How far has this game come since Fall 2015?

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

09.04.2019, 03:33

I haven't played Survarium since around October of 2015. I liked it and thought it had good potential but after a few months I got busy with life and forgot about it. How far has it come? Specifically the pvp?
dyropino

09.04.2019, 03:34

Actually I made my forum account in March 2014 so I guess it's been over 5 years, damn
dyropino

09.04.2019, 06:51

The PvP part of the game has developed a lot. Gameplay and meta are different from what we had in 2015, there are more modes, equipment levels were unified, bots were added for when there's not enough players so it can find a match faster, game received an attachment system at some point, we sometimes have events with special modes like Gun Race or Search & Destroy (which was recently introduced into the game as a permanent mode), there are season leagues from time to time with a top100, there are 4 skilltrees for which you get up to 140 skillpoints to spend, more servers, access to 3 profiles (at first the game only had 1) and more.

You should try by yourself to see if you like the way it is now. The community is small but it's there.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

12.04.2019, 03:25

Chandrian:The PvP part of the game has developed a lot. Gameplay and meta are different from what we had in 2015, there are more modes, equipment levels were unified, bots were added for when there's not enough players so it can find a match faster, game received an attachment system at some point, we sometimes have events with special modes like Gun Race or Search & Destroy (which was recently introduced into the game as a permanent mode), there are season leagues from time to time with a top100, there are 4 skilltrees for which you get up to 140 skillpoints to spend, more servers, access to 3 profiles (at first the game only had 1) and more.

You should try by yourself to see if you like the way it is now. The community is small but it's there.

Thanks man I may give it a try sometime soon.
dyropino

14.04.2019, 08:36

I have been playing a lot of Survarium the past couple days with two other friends.

Three things that NEED work:

-SPAWNS (There's no excuse here. Spawntrapping is almost the meta it seems, adding PvE but still the same broken spawns as 2014, really?)
-Increase squad cap past 3 people (4 people including myself want to play together but one of us has to take turns due to the squad size limit of 3)
-General optimization. This game shouldn't be running choppy on a computer with a gtx970 and i7 4790k.

With all that being said I've been having fun playing Survarium with my friends. I missed the way the guns feel and the general pacing of the gameplay is good. The PvE is completely broken and pointless and just seems like resources that should have been spent improving the PvP.
dyropino

14.04.2019, 15:07

dyropino wrote:-SPAWNS (There's no excuse here. Spawntrapping is almost the meta it seems, adding PvE but still the same broken spawns as 2014, really?)

There is spawn protection in the game. It's not the most obvious thing ever, but it's there.
  • In TDM and Slaughter your spawn protection is time-based. You will get 3 seconds of protection when you respawn, but it will get disabled if you start shooting. There is no base spawn protection in this mode because that would give you an advantage during the match or when you're the last man alive, as this could be easily abused.
  • In other modes the spawn protection is area-based. This can be a small room or a small building, but always inside your base.
dyropino wrote:-Increase squad cap past 3 people (4 people including myself want to play together but one of us has to take turns due to the squad size limit of 3)

People have been asking for this feature a lot throughout the years, but when they spend more time in the game they realize it's not that good of a thing to have. Squads of 3 people can already carry the whole team to victory if they're organized with voice-chat and the squad of the other team isn't. Besides, this would mean longer matchmaking wait-times and harder to balance team, because the system would have to ensure there's also a 3 or a 4 people-squad in the other team too.
Who knows, maybe the clanwars will be brought back eventually and you'll have a place where to play with your friends. For now you can only queue up at the same time and hope to be put in the same team (choosing same modes and servers helps).
dyropino wrote:-General optimization. This game shouldn't be running choppy on a computer with a gtx970 and i7 4790k.

This is not normal. The game is pretty well optimized and this shouldn't be happening. What performance issues have you encountered? Is it suttering or maybe good FPS but they drop a lot?
Make sure you're not on an old Operating System, something like Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 are way worse for gaming than Windows 10. Make sure you have formatted your PC recently. 2 years for Windows 10 is fine if you have it on an SSD (a 240GB SSD these days is just 30€) but even 1 year on Win 7/8/8.1 and normal HDD can worsen performance in games.
Try capping your FPS to a certain value (not with vertical sync), be it 200, 144, 120, 75 or 60. Some users have reported problems with this that were fixed by limiting their FPS.
Other than that, you should contact Technical Support for these issues because they're not normal, your PC seems to be good enough judging by the GPU and the CPU.
dyropino wrote:The PvE is completely broken and pointless and just seems like resources that should have been spent improving the PvP.

It's true, PvE wasn't well received and is now basically used to farm permanent Stash maps or premium equipment, but I'd like to ask you what's so "completely broken" in it? Is it the basic AI? Is it the fact that there's no minimap?
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

15.04.2019, 12:57

The spawn system is abused right now and it does not work very well. Even with the protection, it's impossible to effectively fight off abusers if they are more than one. On the School map sometimes you spawn in the same spot repeatedly and get killed by the same guys over and over. You might argue that I'm a noob, fair enough, but I'm not the only one. The Fort map, on the other hand, does a better job protecting players. On the Fort some spawn areas are not accessible from the "outside" and at the same time those areas can't be used for sniping or camping since you don't see the rest of the map. "Spawn rooms" like those can be added on most maps, I think. The downside is the occasional player who will sit there forever, but there's a countdown timer and an inactivity penalty system in place to mitigate this problem.
piggy

15.04.2019, 13:24

The spawn system doesn't stop spawnraping, but it does interfere with battery retrieval because people spawn within 5 meters of the machine every time you try to steal a battery.
Kube

15.04.2019, 14:49

piggy:The spawn system is abused right now and it does not work very well. Even with the protection, it's impossible to effectively fight off abusers if they are more than one. On the School map sometimes you spawn in the same spot repeatedly and get killed by the same guys over and over. You might argue that I'm a noob, fair enough, but I'm not the only one. The Fort map, on the other hand, does a better job protecting players. On the Fort some spawn areas are not accessible from the "outside" and at the same time those areas can't be used for sniping or camping since you don't see the rest of the map. "Spawn rooms" like those can be added on most maps, I think. The downside is the occasional player who will sit there forever, but there's a countdown timer and an inactivity penalty system in place to mitigate this problem.

Map design and flow in general are at fault for the most part here. School slaughter, CNPP and Mamayev maps are clear indication of this.

School is a 15 min circle jerk where you run from 2nd floor to basement and repeat it until the end of the match.

CNPP has clear line of sights from one spawn to another, allowing snipers to thrive and force movement to a complete halt (little to no cover that isn't penetrable doesn't help either).

And Mamayev, where lower spawn is clearly at a disadvantage. They tried to fix it a bit at some point, but disbalance is still there.
Last edited by UnknownPlayer666 on 15.04.2019, 14:49, edited 1 time in total.
UnknownPlayer666

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion