Here's something funny for you guys that are still playing

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

08.02.2017, 23:00

I'd like to direct you to this picture here: http://survarium.com/sites/default/file ... ine-en.jpg

Recognize it?

Yeah, that was only what? 4 years ago?

Vostok ain't even trying. I hate to say it, but Gamersfirst or Nexon could do a better job, step up your goddamn game.
We all know this game is like a spin-off of STALKER, but goddamn I've played the base STALKER games exponentially more than Survarium.

Seriously.

I'll give you a quick comparison of team progression.

a2z Interactive: 10 employees. Currently making the game "Survive The Nights". Project has been in development since August 2015. Currently has crafting system, open-world, zombies, working AI, animals, not even released Alpha yet, but when popular gamers like Frankie got extremely early copies of it, they even had working vehicles and object physics, and Frankie's video was well over a year ago.

Vostok Games: Couldn't find much, one site said 11-50 employees. Currently making the game "Survarium". Project started development at an unknown time, somewhere between 2012 and 2013 after the assimilation of GSC Game World. Game released on Steam on April 2, 2015. Currently has a 49% approval rating overall, with ungodly numbers of trolling "postive reviews which actually say how bad it is". Also just recently introduced broken-as-shit AI.

Might as well close the company, cause unless you guys (Vostok) plan on actually getting something done soon, this game is going absolutely nowhere.

KnightRider400

09.02.2017, 00:03

Oh don't be so cruel - they even achieve to change the FOV already <kappa>

But on your example we can again see the same "problem" as with famous *removed*. This problem is an Engine problem:
→ As I know Survive The Nights is made on Unity Engine (the same as ...).
→→ Unity Engine itself is created and maintained by hundreds of people from Unity Technologies.
→→→ a2z Interactive can employ only people who are actually developing the game (not the engine itself).

Unfortunately VG works on their own engine (created on the basis of old X-Ray Engine from the Stalker), and they develop that engine themselves. So VG can't spend all their powers to developing the game because they must simultaneously develop the engine itself.

If only VG started creating Survarium on some modern engine like Unity/Unreal/Cry, then half of the issue we have with the game would never existed and nowadays we would probably have highly developed product with freeplay and everything else.

The most noticeable example of this problem was the whole New Render matter. VG spend at least few months (probably much longer), to create this render. On any other engine they wouldn't have to spend this time, because other engines already have an quality options for that. Furtheremore Unity/Unreal/Cry games still works better and looks better, on potato PC, than Survarium on new render.

So the original sin of Survarium is the wrong decision while choosing the engine, but nowadays it is financially unviable to start all over again on different engine.
Last edited by trouble_every_day on 28.04.2017, 11:06, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: 3.12.
-IRONWOLF-

09.02.2017, 00:44

But the New Render came out a while ago, and they still haven't said jack shit about Freeplay or anything else coming.

KnightRider400

09.02.2017, 01:11

IMHO the Freeplay is already unreachable in Survarium. I want to be wrong, but I'm afraid the best we can expect is a solid, fast paced shooter with a coop mode against AI. Something like Left4Dead maybe. But I don't believe to see open world in Survarium anymore.
-IRONWOLF-

09.02.2017, 01:20

-IRONWOLF-:Unfortunately VG works on their own engine (created on the basis of old X-Ray Engine from the Stalker), and they develop that engine themselves. So VG can't spend all their powers to developing the game because they must simultaneously develop the engine itself.

If only VG started creating Survarium on some modern engine like Unity/Unreal/Cry, then half of the issue we have with the game would never existed

This my friend, might be the highest quality post ever dumped in this nearly deserted forum.

H04rst

09.02.2017, 01:37

I have to wonder if the same engine decision would be made in hindsight but we won't ever know.
trouble_every_day
Supermoderator

09.02.2017, 11:26

Actually, the ratings were doing extremely well for a long time. I checked at new year; it was 67% positive, but it abruptly tanked somewhere halfway January.

Admittingly, literally 50% of the reviews are troll reviews from people who just don't want to get the fucking memo and think them wingeing over Freeplay why stir anyone anymore, as if anyone who has been paying attention and is reasonable hasn't buried their hopes for freeplay with the 2016 dairy.

VG suffers mostly from 2 things: Them choosing to get their own engine (Which, admittedly, did allow them to make their own renderer), and poor management, something that is outline in the singular employee review of VG that I found. Combine that with an level of optimism that consistently got the community hopes up just to piledrive them right in the ground, and you get this fiasco.

Currently? I think they learned from their mistakes, and set more realistic goals. They met all their 2016 AFAIK, and the 2017 also come across as completely reasonable. There is only one essential thing they have to do if they EVER want the Survarium and that is combine Freeplay map development and Co-op map development, if not completely combine the 2 concept as I have outlined in a suggestion of mine. From the data we have the first Co-Op map is going in development now. Now, if they try to make it as a bit of a tutorial map to hook players into the game in a way that is more effective than throwing them against a bot squad, go ahead, but everything past this point should be made with the intent of expanding it with more co-op "maps" in the same map instance untill they have something to test Freeplay on. Because if they have to focus on PvP maps, Co-op maps and Freeplay maps, they will split up their own development resources so much that they will never get to work at a satisfactory pace.
colers25

09.02.2017, 12:14

Do you seriously think that VG, which can't give us a new map since... too long, can do an open world game ?

Players are over bored of waiting times to enter in a match, and VG do what ?
Add stupido bots, split the playerbase in half with a league where EU players can't find matches without falling asleep on their keyboard, and then they have the wonderfull idea to split it again with PTS server....
The result is waiting during... too long to "maybe" find a match on the EU server, to play with 3 players and bots on old maps.
And it's not rare to have one player afk...

The fact that you need an incredible number of matches too have enough spare parts is one of their great idea too.
Why can't we have spare parts for silver ?

Many other great ideas are killing the game, like the mixing of the factions, and the fact that there is no survival weapons.

Missions scores are stupid, if you kill like a god, you win, even if it's a battery match.

For me this game goes right into a wall. We'll never see the open world of survarium.
Last edited by ike07 on 09.02.2017, 12:57, edited 5 times in total.
ike07

09.02.2017, 12:33

KnightRider400:Here's something funny for you guys that are still playing

It is not funny.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

ike07:EU players can't find matches without falling asleep on their keyboard

Not true at all man, you know, if the zrfgaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
ZatoFRA

09.02.2017, 14:10

ZatoFRA:

It is not funny.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Yeah I forgot to put my "/s" in there for sarcasm, I dropped it on the way to pick up the fucks I was supposed to give. Turns out they never arrived.

KnightRider400

09.02.2017, 17:33

ike07:Do you seriously think that VG, which can't give us a new map since... too long, can do an open world game ?

Add stupido bots, split the playerbase in half with a league where EU players can't find matches without falling asleep on their keyboard, and then they have the wonderfull idea to split it again with PTS server....
The result is waiting during... too long to "maybe" find a match on the EU server, to play with 3 players and bots on old maps.
And it's not rare to have one player afk...

The fact that you need an incredible number of matches too have enough spare parts is one of their great idea too.
Why can't we have spare parts for silver ?

Yes I agree that it has been too long since we got a new map. And the last one (London) isn't the greatest either imo.

But them adding the bot is essentail for testing future plans for PvE and maybe (I really really hope) Freeplay. Same goes for the PTS, yes it sucks that there are less people playing the normal game, but testing has to be done.

For the parts...100% agree with you. I was looking back some old footage. With the old "Ransack Stash" (wich I like 100X more than the now "Treasure Hunt" we were able to get 50-100 part PER GAME quiet easily. Now it takes anywere from 10-15 games, or if you're "lucky" (ofcourse you want the Glock) you get some parts from daily and TH.

I don't know for sure but I think most people that are Lv50+ have 1-3 milion Rubles wich they can't do anything with. So buying parts for Silver would be a welcome change.

And don't get me wrong I flipping LOVE this game and hope Freeplay will become a thing one day, even if it takes another 2-3 years. But without it I don't see this game surviving for much longer then 1-2 years.
Last edited by YouTube-CadGamings on 09.02.2017, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
YouTube-CadGamings

09.02.2017, 21:47

The old treasure hunt gave out both gear,weapons,stash maps,spare parts and those boosts for the next match,i really miss it.And spare parts for silver?Or player-based market for trading?Why should i sell the second AS VAL upgraded to t3 for 36k when it's real value is around 100k(including the upgrades)?
As a long time MMO player i have to say something:i said it on many posts i had before-factions need to be non-switchable!What motivates me to choose a faction besides the stupid daily missions(there,i said it-too much effort for worthless reward)?
I fully support weapon and gear rebalance tough,into 5 tiers(easier to find matches too),but it needs to be done by gun caliber and the coresponding tier equipment rebalanced by the current gun tier.It is absolute nonsense to have t4 ak47 which is 7.62mm to be weaker than t6 H&K MP5! I mean,come on! Realistic optimisations, realisting weapon behaviour,but bad caliber balance...And how can,for another example,an m16(or m4,whichever it was)which is 5.56mm to be stronger than a 7.9mm RPK???Dafuq?What is the point of other realistic player,explosive and weapon behaviour if the calibers are all messed up?
For freeplay?Meeeh it'll never happen,this game will stay to be like COD multiplayer,play a match,get gear,and leave after few games because of boredom.It aint going anywhere for the 2 years i've been playing and idk what to say about all of you playing it a lot more than i do.I said freeplay can be made very easy.There are anomalies right?Make "portal" anomalies created by solar flare hitting up regular anomalies,which connect the maps together,by jumping from one to another on coresponding places on the maps.
The renderer was good when 0.30-0.40,even the new one,i had around 50fps on the old renderer and 80+ on the new one,including the over-buggy Tarakanovsky fort(i hope i typed it right).Now on the new renderer i have 50-100 fps(a huge range with fps drops) and on the old one i have 20-40!WTF?And the constant stuttering and buggyness?I bet VG fired the old renderer programmer and he did it on purpose before leaving the company ^_^ (or he was a lazy piece of you know what) and upon finding bugs etc just "went with the flow" of them.A change of engine should not be that hard,i would estimate 2-3 months which players would actually wait to happen.If it fixes the fluidness and fps?Heck i'll wait half a year.Transfering objects into another engine?I don't think it'd be that hard.Or expensive.How about you make that your objective for 6months VG?Actually fixing things?
I love the game, i still have high hopes and high expectations,but idk things will get better soon,since VG is concentrated on making $ by selling us little spare parts for $(in the store)and having the designers and developers create crappy deals and missions and events that only worsen the game bit by bit giving us,the actual players,nothing that we want for a long time.Heck,i work too,i know VG needs money,i support it,but duuuuudes,give something in return for putting up with cra**y development for more than 2 years.There were good things that got developed,i don't say no,but the engine,servers,spare parts and after-match rewards,the mission rewards,overall earnings,cannot dismantle gun into spare parts anymore,no new maps for a while,no freeplay,and the "freely switch factions" thing?You gotta fix that if you wanna step up your game and actually achieve something in the MMO gaming world if that was your plan.Don't ignore the player's opinions,we don't mean no harm to the game we play daily,nor are we not understanding that sometimes things happen and get the work stuck.We all have high hopes and want to see better days,just,if no other improvements,fix the damn servers and fps and stattering issues,sometimes it's unbearable to play.On other games i have 90+ FPS on ULTRA settings with physics on,and have no lag,stuttering,fps drops etc,and here it's like i play on a potato watching frozen pictures all the time.It's like you're Rick-Rolling us every time there's an update.Seriously.Give something ,that we ask for almost daily, back.
H83R

09.02.2017, 22:38

H83R:I fully support weapon and gear rebalance tough,into 5 tiers(easier to find matches too),but it needs to be done by gun caliber and the coresponding tier equipment rebalanced by the current gun tier.It is absolute nonsense to have t4 ak47 which is 7.62mm to be weaker than t6 H&K MP5! I mean,come on! Realistic optimisations, realisting weapon behaviour,but bad caliber balance...And how can,for another example,an m16(or m4,whichever it was)which is 5.56mm to be stronger than a 7.9mm RPK???Dafuq?What is the point of other realistic player,explosive and weapon behaviour if the calibers are all messed up?

I'm not getting into the rest of your post, but I just have to say I find it hilarious that out of all the examples of weird caliber vs damage you point out few that are actually not true Xd

T4 AKM has 26 dmg and 30 AP
T6 MP5 has 22 dmg and 30 AP
The AK isn't weaker than the MP5

T8 M4A1 has 24 dmg and 55 AP
T8 RPK-74M (which is 7.62x39,wth did you get that 7.9mm?) has 28 dmg and 60 AP
The RPK isn't weaker than the M4

You could have pointed out that there's no reason why different shotguns have different damages or why SVU has more AP than SVD while firing the same round, or a dozen other things that make no sense.

Tsjuder

09.02.2017, 23:21

Tsjuder:
I'm not getting into the rest of your post, but I just have to say I find it hilarious that out of all the examples of weird caliber vs damage you point out few that are actually not true Xd

T4 AKM has 26 dmg and 30 AP
T6 MP5 has 22 dmg and 30 AP
The AK isn't weaker than the MP5

T8 M4A1 has 24 dmg and 55 AP
T8 RPK-74M (which is 7.62x39,wth did you get that 7.9mm?) has 28 dmg and 60 AP
The RPK isn't weaker than the M4

You could have pointed out that there's no reason why different shotguns have different damages or why SVU has more AP than SVD while firing the same round, or a dozen other things that make no sense.

You took their range, firerate and other stats into account to determine the TTK?
Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer

09.02.2017, 23:40

Everything in this game is unrealistic and you guys discuss this "caliber not matching real world values" stuff for over a year now.
But a leathejacket with furr applications providing better armour than a bulletproof vest, a medkit restoring your full health within a second and an artifact that lets you sprint at lightspeed sounds completely reasonable to you? What about no recoil and no scope sway? Spawnprotektion? Running behind an artifact without any function?

H04rst

09.02.2017, 23:51

I've lost all the hope I had for this game. I recently reached 70th lvl. I've been playing it over 2 years now. Let's face it - there's no chance of the Freeplay mode. Let's all forget about it. Of course the devs won't admit it because it'd even more decrease the fanbase around this project. To be honest, Vostok Games personnel should be ashamed of themselves. They don't even have a courage to set things straight. Pathetic.
Last edited by trouble_every_day on 08.04.2017, 04:52, edited 1 time in total.
spinach

09.02.2017, 23:54

H83R:

Oh boy you wrote a lot of interesting things but please use your [space] and [enter] more often because it is very hard to read it all in its current form.

H83R:A change of engine should not be that hard,i would estimate 2-3 months which players would actually wait to happen.

I can assure you that it is not that simple. You are right that 3D models are reusable, but that's probably all you can take from current game to another engine. And the models aren't the biggest part of the whole work. So I would rather count the whole operation for 1-2 years at least. Who would pay for that time? If VG don't get massive cash injection from somewhere (Kickstarter maybe?) then I don't believe they can afford that kind of investment.

H04rst:Everything in this game is unrealistic (...)

+1 :)
Last edited by riad55 on 07.04.2017, 13:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: 3.12.
-IRONWOLF-

10.02.2017, 01:31

Gentlemen, please control your impulses to insult or otherwise directly attack Vostok Games.
Thank you.
trouble_every_day
Supermoderator

10.02.2017, 01:38

trouble_every_day:Gentlemen, please control your impulses to insult or otherwise directly attack Vostok Games.
Thank you.

No one is insulting anyone here. Truth is that VG lied us several times about the progress of many aspects of the game and never made a clear statement.
Last edited by spinach on 10.02.2017, 01:38, edited 1 time in total.
spinach

10.02.2017, 01:46

Kube

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Return to Game Discussion