Survarium Update 0.46 is on the PTS!

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

10.03.2017, 20:45

We're glad to announce that the Public Test Server with Survarium update 0.46 is live! To participate in the test, please download new game version or update Survarium PTS ver. 0.45. Please note that the temporary shutdowns of the PTS are possible when installing updates and making urgent changes.

You can participate in the test if you registered in Survarium no later than March 8. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to login to the PTS if you have registered via Steam due to a different authentication system.
All testers will receive 10 thousand spare parts, 10 million silver, and 10 thousand gold to make purchases on the PTS. Characters and progress in the main game as of March 8 will be copied to the test server. However, the progress you make during the test will not be transferred back to the main server! The PTS has no way if receiving payments, so purchases made in Survarium shop are automatically credited to your account on the main server.

Read find the update notes of Survarium PTS 0.46 below. Please note that those are not final and The public server will receive version improved based on the results of the testing! See you on the PTS!

Important: in order to test all the weapons and armor, we will be unlocking equipment tiers on the PTS over time. Initially only tier 1 will be available with other tiers coming later.

The Complete List of Changes in PTS 0.46a0
Gameplay

- Updated penetration parameters of different objects and materials.
- Headshot damage increased from 250% to 300%.
- Only one equipment profile is available by default. Premium account unlocks two more profiles.
- Ammunition resupply time from a box was halved: down from 3 sec to 1.5 sec.

Weapons and Equipment
General Changes

- Number of equipment tiers decreased from 10 to 5.
- Parameters of weapons and equipment were changed correspondingly.
- "Weight" parameter has been replaced with "Speed". Weapons and equipment now reduce character speed by a certain percent.

Weapon Parameters Changes

- "Dispersion" has been replaced with "Recoil": each weapons has its own recoil pattern.
- Effective distance now means a maximum distance at which weapon inflicts maximum damage (previously it was distance after which weapon inflicted minimum damage).
- This is why displayed effective distance is now generally lower. But in fact distance is now higher for many weapons.
- The majority of weapons now have two types of bullets: common and armor-piercing.
- Common bullets: distance equals to weapon base distance, penetration equals to weapon base damage.
- Armor-piercing bullets increase penetration but decrease weapon distance by 10%.
- Pistols don't belong to a certain faction now. You get access to all pistols of certain tier by reaching that tier in any faction.
- Pistols now have a separate ammo count and don't subtract ammo for your main weapon.
- Switching to a pistol from another weapon is now faster.
- This allows you to equip a pistol and ammo for it and have maximum amount of ammunition for your main weapon.
- All sniper rifles now have "Bleed Chance" parameter which is displayed in percentage.
- Upon receiving "Bleeding" effect the character loses 4 hit points per second during 10 seconds (so 40 in total unless he stops the bleeding).
- Shotguns no longer have slugs.
- Shotguns now have "Shot Grouping" parameter instead of "Accuracy". We have also removed random pellet dispersion. These changes should make hitting with a shotgun more predictable.зуемыми.
- Grouping when firing from the hip is lower when firing in iron sights.
- New weapon type: carbines. Several rifles that used to belong to sniper rifles category are now considered carbines.
- Winchester 1894 was removed from the game.

Armor Parameters Changes

- Armor now has 3 types: light, medium and heavy.
- The heavier armor is, the more it decreases incoming damage and character speed.
- Armor now has an additional tip. It shows (in percentage) decrease of incoming damage from a weapon of similar tier, lower tier and higher tier.
- Armor sets are now available. Each two items from a set provide a bonus. You can get up to 3 bonuses (by getting 2, 4, and 6 set items).

Special Items

- Every faction now has a medkit with a unique effect.
- The Renaissance Army Medkit temporarily reduces incoming damage and restores HP.
- Scavengers Medkit restores a lot of HP.
- The Fringe Settlers Medkit stops bleeding, then restores HP.
- The Black Market Medkit heals fractures, then restores HP.
- Trap now always breaks legs.
- Smoke grenade now belongs to advanced special items, not explosives.
- The totem no longer heals, now it reduces incoming damage around itself. Renamed to "Defense totem".

Game locations

- Added new variations for several game locations.
- Whenever there's a match on one of those maps, one of the variations is selected.
- The list of maps with a number of alternative versions: School (4).

Final Round in Artifact Hunt

- Final round starts if both teams have equal score when the match ends (15 mins pass). The final round lasts additional 3 minutes.
- You can't resurrect in the final round. The team which delivers the artifact or kills more enemies wins.
- If the final round ends in a tie, both teams lose.

Changing Batteries in "Battery Retrieval"

- A battery is considered lost if it's not in the spawn point, in the base or in the character's hands.
- Lost batteries gradually lose durability. It loses 100% in 45 seconds.
- When a battery falls it also receives damage depending on the fall height.
- Upon reaching 0% battery explodes and deals damage to everything around it.
- Battery makes a specific sound before exploding.
- Battery explosion creates explosion particles and also makes a sound.
- Battery cannot be damaged by firearms.
- Batteries immediately explode when falling down from a location.
- Destroyed batteries respawn in 30 seconds.

Bug Fixes

- Situations when a character dies several times due to a high ping should now be more rare.
- Fixed an issue when post match statistics had a wrong game mode name.

Survarium DevTeam
Vostok Games

10.03.2017, 21:14

Survarium DevTeam:- Only one equipment profile is available by default. Premium account unlocks two more profiles.

Pay2Win. Now donators can buy premium and they can choose their role depend on map. What I can do? I need to play with sniper rifle even if I will play on Tarakanovsky Fort and I want to take shotgun. But I can't, becouse I am not premium player.
_-Albi-_

10.03.2017, 21:16

_-Albi-_:Pay2Win. Now donators can buy premium and they can choose their role depend on map. What I can do? I need to play with sniper rifle even if I will play on Tarakanovsky Fort and I want to take shotgun. But I can't, becouse I am not premium player.

No one will agree with this. They'll revert the change.

Pistols now have a separate ammo count and don't subtract ammo for your main weapon.

Finally.
Shotguns no longer have slugs.

Interesting.
Winchester 1894 was removed from the game.

Why?
The Renaissance Army Medkit temporarily reduces incoming damage and restores HP.
Scavengers Medkit restores a lot of HP.
The Fringe Settlers Medkit stops bleeding, then restores HP.
The Black Market Medkit heals fractures, then restores HP.
Trap now always breaks legs.
Smoke grenade now belongs to advanced special items, not explosives.
The totem no longer heals, now it reduces incoming damage around itself. Renamed to "Defense totem".

Nice changes.
Chandrian
Survivor
Supertester

10.03.2017, 21:20

Chandrian:

Winchester 1894 was removed from the game.
Why?

Shingan said something about adding it back in but it needs new modifications.
https://forum.survarium.com/ru/viewtopi ... 9#p1191989
StoneMalone

10.03.2017, 21:23

_-Albi-_:
Pay2Win. Now donators can buy premium and they can choose their role depend on map. What I can do? I need to play with sniper rifle even if I will play on Tarakanovsky Fort and I want to take shotgun. But I can't, becouse I am not premium player.

Certainly not P2W in my opinion. And I'd like to remind everyone that this is the first PTS version. Many changes to balance, game-play etc can and often should be expected. So, don't jump up and down yet. Remember, we have a new Lead Designer, this is his first update so, take it with a pinch of salt. More changes and additions are coming.
Last edited by xXx_Didda For President_xXx on 11.03.2017, 05:17, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed a spelling mistake ;)
joewillburn
Vostok Games

10.03.2017, 21:29

Maxim, I love you for these changes ! #nohomo
The pace is just on point. Gunplay, well, some recoil animations feel a bit clunky, but that doesn't matter at all if we, players, can enjoy the pre 0.25 experience once again.

When I first approachad car wrecks on Rudnya I was like wtf - from where does the radiation come from?
Very nice addition !

Keep it up !
Last edited by Diegtiarov on 10.03.2017, 21:29, edited 1 time in total.
Diegtiarov

10.03.2017, 21:35

I really, really like most of what I am seeing here.

And I tested the AKM and boi, THAT is what i call a bloody AKM. A work of art.

major commentaries:

Revert the 1-profile change. Unless you want people to rage quit out of convenience.

It seems the premium weapons now have more damage; judged from the past screenshot of the AKM weapon chart I am guessing this is Shingan just being a little bit sloppy and not updating the weapons. If it was intended, you gotta forgive me here.

I will forgive the slug change and the winchester change because they seem to be temporary changes, and I am just gonna go out on a limb here; We already know the winchester is coming back and I am guessing that the slugs will come back as an attachment as a "rifled barrel"

Not commenting on balance yet due to lack of testing
Last edited by riad55 on 10.03.2017, 21:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Insulting.
colers25
Supertester

10.03.2017, 21:40

joewillburn:Certainly not P2W in my opinion

Even though you will try to deny that it's not P2W, the community won't agree with you. And this change can only come from the thought of "okay, not enough people are buying premium, let's make it more 'powerful', without listening to what the community has suggested to make it better".
Chandrian
Survivor
Supertester

10.03.2017, 21:41

Chandrian:
No one will agree with this. They'll revert the change.

Nah m8 this is F2P and they gotta make money somehow lol

_-Albi-_:

Use Terminator. Problem?
Last edited by Shrekr on 10.03.2017, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
Shrekr
Supertester

10.03.2017, 21:41

No pls no only a equipment slot...
Well done for other change I go to try it on pts!
Langdale90

10.03.2017, 21:43

I dislike the change of the reduction of equipment sets from 2 to 1. It will lack in variety now when it comes to weapons and playstyles.

But the rest of the changes are sounding VERY NICE. Also a good way to test the stuff with the "unlock tiers from time to time" thing

Max for president^^
Last edited by Roxo on 10.03.2017, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.
Roxo

10.03.2017, 21:49

Survarium DevTeam:
- The totem no longer heals, now it reduces incoming damage around itself. Renamed to "Defense totem".

I'm not sure about this one. Sounds like another reason to wear Zubr and just be a tank in a chokepoint.
Shrekr
Supertester

10.03.2017, 21:52

Shrekr:

I'm not sure about this one. Sounds like another reason to wear Zubr and just be a tank in a chokepoint.

I hope they are hard nerfing the Zubr^^ Whether if its in this patch or the next. I hate full Zubr players with all modifications.

Thats why I enjoy the headshot damage buff. Finally a way to kill ZUBRs :D
Roxo

10.03.2017, 21:55

The gunplay is indeed more satisfying and difficult to master. This is returning to 0.26 level of gunplay and I am loving every second of it. For his first update, I really have to congratulate Max for performing his duty as lead gamedesigner and project lead well and he is definitely off to a good start with what we have seen today although some of the changes are less praiseworthy, especially the removal of the second profile slot for players without premium. I hope the other tiers will be as positive as T1 is. Keep up the good work!
Last edited by Davik_Heragon on 10.03.2017, 21:58, edited 2 times in total.
Davik_Heragon
Supertester

10.03.2017, 21:57

Does anyone else think it's weird that you can hip-fire the smgs with complete ease?
Last edited by StoneMalone on 10.03.2017, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
StoneMalone

10.03.2017, 21:57

Roxo:

I hope they are hard nerfing the Zubr^^ Whether if its in this patch or the next. I hate full Zubr players with all modifications.

Thats why I enjoy the headshot damage buff. Finally a way to kill ZUBRs :D

I bet they will make it slow and tanky just like the good old days when a T10 player could end up in a T5 match and solo the game lol

Davik_Heragon:The gunplay is indeed more satisfying and difficult to master. This is returning to 0.26 level of gunplay and I am loving every second of it. For his first update, I really have to congratulate Max for performing his duty as lead gamedesigner and project lead well and he is definitely off to a good start with what we have seen today although some of the changes such as the removal of the second profile is one I cannot support. I hope the other tiers will be as positive as T1 is. Keep up the good work!

If recoil patterns aren't 100% random then it's gonna be a big party for macros XD
Last edited by Shrekr on 10.03.2017, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
Shrekr
Supertester

10.03.2017, 21:59

If VG really wants to change the profiles so it makes premium more attracting, maybe try to make it so that without premium you can only choose between 2 on match start, with premium you can change in the middle of the match.
Because if we go back to the time when profiles were added, it was because you can't know before you're connected to a match which map you're going to be playing in, and that plays big role in deciding which weapon to take.

Tsjuder

10.03.2017, 22:00

StoneMalone:Does anyone else think it's weird that you can hip-fire the smgs with complete ease?

SMGs are actually designed to be hipfired in most games so yeah it's normal.

Tsjuder:
Because if we go back to the time when profiles were added, it was because you can't know before you're connected to a match which map you're going to be playing in, and that plays big role in deciding which weapon to take.

Yeah and the solution is a proper server browser instead of random matchmaking.
Last edited by Shrekr on 10.03.2017, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
Shrekr
Supertester

10.03.2017, 22:10

So from what i read everything is awesome EXCEPT the lowering of profiles for regular players.The game,as far as I know,was free to play,right?Why should we be paying for a second equipment profile when we had that?I mean,sure,it'll bring me some advantage with my VSK94 over snipers and regular guns alike,but where's the diversity there?A lot of players used 1 profile for short range and 1 profile for long range-sniping...

A lot had,like me,a single gun in 2 profiles with 2 different equipment sets so i'd had somewhat camo options for different maps,as it does help to be harder to spot.Why lowering the profile nuber sets?You had no reason to do that,it lowers player's diversity in every match which will make a lot leave the game angry.

Imagine making a medium range profile for a map like the lab or the fort and ending up in one of those "sniperfest" maps...It'll lead to a lot ragequitting you know...
H83R

10.03.2017, 22:32

Shrekr:
Use Terminator. Problem?

Yes, problem. Not enough ammunition. Terminator is for weak snipers, who buying burito and 10 bullets is not enough, so they need to change burito for jackhammer in second hand. Anyway terminator should be deleted immediately.
Last edited by _-Albi-_ on 10.03.2017, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
_-Albi-_

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Return to News