Survarium Update 0.46 Preview

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

17.02.2017, 00:43

Gidrovlicheskiy:T10 and T9 ---> new T5
T8 and T7 ---> new T4
T6 and T5 ---> new T3
T4 and T3 and T2 ---> new T2
T1 ---> new T1

Right now confirmed are that new t1 consists of old t1-t3. The good thing about fewer tiers is that current t1 weapons will be getting modules because of this and that people will be able to use the weapons they like for a longer time (and not just ditch that smexy SKS because it doesn't do enough damage after T3).
Chandrian
Survivor
Supertester

17.02.2017, 07:43

Gidrovlicheskiy, let me correct you on that.
As far as I know it is pulled together like this:
T1+T2+T3---> New T1
T4+T5---> New T2
T6+T7---> New T3
T8---> New T4
T9+T10---> New T5
I know the first three tiers will be mushed together.
And I think due to amount of weapons at the T8 that that will stay a separate tier
xXx_Didda For President_xXx

17.02.2017, 09:08

-Corvo Attano-:Gidrovlicheskiy, let me correct you on that.
As far as I know it is pulled together like this:
T1+T2+T3---> New T1
T4+T5---> New T2
T6+T7---> New T3
T8---> New T4
T9+T10---> New T5
I know the first three tiers will be mushed together.
And I think due to amount of weapons at the T8 that that will stay a separate tier

It has less to do with the amount of weapons and more with its variety.

Tier 8 has 2 lmgs, 1 smg, 2 decently versatile assault rifle, and 1 sniper rifle.

Tier 9 on the other hand has 50 shades of high-RoF automatic weapons.
colers25
Supertester

17.02.2017, 09:29

When this will go live?
Keidran

17.02.2017, 10:01

Good questions.

Only in survarium you can run faster than a rabbit, you can snipe while twerking, but you can't climb to a ladder or lay down on the floor...
Last edited by ike07 on 17.02.2017, 11:46, edited 4 times in total.
ike07

17.02.2017, 11:51

Ike07, prone isn't planned.
As far as I know, the rabbit running will be kinda solved in the next update (0.46)

17.02.2017, 11:58

I think we can now say with certainty Joe decided to take a week off at Monday after he saw this thread filled with nothing but enthusiastic positivity over the next update and concluded that he was suffering from hallucinations.

Poor Joe :(
colers25
Supertester

17.02.2017, 13:03

colers25:I think we can now say with certainty Joe decided to take a week off at Monday after he saw this thread filled with nothing but enthusiastic positivity over the next update and concluded that he was suffering from hallucinations.

Poor Joe :(

hahahah
Chandrian
Survivor
Supertester

17.02.2017, 13:15

-Corvo Attano-:Ike07, prone isn't planned.
As far as I know, the rabbit running will be kinda solved in the next update (0.46)

Actually, from what i can see it will be the contrary, light armor movement speed will actually be faster than what we have now by a noticable margin, but I am going out on a limb here and say that feedback will correct it to make what we have now the upper limit for the glass cannons.
colers25
Supertester

17.02.2017, 13:28

Shingan:Let me try to clarify the situation with Sniper Rifles one more time:

Sniper Rifles:
1) All SRs will OHK Light Armor, while they will do so with Medium Armor most of the time.
2) All SRs now have a higher chance of bleeding, which now deals more damage and treating it is much more difficult, but there's always a chance to stop it.
3) SRs will have high stopping power, which gives time for a second shot or to swap to a pistol and finish the enemy (weapon swapping time has been significantly reduced, especially for pistols).
4) As before, you'll still OHK to head.

Assault Rifles:
1) Accurate first shot, together with increased damage to head (from 250% to 300%), give a chance to kill snipers from a long range.
2) With Light Armor it's harder to get hit because of how fast you move. With Heavy Armor you'll always have a chance to, after a sniper hits you, find cover or to try to shoot back at him. With Medium Armor you have a lot of special equipment (yes, now you'll also have more slots for it), so you'll be able to cover dangerous sections of your path with smoke.

This is the balance that we have planned and will be testing on PTS.

https://forum.survarium.com/ru/viewtopi ... 0#p1186690

Shingan:Onyx effect is not being changed [in 0.46], there will be sets to counter bleeding, and bleeding protection modifiers are staying.

With Light Armor and Light weapons you will move about 20% faster than now.

(One guy asks if VG can increase bullet velocity)
We're testing this issue right now, as a lot of people complain about the slow bullet velocity.

https://forum.survarium.com/ru/viewtopi ... 1#p1186701

Shingan:(Outfit with increased anomalous protection will be included in a subclass of medium armor? Or there will also be variations?)
It depends more on factions than on the class. Renaissance Army has greater protection from the explosion, but low on the anomalies; Fringe Settlers is the other way around, while Scavengers and Black Market are balanced.

(One guy asks if they have decided anything towards giving more diversity and letting us have more sights for SMGs/AR)
We discussed it, but it is not a priority.

https://forum.survarium.com/ru/viewtopi ... 7#p1186707

Shingan:(One guy asks if we'll be able to combine equipment obtainable with silver with the one obtainable with gold and if backpacks are included in sets)
You will be able to combine them, but it's not mandatory. Backpacks are not included in the sets.

https://forum.survarium.com/ru/viewtopi ... 0#p1186710

Shingan:(Will VSS/VSK have the same recoil pattern as Assault Rifles or something entirely different?)
VSS/VSK/SOK and so on will now belong to a new class called "Carbines". In fact, the game now has 3 types of weapons with unique mechanics:
a) "Rifles" (AR, SMG, machine guns, Carbines), which have a recoil pattern
b) Shotguns (now only buckshot) with the parameters of pellet dispersion
c) Sniper rifles with "The chance of bleeding."

https://forum.survarium.com/ru/viewtopi ... 5#p1186725
Last edited by Chandrian on 17.02.2017, 14:06, edited 3 times in total.
Chandrian
Survivor
Supertester

17.02.2017, 13:38

Chandrian:*translating more information given by Shingan today, will post it as soon as I'm done*

Yes +1

17.02.2017, 14:02

-Corvo Attano-:
Yes +1

Done (: See above.
Chandrian
Survivor
Supertester

17.02.2017, 14:17

Chandrian:
Done (: See above.

Thank you very much Chandrian

17.02.2017, 17:14

colers25:

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD....

shut up.

Just.

Shut the hell up.

This post is stupid. You are stupid. You have completely lost the plot and are downright looking for reasons to be upset.

They are reworking it because its necessary.

It's necessary? Really? So the current weapon and gear system is broken? No! Was the previous system broken? No! These are changes for the sake of changes. That's it.

I hate to tell you this m7, but your mental integrity seems to have suffered from playing this game too much. I suggest you take a break. I didn't come here to take part in a flame war, which you're clearly trying to pull me into with your provocative reply, so that's all I'm going to tell you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WzB63CUOtc

trouble_every_day:
Thanks for taking the time to distill and relay that info one more time.

As we are all aware, some players past and present have a predisposition to comment negatively regardless of what VG are up to.
I've said it previously that my sense of humor failed and my approach has tended to be less diplomatic than once it was but I'm working on it.

I'm very much looking forward to .46 - I hope the reality matches the promise.

OK, look, let me break things down for you and the rest of the crowd.

Building a game is like building a house. You don't start decorating the house until you've built the whole thing from the floor to the roof.

VG essentially committed themselves and announced (basically promised us) that they are building a 3-floor house. PvP is the first floor, PvE is the second and Freeplay is the third.

However, instead of finishing the foundation of the first floor (PvP) and then moving on to the foundation of the other 2 floors, VG keeps fiddling around on the first floor just to reshuffle the furniture there every few months... Just because they don't like how it looks...

They don't seem too worried that they have 2 more floors to build and will surely have to come back to floor 1 once they've done 2 & 3 plus the roof. But, for some reason, they keep hanging out on the first floor and moving the furniture around, time after time after time.
Last edited by Shrekr on 17.02.2017, 17:25, edited 6 times in total.
Shrekr
Supertester

17.02.2017, 18:10

Chandrian:
Onyx effect is not being changed [in 0.46]

That's a bit of a bummer... well, hopefully they will unrape it in further updates.

Chandrian:
Accurate first shot, together with increased damage to head (from 250% to 300%)

HORY SHET YUSS!

Chandrian:
(One guy asks if they have decided anything towards giving more diversity and letting us have more sights for SMGs/AR)
We discussed it, but it is not a priority.

Kinda wonder, did he meant allowing already existing sights to be used by all weapons? Because I was quite curious, if that would really be hard to do. I mean, from my (laic) point of wiev, since they already have models of sights, weapons and mounting rails, making all automatic weapons use all sight attachments shouldn't be too hard.
Major Stifmeister

17.02.2017, 18:31

Shrekr:

It's necessary? Really? So the current weapon and gear system is broken? No! Was the previous system broken? No! These are changes for the sake of changes. That's it.

I hate to tell you this m7, but your mental integrity seems to have suffered from playing this game too much. I suggest you take a break. I didn't come here to take part in a flame war, which you're clearly trying to pull me into with your provocative reply, so that's all I'm going to tell you.

STOP IT

SHUT UP

No, the current system is completely broken. DPS is the sole factor to which balance is done which means overal the balance is completely stale and there is no weapon character. All assault rifles have near identical recoil (all 5.56 guns simply have identical recoil), have practically the same reload times (2.2-2.4 short, 3.2 long), so the only thing left to vary them with was rate of fire and damage, so you got these ridiculous cases that when a weapon got popular we just started to cut into its damage or AP until it stopped being popular, and did the opposite if a weapon was unused. Armor was a glorified tier gate and really didn't add any depth to the game because in all truth the difference between the heaviest armor and lightest armor in any given tier was roughly fuck all, and then you had the armor upgrade which literally allowed you to elevate your armor 2 bloody tiers for whatever backward reason, which is a bad system because this element of randomness that allows the lightest armor to be as resilient as the heaviest armor of a tier took away the entire concept of the armor adding a level of perceptive skill to the game, where quickly identifying your enemies armor would help inform your engagements. Weight was completely inaffectual, and at any given state of development it either was enormously restrictive or nothing but laughing stock.

OK, look, let me break things down for you and the rest of the crowd.

Building a game is like building a house. You don't start decorating the house until you've built the whole thing from the floor to the roof.

VG essentially committed themselves and announced (basically promised us) that they are building a 3-floor house. PvP is the first floor, PvE is the second and Freeplay is the third.

However, instead of finishing the foundation of the first floor (PvP) and then moving on to the foundation of the other 2 floors, VG keeps fiddling around on the first floor just to reshuffle the furniture there every few months... Just because they don't like how it looks...

They don't seem too worried that they have 2 more floors to build and will surely have to come back to floor 1 once they've done 2 & 3 plus the roof. But, for some reason, they keep hanging out on the first floor and moving the furniture around, time after time after time.

Well, imagine my surprise when I just found out that Shrekr has apparently sold his account to Demo Man.

A GAME IS NOT BUILD LIKE A HOUSE.

IT IS BUILD LIKE A CAR

A CAR

NOT A HOUSE

A BLOODY CAR

DO YOU KNOW HOW YOU CAN TELL?!

Because we call the operation-focused part of it the...

Drumroll please

ENGINE.

The Chassis, suspension, interior and wheels of a car can be developed in parallel with eachother, and in parallel with the engine. THey can then be assembled. When you wanna change something, you can disassemble it, and put it back in as long as you didn't alter the point of connection or any other such dependencies. Thats how it works.

And the exact same principle goes for a game. They can completely change the weapon balance and weapon behavior 4 times in a month, and do you know how much the map artists and weapon artists are hampered by it? You know how much Dima is slowed down by it? NONE. ZILCH. nothing at all. They are in front of game design in a developmental pipeline, not behind it, and stoppages in game design doesn't affect their work.

And then we have the second thing that shows you are just ignorant of... Well basically reality itself.

You see, when you build a car, every part is made by a separate machine. You cannot use the aluminium manipulator used for the chassis to make an engine. You cannot use a automised seat creation machine to build the bloody suspension. Likewise, YOU CANNOT USE THE GAME DESIGNER TO AID IN STAGE ONE THROUGH EIGHTY-NINE OF THE CREATION OF A COMPLETELY NEW GAME. Shinran can't help to make mutant models, he can't help making the map except stating the demands it should conform to, he can't create the lighting and he can't improve the engine. because he is the bloody game designer, not a map artist. not a software engineer. A game designer. Do you know how far they have to be in the development process before there would be a sincere need for the game designer to spent time on it? How far they have to be for test values not to be acceptable anymore?

Alpha. That is how far. Having a deliverable end product. Having all the assets ready, having the maps, having the engine support it all. production and devtest stages do not actually require a properly designed game, mostly because you'd end up changing it trice a day.

By their own admission, their past promises where overly optimistic, ill informed and poorly thought out. And now, from the looks of it, to honor your ridiculous metaphor, it looks like they are merely building a 2-story house along with a bungalow. But it is besides the matter, because Co-op and freeplay can both be developed nearly to the point of completion before Shingan ever has to bother about it.

So how about you shut the hell up about game development principles as if you are actually in anyway knowledgeable on the subject instead of making a fool out of yourself and picking fights with an IT student with a detailed knowledge of project management. But by all means, double down on your stupidity. I look forward to making you look like the fool you are for everyone to see.
Last edited by colers25 on 17.02.2017, 18:50, edited 3 times in total.
colers25
Supertester

17.02.2017, 18:53

Major Stifmeister:Kinda wonder, did he meant allowing already existing sights to be used by all weapons?

Yes.
Chandrian
Survivor
Supertester

18.02.2017, 08:55

What i hope is that they will separate the factions and their items, like in all war or fps games.
Mixing all is a nonsense.

And i hope a more tactical game, the end of the running rabbits, and a real efficiency of the armors.
I played some T2/T3 matches, the speed is good, so the game is more tactical, but from T7 to T10 it's just ridiculous.
Last edited by ike07 on 18.02.2017, 09:04, edited 5 times in total.
ike07

18.02.2017, 11:26

Quite amazing:
A change in personal and a proper display of information given what is planned or how (as it should be and we have been asked for this years long) and this ""toxic"" community is behaving good and very positive all in all. :))
Joe must feel weird, really.

Before i type a "colers-"long text, i just agree with most, positive comments here about this topic.
Reads very well and hopefully it turns out to become so.

-Corvo Attano-:
Thank you very much Chandrian

Yes, chandrian has done this, collecting and providing information, very often in the past; generally his posts are good and worth the read. Thanks.

And no, here is no provocation to find and ban me again for weeks; that would be mods imaginations again. And dont edit posts, thats just pure censorship!

colers25:

Well, imagine my surprise when I just found out that Shrekr has apparently sold his account to Demo Man.

Not that i wouldnt believe what you said, but you do you find out such?
SportR Ciri Julia

18.02.2017, 12:56

SportR Ciri Julia:
Not that i wouldnt believe what you said, but you do you find out such?

viewtopic.php?p=242308#p242308

The elaborate version:
viewtopic.php?p=215262#p215262
Last edited by Davik_Heragon on 18.02.2017, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.
Davik_Heragon
Supertester

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News