THIS GAME NEEDS SERIOUS CHANGES, these are genuine ideas/fix

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

13.02.2017, 01:02

if you don't do this within this year then your game will stay dead, bug fixes won't do shit for the game. and telling me to "watch my langauge" won't fix the game either

1: remove all bots from pvp
2: add rewards to practice so the game is not functionally dead when it's socially dead
3: add different levels of difficulty in practice with increasing rewards per difficulty so the game is not functionally dead when it's socially dead
4: upgrade the potato servers(your servers are clearly old and/or low quality anyone in russia should have 30ms max anyone outside of russia should be getting 100-200ms not 400-500+ms)
5: the game needs to be advertised on facebook and QQ to bring in more players those are the 2 most popular social networking this world has
6: weapon skins
7: if human population is low then increase potential rewards gained per minute we waited to make it more lucrative to keep waiting in the queue
8: make a damn post about what ports we need to forward
9: if the company is low on funds to do this stuff you need to get sponsors who can advertise in a small corner of the game and on the website
skannerz22

13.02.2017, 01:31

So many posts in so little time, all with the same aggressive and dismissive tone.

Why not take some time to browse four years of community postings to see if any of your statements or questions have been debated or answered before?
Last edited by trouble_every_day on 13.02.2017, 01:55, edited 3 times in total.
trouble_every_day
Supermoderator

13.02.2017, 01:34

And the little boy started,
Into the eyes of the night,
Button collects price of his time,
Little girl glared,
Sheets of the denial,
The bullet connects to the price of her crime.
spinach

13.02.2017, 02:27

Removed double post.
Best to continue this in the other topic that is actually an active discussion.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12972&p=279607#p279607
Thanks.
Last edited by trouble_every_day on 13.02.2017, 03:00, edited 2 times in total.
-Pinhead-

13.02.2017, 10:01

spinach:And the little boy started,
Into the eyes of the night,
Button collects price of his time,
Little girl glared,
Sheets of the denial,
The bullet connects to the price of her crime.

SOAD?
Tanatloc

13.02.2017, 10:39

godblessmeplease:if you don't do this within this year then your game will stay dead, bug fixes won't do shit for the game. and telling me to "watch my langauge" won't fix the game either

2: add rewards to practice so the game is not functionally dead when it's socially dead
3: add different levels of difficulty in practice with increasing rewards per difficulty so the game is not functionally dead when it's socially dead
4: upgrade the potato servers(your servers are clearly old and/or low quality anyone in russia should have 30ms max anyone outside of russia should be getting 100-200ms not 400-500+ms)
5: the game needs to be advertised on facebook and QQ to bring in more players those are the 2 most popular social networking this world has
7: if human population is low then increase potential rewards gained per minute we waited to make it more lucrative to keep waiting in the queue
9: if the company is low on funds to do this stuff you need to get sponsors who can advertise in a small corner of the game and on the website

And here we have some more of that distinct low-quality content, told by a simpleton with little to know knowledge. And expect armchair game designer.

And I am not going to tell you to watch your language, I am however going to ask you to cut out all-capping your thread titles, you histrionic whiner.

Anyway, lets take this point by point:

1. They will be removed. If there are enough players to make the matchmaking work without it. C'mon, try getting a EU-only ranked match AT HIGH TIDE, and tell me whether your experience was even remotely pleasant. After the impending tier compoundment bots should be a LOT more rare. The tier system unnecessarily increases the minimal threshold of player count for matchmaking by a very significant degree, and the bots act as a bandaid to this.

2. This is insane. It would allow people with hack-coding skills to formulate a simple patrol macro, hook up an aimbot, and just automatically grind bot-matches all day long. There is a reason why practically no game allows private training matches to count to progression and that is because it makes it impossible to stop farmbots.

3. Bot difficulty is based on their tier, and no, no rewards for practice matches. It is common sense.

4. You pleb, stop lecturing VG about their servers when you do not have an inkling of a clue about how a server works. PING, except if you are suffering from extreme packet loss, is limited by server distance. It is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to get 30 ping from a server more than a certain network distance away from you. To save you the trouble of finding it yourself, here is a laymans explanation: http://royal.pingdom.com/2007/06/01/the ... t-of-ping/ . Now, as it states, theoretically the max roundtrip time between any 2 points on the planet is about 80ms. Theoretically, in the case of a direct route. Realisticly, you have far from a direct route, with each point on the route adding a short process delay. This delay is even further exacerbated by the fact that you aren't the only one using a route, as result, your packets are getting queued, which is why sending packets across ocean cables adds so much ms to it (the roundtrip time to newyork, from even the best hyper-super-duper server in the europe from a direct route, won't ever be less than 110ms even though theoretically it is supposed to be 50ms max). realisticly you won't get 30ms on anything outside a 150km range on the European mainland, so why the hell are you expecting VG's servers to have a literally impossible connection quality across the entirety of Russia. And deal with it, mate, aussies either have to go through multiple ocean cables, or over wireless connection in order to send anything off the mainland. Did you even know what ping actually meant before I lectured you on it because it sure as hell doesn't look like it. Don't judge server quality when you live in Australia, unless the server is in australia. Let me check BF4 for a second.... Oh my, it looks like DICE's australia servers are 358ms in ping. Imagine my...complete lack of surprise as the page showed me what should be completely obvious.

5. VG is intentionally holding off from this untill the game is in a more "presentable" shape. Spreading a bad rep too far can bury the game too quickly.

6. We have weapon skins. We have the premium skins. We have the event skins. (as i understand it) VG just screwed up a bit, didn't think ahead and made the weapon texturing system in a way that would immediately load all the weapon textures into your graphical RAM, which means that if you have, say, 5 skins for a weapon, it quintuples the weight on the graphical RAM of any given weapon. Not that much of an issue for any decent gaming card with >1GB GRAM but a complete disaster for weaker cards. As such, a skinned weapon must be a seperate weapon of its own. Admittingly i don't get why VG also had to give them seperate progression but hey, VG works in mysterious ways. TL;DR: We want it, they want it, but they programmed in bottom level in such a way that they cannot do it. And you can't simply change low-level engine code and not expect half you game to glitch out.

7. Easily abusable, you can switch between server while waiting.

8. None, that i know off, generally if you have port issues you won't get any connection whatshowever. Once again, the reason your connection is irredeemably horrid is because you are so far away from the closest server. It isn't a matter of server quality, its a matter of distance.

9. They are self-evidently not because they are hiring. It seems the current monetization model they have is doing its job.

Lastly, the current servers VG has works decent. Not much packetloss issues. Synchronisation issues is a game-logic sided concept, for the most part, which is why the devs are capable of improving it.
Last edited by colers25 on 13.02.2017, 10:42, edited 1 time in total.
colers25
Supertester

13.02.2017, 12:57

#AlmostAsSavageAsMe
Last edited by Cooper_ on 13.02.2017, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.

Cooper_

13.02.2017, 14:24

colers25:
And here we have some more of that distinct low-quality content, told by a simpleton with little to know knowledge. And expect armchair game designer.

And I am not going to tell you to watch your language, I am however going to ask you to cut out all-capping your thread titles, you histrionic whiner.

Anyway, lets take this point by point:
1. ...
9. ...

Keep these points somewhere in the permanent clipboard and paste it every month for another whiners.

ixtern

13.02.2017, 14:33

ixtern:
Keep these points somewhere in the permanent clipboard and paste it every month for another whiners.

Or make pinned topic/post.
Tanatloc

13.02.2017, 23:01

godblessmeplease:8: make a damn post about what ports we need to forward

lol
R0M41D3N
Explorer

14.02.2017, 00:09

this game needs a better anticheat...battleye2 has failed....
Viren

14.02.2017, 00:38

Viren:this game needs a better anticheat...battleye2 has failed....

What are you on about?
I can't tell if you're serious or not, I've had a sense of humor failure.
trouble_every_day
Supermoderator

14.02.2017, 02:23

You could go back to Infinite Warfart.
Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer

14.02.2017, 10:26

Viren:this game needs a better anticheat...battleye2 has failed....

It's not nice to express an opinion without giving any substantation.
Tanatloc

14.02.2017, 10:41

Tanatloc:It's not nice to express an opinion without giving any substantation.

It's a fact.
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/1024/cpspr ... -promo.jpg
Jäeger
Veteran

14.02.2017, 16:32

all of fight Repetitious.only open world save this game.
IRAN

14.02.2017, 17:03

IRAN:all of fight Repetitious.only open world save this game.

An open game with bad gameplay isn't necessarily better than a "closed" game with bad gameplay...
Jäeger
Veteran

17.02.2017, 15:43

godblessmeplease:if you don't do this within this year then your game will stay dead, bug fixes won't do shit for the game. and telling me to "watch my langauge" won't fix the game either

1. Heeaurrgh no please
2. Why? It's called "practice" for a reason
3. Difficulty might be kind of hard to scale considering how bots are right now
4. That would be great, but there aren't enough players right now I feel to warrant a major server upgrade
5. The game is unfinished and buggy so advertising it how it is now doesn't seem like a wise idea
6. YES!
7. Naw, I hate waiting too but why increase reward for that?
8. Iunno
9. Again, the game is unfinished so I don't know if anyone would sponsor it.
Last edited by Nervous Wreck on 17.02.2017, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
Nervous Wreck
Survivor

21.02.2017, 20:32

i have an idea, delete the recoil, so everybody will play with equality.
ike07

22.02.2017, 13:58

skannerz22:if you don't do this within this year then your game will stay dead, bug fixes won't do shit for the game. and telling me to "watch my langauge" won't fix the game either

6: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!NO!NO!NO!NO! GOD NOO! NO WEAPON SKINS! IF U WANT SKINS U CAN STICK WITH CSGO...

otherwise it was a rather good comment, especially rewards in practice so you can play whenever u want and don't have to wait 18 mins for matchmaking (not that practice rewards would be the same as pvp, but still something)
Last edited by trouble_every_day on 22.02.2017, 23:28, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: 3.1 Profanities
FrankThaTank

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion