Survarium Update 0.46 Preview

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

14.02.2017, 13:09

In Survarium Update 0.46 you can expect the first part of the game changes announced earlier. Read on to find out the key innovations arriving to the game soon!

Reduction of tiers of weapons and gear

In order to speed up the matchmaking, in the coming update we will reduce the total number of tiers for weapons and gear from 10 to 5. This decision will also allow us to diversify the assortment of each faction within one level. As for the items you already own, the current levels of weapons and gear will be proportionally preserved and adapted in line with the new system.

Gear system redesign

In Survarium Update 0.46 we will introduce a more transparent and structured system of gear. All the armor in the game will be split to three classes: light, medium and heavy. New ‘protection against explosion’ parameter will be added to the armor, while the weight of the equipment and weapons will directly impact the speed of your character’s movement.

Additionally, we’ve implemented the notion of equipment sets: the more items from one set you put on the character, the more bonuses you get. Various sets provide different bonuses, so the players can experiment with the gear.

Weapons in the game get a bunch of new characteristics: piercing of materials, chance of bleeding, stopping power, running speed, speed of running in aim, accuracy from the hip, recoil of first shots. Moreover, the set of characteristics for weapons of various classes can differ. For example, the chance of bleeding will be characteristic for sniper rifles only. As for piercing of materials, we will introduce the new formula of calculations. Thus, for instance, the armor-piercing bullets will now reduce the effective distance, but increase the piercing of materials.

Another innovation towards the recoil parameter: now every weapon in-game will have its own characteristic profile of recoil when shooting. The automatic weapons will also get an additional parameter of recoil for the first bullets: they will fly predictably, which will allow the players to use adjustment fire. To avoid use of macros, the recoil profile will always have an element of randomization. Therefore, the ‘scatter’ parameter will be completely removed from the game: now the bullet flies exactly where your sight is looking, the weapon dispersion is brought in correspondence with the real counterparts.

https://survarium.com/sites/default/fil ... 11x590.jpg

Such approach will allow us to ensure the behaviour of each weapon in-game is truly unique and will let the players pick a weapon most fitting their style of play.

Changes to the In-game supplies

For all the grenades we will considerably increase the parameter of piercing obstacles and chance of break of extremities. We will add two new medkits, the current ones will undergo changes. Anaesthetic will now become a supply too. The healing totem will yield protection from damage, while traps will always break legs. The tiers of multiple supplies and their parent factions have been overhauled.

New FOV for weapons

We are redesigning the field of view (FOV) for weapons to make the feel of using weapons in the game more realistic and comfortable. See the current and new weapons FOV compared on the screenshot below.

https://survarium.com/sites/default/fil ... 6x1038.jpg

New game maps variations

In the Survarium 0.46 update the already known game maps will receive a few new modifications. Thus, a traditional passage in the corridor may now be inaccessible, while an anomalous tree can replace the usual rusty car in the hub of the map. Such changes on the maps are designed to diversify the game tactics and add more unpredictability to the game. On top of the standard version each map is planned to have 3-4 modifications.

https://coub.com/view/rvvml

One more map-related change is about the ammo refill crates. We will introduce 1-2 additional ammo crates on each map. This will free up the need to return to the base: if you run out of ammo in the heat of the moment, just find the crate nearest to you and refill your stock. The time to use the crate and resupply has been halved. To prevent any abuse, once utilized, a cooldown timer will start. Until that cooldown time is over, you’ll be unable to refill ammo.

Start of public testing

We have already been testing the changes to the game modes on PTS and will be updating the test server as other changes get added to the test build of Survarium. Soon all the innovations mentioned above will be available to test on the PTS server. Stay tuned for more news coming!
Андрияш Козловский
Vostok Games

14.02.2017, 13:19

Last edited by karat805 on 14.02.2017, 13:25, edited 3 times in total.
karat805
Survivor

14.02.2017, 13:25

Great job, can' wait to see the .46 in live patch!

Can someone please post new tiers for all weapons in game when the test starts?
Pavle9300

14.02.2017, 13:26

One word:
Interesting.
Jäeger
Veteran

14.02.2017, 13:30

Wow big +1!!
Quean

14.02.2017, 13:47

What about the fps issues on certain places on map especially tarakanovsky fort? I get around 7pfps stable but i have drops,and on the fort map i get 30-40 fps and it's unplayable. I already tried everything but that map is just bad...
H83R

14.02.2017, 14:03

This is really interesting :o

Love the equipment sets idea too, is it going to be like 6 pieces (for example) for an entire set and adding each piece giving a new bonus and having all 6 giving an extra bonus? This is how it's done typically in RPG games.

I fear a bit for those recoil changes, as AR accuracy right now doesn't normally exceed 30% (what I mean is that weapons do not need more recoil, it just needs to be harder to master); I do hope for the best, as I'd like for the "one tap" (as in, single-firing an AR to be way more precise) method to be a valid playstyle.

As you're redesigning in-game supplies, I'd like to ask a thing about bandages and anesthetics. Bandages only heal for 25 hp and anesthetics give a 25% damage reduction for 5 seconds. So, in one slot you can put 1 medkit OR 1 bandage. But, as they're less effective, shouldn't we be able to put, say, 2 bandages/anesthetics/antitoxines in one pouch? Or do you think that as their activation is so low (only one is unlocked by default for everyone, though, the bandages), allowing just one is balanced?
The way they are right now, most of the players never use them again once they unlock oxygen tanks or better medkits.

edit: here's the AKM image in english: http://i.imgur.com/0yUmUMO.png
(AKM damage in 0.45 - 26; damage in 0.46 - 34)
Last edited by Chandrian on 14.02.2017, 15:42, edited 7 times in total.
Chandrian
Survivor
Supertester

14.02.2017, 14:32

Let me start with something that sounds rather petty but is still a pretty unnecessary oversight: Why aren't we provided with a localized weapon card? I mean, I understand that the first 4 are damage (also, the AK getting 33 damage?! that is stuff straight from a dream), rate of fire, effective range and magazine size, but god knows what the other 2 remaining ones are. I am GUESSING the last one is stopping power, but there is no way to know for certain. And the entire section following that is complete guesswork; I presume the chart is a visual representation of recoil profile, allowing players to quickly deduce the most effective burst size, which, you know, is great game design. But it would have costed the developers 5 minutes to go into the game, set the localization to english and provide us with a localized issue.

Yes, I know its a petty complaint BUT it is a warranted one given that it is a completely unnecessary fuck up.

Now, on to the substantive part.

I greatly appreciate the tier compoundment. Once again I would have preferred 3 tiers like the league system now has, for a host of reasons, but I won't look a gifted horse in the mouth.

The gear redesign sounds pretty great. encouraging people to put on sets is also great, instead of the mindless stat-optimization we have now.

I like the altered dynamic of the AP ammo.

Can't state my opinion on the recoil profiles since as of current I have no idea what to expect of it, but my hopes are high. It would provide the developers with the layers of balance required for weapon diversity, DPS vs controlability balance and weapon uniqueness, along with giving more ways to introduce the attachment system.

The gadget change sounds great.

The FOV update is literally the stuff of dreams and the main thing that has been irking me about this game since the day i started to play this game. Heck, my first forum post was me complaining about the fact that the old Winchesters aiming pin was so bloody small it could literally hide between the space of 2 pixels on my screen.

I love the idea of multiple map variations and more crates.

Basically, this seems to be the update of dreams. I know there will be a LOT of complaints on many of the changes most notably the change in recoil behavior and weight because a lot of people have been exploiting the flaws in this system for ages now, and i hope the devs wait for the changes to settle in before altering stuff too much. Generally I have at least one thing to pick at per update but this time all I can really say is that you guys should just go all the way with the tier system and lower it to 3. So basically my only complaint is not taking more radical steps.

Looking forward to the testing!
colers25
Supertester

14.02.2017, 14:33

Everything looks nice, but where is armor pene? What with armor pene statistics on my weapons?
_-Albi-_

14.02.2017, 14:42

colers25:Let me start with something that sounds rather petty but is still a pretty unnecessary oversight: Why aren't we provided with a localized weapon card? I mean, I understand that the first 4 are damage (also, the AK getting 33 damage?! that is stuff straight from a dream), rate of fire, effective range and magazine size, but god knows what the other 2 remaining ones are. I am GUESSING the last one is stopping power, but there is no way to know for certain. And the entire section following that is complete guesswork; I presume the chart is a visual representation of recoil profile, allowing players to quickly deduce the most effective burst size, which, you know, is great game design. But it would have costed the developers 5 minutes to go into the game, set the localization to english and provide us with a localized issue.

I've attached a translated weapon card to my post above yours. English localization is not ready yet.

colers25:i hope the devs wait for the changes to settle in before altering stuff too much.

+1. Also, don't you find it weird that they leave the tier system while also adding light/medium/heavy armor distinction?
Chandrian
Survivor
Supertester

14.02.2017, 14:46

Hi All....

Am i dreaming ?? ;)

Its looks like an update that can make me play again.....

Recoil, movement speed, sets advantage and bonuses....we talked about that years ago ;)

Finally.
Last edited by Owcen_no_steam on 14.02.2017, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.
Owcen_no_steam

14.02.2017, 14:48

Chandrian:
edit: here's the AKM image in english: http://i.imgur.com/GEXImRQ.png
(AKM damage in 0.45 - 26; damage in 0.46 - 34)

AKM stoping power is high, not low.

colers25:
Basically, this seems to be the update of dreams. I know there will be a LOT of complaints on many of the changes most notably the change in recoil behavior and weight because a lot of people have been exploiting the flaws in this system for ages now

I really hope spray and pray way of playing will be nerfed.
Pavle9300

14.02.2017, 15:10

♥♥♥♥♥   ♥♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
   ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
     ♥♥♥♥♥
        ♥
-IRONWOLF-

14.02.2017, 15:12

Because of this sentences:

"To avoid use of macros, the recoil profile will always have an element of randomization. Therefore, the ‘scatter’ parameter will be completely removed from the game: now the bullet flies exactly where your sight is looking, the weapon dispersion is brought in correspondence with the real counterparts."

I hope, right now macro users are crying in the dark corners of their holes...
Last edited by _LOGAN_ on 14.02.2017, 15:13, edited 1 time in total.
_LOGAN_

14.02.2017, 15:23

Chandrian:Also, don't you find it weird that they leave the tier system while also adding light/medium/heavy armor distinction?

I guess we'll see how this plays out when the test version comes up. I guess you fear that the tiers more or less lose their meaning, the gameplay stays exactly the same no matter which tier?
If I were to design this, I'd make it so that the differences would be much more significant on higher tiers e.g. heavy armor on high tiers being very heavy, but also could take few more shots than medium armor, and a lot more than light, while on lower tier heavy armor tanks only one shot more than medium (or can barely survive a shot that would be one hit kill to medium and light), but also doesn't weight all that much more.

I'm more or less speechless, but I'll wait until the test version goes live with the full list of changes revealed, before giving more praises.

Tsjuder

14.02.2017, 15:26

well i waited for that but i hope i will have all my weapons bought and won for example i hope i will still have my colt1911 that i won
lawl aka versalius67

14.02.2017, 15:41

Андрияш Козловский:

In order to speed up the matchmaking, in the coming update we will reduce the total number of tiers for weapons and gear from 10 to 5. This decision will also allow us to diversify the assortment of each faction within one level. As for the items you already own, the current levels of weapons and gear will be proportionally preserved and adapted in line with the new system.

That part make me really worry, not long time ago Bots have been implant in the game for almost the same reason. Few month later the number of level will be reduce from half. It look like the Survarium community is going lower and lower and it isn't a good sign.
William-g

14.02.2017, 15:49

William-g:That part make me really worry, not long time ago Bots have been implant in the game for almost the same reason. Few month later the number of level will be reduce from half. It look like the Survarium community is going lower and lower and it isn't a good sign.

They also removed the MM expanding tiers (or whatever it was called, the thing that caused T10 players in T8 matches), which increased waiting times. And there's also that people have always said that the waiting times are too long, even when the playerbase wasn't split between ranked and non-ranked.

Tsjuder

14.02.2017, 15:50

Андрияш Козловский:

I wonder on what lvl will be current 8?
polish-stalker876

14.02.2017, 16:00

Андрияш Козловский just confirmed that we will be able to replenish ammo with the crate located at enemy team's base!!
source: https://forum.survarium.com/ru/viewtopi ... 7#p1185717

Pavle9300:AKM stoping power is high, not low.

>_< Thanks, I always mess those two up.

_LOGAN_:I hope, right now macro users are crying in the dark corners of their holes...

I always see you accusing people of using macros, so I'd like to quote this statement by Dargalon for you:

"Do not judge the presence of macro players with killcam, referring to its features it is working at 15fps, then gets interpolated to be smooth, resulting in skipped shooting animations, camera shaking and creates a feeling that there is no firing recoil. Killcam was created to compute cheaters and not macro users. Game's recoil has a random factor that macros cannot cope with."
source: https://forum.survarium.com/ru/viewtopi ... 9#p1064269

Tsjuder:If I were to design this, I'd make it so that the differences would be much more significant on higher tiers e.g. heavy armor on high tiers being very heavy, but also could take few more shots than medium armor, and a lot more than light, while on lower tier heavy armor tanks only one shot more than medium (or can barely survive a shot that would be one hit kill to medium and light), but also doesn't weight all that much more.

BF4 had something like this. I mean it didn't have tiers nor armor distinction but in the end the numbers would state "okay, this is 4 shots from up close and two to the head but as soon as you get to x meters its damage falls to 5 shots to kill although still 2 to the head".
Last edited by Chandrian on 14.02.2017, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
Chandrian
Survivor
Supertester

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News