Survarium Update 0.44 Preview

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

26.08.2016, 14:28

Greetings, survivors! Survarium 0.44 is just around the corner, and we are going to test the update on the PTS soon. Read all about the main features and changes coming in Survarium update 0.44 now!

What can you expect? A new trophy search, C-4 plastic explosives with remote detonator, bots for newcomers and high-tier pistols for the in-game factions!

Bots for Newcomers
One of the most important changes of the upcoming update is introduction of characters controlled by AI. These bots will not be able to challenge the players, since initially AI’s abilities will be limited. But the bots will become ideal sparring partners for the new players, so they can learn the game mechanics in a less stressful environment.

Starting with Survarium 0.44, all newcomers will play their first matches against bots. As the player completes more matches, the bots will be replaced with other players. This way newcomers can better adapt to the game’s increasing difficulty.

Please keep in mind that this is the first iteration of computer-controlled enemies. In the future we will continue improving the AI: the bots will learn to take cover, use special items, pick up and deliver batteries, and purposefully capture and hold key points. All of the above will allow use of the bots both in PvP and other game modes.

Treasure Hunt
One of the ways to acquire new equipment will also be significantly changed. Search for trophies after battles will no longer be available, and there will be a weekly event instead called Treasure Hunt.

Treasure Hunt is a lottery with a high quality item (unique or premium) as the best possible reward and other prizes. The number and quality of the prizes depend on your character’s maximum rank in a faction. For instance, you are able to get a tier 10 item only when you have reached the highest rank in one of the factions.

The cost of each search stays the same: 100 gold (or a stash map), and you will be able to get a few stash maps each week for free! As you get items, the number of available trophies will decrease with each search, and you will get a higher chance to get the main prize. Naturally, you can get it on your first try provided you are lucky enough.

Rewards after battle will be also increased. In addition to bonus experience, silver and reputation the winners will get several spare parts and, with a small chance, a free stash map. The number of stash maps one can get per week for free is limited.

New Pistols
Survarium Update 0.44 will for sure please people who love pistols. The game never used to have them as an effective weapon type on the higher equipment tiers. So in the upcoming update we will finally increase the number of available pistols.

Beretta 93R is a new rare tier 7 pistol. You can obtain in via the Treasure Hunt or buy with gold. Despite its age, the Beretta 93R is still a formidable weapon thanks to a huge magazine with 20 cartridges and automatic fire mode with 3 bullets burst.

https://survarium.com/sites/default/files/wp/survarium-wallpaper-the-fringe-settlers-beretta-93r-pistol-en-1920x1080.jpg

CZ-75 is a semi-auto tier 7 pistol with a 16 ammo magazine; available from the Scavengers faction upon reaching Veteran rank. High muzzle energy together with a long sighting line provide both high armor penetration and accuracy. The tradeoff is big weight of the weapon.

Yarygin pistol (MP-443) is a semi-auto tier 7 pistol with 18 ammo magazine. Available from the Renaissance Army upon reaching Captain rank. A high firepower and huge magazine size make MP-443 a dangerous weapon.

Moreover, Colt Python revolver will be changed. The weapon is moved to tier 7 and its stats are adjusted accordingly.

A New Special Item: C-4 Explosive
Survarium Update 0.44 brings a new special item for Black Market fighters. C-4 explosive with a remote detonator is available on equipment tier 8 and takes the whole explosive slot. We hope you will like new tactical opportunities that present themselves with the introduction of this special item.

https://survarium.com/sites/default/files/news/p/survarium-044-c-4-concept-1920x1080.jpg

As always, expect to see other changes to the game, which we will list in the final change log for the update 0.44. Stay tuned for more news and participate in the testing on the PTS to check out the new features and changes in Survarium 0.44!

Survarium DevTeam
Vostok Games

26.08.2016, 14:40

This update is fantastically good ! And im happy that colt python is getting a rework! But, the c4 detonator make's me a bit odd, hope it gets balanced tho!
riad55

26.08.2016, 14:46

Hey ! Bots were firing in bursts while you sprayed them down, bastards. :P

Do they use 0.22 version recoil or what? :"D
Diegtiarov

26.08.2016, 14:46

A New Special Item: C-4 Explosive -> WTF ??

In 0.50 Will U introduce bazookas ?
In 0.60 maybe drones ?
Sorry, but after:
- clymores
- mines
- red dots
- radars
- totems
- ammo boxes
- significant reduce weight influence on movement speed

Another thing that is not in line with "stalker spiritual succesor"....

sad....
Owcen_no_steam

26.08.2016, 14:47

Owcen_no_steam wrote:A New Special Item: C-4 Explosive -> WTF ??

In 0.50 Will U introduce bazookas ?
In 0.60 maybe drones ?
Sorry, but after:
- clymores
- mines
- red dots
- radars
- totems
- ammo boxes
- significant reduce weight influence on movement speed

Another thing that is not in line with "stalker spiritual succesor"....

sad....

Why don't you like the addition of C4? It could add some interesting tactics.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

26.08.2016, 14:54

I have a question for treasur hunt, do we always have one free search?
Flooceman

26.08.2016, 14:57

joewillburn:

Do you plant it or throw it? That's the crucial part.
Diegtiarov

26.08.2016, 15:01

joewillburn:

Because I dislike all this stuff I listed.

You want to take over a point in research....no way when it comes about "grass points".

Mines everywhere.

You are taking the research point after destroying all mines/claymores/stationary radar, totem, ammo box etc....(a lot of stuff that dont fit this game )
After that, you hear that few "bipping" devices is around you.
Next grenades are thrown directly at you.
If u are lucky enought to survive you dont have place to hide or take cover because enemy exacly knows where U are.

I speak all of this from perspective of player that dont use any of those stuff.

99% kills on my account are from bullets. Not from use of the fancy devices and added for handicaped users lame radars/totems/red dots.

And from 0.44 after destroying all devices around research point I can still be blow up by radio operated c4....LOL

Can I have my own opinion ??
Owcen_no_steam

26.08.2016, 15:02

joewillburn:

OMG! :)))) C4 :))))
Last edited by E 5 1 5 0 on 26.08.2016, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.

E 5 1 5 0

26.08.2016, 15:07

joewillburn:

C4 should have limited distance of activation and autodestruction after one minute also rest of mines should autodestruct after one minute. This will reduce number of campers in match. Now campers will plant it and wait for someone to tresspass than detonate and kill whats left. Vg should do something about players that are not making the objectives in match. Latelly there is more and more players thats only camp not doing the match objectives.
Vimako TwitchTV

26.08.2016, 15:11

0.44 look interesting, just it is pity that there is nothing concerning the match making system.
William-g

26.08.2016, 15:13

Survarium DevTeam:
Bots for Newcomers
One of the most important changes of the upcoming update is introduction of characters controlled by AI. These bots will not be able to challenge the players, since initially AI’s abilities will be limited. But the bots will become ideal sparring partners for the new players, so they can learn the game mechanics in a less stressful environment.

It will be possible to get attachments by killing bots? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Survarium DevTeam:
Treasure Hunt is a lottery with a high quality item (unique or premium) as the best possible reward and other prizes.

Can I find in treasure hunt rare golden weapon too? Like Pancor Jackhammer or Barret?

Survarium DevTeam:
A New Special Item: C-4 Explosive

I see those people who planted C4 on points and wait until someone comes.
Last edited by Albi on 26.08.2016, 15:13, edited 1 time in total.
Albi

26.08.2016, 15:16

Wow, at least!

Bots: question, if all the veterans will test in the PTS, than how we will test bots? Bot are available if i play at lover tier or something?

Treasure hunt: another lotto, but i stay positive and see how it will work!

New pistols & python buff: +1

C4: Well, what about a new game mode with this "device"? I am sceptical, but lets see what the PTS will show us!
daniel0615

26.08.2016, 15:22

with C4 detonator and pistols on 7 tier gameplay will stay as it is now. Nothing rly changed...

Deep deeeeep in my heart i wanted to belive that static anomalies will be back.
MISTYCZNY__KARCZMARZ

26.08.2016, 15:24

BTW. C4 planted on capture point... Its gg if you dont have sensor.
Last edited by MISTYCZNY__KARCZMARZ on 26.08.2016, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.
MISTYCZNY__KARCZMARZ

26.08.2016, 15:40

joewillburn:

Because like all explosives, it can be a gamebreaking nuisance. First of all, it is basically a given that it should have quite a decent minimum timer before detonation, so you won't get these situations where people just panick throw a block of C4 and instantly wipe you out with what is essentially a super RGO.

The addition of C4 does warrant a jamming item to prevent the scenario Mistyczny describes; it would be rather infuriating to fight someone who really just hikes between his base and a cap point while constantly putting down a brick of C4 and then heading back for a refill without any way to counter him. The man would be able to detonate the brick all the way from his base and just break the flow of the game.

As for the rest; I am very, very pleased to see the return of a weekly play incentive. Its what we've asked for and i think this might even be better than its previous incarnation.

Can we start up bot matches as "practice' matches even after getting introduced to the game? It would solve the issue of a long-desired practice lobby

Pistols, well, this quote
Survarium DevTeam:

Survarium Update 0.44 will for sure please people who love pistols. The game never used to have them as an effective weapon type on the higher equipment tiers. So in the upcoming update we will finally increase the number of available pistols.

I think it can be more accurately stated that it is a good update to people who like to use them in the first place, let alone love them.

Survarium DevTeam:

CZ-75 is a semi-auto tier 7 pistol with a 16 ammo magazine; available from the Scavengers faction upon reaching Veteran rank. High muzzle energy together with a long sighting line provide both high armor penetration and accuracy. The tradeoff is big weight of the weapon.

Yarygin pistol (MP-443) is a semi-auto tier 7 pistol with 18 ammo magazine. Available from the Renaissance Army upon reaching Captain rank. A high firepower and huge magazine size make MP-443 a dangerous weapon.

Might i ask what the cardridges for these weapons are?

Is the CZ-75 .40SW or 9x19mm

Is the Yarygin the standard 9x19mm or the newer one firing 9x21mm?
Last edited by colers25 on 26.08.2016, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.
colers25

26.08.2016, 15:47

MISTYCZNY__KARCZMARZ:BTW. C4 planted on capture point... Its gg if you dont have sensor.

When you ended up with taking the point you need to plant a bomb, throw smoke grenade (last 30s, enought time for enemy to come), take cover nearby.

When indicator on the top of the screen start to blink you push the button.

KaboOom. Enemies will die.

You dont need radar.

How hard can it be ?

BTW:

When VG fix mines/claymores/totems/stationary radars/ammo boxes ??

When the grenade explode near that stuff, all of those should be destroyed.
Last edited by Owcen_no_steam on 26.08.2016, 16:12, edited 2 times in total.
Owcen_no_steam

26.08.2016, 16:06

Oh wow, another meaningless update.
C4 explosives, bots to make newbies feel good and pistols.

Nice S.T.A.L.K.E.R. hardcore, authentic and tactical shooter you got there VeeGee
Leutnant_Highway

26.08.2016, 16:13

Survarium DevTeam:Search for trophies after battles will no longer be available

lel pls how greedy can you get?

joewillburn:

Yeah interesting tactics like mass murdering the enemy team near their spawn? How about planting these in every single choke point on these small maps and on objectives?

People are going to abuse this so much that even you are going to regret it.
Last edited by Shrekr on 26.08.2016, 16:16, edited 3 times in total.
Shrekr

26.08.2016, 16:13

Leutnant_Highway:Oh wow, another meaningless update.
C4 explosives, bots to make newbies feel good and pistols.

Nice S.T.A.L.K.E.R. hardcore, authentic and tactical shooter you got there VeeGee

Boots are already in game.

Look at that match:

https://survarium.pro/matches/5568574

Last three position from the bottom of the lists of players in every team.
Last edited by Owcen_no_steam on 26.08.2016, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
Owcen_no_steam

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News