It would be nice to have an answer.

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

04.04.2018, 09:37

0.52 is coming for those who don't try the PTS you will see a really good work of VG on it. But I think that we need something really new implant in the game and I think a lot are waiting for that.

But there are questions that some of us ask and we never get clear respond from VG concerning the future of the game and it would be nice nice to have a clear answer.
It would be nice to know also If yes when approximately, if not can we know the reason.

- Will we get in a future a new faction(s) ?

- Will we get a new map(s) ?

- Will we get a new lobby ?

- Will it be a new mod? Maybe something like that viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15730

- We receive as a reward modules from premium weapons example for SR3M-Vikhr, would it be possible to use it on normal weapons like the usual SR3M?

-What about the skill tree, when we will have it finish?

- Could it be possible for the player who reach the top to have premium camo in reward (for daily quest) instead of money and ex booster?

- Could it be possible to remove the helmet of bots and make than a face of zombie?

One more question more personal, why when I play London map my fps trop to 20 even can be less? If someone have the answer.
William-g

04.04.2018, 10:10

William-g:- Will we get in a future a new faction(s) ?

Maybe, we've been waiting for 2 new ones, for how many years now? I guess if we're going to have them it will be a surprise devs don't want to spoil, so for now, let's just assume no.
William-g:- Will we get a new lobby ?

It most likely has been discussed before, but I would like everyone who hopes for this to explain in detail what is wrong with the current one (many things, I know, but a good listing of those would be very helpful to devs). A fully new lobby, I don't think so. Again, isn't it better that VG went forward instead of making the same thing over and over again?
William-g:- Will it be a new mod? Maybe something like that

I like your idea, but I don't expect us to get that. We have the event mode coming up with public .52 release, but apart from that I think and hope devs are going to give us more Co-op missions.
William-g:- We receive as a reward modules from premium weapons example for SR3M-Vikhr, would it be possible to use it on normal weapons like the usual SR3M?

Premium and rare SR-3M share the same modules, I think? And well, of all the possible ways to encourage people to buy premium weapons, having modules for those weapons drop ~often, isn't all that bad strategy.

Tsjuder

04.04.2018, 10:32

Tsjuder:
Maybe, we've been waiting for 2 new ones, for how many years now? I guess if we're going to have them it will be a surprise devs don't want to spoil, so for now, let's just assume no.

I have the feeling that if they do not answer to that question concerning factions and maps is because we won't have more.

Tsjuder:
Premium and rare SR-3M share the same modules, I think? And well, of all the possible ways to encourage people to buy premium weapons, having modules for those weapons drop ~often, isn't all that bad strategy.

I know it is a good strategy to push people to buy premium weapons but I think that people who can buy premium weapons they do not wait to get modules in drop :)
William-g

04.04.2018, 10:48

You've touched very soft subject that VG doesn't want to talk too much. New content in this game is a taboo topic. To be honest i don't remember when got something new (do not count weapon skins from events or premium gear) and i don't even expect it to change in the near future...

ps. They are busy of making a new game^^
Ventori

04.04.2018, 11:07

Ventori:You've touched very soft subject that VG doesn't want to talk too much. New content in this game is a taboo topic. To be honest i don't remember when got something new (do not count weapon skins from events or premium gear) and i don't even expect it to change in the near future...

I know that it is a delicate subject for VG and that why I'm convince that it is because we can't expect more factions and maps.
I think the last content we get was London map, and than the map with different looking.
William-g

04.04.2018, 11:21

William-g wrote:But there are questions that some of us ask and we never get clear respond from VG concerning the future of the game and it would be nice nice to have a clear answer. It would be nice to know also If yes when approximately, if not can we know the reason.

- Will we get in a future a new faction(s)?

We cannot say. We ourselves do not know.

- Will we get a new map(s)?

The new game event will have a new map. As for future locations, we don't want to give any specific date. It is best to wait for Update previews for news on main features.

- Will we get a new lobby?

If you are referring to the specific faction themed lobbies, they are not a priority at this point so no time frame can be given.

- Will it be a new mode?

The unique events (forth coming one too) have a new and unique game mode. As for a permanent one, this is unknown. We have some ideas for the future but cannot promise anything at this stage.

- We receive as a reward modules from premium weapons example for SR3M-Vikhr, would it be possible to use it on normal weapons like the usual SR3M?

I've passed on this request to the designers.

-What about the skill tree, when we will have it finish?

The entire skill system is currently under redesign. No ETA can be given at this time. We're too busy working on the immediate features, i.e the new renderer.

- Could it be possible for the player who reach the top to have premium camo in reward (for daily quest) instead of money and ex booster?

I've passed this request on to the designers.

- Could it be possible to remove the helmet of bots and make than a face of zombie?

Taking the time to redesign facial features is not something we will do now or in the near future. It is a minor feature and while it would be a nice addition, there are simply far more important matters to attend to.
Last edited by joewillburn on 04.04.2018, 11:49, edited 3 times in total.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

04.04.2018, 11:36

joewillburn:

That is cool, really thank you Joe for those honest and clear answers.
Even if I think that a new faction and one map more would be really welcome and could bring back some players.

joewillburn:
Taking the time to redesign facial features is not something we will do now or in the near future. It is a minor feature and while it would be a nice addition, there are simply far more important matters to attend to.

Even if you use the face you already have and damage them that they look more zombie? Would it be a lot to do?
Last edited by William-g on 04.04.2018, 11:39, edited 1 time in total.
William-g

04.04.2018, 11:43

Ventori:You've touched very soft subject that VG doesn't want to talk too much. New content in this game is a taboo topic. To be honest i don't remember when got something new (do not count weapon skins from events or premium gear) and i don't even expect it to change in the near future...

Umm... Co-op mission?

Tsjuder

04.04.2018, 11:48

Ventori wrote:You've touched very soft subject that VG doesn't want to talk too much. New content in this game is a taboo topic. To be honest i don't remember when got something new (do not count weapon skins from events or premium gear) and i don't even expect it to change in the near future...

No, we are not. The team for Survarium is separate. Two entirely different projects. Also,
Last edited by joewillburn on 04.04.2018, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

04.04.2018, 13:13

Tsjuder:
Umm... Co-op mission?

This is probably the only new BIG content since very very long time, so yeah VG has something to be proud of.

joewillburn:The team for Survarium is separate.

And by this fact, the community can clearly notice that progress in Survarium slowed sharply. Last patch was released by the end of 2017 and we can expect that 0.52 will be released somewhere around late April because there are still lots of bugs in PTS, so it will be ~5 months since last patch. Sounds not very inviting, isn't it? Especially that these updates contain very little of content. In short this game is developing too slow. Players like me who already achieved everything in this game has simply nothing to do untill the next big patch came out and only hope it will bring some freshness for the next weeks.
Ventori

04.04.2018, 13:30

Ventori wrote:Last patch was released by the end of 2017

51 was released at the end of December. So that's a little over 4 months. Which is the usual timeline for new version releases. As for "little content". We mentioned a long time ago that these next phase of updates will focus more on the technical side of the game. Personally, I consider a remaster of the games visuals as vital and equal as any other sort of addition. It is massive chunk of work that has taken a long time. We're a small team, you can't add tons of new content every few months. The manpower required for that would be in the 100s.

Ventori wrote:And by this fact, the community can clearly notice that progress in Survarium slowed sharply.

Development hasn't slowed at all. We're just working on things you see as less important, that doesn't mean development has slowed it just means you want something else than what we are delivering currently and because your personal wishes aren't being granted in the time you would like you say development is too slow.

Enjoy the game for what it is and stop wanting it to be something different. Let it grow and change and take part in that. It's very much a case of not seeing what's in front of you because you always want what you cannot have and what you do have goes unappreciated. Play the game to have fun in the match you are playing. We all want the game to expand, but that shouldn't stop you from being able to have fun with what's currently available. You claim players who have maxed out have "nothing to do"... well a game isn't always about achievements and progression. Sometimes it's just about having fun for a couple hours.
Last edited by joewillburn on 04.04.2018, 13:32, edited 1 time in total.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

04.04.2018, 15:07

joewillburn:
Development hasn't slowed at all. We're just working on things you see as less important, that doesn't mean development has slowed it just means you want something else than what we are delivering currently and because your personal wishes aren't being granted in the time you would like you say development is too slow.

Yes, it is true maybe we expect something else, but for me what was important was to get some answers and I found it nice from you and VG to get those answers.
William-g

04.04.2018, 15:42

It would be nice when you say that you pass on things to the dev team to return more often with what they thought about the various ideas from the community that you pass on joe, like was it something they will add, or was it something that wasn't interesting at all in their minds. Then we know whether to look forward to small things more, kinda a microupdate.

Besides this i also wanna stress the point that we need something after we reached top of all factions, and got to much silver, soemthing needs to be done here to make long time players have goals. Perhaps get more spare parts, exchange silver/rep for spare parts. I have like 130 rep boosters, can't use them so i save them in case i can exchange em in future. Also premium isn't very attractive for those who have maxed factions and have to much silver, sure more spare parts, but i suggest keeping the guarenteed module for losing matches to as an incentive. Or let those who maxed factions receive league points, very slowly, that would also be an incentive to rank up in the game, to get rarer equipment.

I also have an idea about leagues or events being tierspecific, meaning, that every month there is a league a different tier will be used to play it. E.g. one league consists of playing at tier 2 and tier 5 only, perhaps giving difffernt amount of league points depending on the tier thats played. So players can only play league in one lower tier and one higher tier. This would direct the community to play differnt tiers each league, instead of just 3 as of now. And the next league there could be for example tier 1 and tier 4 only. Each month new league with new tiers. Or JUST one tier available each league, which changes each league, in case community just chooses to play one tier.

Another idea is when you hold tab and see map and scoreboard, you could DRAW on the map to indicate to players, like attack this area "draws an x", or "go this way" - draws lines. When they draw, the lines show up on the minimap and the tab map for other players, so they can se what players draw. Would be very tactical and easier to communicate than just the commands u can shout and people speaking different languages.

Sorry for posting ideas in this thread.. :)
Last edited by Shroomcar on 04.04.2018, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
Shroomcar

04.04.2018, 16:05

Since there's admin replies in this thread I'd like to throw in my own questions.

- When will there be a silver sink? I and a lot of others have obscene amounts of silver and it's useless, perhaps we could convert it into spare parts, or stash maps at large amounts (Like 500k - 1 map?)

- Will you replace reputation rewards with something else when you've completed all factions?

- Is a clan war feature being worked on?

- Will it be possible to add more than 2 decals to armour pieces? (And perhaps an option in-game to turn off all decals for performance reasons)

- Will it be possible to select armour sets in the menu, instead of equipping every piece manually?

A little end-game content would be nice since so many of us are around that stage currently. With nothing or little to unlock or progress there's little to hold peoples interest.
English_Cat

04.04.2018, 17:23

joewillburn:

Enjoy the game for what it is and stop wanting it to be something different.

These are the words how i got to accept Survarium for what it is - arena pvp shooter. And in that category it is one of the best ones out there. Ive been playing arena shooters form UT99 and have tested loads of different games.

Sure, there were times i almost lost any hope for Survarium, but im happy to say that right now its pretty good. I would even go as far and say that i enjoy the PvP part of Survarium. Sadly i cant say the same for the PvE part of the game. The problem isnt the lack of content, the problem is mostly what is in there - sad to say but its hot pile of donkey poo.

For several reasons i will draw comparison with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomalies .... where do i even start, in Stalker they were mysterious and unpredictable - in Survarium .... bolt throwing simulator. Bots - in Stalker they used tactics and so on, in Survarium ... if you dont sneak and instakill them with sniper then you are f...ed.

Mapdesign itself is just boring - there are few almost interesting places but then with lackluster anomalies placement and extra fun botfights sadly these few places lose their charm really fast.

So whats the point of all this .... current form of Survarium started as engine test platform for the main planned Freeplay gamemode. Now i wish that the PvP part would stay the main cosnsentration as thats where Survarium strength is.
s0mething

04.04.2018, 17:59

@Joe, what was the original plan for the Mercenary and Scientist factions? Some elements were added to the game files long, long ago but they did not go anywhere.

And flavor text for equipment, is this returning? It was originally in the game but removed, but some of the text still remains in the localization file last time I checked.
chicken_feet

04.04.2018, 18:09

chicken_feet wrote:@Joe, what was the original plan for the Mercenary and Scientist factions? Some elements were added to the game files long, long ago but they did not go anywhere.

We'd like to add them but much work is still needed to be done. Not just on content but rather things like MM. Before adding a new faction and a ton of new equipment that would naturally accompany it a good solution for equipment/weapons/mm should be found.

chicken_feet wrote:And flavor text for equipment, is this returning? It was originally in the game but removed, but some of the text still remains in the localization file last time I checked.

This I am not sure about. Best I can do is query it with the designers. But I'll go out on a ledge and say it certainly won't be high on their list of priorities.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

04.04.2018, 18:20

English_Cat wrote:Since there's admin replies in this thread I'd like to throw in my own questions.

- When will there be a silver sink? I and a lot of others have obscene amounts of silver and it's useless, perhaps we could convert it into spare parts, or stash maps at large amounts (Like 500k - 1 map?)

Good uses for silver are something the designers are discussing and we've got a few ideas but nothing has been decided yet.

- Will you replace reputation rewards with something else when you've completed all factions?

Motivation for players who have reached this level is definitely something that is needed and we agree. I suspect that this issue will be addressed when the redesign of the skill system is introduced.

Not actively no. The number of players that actively support this idea is not enough to warrant putting resources into its development at this stage. As an extra boost the community petition that was created has been sent to our leads for consideration but with less than 600 signatures it is unlikely to have much of an impact in swaying their minds. At this point in time at least.

- Will it be possible to add more than 2 decals to armour pieces? (And perhaps an option in-game to turn off all decals for performance reasons)

It would be nice wouldn't it. I'll pass this request/idea on to the guys. Thanks!

- Will it be possible to select armour sets in the menu, instead of equipping every piece manually?

That's kind of the point of having the three equipment profiles. Sure I understand that perhaps you want to make a quick change that isn't currently set up in your current gear profiles but some players want only a specific piece of gear instead of the whole set and developing a whole new UI addition just so one can click on a whole set and have it applied is really more trouble than it is worth. It's a feature that isn't really needed as selecting each piece doesn't really take much time at all and the current system works for both those who want a full set equipped and those who don't. But, having said all that, I can pass this on but I will tell you now, I am certain it won't be considered. Certainly not now.
Last edited by joewillburn on 04.04.2018, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

04.04.2018, 18:29

Why not let players who maxed a faction restart the last tier of the faction, and each time they complete it they are rewarded with a small amount of gold? It would be token but it would be some reason for the player to continue playing. A "newgame+" for the last tier of a faction.
chicken_feet

04.04.2018, 19:15

joewillburn:

Not actively no. The number of players that actively support this idea is not enough to warrant putting resources into its development at this stage. As an extra boost the community petition that was created has been sent to our leads for consideration but with less than 600 signatures it is unlikely to have much of an impact in swaying their minds. At this point in time at least.

Emmmm .... this is the reason this game will not be populated by any seriuous players - if there isnt competitive clan war system then ....also - clan war system ALREADY WAS in the game. It was removed years ago. Survarium already scared away lots of people who will never ever come back. From what we saw the PvE isnt the thing i would put my bets on. Its crap. People just suffer and play it for the loot. Only someone deeply retarded would enjoy PvE. So i would put my bets on PVP bucket. But for PvP to flourish it needs clan system, clan matches, leaderboeards .... and not the "hacker of the day" leaderboards but actual clan one - like the one Clanbase had. And with competitive gameplay people will come - with people also money will come.

Freeplay was a nice dream but as You keep on saying - Survarium has small team. That small team can dream big but keep it real while dreaming and deliver what You actually can. And that is solid PvP gameplay.

Atm the race between Star Citisen and Survarium .... it feels that Star Citisen will be finished earlier.....
s0mething

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion