarium 0.60 before the update goes live, which should be sometime in the second half of September. So very soon you will be able to check out a new variation of CNPP Cooling Tower, system for crafting modules and other new features.

+1

07.09.2019, 18:08

i don't know about stronger shotguns, they are already one shot killers at about 20m (i speak from experience). Also i don't think assault rifles should be nerfed as they are used in many forms of combat including sharp shooting, however this will be overlooked.

It wont affect me though because i am a sniper by heart, but i do think it would be nice to have more sniper options in the game and bigger maps with more players on each team because as i'm sure you all know spawn killing is a bit to popular in Survarium, from what i have seen there are only about 5 decent snipers in the game and the biggest maps being Rudnya and Mamayav, which are still to easy to spawn kill in. i know many of those who rely on spawn killing to feel pro will disagree but i can say this on behalf of everyone...Spawn killing is a mood killer, it ruins the fun of competitive battle.

Thanks for bringing us this diamond in the rough! i would rate it top class in post apocalyptic FPS games! 10/10
MKRYDR

07.09.2019, 18:24

Ilves Silmä wrote:Will the module crafting system divided in two? I mean, if we use spare parts we get 50% of success and if we want 100% we must use gold, or the module will be crafted at 100% chance with spare parts anyway?

Devs state that with parts it will be 100% chance.
ivan_vg wrote:Correction:
At the moment all items that can be placed on map (medkits, bandages, trap, mines, totem, resupply box and scanner) are installed via throw.
Only exception is C4 - since it can be installed on any surface (including walls)

It's what the preview said...
Last edited by Chandrian on 07.09.2019, 18:27, edited 2 times in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

07.09.2019, 19:12

And what about delay problems ?
William-g

08.09.2019, 11:58

1.-2 guns that need NERF are cancerous AK-12 and A-545, the rest of AR needs buff.
2.-Another arment is not touched which are DMRs/Carbines - no one use them because the are outpoerformed by AR/SMGs on close and long range. The only one is useable right now is SOCOM, the rest of them are piece of sht !
3.-Devs don't care about ammo type which equals dmg and barrel lenght which gives muzzle velocity of each weapon !!! Weapon Performance is based on Tier - nothing more !!!
4.-Sniper Rifles are NIGHTMAREs on bad designed maps like Rudnya, Cooling Tower that allows Barret campers shoot through whole map. Also no new gun Added since ages. There are no .308 or .338 weapons here, variety here is NONE !!!
5.- Vychlop STILL HAS NO TACTICAL RELOAD and terrible bullet drop !!!
6.- Pistols - NO VARIETY - all semi automatic pistols has the same fire rate but diffrent dmg/pen which is STUPID !!! Only worth of takeing pistols are Glock and APS - SHAME ON YOU VG !!!
7. Smoke Granade Bug IS STILL HERE and Abuseing by some players !!!! Main problem of it is that the smoke is just ring not sphere that allows to camp in it and shoot through holes in it to up and down directions. It should be resolved ASAP !
8.- Smoke from Smoke Granade MUST HAVE STAGES because it dissapear in blink of an eye without any warning !!!
9.- Other smokes of frag granade for example lights up player in the smoke granade's smoke like crazy
10. -All smokes on all maps need rework - they are transparent at some points and allows to shoot through it to hiding players in it
11. - THE MOST ANNOYING THING ATM IN RESEARCH IS OVERSIZED CIRCLE OF CAPTURE POINTS - IT ALLOWS ENEMY TO CAMP OUTSIDE THE CAPTURE POINT BEHIND SOME OBJECTS ! Examples Rudnya point A (enemy hides behind crates), Factory point C (enemy hides behind Train Wagon - Yes between 2 wagons - other side of the capture point !) RIDICULOUS !!!
12.- Vector/Direction of Player Spawn - sometimes player is spawned with face to the wall in the room no one use, player should be faceing always to the exit from the spawn !!!!
13.- Tickrate of the servers (hit registration) - No Comment
14.- DRAW DISTANCE - THIS SHIT IS BROKEN AS HELL - FIRST - SHADOWS AND TEXTURES POPING OUT LIKE CRAZEY WHEN YOU MOVE AND TRICKS ME THAT THIS IS ENEMY AT SOME SITUATIONS, SECOND WORST THING IS THAT ENEMY THAT CAMPS IN THE SHADOW/DARK SPOT IS AS DARK/BLACK AS SHADOW AND NOT VISIBLE FROM THE DISTANCE UNTILL HE MOVES OR START SHOOTING - IT HAPPENS BECAUSE THE LIGHT/TEXTURE ARE NOT LOADED ON LONG DISTANCE- PURE INSANITY - WORST MAPS WITH THIS BUG - RUDNYA, SCHOOL, FACTORY WHEN DAYLIGHT MEET A LOT OF DARK SPOTS/BUILDINGS)
Fix those points and I will point Other Crap that should be ELIMINATED FAST !!!
Last edited by NoMorePatience on 08.09.2019, 12:06, edited 1 time in total.
NoMorePatience

08.09.2019, 14:07

i wonder is it going to be possible to kill 1hp enemy by throwing medkit at him?
s0mething

08.09.2019, 14:18

NoMorePatience:1.-2 guns that need NERF are cancerous AK-12 and A-545, the rest of AR needs buff.
2.-Another arment is not touched which are DMRs/Carbines - no one use them because the are outpoerformed by AR/SMGs on close and long range. The only one is useable right now is SOCOM, the rest of them are piece of sht !
3.-Devs don't care about ammo type which equals dmg and barrel lenght which gives muzzle velocity of each weapon !!! Weapon Performance is based on Tier - nothing more !!!
4.-Sniper Rifles are NIGHTMAREs on bad designed maps like Rudnya, Cooling Tower that allows Barret campers shoot through whole map. Also no new gun Added since ages. There are no .308 or .338 weapons here, variety here is NONE !!!
5.- Vychlop STILL HAS NO TACTICAL RELOAD and terrible bullet drop !!!
6.- Pistols - NO VARIETY - all semi automatic pistols has the same fire rate but diffrent dmg/pen which is STUPID !!! Only worth of takeing pistols are Glock and APS - SHAME ON YOU VG !!!
7. Smoke Granade Bug IS STILL HERE and Abuseing by some players !!!! Main problem of it is that the smoke is just ring not sphere that allows to camp in it and shoot through holes in it to up and down directions. It should be resolved ASAP !
8.- Smoke from Smoke Granade MUST HAVE STAGES because it dissapear in blink of an eye without any warning !!!
9.- Other smokes of frag granade for example lights up player in the smoke granade's smoke like crazy
10. -All smokes on all maps need rework - they are transparent at some points and allows to shoot through it to hiding players in it
11. - THE MOST ANNOYING THING ATM IN RESEARCH IS OVERSIZED CIRCLE OF CAPTURE POINTS - IT ALLOWS ENEMY TO CAMP OUTSIDE THE CAPTURE POINT BEHIND SOME OBJECTS ! Examples Rudnya point A (enemy hides behind crates), Factory point C (enemy hides behind Train Wagon - Yes between 2 wagons - other side of the capture point !) RIDICULOUS !!!
12.- Vector/Direction of Player Spawn - sometimes player is spawned with face to the wall in the room no one use, player should be faceing always to the exit from the spawn !!!!
13.- Tickrate of the servers (hit registration) - No Comment
14.- DRAW DISTANCE - THIS SHIT IS BROKEN AS HELL - FIRST - SHADOWS AND TEXTURES POPING OUT LIKE CRAZEY WHEN YOU MOVE AND TRICKS ME THAT THIS IS ENEMY AT SOME SITUATIONS, SECOND WORST THING IS THAT ENEMY THAT CAMPS IN THE SHADOW/DARK SPOT IS AS DARK/BLACK AS SHADOW AND NOT VISIBLE FROM THE DISTANCE UNTILL HE MOVES OR START SHOOTING - IT HAPPENS BECAUSE THE LIGHT/TEXTURE ARE NOT LOADED ON LONG DISTANCE- PURE INSANITY - WORST MAPS WITH THIS BUG - RUDNYA, SCHOOL, FACTORY WHEN DAYLIGHT MEET A LOT OF DARK SPOTS/BUILDINGS)
Fix those points and I will point Other Crap that should be ELIMINATED FAST !!!

+1
And i'm scared from the buff on p90 and shotguns only pump action shotguns need a little buff on chambering time
Langdale90

08.09.2019, 15:11

Most of the SMGs won't be changed, just a few. As far as I know there are plans for a PTS too, to test the changes before deploying the update, so be sure to leave feedback.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

08.09.2019, 19:44

Look VG - I wonder how many use cheats on league ATM

Admin edit: Link removed.
Last edited by Chandrian on 08.09.2019, 20:09, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Posting links to the cheat is considered advertising and it has been removed. If you want to discuss about the cheat, do so by contacting Technical Support for more information on the matter.
NoMorePatience

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Return to News