Participate in Spring Festival in Survarium!

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

20.04.2018, 17:14

Spring is at its full power, so it's time to have a special event in Survarium with a new "Search and Destroy" game mode on a unique map! The event will last till April 30 (7 AM GMT+0).

There's an abandoned base somewhere in the Forest, where a group of survivors found shelter. One day the base is assaulted by five unknown attackers. Their goal is to deliver an artifact to one of two points, and survivors have to protect their base. If attackers manage to deliver the artifact, they win a round. Otherwise the round is won by defenders. After three rounds attackers and defenders switch places. The first team to win 5 rounds wins in the match. Hopefully you will like the new game mode and the location. So don't hesitate, come and join our Spring Festival!

https://survarium.com/sites/default/files/news/p/survarium-st-patrick-event-weapon-1920x1080.jpg

Play in the game mode "Search and Destroy", receive special spring currency (mugs of ale, clover leaves, and pots of gold) and exchange it for weapons with the unique Spring camos! The higher you place after a match, the more currency you get! You can also receive the special currency in any other PvP-match, but playing "Search and Destroy" game mode will net you the biggest rewards. You will also get the Green Hat for the first PvP win during the event. Equip the hat and gain +2 to each of the even currencies after a match. Additionally, Premium account provides +25% to the amount of the event currency. Please note that bonuses of the hat and Premium account work only in the "Search and Destroy" game mode. You can also purchase the event currency in the Survarium web shop or in the game shop.

https://survarium.com/sites/default/files/news/p/survarium-st-patrick-event-1920x1080.jpg
Last edited by joewillburn on 30.04.2018, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.

Survarium DevTeam
Vostok Games

20.04.2018, 19:40

Awesome game mode, very well implemented. Great work!
apfelmu2

20.04.2018, 21:28

When will you make Eu US or SEA servers for the new mode?

Slockum

21.04.2018, 08:48

I love this new mode, i like new map but my fps are halved on it :P Anyway, great work!
Chrno

21.04.2018, 09:39

I like it too. It's quite brutal.
trouble_every_day
Supermoderator

21.04.2018, 11:06

HAHAHA!

Dude what?! OMG! XD

They were too late to bring this event to St.Patrick's Day...

Instead... they renamed it into SPRING FESTIVAL!
XD

Ahhhh, when I see the clover theme... holy moly...

And I thought, the delayed Freeplay is the only greatest joke from you, but N O P E...
Last edited by x21Blackjack21x on 21.04.2018, 11:06, edited 1 time in total.
x21Blackjack21x

21.04.2018, 11:40

x21Blackjack21x:And I thought, the delayed Freeplay is the only greatest joke from you, but N O P E...

"You're welcome, hope you enjoy the Spring Festival."
trouble_every_day
Supermoderator

21.04.2018, 13:37

x21Blackjack21x:HAHAHA!

Dude what?! OMG! XD

They were too late to bring this event to St.Patrick's Day...

Instead... they renamed it into SPRING FESTIVAL!
XD

Ahhhh, when I see the clover theme... holy moly...

I don't bother about new weapons skins or clover theme, i just play new mode cause its good :P It's better than all normal game modes.
Chrno

21.04.2018, 14:26

Yeah, s&d mode was requested from long time ago. I hope it will stay with in game after the event ends.
slear

21.04.2018, 14:52

The new mode is weird imo.

I got an "you've been inactive" message when I attempted to flank behind the base to kill the other team. The artifact was lost someplace out front because everyone rushes with it. So predictable.

But I will lose the match even if I kill opponents without the artifact in hand? So I can't stealth the match at all?
VioletRose

21.04.2018, 14:59

The new event map is really cool! :) Not the worst implementation of search and destroy I've seen. Defenders in the middle of the map who have no idea from which direction the attackers will come. And the attackers also have the chance to besiege the village from a safe hiding place with a carbine. cool cool. Actually really enrourages players to play tactically and not straight forward.

But one thing (actually many but this is the most important one) bothers me: One round takes only 2 minutes at max.? Why? I think it would be much better if one round could take up to 4 or 5 minutes, so the attacking team is not so much in hurry and can indeed play more tactical and isnt forced to rush to A or B. And of course to make a whole match not last forever, the team that is 2 round wins ahead should directly win the match.

Maybe IF this mode will be integrated into the normal PvP someday, this should be considered :) :)

Besides that... due to horrible - really HORRIBLE - balancing which leads to me beeing the worst player of the match in 80% of all matches, it often happens that I don't kill anyone. Maybe I dont even hurt a single person in a match. Well you can image how often I get this "you have been inactive for 5 minutes so *** you!" message :( that's really frustrating. Please do something about it. I am NOT inactive, I just dont manage to kill anyone.
jule

21.04.2018, 16:34

Tried the new mode now, and its super fun! I generally hate S&D in all games, but it suits survarium really good! Played a few hours and already got 1/4 of the bar to the t5 gun. Also thanks for not making this event as grindy as the new years one, that took so much grind to get the a545. Can't forget mentioning the hat, i looove it, finally not a repainted old hat, unique rewards liek this makes events more fun and worth to participate in. Future events could have maybe other armour parts, masks and cosmetic gun attachments, etc.

A few bugs, the dying doesn't update fast, when you check scoreboard it takes a few seconds for it to update who died. A North compass marker on the minimap would help to make the team orientate better on the map. Traps now have a really fun and tactical use! I feel more close combat weapons would suit this mode for the future, instead of pistols, perhaps small shotgun, throwing knife, poision, endless possibilities.

Please make more S&D maps and make it a permanent game mode!
Last edited by Shroomcar on 21.04.2018, 16:38, edited 1 time in total.
Shroomcar

21.04.2018, 18:28

The inactive penalty keeps wasting the time for this mode, if I don't get a kill or death in one round, then no rewards at all, no matter how good I do later on.
Great use of premium.
Last edited by Slockum on 21.04.2018, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.

Slockum

21.04.2018, 19:04

I think that if you kill the artifact carrier and see the artifact from your point of view, it should appear on the minimap and continue appearing on it until you stop seeing it.

Other than that and A&B points being too close, the mode is nice, although the money rewards seem to be inconsistent. Negative income for a 5-1 win + Premium + 6-2 score...
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

21.04.2018, 22:25

Lol that inactivity for the win! My favorite part of the new game mode is how there's only russian servers, that way everyone is about 2.5 seconds ahead of me, and the net code's "high ping placement prediction" has me staring at enemies for a second or two while they dump a mag in me.
[img]https://s14.postimg.cc/xymvbrs5r/screenshot_21-04-2018_14-09-07.jpg[/img]
[img]https://s14.postimg.cc/w6twgutdb/screenshot_21-04-2018_14-14-26.jpg[/img]
[img]https://s14.postimg.cc/c0qehgi4v/screenshot_21-04-2018_14-23-24.jpg[/img]

Slockum

21.04.2018, 23:29

Shroomcar:cosmetic gun attachments

Ooh! I like this idea, no need to make a whole skin for a gun - less time spent on that + we already have sooo many event weapons. And I think the module system would easily support that?

And as others have said, really nice game mode hope we get it as permanent one. And the AFK timer could be simply removed. Those who are AFK or disconnected "won't worry" about it, I mean they can't do anything about it and the rounds are rather short so no camping problems. Maybe just give no rewards for 0/0 k/d?

Anybody know how this works?
Survarium DevTeam:The higher you place after a match, the more currency you get!

So far I've been getting the same amount everytime, but I haven't been at the top of the scoreboard and only played few matches.

Chandrian:I think that if you kill the artifact carrier and see the artifact from your point of view, it should appear on the minimap and continue appearing on it until you stop seeing it.

Or maybe the same spotting mechanic as with batteries?
Last edited by Tsjuder on 21.04.2018, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.

Tsjuder

22.04.2018, 00:58

There's something wrong with the inactivity timer. Like, if you're unlucky to die in the first seconds of an S&D round, why does it count (and it does do this, I checked) the time you're dead as inactive? Imagine that I'm very unlucky to die in the first seconds of 2 rounds in row, that would be it, I'd be getting the "you've been inactive for 3 minutes" message and on the 3rd round I'd be forced to rush it and try to get a kill so the 5 minutes message doesn't appear.

Also, we need closed captions or subtitles for what the announcer says at certain points of the match, as there's an English voice-over and a Russian one too, but the localized versions of the game have their NPC voices in English and as they're muffled, instructions could be not clear.

I'm liking this mode a lot, it's slower-paced, but if it stays we'll need voice chat (I was on A building's stairs inside with another guy, he pushed up and died, and I didn't know if his killer was inside a room or down the corridor... a voice chat would easily solve such situations) or better radio commands.

Tsjuder:Ooh! I like this idea, no need to make a whole skin for a gun - less time spent on that + we already have sooo many event weapons. And I think the module system would easily support that?

I have to add that even though latest weapon skins are very nicely done (although NY versions differed between them, while Spring use the same camo), the design spirit is lost as soon as you put modules on them.
Just compare this https://i.imgur.com/9S2mNl3.png to this https://i.imgur.com/bHeT2gK.png
Last edited by Chandrian on 22.04.2018, 03:32, edited 4 times in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

22.04.2018, 02:32

Chandrian:...if you're unlucky to die in the first seconds of an S&D round, why does it count (and it does do this, I checked) the time you're dead as inactive? Imagine that I'm very unlucky to die in the first seconds of 2 rounds in row, that would be it

Stop Die!
trouble_every_day
Supermoderator

22.04.2018, 08:32

Chandrian:I have to add that even though latest weapon skins are very nicely done

They are nice done but ugly for me. Premium weapons, Zakat, steam pack weapons looks nice but halloween, winter, spring are ugly. I don't want colorful weapons with stars/pumpkins/clower/hello kitty. I want weapons with diferent imersive camo. Thats the reason why i skip so meny events.
Chrno

22.04.2018, 08:47

Sometimes i get in to game when 1st round already started and for a few seconds i have just black screen (but sound is ok). After that my fps drops to ~5 fps for a few seconds. And Boom - im dead..
aZERO77

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News