Developer Q&A 0.41 - 12-14-16

A section dedicated to developer Q&As.

12.04.2016, 10:37

Why have you decided to deactivate the Last Stand mode? Do you plan to return it in future after a revamp?

The Last Hero mode was removed for two reasons:

а) It is not particularly fitting the format of other modes where the battles go team vs team. Due to there could only be one winner in the mode, this made it difficult to calculate the score and determine the winners in various nominations of ‘Heroes of the Day’.

b) Though many players liked ‘The Last Stand’ mode, we cannot help but admit the majority of players prefer playing in squads. That’s why the matches with this mode used to take a long time to gather and start. Let us mention that we plan to activate this mode from time to time in the event format. However, this won’t happen anytime soon.

Why can’t we disassemble the items into parts? Explain your decision please.

We were not completely happy with the mechanism of getting the parts by buying and disassembling the equipment. That’s why we started working on the functionality of purchasing parts with silver, similar to the way you can buy silver with gold. Later though we realized that if players would be able to receive parts with silver, the uniqueness of these parts as currency will be lost. And then we decided to return to the initial concept that parts are a unique rare currency which can be acquired when searching the aftermatch stashes and by participating in events.

Do you plan other changes in terms of improving the new interface? What else would you like to add or change?

In the near future we plan to improve the victory screen and battle loading screen and complete redesign of the in-game shop.

With the introduction of the new renderer some players have noticed their frames per second improved, others however experience the following issues:
– Textures don’t get loaded up;
– FPS drops;
– There is no fps boost or even slower performance compared to the old renderer;
– The game locations are too dark. The gamma put to maximum, yet the opponent’s silhouette is still barely visible on dark locations.

Please, explain why do those issues occur and how soon they could be resolved.

Let’s discuss it one by one
– Textures don’t get loaded up;
– FPS drops happen;
Both issues are known to us. They are related to texture loading process. We are working to resolve it as we speak.
– There is no fps boost or even slower performance compared to the old renderer;
The current version of the new renderer does not have scale resolution available as yet, which means the rendering goes in full resolution, which would be the same as setting the scale resolution to 100% in the old renderer.
– The game locations are too dark. The gamma put to maximum, yet the opponent’s silhouette is still barely visible on dark locations. This problem is also something we are aware of. The artists do their best to get it resolved.
We expect all the issues to be resolved in one of the upcoming hotfixes.
Let us also mention that as of today the new renderer has been optimized for systems where the video card is the performance bottleneck. If it’s the weak processor which causes the problem, the new renderer in update 0.41 would not perform its maximum frames per second on such a system. This said, please keep in mind we are working to resolve that as well.

When will you add a possibility to change the scale resolution in the new renderer?

This should be available with an upcoming hotfix.

Will there be news on banning the player accounts caught on using the prohibited software?

Yes, we plan to get the news early next week.

Why have you decreased the parameters of equipment modifiers in the 0.41 update?

Here’s our thinking on this one: for gloves and boots the secondary characteristics have a much higher importance compared to armor and isolation, therefore wearing gloves and boots of high levels did not make much sense. In order to change that we introduced scaling based on the level of equipment. Automatically spreading between the worst and the best modifier decreased.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

12.04.2016, 10:41

joewillburn:Though many players liked ‘The Last Stand’ mode

How many? lmao
joewillburn:And then we decided to return to the initial concept that parts are a unique rare currency which can be acquired when searching the aftermatch stashes and by participating in events.

Which means that people who have upgraded their outfits and weapons have an advantage compared to those who haven't upgraded it, because they'll have to wait for the spare parts in order to upgrade their outfits/weapons. Very wise decision you made there, veegee...

veegee message to the community: Please, buy stash maps if you want to get spare parts.
Last edited by str0lek on 12.04.2016, 10:46, edited 3 times in total.
str0lek

12.04.2016, 10:49

Why not show freeplay video ?
PaRaZoNe

12.04.2016, 11:05

SoC_Duty wrote:veegee message to the community: Please, buy stash maps if you want to get spare parts.

Spare parts are a free item that can be found after the match. Payment is not required. Please do not troll. Thank you.

PaRaZoNe wrote:Why not show freeplay video ?

Please stay on topic and do not troll this thread. Thank you.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

12.04.2016, 11:13

SoC_Duty:
How many? lmao

Which means that people who have upgraded their outfits and weapons have an advantage compared to those who haven't upgraded it, because they'll have to wait for the spare parts in order to upgrade their outfits/weapons. Very wise decision you made there, veegee...

veegee message to the community: Please, buy stash maps if you want to get spare parts.

I don't understand that change.
But, if "VG" will remove "gambling element" from the game, i agree that was a good decision.
But on the present state:
- uniqueness of spare parts + gambling after the match end with loot screen
- gambling with upgrade possibility 50/50 - in my case 1/5 tries are successful
- gambling with upgrade change( i have armor +8, i try to change that, what i get -> armour +2/protection from anomalies +2/protection from explosions +1 => means WTF !!!)
VG there is no chance to attract new people to the game with this kind of behavior + old player base with all possible stuff max out.
Owcen_no_steam

12.04.2016, 11:22

joewillburn:Spare parts are a free item that can be found after the match. Payment is not required. Please do not troll. Thank you.

Excuse me, how is that a troll comment?

The key word in your response is _can_. The point Duty was trying to make is that now if you want to _reliably_ get parts then you have to buy stash maps, otherwise you're being limited by chance.

Thank you.

Nexolate
Legend
Alpha squad

12.04.2016, 11:24

Nexolate wrote:Excuse me, how is that a troll comment?

He has been a troll for a while now. It was a pre-request.

As for spare parts being by chance, personally I get them more often than not and don't see an issue with this change. However, perhaps more time in-game could sway me on that.

Personal opinion aside, I can only provide the feedback I am given.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

12.04.2016, 11:33

joewillburn:He has been a troll for a while now. It was a pre-request.

I don't think it's really fair to label a comment as a "troll" one based on previous actions. It seemed perfectly valid, in my opinion. That's all I'll say on that subject, thank you.

Nexolate
Legend
Alpha squad

12.04.2016, 11:45

joewillburn:

As for spare parts being by chance, personally I get them more often than not and don't see an issue with this change. However, perhaps more time in-game could sway me on that.

Really, labeling a member of the community as a troll? A contributing member? A guy who was once (I belive) a moderator?

By a public relations menager????

Really, this is insulting.

Also, SoC Duty was correct in his statement: The only way to currently influence the number of spare parts you are getting is to use stash maps.
As simple as that.
SotirMilivojevic

12.04.2016, 12:25

Please don't troll this forum with false promises, locking topics if you (moderators) don't feel comfortible with.
Cause you don't wanna answer that!
Someone's could starting to feel like a controlled censorship here.
This is international forum not some kind of politicized censorship.
Not everything is cool about Survarium. And you have to admit it and deal with it. Not to denying it.
Last edited by Shadow Warrior CZ on 12.04.2016, 12:29, edited 2 times in total.
Shadow Warrior CZ

12.04.2016, 12:27

Well it has come to this that we all start "trolling" eachother and calling out due to problems in comms Joe.
Pls admit thi at least.

Also the freeplay element and the censoring of the interview with mmo is nop good and shows how things go about.
Why does this happen? Why even happen so that when some honesty is set abroad things get changed, people get banned.

I even have screen of your altered posts some time ago where you showed fairness and 20 sec later your post wast changed and degenerated. Sorry, but that is the simple truth, like it or not... Seems like you can't express or share honest things at VG....
D1s4pp01nt3dP4nth3r

12.04.2016, 12:49

joewillburn:He has been a troll for a while now. It was a pre-request.

This made me laugh a lot.

Not a word about netcode, desync, delay and hitreg ? Come on ! That's mainly why I stopped playing the game. This and because the game features Pvp only.
hedasker

12.04.2016, 13:01

Joe, what Soc_Duty said in his comment, it is absolutely true, no need to say it is a troll, say ur honest opinion. I dont even believe what you are saying. He has been one of the best people in the community so far giving his honest opinions about this game and the concept of it. I'm so done lol...
Last edited by SKYZ0R on 12.04.2016, 13:17, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: 3.2. Insult and provocation
riad55

12.04.2016, 13:03

joewillburn:

Please explain the word *troll* because i cant see anything. As for the spare parts, u can get way more using stash maps.
riad55

12.04.2016, 13:06

joewillburn:

What would be fine imo, an addition of this system and the old one, where you can use either spare part, OR the same kind of weapon to upgrade a gun. One usually loot weapons of a lower tier at the end of the match and the weapon of the tier you're in tends to be expensive. This would offer an alternative where silver is used without devaluing the spare parts.
Svælther

12.04.2016, 13:07

"With the introduction of the new renderer some players have noticed their frames per second improved, others however experience the following issues:
– The game locations are too dark. The gamma put to maximum, yet the opponent’s silhouette is still barely visible on dark locations."

Not on the new renderer, on the old renderer !

But on the old renderer it's now ok since a few days. (update?)
ike07

12.04.2016, 13:09

are any chance that the new render will support SLI
AKIRA7666

12.04.2016, 13:14

Anyone having standard equipment for whatever tier they play, concerning clothing, should have everything at 50% of what someone has upgraded to its maximum, even if everything has been nerfed by percentage wise, as is common practice by You-Know-Who. Then as each item is upgraded, the percentage grows smaller compared to the same item at its maximum, nerfed or not.

We paid dearly for upgrading our stuff, only to have it all taken away, rendering it virtually useless. Our stuff is being downgraded rather than low tier stuff being raised.

Weapons are a different kettle of fish. A weapon has its precise requirements for a standard manufactured item.
Upgrading it makes it a precision instrument, and once this precision is reached, is regarded as a critical change and should not be allowed to be changed ever again.

The manufacturer allowed for certain changes to be made to a weapon that maybe altered, changed without compromising that weapons precision attributes and can be changed more-so time after time.

If VG stuck to the scripts of its predecessor as to: This upgrade is considered a critical change to this item and cannot be altered once it has been performed. DO YOU WANT TO CONTINUE?

And why shouldn't the 'Last Man Standing' be removed? The main comments to this is: "The last 2 hackers in the match are determining whose going to make the 1st move from either side of the door to see who can get the better of the other??"

If I got it all wrong, so be it!

Typhoid Mary

12.04.2016, 13:51

To upgrade my stuff I have to buy hundreds of items to break down for parts. The 50% chance to upgrade is the actual troll in this thread.

That said though, the drops on the spare parts are a lot more common compared to how it was to begin with. However one can't help but to know that this is yet another way to funnel people into using guaranteed gold attempts at upgrading.

Jinxedster

12.04.2016, 13:53

Can i ask, is this the diary that everyone waited for? Or is this just related to 0.41 and there will be another ''diary'' related to freeplay?

Kudish_

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Developer Answers and Feedback