Read Survarium Update 0.59 Preview

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

02.05.2019, 18:10

Hi everyone! V-Day in Europe is coming, and we will have a holiday event to commemorate! Naturally, that’s not everything to come to the game soon, so read through the preview to find out what you can expect to see in Survarium Update 0.59!

V-Day Event
Gameplay wise the event will be similar to the New Year’s Faction Challenge. People supporting each of the in-game factions will receive unique rewards, including weapons and helmets with faction-specific WWII themed camouflages. The winning faction will also receive an additional reward in the next big Survarium update.

We thoroughly read your critique and suggestions regarding the New Year event and faction challenge and made corresponding changes. The fight between factions will last longer (right now we are thinking about two 10 hour-long faction battles per day) so it’s easier for you to find a time to participate in the event. Additionally, reputation requirements for the rewards will become lower – hopefully, this way more players will get the weapons they desire. However, you shouldn't assume that receiving all rewards in all four factions is going to be a walk in the park.

Finally, for the first victory in any PvP mode during the event you will receive a forage cap increasing the amount of reputation earned. One of the event rewards will be Winchester 1894 with a unique WWII camouflage. And yes, we are returning the weapon to the game!

The Return of Winchester 1894
Survarium veterans must remember a classic American XIX century rifle which was removed from the game due to technical issues. Winchester 1894, at last, makes a comeback receiving a few new unique modules in the process.

Now you can install special bullet loops (on the buttstock), silencer "Maxim" and charging handle pad. Improved version of Winchester 1894 with these modules is pictured on the screenshot below. Additionally, it's possible to install some other existing modules on the rifle.

SSR and New Weather on Vostok Radar Station
We continue to improve the new Survarium renderer and adding a new option: SSR – screen space reflections. When turned on, SSR makes all metallic and wet surfaces to reflect objects that are in camera view. This option reduced overall game performance, so it's not recommended for the low end PCs. But if you can afford to turn it on, SSR greatly increases the effect of image "depth" due to the amount of added reflections, especially on rainy versions of the locations.

In the preview Survarium Update 0.58 we introduced CNPP tower with rain, and now we want to further diversify visual part of the game by introducing a foggy/damp version of Vostok Radar Station. The changes affect only "Slaughter" modification of the map for now. We'd like to see your reaction and decide whether we should rework other locations or spend our effort elsewhere.

Survival Skill Tree
The reaction of Survarium's community to the Technical skill tree introduced in the update 0.57 has been generally positive, and we wanted to introduce the fifth skill tree for a long time, so here we go!

As with the technical skills, our aim was to design more interesting abilities than boring passive bonuses to character's stats. We didn't manage to do this with all the new abilities, but we hope the new skill tree has enough interesting mechanics allowing you make your character really unique. With five skill trees in the game you should have more than enough abilities to experiment with the builds and find the one best suited to your play style.

Please note that we plan to introduce the new skill tree in the version 0.59b which is to come after the V-Day event.

You will find a few examples of the new skills below.

Unbroken. Ability to crawl with broken legs. Speed is increased as you level up the ability (but the speed is still much lower than when walking).

Medic. Heal allies by throwing out your first aid kits and bandages. Upon picking them up an ally restores health.

Second Wind. When on low health (below 10) movement speed is increased. Leveling up the skill increases speed bonus.

Supply Pocket. You can take supplies instead of the second weapon.

Brothers in Arms. Reduced damage from allies. Leveling up the skill reduces the damage further (but does not make you immune to friendly fire).

Updated Melee Attack and Other Improvements
We continue to work on the game engine, and one of the most noticeable improvements is a new melee attack. Now you won't have to aim to kill an enemy in a melee, and when landing a blow, your character will slightly turn so the enemy is closer to the center of the screen, and the blow itself looks more natural.

These are only a part of upcoming changes and improvements. Expect to see a full list when Survarium Update 0.59 goes live. You will be able to play the new version of the game really soon, about the time for V-Day in Europe anniversary!

Survarium DevTeam
Vostok Games

02.05.2019, 19:06

5th tree seems Pretty noobish

the rest sounds really fine
OneThreeOneTwo

03.05.2019, 08:57

Return of Winchester 1894 - *internal cowboy screeching intensifies*

Bullet loops - hell yeah, always wanted to see these here. Now make it available for all pump action/no mag shotguns :>

Rainy Vostok - yes please. Though I don't understand why it's only available in slaughter version... Regarding the "We'd like to see your reaction and decide whether we should rework other locations or spend our effort elsewhere" - yes, please add rain to other maps as well. It would also be nice to finally finish transferring the remaining textures to new material lightning system, at least the armor textures (that currently look like they have been processed with sand paper).

New skills are kinda meh, not counting "medic". I hope something more interesting will emerge once we see the tree in full.

Melee rework - finalyyyyyyy. Is it a knife animation though ? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
UnknownPlayer666

03.05.2019, 12:13

Happy to know that we'll run faster with low life level, it's so logical :)

Great idea to have to possibilty to melee an ennemy without aiming him, it's so natural :)

I have an idea, make the character flying like Iron Man when a nade is launched next to him.
Last edited by ike07 on 03.05.2019, 12:26, edited 7 times in total.
ike07

03.05.2019, 17:34

Everything look really promising.

I only see one problem in it and actually is the same for each event.

Survarium DevTeam:, including weapons and helmets with faction-specific WWII themed camouflages.

The problem with hats or those new helmets it's that you can use them only for event than they have no utility at all because if you use them you loose the bonus of using full equipment of one type.
You should give to those hats and future helmets the possibility to go on any kind of equipments.
William-g

03.05.2019, 19:40

Survarium DevTeam:Survival Skill Tree
The reaction of Survarium's community to the Technical skill tree introduced in the update 0.57 has been generally positive, and we wanted to introduce the fifth skill tree for a long time, so here we go!

Geez! Another skill tree?! Give us some free training points then, because i'm at lvl 85 with only +3 points from factions, which means i'm nowhere near to unlock the cool stuff...

Survarium DevTeam:Updated Melee Attack and Other Improvements
We continue to work on the game engine, and one of the most noticeable improvements is a new melee attack. Now you won't have to aim to kill an enemy in a melee, and when landing a blow, your character will slightly turn so the enemy is closer to the center of the screen, and the blow itself looks more natural.

This! This made me laugh.
Last edited by -Smok3R- on 03.05.2019, 19:56, edited 2 times in total.
-Smok3R-

03.05.2019, 20:47

The second wind Health can be 20

braker444

03.05.2019, 21:03

-Smok3R-:

Geez! Another skill tree?! Give us some free training points then, because i'm at lvl 85 with only +3 points from factions, which means i'm nowhere near to unlock the cool stuff...

You want all for free? VG have reduce of half the points to go up in faction, it have take time to everyone to get level 100 and feel the tree.
William-g

03.05.2019, 23:00

-Smok3R- wrote:Geez! Another skill tree?! Give us some free training points then, because i'm at lvl 85 with only +3 points from factions, which means i'm nowhere near to unlock the cool stuff...

The point of having many skill trees is you'll have to sacrifice lots of stuff and focus on something. You want to be good at artifacts, at sniping, at physical, at technical and at survival? Well, then prepare to spend MANY points.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

04.05.2019, 07:52

William-g:
You want all for free? VG have reduce of half the points to go up in faction, it have take time to everyone to get level 100 and feel the tree.

I will just remind you that old players could reach 100lvl in 1/1000 of the time.
So I can very much understand when someone complains about it being slow now.

Also i'm super hyped for the event, release it as soon as you can.
time to give renesance army another gun.
Last edited by Midori Fuse on 04.05.2019, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.

Midori Fuse

04.05.2019, 10:16

Chandrian:The point of having many skill trees is you'll have to sacrifice lots of stuff and focus on something. You want to be good at artifacts, at sniping, at physical, at technical and at survival? Well, then prepare to spend MANY points.

That's not true. If one wants to stand a chance in any game modes, one has to unlock the first two skill trees almost fully which takes away a lot of points.

Devs and admins have to admit finally that the game is way too grindy, especially with the long wait times thanks to this low playerbase we have in the past few years and the same boring maps, same people, etc...

The truth is even if one plays with premium account, equip xp and rep boosters, use xp and rep gear the amount one can earn is still pretty much nothing.
Last edited by -Smok3R- on 04.05.2019, 10:18, edited 2 times in total.
-Smok3R-

04.05.2019, 11:14

-Smok3R-:

That's not true. If one wants to stand a chance in any game modes, one has to unlock the first two skill trees almost fully which takes away a lot of points.

Devs and admins have to admit finally that the game is way too grindy, especially with the long wait times thanks to this low playerbase we have in the past few years and the same boring maps, same people, etc...

The truth is even if one plays with premium account, equip xp and rep boosters, use xp and rep gear the amount one can earn is still pretty much nothing.

What is the problem is scaling not exp gain, it takes 7000exp to reach first 10 levels
and it takes 500k exp to go from 99 to 100. In other words 72 times longer.

And they did not make reputation retroactive, but they did it with levels.
I find it to be quite inconsistent.

Midori Fuse

06.05.2019, 11:00

-Smok3R- wrote:especially with the long wait times

Times are super short these days. Even last night, GMT time, I was online and didn't wait more than 30 seconds for matches.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

06.05.2019, 11:45

Yes, i never wait more than 30 seconds too.
ike07

06.05.2019, 14:41

ike07 wrote:Yes, i never wait more than 30 seconds too.

I sense sarcasm...
joewillburn
Vostok Games

06.05.2019, 16:20

It is. I think that this waiting time is really not what players are experiencing everyday.

Or maybe you select all modes, all servers, at a moment when there are enough players.
ike07

07.05.2019, 05:50

Thank you the continuous hard work, this is a big update. Winchester looks cool, it is nice to have a dev team that keeps being creative I like the bullet loops. I also really like that you're finishing the talents. Hope you all are well.
Hilmer-HUN

07.05.2019, 08:11

My game continousely check game version please wait, and dont run..
MlCKEY MOUSE

07.05.2019, 09:12

joewillburn:

Times are super short these days. Even last night, GMT time, I was online and didn't wait more than 30 seconds for matches.

Match are really coming quick now maximum 2 minutes.

Joe could you do something concerning the PVE? Honestly playing the pve now is a bit boring and reward are at 99% not interesting.
Could you put back premium T5 equipment maybe for those who do the pve alone?
William-g

07.05.2019, 11:56

William-g wrote:Could you put back premium T5 equipment maybe for those who do the pve alone?

I'll send your suggestion/request to the designers.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News