various ideas/gripes/etc

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

14.04.2019, 13:08

Hey,
it's a long one and I'll get right to it:

1. The resupply box is ridiculously hard to place on ground. If the ground is just a tiny bit irregular, has a rock or a wood plank, you can't put the resupply box down. I found myself a lot of times just walking around with it, trying to find a place to put it down, only to be raped while doing so. It's a solid box, not a champagne glass, you should be able to put it down almost anywhere ! In the heat of battle you can't be doing "flat earth" prospecting.

2. In game profiles could display auxiliary equipment (grenades, sensors, med-kits) in addition to main and side weapons during the round start countdown or when dead. I'm testing various equipment and strategies and sometimes it would be nice to see what exactly I fitted the profile with. Maybe you think one should be able to remember what they fitted, but I don't. (should I make a doctor appointment?)

3. Mounting/unmounting weapon mods on the go, during game. Being able to fit/unfit a silencer or scope to a rifle.

4. Maybe give low tier equipment T1-3 some definite bonus over T4-5 so that beginner players will have at least some advantage against higher tiers and will also give some incentive to high tier players to actually play with lower tier gear. I don't know, something like all T1-3 armor sets to be undetectable by radar by default. Little things that aren't game breaking but add a bit of "resilience" to the user.

5. Remove the delay when spare parts weapon modding fails. You could display the message next to the menu or make it stay for a less period of time. It's bad enough you lose the spare parts, wasting a lot of time reading the same message again and again is annoying. Sometimes it takes me 30 tries or more to get the spec I'm after, so the "unfortunately..." message gets repetitive and frustrating. I get it, I lose the spare parts, don't delay me further plz!

6. We have a max of 3 active profiles at a time, but why only 10 saved presets? Can you un-cap that, make it infinite? It's a little thing, I know, and 10 is almost enough... but sometimes it's not. Or make us pay 100k silver for another 10 saved profile slots.

Going wild at it here for a bit:

7. I'd like a game mode where everyone gets the exact same armor and weapons and NO-skill points. Maybe on maps without anomalies. Maybe make the equipment random from round to round: say a round where everyone gets only pistols, or one in which they all get PPSH, etc. Could be fun. And will even out weapon & armor tier & skill point differences.

8. Maybe it would be nice to be able to challenge other players... 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 games, small skirmish maps, so you can play alone or with friends in squad against other players. A mode where you can challenge other players to a fight. Could be fun and a way to flex muscles. I even wanna challenge my friends to show them who the boss is. :P I know there were clan wars at a time, but this is different. I'd be happy with this mode even without the rewards at the end, if that will prevent any form of abuse.

9. Maybe punish Team Killers with an in-game punishment, so they will really feel it! Like... cap their HP at 50 for their next X number of matches. Or for their next 300 deaths. Right now you ban them for a few days which is pretty damn good I must say, but they can say.. oh well I'll just play something else for a few days or do a bit of gardening meanwhile. Time always flows and their ban gets lifted.

10. Calm down about swearing. Really. I get it, it's bad when people swear at each other, but some admins threaten to or even chat ban people for saying weak stuff like "sh*t!" or "f*ck, I'm such a noob!". Take it down a notch, will you?

https://i.imgur.com/E9Qh7MN.png

I'm Piggy, thank you for listening. :D
piggy

14.04.2019, 14:33

piggy:https://i.imgur.com/E9Qh7MN.png

Dude, this is awesome :D :-)

About the ammo box, I am not familiar with the problem because I raarely use it, but I agree with what you say. Probably it could be handled similar to batteries. You just throw them to the ground and they land... just the way they land. Let the game's physics do the job. Shouldn't be a problem. Ok, maybe they will sometimes slip through the geometry and fall down to the earth's core, but this bug needs to be fixed anyway ;)

And a word to your 8. point (the small skirmish matches). Maybe you have a more sophisticated solution in mind, but when I read your words I thought of the Shooting Grounds. Maybe there could be an option to enter them with squad members. So when you enter the shooting grounds through the usual way (right click a weapon, or via workshop, items shop) AND you are in a squad at that time, the squad members should (1) notice that and (2) have the option to join you. This would need to rework that "mode" a little (respawn etc.), but I think it is probably not such a huge thing for the devs (question mark). And it would enable us to finally test weapons against human players.
Last edited by jule on 14.04.2019, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
jule

14.04.2019, 15:11

piggy:
10. Calm down about swearing. Really.

+1 on this. Or at least be consistent - ban the npcs for swearing in the team mission :D
Scaramanga

14.04.2019, 18:02

Scaramanga:

+1 on this. Or at least be consistent - ban the npcs for swearing in the team mission :D

Ban the NPCs for spreading lies, they call Atlant corporation "Atlantis" for some reason
Kube

14.04.2019, 21:11

@jule, haha, thanks man!
Regarding the ammo box, exactly, it should just fall to the ground. Right now it has to "stick" in a way, and you lose a lot of time finding that perfect spot. As for the 1v1 or squad vs squad matches... it can be anything, really, but on small maps so you don't have to waste time looking around. A sort of private game so you can challenge opponents you hate :P or test stuff out, train, etc.

@Scaramanga, Kube - even the mediator says "sh*t" at least twice during the tutorial. Ok, I get it, it's an artistic license so to speak. But still.. saying sh*t, especially when not directed at anybody, should not be a problem. Hell, ok, they could only investigate those incidents which received complaints from players or when admins witness a real, harsh language problem that was directed toward other players, admins, devs, whatever. Just picking on anyone who dares say the weakest of "swears" is tiresome and in doing so it only attracts attention to it, whereas if left alone, nobody will even notice it.
piggy

15.04.2019, 00:02

piggy wrote:Hey,
10. Calm down about swearing. Really. I get it, it's bad when people swear at each other, but some admins threaten to or even chat ban people for saying weak stuff like "sh*t!" or "f*ck, I'm such a noob!". Take it down a notch, will you?

https://i.imgur.com/E9Qh7MN.png

I totally agree and intent should always be considered when language is an issue.
Also, thanks for taking the time to make the comic strip, it's nice work!
trouble_every_day
Supermoderator

15.04.2019, 12:30

trouble_every_day:
I totally agree and intent should always be considered when language is an issue.
Also, thanks for taking the time to make the comic strip, it's nice work!

You get my point. Great attitude! <3
And thank you!
piggy

17.04.2019, 22:08

+1 nice strip :D
M4rk0

01.05.2019, 10:26

M4rk0:+1 nice strip :D

Thanks! :D

More stuff...

11. Fix smoke if possible. There are just too many instances where one player sees nothing, but the opponent sees everything. People started exploiting this, but I won't say here what the trick is (probably is well known, but I just found out).

12. Increase the penalty for "casual" leavers. If people leave the games once, fine, tax them 5k silver, but increase the penalty if they leave more than once per week or per month. Otherwise you are encouraging them to leave whenever they don't win. This game don't allows other players to replace those who left during the match, so whoever stays in a game with quitters just wastes time.

13. Show in the friend list the friends who are already in a squad. Display a little text or put a * next to their names if they are already in a squad, so other people looking for squads will know who is busy/taken already :) Maybe you can even show a "2/3" or "3/3" for partial or full squads.

14. Display an armor rating in your profile, just like you show speed and protection against anomalies, etc.

Ty
piggy

01.05.2019, 11:43

Why do you want 14. if armor rating varies from one piece to another? Every piece can protect only that part and the protection value will change depending on the stats of the weapon that's shooting at you.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

01.05.2019, 13:11

Chandrian:Why do you want 14 [...]

You're absolutely right, it would be useless. Sorry :D
piggy

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion