"Knowledge of the Forest" Skill-Tree Preview

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

23.07.2015, 16:22

We continue to inform you about the features of upcoming Survarium 0.30 update. Today we will provide details about the skills to be added into the game soon. In update 0.30 “Knowledge of the Forest” skill tree will be added. Unlocking these skills will allow you to get more benefit from artifacts and anomalies. Moreover, these skills will also be useful to protect against anomalies. Let’s explain the skill tree in detail.

Survarium anomalous skill tree abilities, tier one
At the first tier two skills are available: "Concentration" and "Resistance". The first one accelerates the process of anomaly destruction, so you get artifacts faster. The second skill increases protection against anomalous damage.

Survarium anomalous skill tree abilities, tier two
At the second tier three skills are available. The most important is "Using Artifacts". Passive artifact’s effects will work as before. But to activate an artifact you have to unlock this skill.

"Forest Protection" increases resistance to gunshot and shrapnel while the character is inside an anomaly. "Artifacts Power” increases passive effects of the artifacts that are in your container.

Survarium anomalous skill tree abilities, tier three
The skills at the third tier are "Knowledge of Artifacts", "Adaptation" and "Mercy of the Forest." The first one increases the duration of the active artifact’s effect, be it the protective bonus of Onyx or poisonous spores of Sponge. "Knowledge of Artifacts" becomes available only when you’ve already learned “Using Artifacts”.

"Adaptation" gradually increases your character’s resistance to anomalous damage while he’s in an anomaly, up to absolute immunity. Bonus resilience from "Adaptation" skill completely dispels in one second after exiting the anomaly. Finally, "Mercy of the Forest” will not allow your character’s health to drop below a certain threshold while inside an anomaly. Keep in mind that anomaly continues to inflict damage, so you won’t be able to restore health with a Medkit while in an anomaly.

Survarium anomalous skill tree abilities, tier four
At the fourth tier three skills are available. "Neutralization" significantly increases protection against anomalies if you have an artifact of the same type as the anomaly. "Artifact Energy" enhances the active effect of artifacts and can be unlocked only after "Using Artifacts" skill.

"Anomalous Contact" works this way: when you enter an anomaly, the character gains passive bonus of the anomaly’s artifact. Basically, you get the bonus of the artifact without having to pick it up. The bonus is applied only while the character is inside the anomaly. The strength of this skill can be increased by unlocking "Artifacts Power".

Survarium anomalous skill tree abilities, tier five
There are two skills at the fifth tier, but you can unlock only one of them. “Artifact Container” transforms a basic slot for supplies into a slot for artifacts. Thus, you can pick up artifacts even if you don’t have a slot for them. Or you just get an additional slot for artifacts.

"Forest Sense" works like radar detecting anomalies and artifacts. This skill gives you the ability to see anomalies and opponents with artifacts on the mini-map. However, "Forest Sense" only works in a certain range around the character.

Please note that these skills may still change. The mechanism of individual skills and their location on the skill tree can be altered while we test the game on the Public Test Server. After you install update 0.30 all the unlocked skills of your character will be reset for free. You will get the skill points back and can redistribute them.

You will be able to check all the changes and new features of Survarium 0.30 on the Public Test Server soon. Stay tuned!

Read Survarium Update 0.30 Preview in case you missed it.

Also read "The Last Stand" Game Mode Preview"The Last Stand" Game Mode Preview

Read the news on the site
Last edited by joewillburn on 23.07.2015, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
Андрияш Козловский

23.07.2015, 16:34

"Forest Sense" works like radar detecting anomalies and artifacts. This skill gives you the ability to see anomalies and opponents with artifacts on the mini-map. However, "Forest Sense" only works in a certain range around the character.

Was waiting for this one to add red dots to my mini map!
D1s4pp01nt3dP4nth3r

23.07.2015, 16:39

Disappointed , I thought we would have an artifact power that destroy/detect MINES in a range of 1m , but no, we have to suffer tones of mines in 0.30 too.
Raptor_i81

23.07.2015, 17:29

Raptor_i81:Disappointed , I thought we would have an artifact power that destroy/detect MINES in a range of 1m , but no, we have to suffer tones of mines in 0.30 too.

That's supposedly going to be a tech skill.

Raider65
Survivor

23.07.2015, 18:40

Artifact Container - we get an additional slot for artifacts OR it replaces an item slot by an artifact container?
Last edited by Blankname on 23.07.2015, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.

Blankname

23.07.2015, 18:59

Blankname:it replaces an item slot by an artifact container?

That is how I understand it.
SotirMilivojevic

23.07.2015, 20:16

Blankname:Artifact Container - we get an additional slot for artifacts OR it replaces an item slot by an artifact container?

After reading through RU article, I'm fairly certain it means it simply transforms basic equipment slot into an artifact slot and that's it.

At any rate, while I'm eager to experiment with the new skill tree, I can already see from the get go that the majority of the skills are rather redundant.

On top of that, "Forest Sense" is a big "NO" in my book, since there is no countermeasure introduced and no-NOT picking up the artifacts in NOT a countermeasure.

deusex2

23.07.2015, 20:39

On first read it seems pretty balanced, except forest sense; this is good :)

While standing in an onyx might be pretty protective but you wont be able to heal and 1 grenade is easy.
Seems like only larkspur might be "exploitable" too.

Extended and enhanced onyx, i bet this will be the first nerf :P
SportR Ciri Julia

24.07.2015, 01:48

yeah i can just see it, players spec'ed to be totally invincible while stood inside an anomaly while just outside enemy base spawn raping them ;)

Leki
Supertester

24.07.2015, 13:27

The first impact of this skill tree will be that higher level player will gain a significant advantage over newcomers. It's easy to overlook that. I think it can be very harmful.

The skilltree in itself is interesting although last skills look a bit "meh". I think we may have quite a few snipers hidden in anomalies. I was expecting talents to be able to use artifact twice or to triple the passive of an artifact if there are two or more of it. VG doesn't seem to acknowledge here how marginal is the use of artifact. One item slot is always so much better than an artefact slot. They have to change this. Artefact build up should be a bit more of a payoff.

Leki:yeah i can just see it, players spec'ed to be totally invincible while stood inside an anomaly while just outside enemy base spawn raping them ;)

With the current effect of artifact it's not likely to happen. 3 Onyx is +6% armor. In most case it will probably not change the amount of bullet needed to put you down. It should be +20% or more to have that kind of - relatively marginal - effect.
Last edited by Redford on 24.07.2015, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.
Redford

24.07.2015, 15:12

Now all we need is a forest and some anomalies that look more like nature and less like Las Vegas

http://www.mixxedfit.com/wp-content/upl ... paper3.jpg

The amount of gimmicks and perks, traps, grenades and such is getting to be ridiculous on these small maps. Its turning this game into a joke IMO.
Last edited by Angry Lil Elf Too on 24.07.2015, 15:34, edited 3 times in total.
Angry Lil Elf Too

24.07.2015, 23:02

Redford:
With the current effect of artifact it's not likely to happen. 3 Onyx is +6% armor. In most case it will probably not change the amount of bullet needed to put you down. It should be +20% or more to have that kind of - relatively marginal - effect.

I'm not on about just the onyx, the "Forest Protection increases resistance to gunshot and shrapnel while the character is inside an anomaly" combined with all the others could have some balance issues

"Mercy of the Forest” will not allow your character’s health to drop below a certain threshold while inside an anomaly <-- so you cant die?

"Anomalous Contact" works this way: when you enter an anomaly, the character gains passive bonus of the anomaly’s artifact. Basically, you get the bonus of the artifact without having to pick it up.

Leki
Supertester

25.07.2015, 00:29

Андрияш Козловский:"Adaptation" gradually increases your character’s resistance to anomalous damage while he’s in an anomaly, up to absolute immunity. Bonus resilience from "Adaptation" skill completely dispels in one second after exiting the anomaly.

This sounds like high isolation gear is pretty much useless after the next update. This will render isolation upgrades also useless. Thank you very much :(

Furthermore, I'm of the opinion that we need more information about Free-Play mode.
Jade Hamster

25.07.2015, 07:40

Leki:
"Mercy of the Forest” will not allow your character’s health to drop below a certain threshold while inside an anomaly <-- so you cant die?

I think you just can't die from anomaly damage, other things can still kill you.
Miumin07

25.07.2015, 07:51

Jade Hamster:This sounds like high isolation gear is pretty much useless after the next update. This will render isolation upgrades also useless. Thank you very much :(

Perhaps the "gradually" means it takes a while to build up to full immunity, so you'll still be losing health while that happens.

Just speculation on my part, no idea if that's what they meant.

Nexolate
Legend
Alpha squad

26.07.2015, 23:06

Speculation on my part, too. But this reads so much like use high armor gear and compensate the lack of isolation with the spare points you have from level 70+. I see Zubrs running through anomalies like they didn't exsist. I'm just glad armor values aren't what they used to be. But then again, we're always just one update from a rebalancing away (which I consider normal in a test/beta version - where every major patch some new stuff gets included).
I read the "gradually" as in put one point on that skill and you receive 20% of immunity. Add five and... well, you can figure the rest...
I'll wait for a final assessment until the new tree hits public servers. But until then I decide that so far it stinks.

Furthermore, I'm of the opinion that we need more information about Free-Play mode.
Jade Hamster

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News