A quick question / suggestion

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

19.03.2017, 02:41

There has been a situation just now - we were winning in Artifact hunt mode and scored 4 artifacts already. The 5th one was a helluva fight to deliver, costed us several deaths but we were apparently making it (3 vs 3 humans + bots). It happened that I got my chat banned and I just dropped the artifact downhill at the base (Mamayev map, "worse" spawn) - just as you go up from the trench and go downhill to ammobox (a bit to the right) and the artifact box (a bit to the left) - and I threw it out so the players who needed the score would take it and finish the thing.

So, we were definitely making it, no danger (less than 3 min left, 4 artifacts with us, all human enemies were just downed) and my team mate KILLED me few moments after I dropped the artifact, apparently FOR dropping it...

My big question is who is to blame? :D My intention was to share some points because I scored most in the match but I couldn't communicate my intention due to the chat ban.

My suggestion would be adding some icons to chatbanned players (like a "mute" icon next to player's name) AND adding few unique quick messages to different game modes. For instance:

Battery:
- Guard the carrier (cuz apparently it isn't an obvious strategy sometimes). Applies to Artifact Hunt too.
A vice versa of this would be:
- I don't wanna bring but will cover / Finish my battery, I'm not making it (or something like that). Applies to Artifact Hunt too.
Or another option would be:
- Hide next to chargers and lure the enemies in. TOTALLY applies to Artifact Hunt - especially in 2v2 + bots: you kill 2 humans and then u r almost guaranteed to bring it home.
A much needed message would be:
- Guard the batteries in the base ("Defend our base" is kinda good but... dunno) *an automessage instead of human-spoken quick message would be good, like "You have something to lose, better stay here for a while" (when you have 2 batteries more than the enemy does). I know it's kinda selfexplanatory, but some Lone Wolf players don't see the point in working towards the common goal or something. Here, it'd be a good mini-quest (like the Battlefield has, I guess?) that if you give this "Guard the base" message (and it's repeated by 1-2 other team mates), there's a radius marked in which other players should stay to earn some +5 until other players join them in this "defensive" radius. OFC, the kills inside this radius should earn you more than the usual 10 points, cuz you're guarding the valuable Storm-protection stuff. And, ofc, would be good that any newly spawned player would stay inside the "radius" until he's pushed out by 2 (3?) next spawned team mates, as it makes no sense for the entire team to sit in the base UNLESS you've brought 6 batteries already.

TDM:
Here, the standard set is more or less ok, the only thing I'd suggest is to swap "Defend the base" with "unlock the base/kill the base campers". And maybe "Hide and sneak, don't catch them bullets!" if you clearly see your team mates' KD turns into a DK :D (0/10, 5/15 etc.)

And a common "yes/no/thanks/sorry" quick messages would be much welcome by lots of players I guess, especially the "thanks" and "sorry" being available even between the spawns (as you die). OFC, you have some time to TYPE that as you're waiting to respawn but some players (especially Russians in EU server) don't speak English, so a quick message should do the trick.
66ppt99

19.03.2017, 06:44

Or you don't insult people, flood the chat or spam profanities so you don't get chatbanned?
Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer

19.03.2017, 11:58

66ppt99:My suggestion would be adding some icons to chatbanned players (like a "mute" icon next to player's name)

+1

But I think you're going too far with those quick commands, I agree we need those yes/no/thanks/sorry, but we don't need "there's a guy left of me sitting in a bush with sniper and he will kill the battery carrier if somebody doesn't help me right now" type of messages. For "guard the carrier" he should himself just use the "cover me", for the "I'm not making it" you use "help me" etc.

Tsjuder

19.03.2017, 12:39

Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer:Or you don't insult people, flood the chat or spam profanities so you don't get chatbanned?
no problem about that but we're all humans and things happen sometimes, don't they? :) Moreover, I'm not even able to communicate to my squad where I definitely have full understanding and no insults are possible even when profanities are used.
Tsjuder:I agree we need those yes/no/thanks/sorry, but we don't need "there's a guy left of me sitting in a bush with sniper and he will kill the battery carrier if somebody doesn't help me right now" type of messages. For "guard the carrier" he should himself just use the "cover me", for the "I'm not making it" you use "help me" etc.
That's all we need, don't we? Short messages would be just great (for a start) and of course I didn't mean we need "there's a guy left of me sitting in a bush with sniper and he will kill the battery carrier if somebody doesn't help me right now" type. But some new players don't even know quick messages exist and you clearly see that even with a weak team you would have made it if you weren't the only one (or two) who work(s) for the objective, hence sometimes you NEED to remind ppl what the common goal is and you DON'T have time to type (again, the language barrier). Plus, some like to spam messages here and there shouting "help me" every 20 seconds, without even being close to a battery or anything else.

Another thing I'd like to have is the RECONFIGURABLE "talk" button. I sometimes get nervous and instead of reloading or throwing smoke, I press "t" and then I end up typing "xwaasswaad" instead of moving :) it's like making a "format c:\" command next to Enter button :)
66ppt99

19.03.2017, 13:19

Well I use "attack" to remind people that sitting in a bush isn't the way to win matches, not sure if I get my message through with that. But funny thing, there are "attack" and "attach their base", but there is only a "defend the base" and no "defend"...

I'm quite sure the chat button is reconfigurable?

Tsjuder

19.03.2017, 14:08

People barely use the quick commands there is already, and even then they just flood the chat. It's annoying as hell. This feels like a whine about the chatban more than anything, so maybe don't trashtalk or spam?

Teamkilling is always petty, so just don't do it. It's bad enough I get teamkilled by bots (Seriously?) but players too for doing something they don't like is just terrible.

Maybe learn a few Russian words to help with the language barrier?
English_Cat

19.03.2017, 16:10

+1
more commands because i use them and we need more so i dont have to type .today i played with a russian dude on EU he was typing in russian so i politely asked him to type in english(which is not my mother tongue) he said i'll speak only my language and that was it.more commands is a good idea some people dont understand english some dont like using it etc etc
Mo1992

20.03.2017, 16:27

Chat commands are a great idea. The ones we have now work fairly well too. Maybe two sets on different keys, tactical (from the left, attack, defend) and general communication (Hello, sorry, over here).
Sleeves

25.03.2017, 17:19

Tsjuder:I'm quite sure the chat button is reconfigurable?
unfortunately, it isn't

English_Cat
People ... just flood the chat. - yeah, that's why we need the "individual mute" button. I don't want to hear nor see anything from this and that player - I mute them, done. Wouldn't even bother with submitting a ticket to support. Same goes to Ru (non-En, non-De, non-Fr etc.) speaking players in Eu server - why would anyone bother looking and kids' Cyrillic scribblings? Moreover:
Mo1992:...today i played with a russian dude on EU he was typing in russian so i politely asked him to type in english(which is not my mother tongue) he said i'll speak only my language and that was it
see? it's not just me.

As for the "whine about the chatban" - the same thing, dude. It's about convenience of everyone, not just "education of filthy mouths" (trust me, I was the reason for chat ban for some 20+ filthy mouths now, and been chat-banned twice). But ppl should not make too much efforts trying to communicate to a chatbanned player, should they? They should clearly see (s)he's had his/her chat banned.

And trust me, there's no language barrier between me and Russians (unfortunately), that's EXACTLY why I'm asking for individual mute ;-D

Oh, and one more thing - would be great to have the same button (option) for forum, too. E.g., I'm not in a mood to see anything from colers25 - I'm too dumb to understand that anyway, right? - so I'd just "mute" him.
Last edited by 66ppt99 on 25.03.2017, 17:22, edited 2 times in total.
66ppt99

25.03.2017, 21:21

unfortunately, it isn't

If you mean the chat button in game, it is, long time ago I did change from "T" to "Y"
-BOSS-Moby

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion