Vostok Games this is not funny anymore...When will you stop?

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

06.01.2019, 20:33

jule:

The in-game v-sync is garbage. Try limiting fps manually through driver and see if that helps with frame stability.
UnknownPlayer666

06.01.2019, 22:25

aZERO77:
Anyway - there are some problems with the server. Just played match on US server - both teams had 3 players squads. Both there not loaded in to match.
https://survarium.pro/matches/12588709

Please check the replay yourself next time. This was not a bug, all 6 loaded, but quit.
https://streamable.com/12hk8
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

06.01.2019, 23:22

Maybe it's new style of play - game quitting. Turn the game on, quit several matches, exit game. Daily job's done.
Tanatloc

07.01.2019, 09:58

Chandrian:
Honestly, I haven't seen people complain about this issue for a long time now. When you have good fps and they drop even if you meet minimum requirements, it's usually a sign that it's time to format the hard drive and install Windows again. If you have the media creation tool, it will take you 20-30 minutes with good internet speed.

Maybe because players have enough to write over and over the same things and if you read well you will see that players still complain. I play often in squad now and when it's happen to me it happen to the other member of the squad with 2000km difference.

Chandrian:
I play at very high FPS and they're stable. I've seen SOME fps drops to maybe 60-70 (not talking about killcam), but those are not common.

In most of the game when I want shot my fps drop to 30-40.

Chandrian:
Then you need to continue pressing on, re-opening the tickets or emailing them again. If you don't, they'll think that 0.56 indeed fixed the issue. I'd like to remind you that PC requirements are higher since the renderer lighting update in 0.52.

Honestly it is enough I think that I have send enough and I see the ability of VG to resolve problems like that (example bugs). Maybe from 0.52 it is different but I really have that problem only from 0.54 on 0,53 I had only one map doing that.

Chandrian:
People will think twice before leaving the match when they see that they cannot join the next one for X minutes/hours ;)

Well they will also think to leave Survarium. Beside I'm not sure if it is legal to do it.
William-g

07.01.2019, 10:41

Chandrian:
Honestly, I haven't seen people complain about this issue for a long time now.

https://imgur.com/m7RAfJV

Just now on chat.
William-g

07.01.2019, 14:27

https://survarium.pro/matches/12592984

Matches like this are waste of our time so I don't know why you even bother starting them to begin with.

You could have easily put the top 6 elo in one match and the remaining 10 in another match and everyone would have had a good game.

Shoving mismatched ppl into 8v8 is really not working and you even admit low player count is the issue so why stick to a rigid 8v8 if you can't actually deliver it yet.
Last edited by Snake Sitting Eye on 07.01.2019, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.
Snake Sitting Eye

07.01.2019, 15:06

William-g:
https://imgur.com/m7RAfJV

Just now on chat.

The message you quote by me was refering to FPS problems, not ping problems.

Besides, you just said "350 ping" and the other guy said "400". 400 to which server and from what distance? He doesn't know your server and you don't know his.

If the game or lobby chat would be full of people saying "lag", "re-sync" or whatever, then you'd know it's a server issue and not on your side.

William-g:Beside I'm not sure if it is legal to do it.

It is legal to do this. Counter-Strike Global Offensive can ban you from 1 hour to 24 hours or 7 days for abandoning competitive matches because before you start a match there's the following warning message: https://i.imgur.com/uSQN9iP.png
Last edited by Chandrian on 07.01.2019, 17:00, edited 2 times in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

07.01.2019, 23:04

Chandrian:
The message you quote by me was refering to FPS problems, not ping problems.

Because it go together drop of fps and ping.

The match with you with drop of everything: https://survarium.pro/matches/12596304
The next match in normal condition: https://survarium.pro/matches/12596390

If it was every time what ever the hour I would believe that it is from me. But how can you explain why 1 min after our match all was perfect?
William-g

08.01.2019, 09:01

William-g:
Because it go together drop of fps and ping.

The match with you with drop of everything: https://survarium.pro/matches/12596304
The next match in normal condition: https://survarium.pro/matches/12596390

If it was every time what ever the hour I would believe that it is from me. But how can you explain why 1 min after our match all was perfect?

Don't torture yourself! Format today! You'll feel the difference!
:D
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

08.01.2019, 09:02

Scaramanga wrote:While you're at it, can you also request to remove the CNPP map?

I've requested we open the full map instead.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

08.01.2019, 09:58

Chandrian:
Don't torture yourself! Format today! You'll feel the difference!
:D

Better to buy a new one :)

Things are that when I send my journal it seam that they find something and that was suppose to resolve. but it is worst.
William-g

11.01.2019, 13:40

Chandrian:
People will think twice before leaving the match when they see that they cannot join the next one for X minutes/hours ;)

Why should I stay in a match, when I know how it ends? To be frustrated next 15 min?
I like when teams are equal, and you need to fight for every point or you lose.(I am not afraid to lose) But there are matches where you know that you will sit at your spawn and die, because enemy team is so much better than yours.
Why should I want to lose 2 or more times in a row with highly negative K/D for same team? If i leave the match i probably won't encounter same team anymore but when I lose then most of the time there will be same team against me in next match. Getting frustrated and quit the game or leave match and get banned, the outcome is same.
In my opinion banning won't fix the problem. (sorry for my bad english)
recluse

11.01.2019, 15:43

recluse:

Why should I stay in a match, when I know how it ends? To be frustrated next 15 min?
I like when teams are equal, and you need to fight for every point or you lose.(I am not afraid to lose) But there are matches where you know that you will sit at your spawn and die, because enemy team is so much better than yours.
Why should I want to lose 2 or more times in a row with highly negative K/D for same team? If i leave the match i probably won't encounter same team anymore but when I lose then most of the time there will be same team against me in next match. Getting frustrated and quit the game or leave match and get banned, the outcome is same.
In my opinion banning won't fix the problem. (sorry for my bad english)

Your English is just fine.

With no reason, we would not introduce a penalty in normal PvP. We will use this for game events.
And to leave the battle because I did not like the map or the rivals is not an argument.

Many of you write to us about the inaccuracies or shortcomings of the balance of the game. Well done. But none of you thought about this balance when you left the fight intentionally, what will it be for your former allies, whether they want to keep playing or not. The main thing is that you feel good, right? :) Think of others, and others will think about you ;)
Last edited by Chandrian on 11.01.2019, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

11.01.2019, 16:00

For the team it's better to leave that to be killed 40 times in the base.
Last edited by ike07 on 11.01.2019, 16:01, edited 2 times in total.
ike07

12.01.2019, 02:56

It is reasonable for your team, the other team and VG's game designers to expect players to honor their commitment to being in a team for 15 minutes.
It is unreasonable to expect everyone else involved to understand or sympathize with a quitter's list of "justifications".
trouble_every_day
Supermoderator

12.01.2019, 15:38

trouble_every_day:It is reasonable for your team, the other team and VG's game designers to expect players to honor their commitment to being in a team for 15 minutes.
It is unreasonable to expect everyone else involved to understand or sympathize with a quitter's list of "justifications".

I absolutely agree. But. As often, the reality is more complex. So let us also look at the other part of the truth: As a player and thus a (potentially paying) client of VG's service it is reasonable for me to expect to have a fair game and good playing experience which requires well balanced matches. But actually this is not the case. The game puts high ELO players against low ELO players on a regular basis, which means that the low ELO players are destined for beeing cannon fodder. Besides that, there seem to be big issues in the integrity of the ELO system itself, which means that for example two players that are very different in there "skill" might have a similar ELO rating.

Look at my last match: https://survarium.pro/matches/12621661
I had *zero* chance to compete against my enemies. This is happening alarmingly often. In this case, as a team player, I'd say it is actually reasonable to leave the match, so I won't keep on feeding the enemy team. And to maintain my psychological integrity. Seriously.

It is reasonable for players to try to call attention to these problems in different ways and to expect VG at least to say 'sorry' for these circumstances once a year. Posting about this in the forums has obviously NO effect. VG's leaders are sitting in their ivory tower, not paying attention to this, not wasting their time with reading feedback or - god forbids - answering. In english! Joe, sometimes turns the discussion into ridicule by trivialising reported issues. Other times, I am very confident, he is doing his very best to strengthen our feedback and gain attention to it (so this is no general attack). However, he seems to be running into a brick wall when trying to make VG hear his words.
Last edited by jule on 12.01.2019, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
jule

12.01.2019, 16:00

jule:Look at my last match: https://survarium.pro/matches/12621661
I had *zero* chance to compete against my enemies. This is happening alarmingly often. In this case, as a team player, I'd say it is actually reasonable to leave the match, so I won't keep on feeding the enemy team. And to maintain my psychological integrity. Seriously.

I don't understand, what's this an example of? Bad balance? This Slaughter match ended 0-11. Your team had 2 players with a 3,000+ ELO and, to compensate this, the other team had just 1 player like that, but more players with 2,000+ ELO. And your team lost. What's more, I think that if you tried not to die this much (by camping, or going slowly and not rushing that much, or waiting around a corner), just because of you alone with that 11-25 score, your team might have won. Killing might be important, but not losing 25 fights trying to get 11 kills is even more important in a mode like this. A 10-5 would have helped your team a lot more.

jule:VG's leaders are sitting in their ivory tower, not paying attention to this, not wasting their time with reading feedback or - god forbids - answering. In english!
Feedback is being read, but it's not gospel, they can choose not to listen to it to the letter.
Also, there's a long to-do list and VG's resources are very limited. For example, I talked to the devs about people wanting to play the game in English but with Russian voice-over and they agreed that separate options for spoken and text languages would be ideal, but also told me that they don't have the resources to do it right now.
Last edited by Chandrian on 12.01.2019, 16:04, edited 2 times in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

12.01.2019, 16:18

jule:

The truth is, no matter how VG tries to fiddle with ELO in an attempt to make matches more balanced, they will never succeed with the current playerbase they have. The skill gap is just too big between players. It has come to the point that extremely high ELO players can't even play in squads right now (starting from the latest hotfix) because the MM needs equal ELO players on the opposite side (and you can quite literally count them all on two hands). https://pp.userapi.com/c851128/v8511280 ... AF6Dy4.jpg

Regarding penalties for leaving the match: I see 2 problems right now, but they are not related to VG but rather to the players themselves.

Problem 1: people are not willing to learn the game and improve their chances against high skilled players. A player can't improve if he refuses to step out of his comfort zone from time to time. Yes, he will probably get destroyed most of the time in the beginning , but this is how you get better in a long run.

Problem 2: people tend to presume the outcome of the match far too much, simply by pressing TAB and looking at the clan tags and names of the players. I admit I have done it myself a few times, but I'm glad I never pressed "leave match" button. Many matches occurred where I said to myself: " there is no way in hell we are winning this" - and yet we won.
Last edited by UnknownPlayer666 on 12.01.2019, 16:36, edited 2 times in total.
UnknownPlayer666

12.01.2019, 16:39

@UnknownPlayer666
So true. +1
Tanatloc

12.01.2019, 16:47

UnknownPlayer666:It has come to the point that extremely high ELO players can't even play in squads right now (starting from the latest hotfix) because the MM needs equal ELO players on the opposite side (and you can quite literally count them all on two hands). https://pp.userapi.com/c851128/v8511280 ... AF6Dy4.jpg

This is a new feature introduced with 0.56b that is not displayed in the patchnotes. It's there to balance matches better. It offers the players to disband their squad to find a match faster, but only if it doesn't find opponents of equal skill after a while. I think it's only fair.

Невозможно найти матч для вашего отряда, поскольку нет равных по силе соперников. Продолжить поиск?
It is impossible to find a match for your squad because there are no opponents of equal skill. Continue search?

UnknownPlayer666:Problem 1: people are not willing to learn the game and improve their chances against high skilled players. A player can't improve if he refuses to step out of his comfort zone from time to time. Yes, he will probably get destroyed most of the time in the beginning , but this is how you get better in a long run.

I agree, but this isn't really a problem exclusive to Survarium's matchmaking algorithm.

UnknownPlayer666:Problem 2: people tend to presume the outcome of the match far too much, simply by pressing TAB and looking at the clan tags and names of the players. I admit I have done it myself a few times, but I'm glad I never pressed "leave match" button. Many matches occurred where I said to myself: " there is no way in hell we are winning this" - and yet we won.

This happens even in CS:GO, lol. People lose the first round and they give up and go AFK or start behaving incorrectly.
Last edited by Chandrian on 12.01.2019, 16:50, edited 2 times in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion