Performance Guide

This section is for discussing technical questions relating to the Beta version of Survarium, including game-bugs.

21.01.2016, 13:47

SoC_Duty:
Nope. This forum dates back to the stone age.

Dang!
TangoMike

02.02.2016, 04:44

SoC_Duty:
Nope. This forum dates back to the stone age.

Doodi pls

There is an easy way to find out if there was/is activity in a thread you have created/posted in. Click on your name in the upper end, then click "Manage bookmarks" and then "Topics with your posts" - All the threads that are yellow have new posts in them. :)
-Sikzo-

02.02.2016, 21:18

-Sikzo-:

Doodi pls

There is an easy way to find out if there was/is activity in a thread you have created/posted in. Click on your name in the upper end, then click "Manage bookmarks" and then "Topics with your posts" - All the threads that are yellow have new posts in them. :)

shorthand address for any member

search.php?search_id=egosearch
chicken_feet

19.02.2016, 22:43

i just wanted to ask, is there anything we can do to reduce ping? I'm living in Europe, and playing on EU servers and yet the ping is jumping from 70 to 380 in the game, which basically kills the mood for playing. My internet is not that bad, it's around 9 Mbps currently so i don't know what can i do about it?
wllayco

20.02.2016, 01:53

If you are playing wirelessly, consider getting a direct connection to your internet source. There is a light launcher you can use which some find helps connectivity issues and performance issues.

http://surv.knyazev-tools.ru/en/light-launcher/

I'm in California, US and my ping to the EU server is around 180 reliably.
chicken_feet

20.02.2016, 15:43

mr skeltal:If you are playing wirelessly, consider getting a direct connection to your internet source. There is a light launcher you can use which some find helps connectivity issues and performance issues.

http://surv.knyazev-tools.ru/en/light-launcher/

I'm in California, US and my ping to the EU server is around 180 reliably.

No i'm not using wireless i'm playing on my desktop PC. I've also noticed that it gets extremely laggy when an anomally flashes, my ping goes wild.
wllayco

20.02.2016, 17:42

wllayco:

No i'm not using wireless i'm playing on my desktop PC. I've also noticed that it gets extremely laggy when an anomally flashes, my ping goes wild.

The anomaly ''disco'' flashes are caused, according to VG, by resyncs.

Davik_Heragon

20.02.2016, 18:58

Davik_Heragon:
The anomaly ''disco'' flashes are caused, according to VG, by resyncs.

I see. What can i do about it? My PC is like 3 years old, i have 8GB of RAM, processor is AMD FX(tm) 6100 six core at 3.30ghz, and graphics AMD r7 360 2GB, win 7, which is not too bad i guess? I usually have around 60 fps, but when this ping thingy occures, it drops significantly,and after few secs returns to 50/60fps. (which is usually way too late cuz i get killed lol). So u get my frustration. I'd just like to know is there anything i can do something about it? Any help would be much appreciated. :)
wllayco

20.02.2016, 19:29

wllayco:

I see. What can i do about it? My PC is like 3 years old, i have 8GB of RAM, processor is AMD FX(tm) 6100 six core at 3.30ghz, and graphics AMD r7 360 2GB, win 7, which is not too bad i guess? I usually have around 60 fps, but when this ping thingy occures, it drops significantly,and after few secs returns to 50/60fps. (which is usually way too late cuz i get killed lol). So u get my frustration. I'd just like to know is there anything i can do something about it? Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Currently not much as far as I know. It is up to the developers to resolve this issue.

Davik_Heragon

21.02.2016, 18:09

Alright, i thought it could be something wrong with my PC configuration. Davik do you know are they working on resolving that issue in the upcoming 0.40 patch?
wllayco

21.03.2016, 04:30

Can anyone help me? My game dosen't open is just kepping "updating" heres a screnshot: https://gyazo.com/48f72978d94f1ade1edec4585f2a7854

Is just keep's like that for HOURS is the steam version.

Oh and, i post this here because i don't see nothing to create a post orrr... Just help for the developers.
Last edited by Supernachero on 21.03.2016, 04:32, edited 1 time in total.
Supernachero

21.03.2016, 04:47

Supernachero:Can anyone help me? My game dosen't open is just kepping "updating" heres a screnshot: https://gyazo.com/48f72978d94f1ade1edec4585f2a7854

Oh and, i post this here because i don't see nothing to create a post orrr... Just help for the developers.

You are not allowed to make new threads until you've made a few posts, for some reason :(

If it still doesn't work, consider uninstalling or reinstalling, or even consider using the non-steam launcher. Hopefully better support comes for you!
chicken_feet

21.03.2016, 06:47

Supernachero:Oh and, i post this here because i don't see nothing to create a post orrr... Just help for the developers

1.6. Topics' creation
A newly registered users can create new topics on the forum 3 days later after the registration.
str0lek

21.03.2016, 10:12

Supernachero:Can anyone help me? My game dosen't open is just kepping "updating" heres a screnshot: https://gyazo.com/48f72978d94f1ade1edec4585f2a7854

The standard procedure is to check the firewall and/or AV to see if they are blocking the game or not.

Davik_Heragon

27.03.2016, 08:17

wllayco:

AMD:s FXx100 (FX3100 FX4100 FX6100) are not really good for gaming, I would check from motherboard manufacturer what cpus your mb supports and upgrade it to FXx300 series and if you want to use a bit more money to FX83xx.

6100->6300 upgrade should be 15-20% overall upgrade because of architectural differences.
Daernan

27.03.2016, 23:13

HELP can someone help me!
I CANT start the launcher! It says: INVALID ARGUMENT.
I dont know what to do..
Last edited by Mister J on 27.03.2016, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.

Mister J

28.03.2016, 00:15

Mister J:HELP can someone help me!
I CANT start the launcher! It says: INVALID ARGUMENT.
I dont know what to do..

find better argumets or try to contact support https://support.survarium.com/index.php?/ru/en
Bullseye2

06.05.2016, 20:08

user-14115968576340776940:My launcher keeps on having errors trying to update itself and i left it sit for 4 hours and it did nothing it just says,"an error has occurred during checking current version,retrying." idk how to make a complaint so please help.
Gamertech:--Basic--

-Disable Windows User Account Control
While it won't directly boost performance, it will stop those popups from appearing when performing some of the below modifications. Go to your control panel, click User Accounts, Change User Account Control settings and drag the bar down to the bottom and accept.

-Download Ccleaner
Download the free version of Ccleaner from Piriform (you don't need the paid version) and run the default cleaner as well as the registry cleaner. Won't do a lot, but will help a bit.
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

-Defrag your hard drive (HDD users only)
Don't do this if you are using an SSD. Download Defraggler free from Piriform, point it to your hard drive, click defrag then go get your favourite beverage of choice, as with large, full drives, this is going to take a while.
https://www.piriform.com/defraggler/download

-Update graphics drivers
Go to the AMD or Nvidia website and make sure your graphics drivers are the latest release. If they aren't download the latest, run it and select to uninstall the existing drivers. Then restart the PC, run Ccleaner normal and registry to remove leftovers then run the drivers again to clean install them.

-Disable unneeded graphics options
Disable vsync, motion blur and Ambient Occlusion in the game options. Also, drop shadows down if you need more fps.

-Disable Windows Aero while game is running
Go to your "Survarium/game/binaries/x86" folder and right click "survarium.exe" and click "Properties". Go to the compatibility tab and tick "Disable desktop composition" and hit ok. Now every time the game is launched, the desktop will switch to classic view without the fluff, and change back when the game is closed. Freeing up a small amount of resources for the game.

-Disable extra graphics on your GPU's control panel
For Nvidia users, go to the profiles tab, find the one for survarium.exe and turn off triple-buffering and vsync. Set others to off or let the application decide.
For AMD users, create a profile pointing to survarium.exe and adjust the settings the same way.

-Set Windows power options to high performance
Open your control panel and then the power options. Under preferred plans mark "High Performance", you may have to click the drop down bar underneath to show it. This will use more power on a laptop, but has no real effect on desktops other than increased performance.

--Moderate-- [url=https://www.viabox.com/]borderlinx[/url]

-Run the game as high priority
Download this tool, run it and set the affinity to high. I'd advise you to leave it on high as setting it to realtime can cause processes needed by Windows to stall, causing a crash.

-Disable unneeded startup programs
Open the Windows start menu and type "msconfig" and hit enter. Click on the startup tab, then untick programs that aren't needed such as Adobe updater, java and others. Don't untick things you need like antivirus programs as they won't run when Windows is launched. Once done, restart the PC.

-Disable Windows Superfetch service
Superfetch is a process that is meant to learn how you use your PC and optimises resource allocation, in reality it is completely broken and will slow down processes quite a lot. Open the start menu, type in "services.msc" and scroll down to Superfetch. Right click it and click "Properties". In the "General" tab, click the "Startup type" dropdown box and choose "Disabled". Restart your PC. Don't touch anything else as most of them are critical to Windows.

-Disable drive indexing
Open the start menu and type in "services.msc". Scroll down to "Windows Search" right click it, properties, then click the "Startup type" dropdown box and click disable, then restart your PC. Note, this will reduce storage drive use allowing faster access for other programs, but it will also cause the Windows search feature to be much slower in return. Most people will never use the built-in search service, but if you do keep this in mind.

--High--

-Overclock CPU and GPU (Desktops only)
There are a ton of CPU/motherboard combinations out there and most of them have different ways of overclocking, so for that it is best to look up a guide online.
For GPU's, MSI Afterburner is free and works for both AMD and Nvidia. After installing, you can use it to increase your GPU's settings a tiny amount each step. Only make 1 change at a time and test it each time. Preferably using a benchmark program such as Unigene Valley. When you start to get artifacting or broken textures, back off the overclock to the previous settings and test again. Keep an eye on your GPU's temperature to make sure it's safe.

-SSD drives
Buy and install an SSD drive into your PC and install Survarium on that for a huge performance boost if you are currently running on a HDD drive.

-RAMdisk
If you have a large amount of RAM (16GB+) you can download a RAMdisk program which you can use to copy Survarium onto your RAM at each boot. RAMdisks are several times faster than an SSD and will make a large difference. Note, the game installs to about 8GB currently, and any RAM you assign to the disk will be inaccessible to Windows for normal use. So make sure you have enough to spare.
Last edited by ArtuengeEvalene on 06.05.2016, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
ArtuengeEvalene

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Technical