Help for a Damage Calculator

This section is for discussing technical questions relating to the Beta version of Survarium, including game-bugs.

22.02.2020, 11:18

Hey guys !

I recently thought it would be nice to have a damage calculator, especially what interests me is to calculate the time to kill, aka ttk. The other goal is to display stats that aren't show in game.
I have got my first raspberry Pi that week and I thought it would be a good server for that project.

Quick summary : Using tools developed by others (thanks ! ), so far i'm able to extract weapons stats from game folder to a database, ready to be use.
I should be able to extract data from armors and attachments too.
That extract can be done in command line in an ARM platform without any action, so that's perfect for my project.

I actually need three things to achieve the damage calculator :

- The Game Folder ! I would like to avoid relying on my main computer for that. My problem is that the usual way to keep an up-to-date version of a game on a server is using a steam tool, steamcmd. Steamcmd can't be use on ARM, I tried to emulate x86 with qemu but so far with no result for steamcmd. The offline installer isn't an option : it's a windows x64 GUI installer, and what I need is a linux ARM CLI installer. Right now I don't have a x86 server available for doing that part.

Does anyone have an idea to get the game folder without relying on steamcmd ? If there is no other option I will use my main PC game folder, but that's not a clean solution I'm happy with. Any other option than standard installer and offlline installer ? The offline installer use a big .sup file, maybe it can be use to extract .db files ? Or maybe the .db files can be download from somewhere directly ?

- Armor penetration : I don't know what's the ingame stat for that, there is no "armor_penetration". For now my best guess is "player_pierce", anyone can confirm that ?

- Distance : there is two stats about that for each weapon : effective_distance and ineffective_distance. Does anyone have a clue of how to use them ? Also it could be related to ammo used by weapons, I have no idea.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=339
Full game.options converted on json (22mo) for current version here : https://dropfiles.org/sYhVH1o5 I sugget notepad++ for open it.

Thanks, any help or suggestion will be highly appreciated!

Regards, t0FF
Last edited by t0FF on 22.02.2020, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.

t0FF

22.02.2020, 17:11

The offline installer use a big .sup file, maybe it can be use to extract .db files ?

Theoretically - yes. Practically - don't know.
In the end, .sup file is just an lzma-compressed archive with game data + install script. But it uses custom format so you'll need to either use survarium updater (x64 Windows executable) or try to write custom unpacker (unless somebody already made one).
Or maybe the .db files can be download from somewhere directly ?

No.
- Armor penetration

Yes. player_piercing is "Armor penetration" stat that you can see in game
- Distance : there is two stats about that for each weapon : effective_distance and ineffective_distance

"Effective distance" - distance at which weapon deals maximum (nominal) damage.
"Ineffective distance" - distance at which weapon deals minimal damage.
Between these two points dealt damage linearly decreases and at ineffective distance dealt damage is
(bullet_damage * ineffective_distance_damage_factor)

ivan_vg
Vostok Games

22.02.2020, 18:52

Thank you ivan, that's all I need !
I guess I better use a shared folder on my main pc until I have a server who can use steamcmd for the download part, it will probably happen at some point.
Last edited by t0FF on 22.02.2020, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.

t0FF

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Technical