New Year Survarium Diary

Discussion of the latest news and events related to Survarium.

04.01.2018, 20:57

Ventori:
Planning is one thing, but the more important is to implementing these plans into real life. You can not tell people all the time something which is not proven in any way. Saying proof i mean even a simple screenshot/video that shows your work in-progress.
When we had the last update about freeplay? If i remember, the last official words about it was posted almost 3 years ago on Friday, 6.02.2015 where you published Dev Diary Part 4: Freeplay (https://survarium.com/en/news/dev-diary-part-4-freeplay)
And since that time it was completely silence.

See how many old faces are in that thread that left the game :(
chicken_feet

07.01.2018, 21:42

joewillburn:

We plan to develop this. It has always been the plan.

You dont have people to manage balance. You dont have content. You dont have renderer. You dont have engine capable of freeplay. You can publish one map in a year tops. Right now you would have to rework everything you did in all these last years to even start working on freeplay. OMG you cannot even fix bugs that are years in the game. No deceive ;)
Sandsleeper_CZ

08.01.2018, 09:16

Thank you Vostok Games for the wallpaper:

https://survarium.com/en/wallpaper/guard-0
Shadow Warrior CZ

09.01.2018, 14:29

chicken_feet:
See how many old faces are in that thread that left the game :(

That was almost 2 years ago :"D

Sandsleeper_CZ:
You dont have people to manage balance. You dont have content. You dont have renderer. You dont have engine capable of freeplay. You can publish one map in a year tops. Right now you would have to rework everything you did in all these last years to even start working on freeplay. OMG you cannot even fix bugs that are years in the game. No deceive ;)

wow SHREKTM8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMdmPZ4Xk1w
Last edited by Shrekr on 09.01.2018, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.
Shrekr

11.01.2018, 18:07

@joewillburn So from the other thread, I actually didn't read this yet. :)

Okay. So I think vostok and me have different ideas about roadmap. There is one paragraph about 2018-2019:
"There is a lot of work ahead, and we have even more things planned for the future. We’d like to finish the long ongoing work on the new graphics renderer, add more PvE content into the game, surprise you with new themed events in the game more often, continue developing the character skill system. Finally, there’s a long list of other elements which we wanted to change and improve for a very long time, but there’s never been enough time or resources to accomplish it thus far."

So, questions:

1. Graphics Renderer;
What are the projected changes to the renderer, or, the overall goals for the changes. For example, vostok expects players to see a percentage improvement in FPS once improved? What new graphics features are the devs projecting improving or adding? Like better/higher resolution textures? Better grass physics? Better particle physics? And so on. (You get the idea, no?)

2. PvE/Co-Op/Story. So me, along with like everyone else, is curious about the next mission. I am not asking about the spoilers for it. Just the overall idea that in the next 12 months, vostok hopes to have 1 or more new story missions?

3. Can you give us a teaser on new special events?

4. Skill tree.
4a. So does vostok anticipate being able to add the remaining skill tress? The technical and, I think it's, health? Are you considering changing the firearms, anomaly and physical fitness trees? And this addition is expected to take place in increments over the next 12 months?
4b. Will the technical tree be like it sort-of was before, with improved trap damage/mechanics, better use of special items? Being able to invest skill points in adding additional slots for advanced gear? So on and so forth? What is vostok envisioning the technical tree to look like once it's back in the game? The same for the last skill tree.

5. Can you elaborate in this long list just a little bit? What sorts of further enhancements do the devs anticipate getting to this year? Even if it's one or two things out of a dozen, that would be a reasonable and respectable goal. But without the specificity, there will be no fan fair. :)
VioletRose

11.01.2018, 18:26

VioletRose:4. Skill tree.

from: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15055&p=294044&hilit=skill+tree#p294044

Андрияш Козловский:When are you planning to add the last two branches of skills development?

Note that we are not satisfied with the current skills system, so in one of the next big updates we plan to completely rework them. In the new system, skills will be more like perks / talents. As, for example, the current perk "Terminator". Each skill will give the player a new opportunity in the game, and not just slightly change the performance.

I guess this is the most recent news about the skill tree planings we have. Sounds good already. And probably this means they will also add technical and survival skills (?) it's kinda about time :)
jule

11.01.2018, 19:12

VioletRose:

Survarium DevTeam:Another bunch of features have been completed, but are yet to be released: fully-functional shadows, translucency support, all the lighting unified (sun, skydome, light sources), diffuse probes, modern BRDF (thanks to which metals got colored glare).

And in case you've missed all the previous news or posts about renderers, they plan to make the "new renderer" not only for toasters, but for gaming pcs as well, having similar quality as the old one has, but with better performance.
PvE is actually the part they mostly have some plans that are definitely going to happen, but don't want to spoil it. At least if you look what they did with .50 they were very secretive right until it was released.
How about the 2018 NY event with Gun race on a new map? It just means, no more the "do missions to earn event symbols which you can trade for event weapons, also a hat" events.
See jule's post above.
Well there's the anomaly and artifact update, hopefully, it's been quiet on that front for a while. I think some of Dima's recent posts (I used google translate on those so not sure) were about improving and adding more animations. And well, it mostly means balance changes, bug fixes, bot improvements etc.

Also you should see previous plans/diaries to not get too excited and to understand why they list the plans so vaguely
https://survarium.com/en/news/survarium-new-year-diary
https://survarium.com/en/news/survarium ... ment-plans
So at least before these have been like "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars."

Tsjuder

11.01.2018, 19:21

So for pve, I am not asking for spoilers, but I would like to know if they plan to do 1 new story mission this year, 2? 3?!
VioletRose

11.01.2018, 19:30

VioletRose:So for pve, I am not asking for spoilers, but I would like to know if they plan to do 1 new story mission this year, 2? 3?!

No idea :P

If I had to bet, I would go with 1, quality over quantity is what I prefer. But who knows, they've said multiple times that they now have the tools needed to do those missions and the lack of tools was the reason it took so long to make the first mission.

Tsjuder

11.01.2018, 20:17

VioletRose:So for pve, I am not asking for spoilers, but I would like to know if they plan to do 1 new story mission this year, 2? 3?!

I'd bet something between 2 and 4 story missions.
spinach

11.01.2018, 20:18

Tsjuder:
No idea :P

If I had to bet, I would go with 1, quality over quantity is what I prefer. But who knows, they've said multiple times that they now have the tools needed to do those missions and the lack of tools was the reason it took so long to make the first mission.

Right... so doesn't it make sense that now that they have the tools, they are able to do them more quickly and effenciantly. I agree quality.
VioletRose

12.01.2018, 10:05

5-6 missions per year to keep players interested.
Chrno

05.02.2018, 17:48

Way to go guys, you got a lot accomplished late last year! Keep it up, I wanna be able to brag about being here since the beginning :)
Nervous Wreck
Survivor

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to News