Crash after crash!

This section is for discussing technical questions relating to the Beta version of Survarium, including game-bugs.

13.03.2016, 22:15

Hello guys...as the title says,i have some serious problems with the game :(....it always crashes seconds after loading the map and entering into game....sometimes i can play a full match but that would be a very happy scenario...usually it crashes seconds after or in max 1-2 minutes of gameplay.Now i have to ask you please if you can give me some solutions.
My specs are: Amd athlon II x4 635,Amd r9 380 4gb and 12 gb ddr3 ram....i`m playing on 1024X768,everything maxed out(dont freak out seeing that res...i play on an old 17 inch crt cause i like its color fidelity and teoreticaly infinite response time...oh..and also cause i`m almost blind on the left eye...and i cant really concentrate well on a larger monitor:D).Windows is a fresh install of windows 7 and all drivers ar up to date.I tried all tricks posible(max allowed video memory 1024,2048,3072....running with antivirus turned of...running as administrator and all of those combined)...but still no effect for me.I dont really want to wait until an update finally fix those issues...Please help me guys...and thanks in advance >:D< :))

BUJIE

14.03.2016, 13:25

I instal it and when I wanna click to play it say updating and nothing I cant run it at all and dont know why...Downloaded all files even version 0,40C or something like that Any help ?
MarshalONE

14.03.2016, 13:36

BUJIE:Hello guys...as the title says,i have some serious problems with the game :(....it always crashes seconds after loading the map and entering into game....sometimes i can play a full match but that would be a very happy scenario...usually it crashes seconds after or in max 1-2 minutes of gameplay.Now i have to ask you please if you can give me some solutions.
My specs are: Amd athlon II x4 635,Amd r9 380 4gb and 12 gb ddr3 ram....i`m playing on 1024X768,everything maxed out(dont freak out seeing that res...i play on an old 17 inch crt cause i like its color fidelity and teoreticaly infinite response time...oh..and also cause i`m almost blind on the left eye...and i cant really concentrate well on a larger monitor:D).Windows is a fresh install of windows 7 and all drivers ar up to date.I tried all tricks posible(max allowed video memory 1024,2048,3072....running with antivirus turned of...running as administrator and all of those combined)...but still no effect for me.I dont really want to wait until an update finally fix those issues...Please help me guys...and thanks in advance >:D< :))

CRT FTW :)

I would leave the max allowed video memory to default, putting it higher than 2GB makes the game unstable.

have you tried playing the game on the lowest/minimal settings too see if it is more stable, have you done any over clocks on your system?

MarshalONE:I instal it and when I wanna click to play it say updating and nothing I cant run it at all and dont know why...Downloaded all files even version 0,40C or something like that Any help ?

its an old bug, if you keep closing and running the lancher you should eventually get the play button, if not you can try http://surv.knyazev-tools.ru/en/light-launcher/ to bypass it or use shortcut to game directly.

Leki
Supertester

14.03.2016, 23:38

Leki:
BUJIE:Hello guys...as the title says,i have some serious problems with the game :(....it always crashes seconds after loading the map and entering into game....sometimes i can play a full match but that would be a very happy scenario...usually it crashes seconds after or in max 1-2 minutes of gameplay.Now i have to ask you please if you can give me some solutions.

I would leave the max allowed video memory to default, putting it higher than 2GB makes the game unstable.

have you tried playing the game on the lowest/minimal settings too see if it is more stable, have you done any over clocks on your system?

MarshalONE:I instal it and when I wanna click to play it say updating and nothing I cant run it at all and dont know why...Downloaded all files even version 0,40C or something like that Any help ?

its an old bug, if you keep closing and running the lancher you should eventually get the play button, if not you can try http://surv.knyazev-tools.ru/en/light-launcher/ to bypass it or use shortcut to game directly.

Yes actually i did overclock my cpu/nb/ram from 2900/2000/1600 to 3400/2500/1666 mHZ....but its not a massive or risky overclock...its a mild one for 24/7 use...and its 100% prime stable no errors 24+ hours(it actually ran stable for about 34 hours when i finally stopped prime).And it runs flawlessy anything i throw at it,like fallout 4 or gta 5...so i really doubt that the problem would be my OC....i didnt tried to play on lower quality settings tough...but that wouldnt be a solution for me :(....the game is too beautifull to play on low and it would mess all the fun that way...there must be something that me and all the other people that are having issues here didnt figured out yet...or maybe its just cause the beta and its still unstable on some systems...i dont really know what to say...

And MarshallOne...i experienced that problem too...and yes.. indeed...the solution for the problem its close launcher>reopen>close>reopen>some windows restart and so on untill you will finally get past the issue. :)

BUJIE

14.03.2016, 23:50

BUJIE:

Yes actually i did overclock my cpu/nb/ram from 2900/2000/1600 to 3400/2500/1666 mHZ....but its not a massive or risky overclock...its a mild one for 24/7 use...and its 100% prime stable no errors 24+ hours(it actually ran stable for about 34 hours when i finally stopped prime).And it runs flawlessy anything i throw at it,like fallout 4 or gta 5...so i really doubt that the problem would be my OC....i didnt tried to play on lower quality settings tough...but that wouldnt be a solution for me :(....the game is too beautifull to play on low and it would mess all the fun that way...there must be something that me and all the other people that are having issues here didnt figured out yet...or maybe its just cause the beta and its still unstable on some systems...i dont really know what to say...

Different games cant be affected differently though......and this is survarium after all ;) All I am saying is give it a go at least and test either running everything on low/minimal for a bit to see if the crashes stop or put overclocks back to default and leave it all on high....again just to test :)

Leki
Supertester

15.03.2016, 00:11

Leki:
BUJIE:

Different games cant be affected differently though......and this is survarium after all ;) All I am saying is give it a go at least and test either running everything on low/minimal for a bit to see if the crashes stop or put overclocks back to default and leave it all on high....again just to test :)

I would try and test this tomorrow when i have some more time and see what happens.Any other suggestion tough in between would be much apreciated :D

BUJIE

17.03.2016, 15:49

BUJIE:

I would try and test this tomorrow when i have some more time and see what happens.Any other suggestion tough in between would be much apreciated :D

Turn off OC. Test survarium.
Owcen_no_steam

17.03.2016, 23:05

Owcen_:Turn off OC. Test survarium.

I tried last days playing on lowest quallity and seems to work well....now i have to turn on highest one graphic option after another to see what option is causing the problem and maybe finally solve this out for many of us who experience crashes...i will try turning oc to stock too soon...but i doubt that would be the problem i must say...an unstable oc affects the whole sistem overral....not only one aplication..and the symptoms would be restarts,blue screens,freezes etc...not crash in only one game :)...and a stable 24+ hours oc in prime95 is a rock solid one :D...and oh...switching always in bios from oc to stock and back to oc after i stop playing survarium its not a pleasure think :).

Edit 1:i tested without oc....and it happened as i expected....still crashing:D...i knew the OC dont have anything to do with crashes in this case :)
Last edited by BUJIE on 18.03.2016, 01:44, edited 3 times in total.

BUJIE

18.03.2016, 12:28

BUJIE:

I tried last days playing on lowest quallity and seems to work well....now i have to turn on highest one graphic option after another to see what option is causing the problem and maybe finally solve this out for many of us who experience crashes...i will try turning oc to stock too soon...but i doubt that would be the problem i must say...an unstable oc affects the whole sistem overral....not only one aplication..and the symptoms would be restarts,blue screens,freezes etc...not crash in only one game :)...and a stable 24+ hours oc in prime95 is a rock solid one :D...and oh...switching always in bios from oc to stock and back to oc after i stop playing survarium its not a pleasure think :).

Edit 1:i tested without oc....and it happened as i expected....still crashing:D...i knew the OC dont have anything to do with crashes in this case :)

I need to OC down my GTX970 from 1400/7800 to 1300/7400 only because of Survarium.

Wicher3/FarCry4/Batlefield4 and many more have no problems with my OC, except Survarium.

So my experience about OC and Survarium is quite different.
Owcen_no_steam

18.03.2016, 12:59

Owcen_:

I need to OC down my GTX970 from 1400/7800 to 1300/7400 only because of Survarium.

Wicher3/FarCry4/Batlefield4 and many more have no problems with my OC, except Survarium.

Yes my friend,i know what you mean :)...but gpu oc is one story...cpu oc is another story....and judging by the problems everyone have...its clearly a graphics optimization problem rather than anithyng else:D(i didn`t oc my gpu...just to make it clear:D)...by the way...i`m almost done with my testings with the graphics options...i`l come with a verdict soon....i have to test some more tough because i see that some maps can cause more easily a crash than others.

BUJIE

19.03.2016, 07:17

Hello,
i have Intel Core i3-3225 CPU 3300 Herz 4 GB RAM Intel HD Graphics 4000
and only what the Game can is CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH and CRASH ...
After this new Patch i cant play anymore ...
bevor it crashed after the Matches ... okay i can play, not good but the Matches play... but now i didnt get in the game ...

I need a GERMAN support cause my english is not good enouph ...

Also I read here takt the CPU to bla bla bla but how can i do it ? Two Post up ... and what is OC ??? Full Words please we are not the agyptic people with hyroglyphen ...

My english is terrible and i am aggro.
Hier muss es doch auch deutsche geben die nicht Egoisten sind und einem mal helfen können ?
GermanWerwolf

19.03.2016, 13:33

Yesss!!!,i finally found the sweetspot :D....it seems that the problematic option was the shadows option.....on anything higher than low would cause a crash almost instant or in 1-2 minutes of gameplay.So now i can play with shadows on low and everything else maxed out :D(except motion blur...that particulary option is always off for me in any game,cause i dont like how game makers implement motion blur in games...it makes the game feels sluggish...the only good game that have a more mature and human feel motion blur is gta 5 i think)...textures on higher than medium also caused me a crash...but only one crash during all the testing period...so i will take the risk and keep them at high too.So i played in this combo (shadows low,motion blur off,everything else maxed out) several hours without a problem and i can guarantee it`s a rock solid setup.Thank you all for you`re suport..you are really nice people :)...i suggest to others who have this problem to try my solution and see if works...maybe i will make a new topic with a short tutorial later for people to test this and see if helps.

@GermanWerewolf OC means overclock and it`s a technique used to increase procesor/northbridge/hypertransport links/southbridge/ram/graphics card frequency...basically you can increase everything that has frequency on you`re PC.But overclocking it`s not an easy task...so i suggest you if you want to do it to read some tutorials for you`re particular hardware.Sadly i can`t help you in german...but maybe you wil find here someone who can help you :)...and oh...we are talking with abreviation for some notions because we start from suposition than average people who write here knows some basic notions about pc`s and hardware in general so we dont find the need of writting full words for some thinks...hope i was clear enough for you to understand:D

Also...if an Admin/Moderator sees this: Please edit my topic title and after the title please put "(solved)" so people who read the forum maybe will click on the topic and see the solution...maybe it will help them too :D
Last edited by BUJIE on 19.03.2016, 14:00, edited 5 times in total.

BUJIE

19.03.2016, 13:48

@BUJIE

Glad it worked out for you and that you can now play crash free :)

Leki
Supertester

19.03.2016, 14:01

Leki:@BUJIE

Glad it worked out for you and that you can now play crash free :)

^_^ thanks man! :D

BUJIE

19.03.2016, 16:26

GermanWerwolf:Hello,
i have Intel Core i3-3225 CPU 3300 Herz 4 GB RAM Intel HD Graphics 4000
and only what the Game can is CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH and CRASH ...
After this new Patch i cant play anymore ...
bevor it crashed after the Matches ... okay i can play, not good but the Matches play... but now i didnt get in the game ...

I need a GERMAN support cause my english is not good enouph ...

Also I read here takt the CPU to bla bla bla but how can i do it ? Two Post up ... and what is OC ??? Full Words please we are not the agyptic people with hyroglyphen ...

My english is terrible and i am aggro.
Hier muss es doch auch deutsche geben die nicht Egoisten sind und einem mal helfen können ?

Your hardware doesn't meet minimum requirements.
Your GPU (intel HD) is good to play minesweeper, not for gaming.
Buy gaming laptop if You want to play any 3d game that was released after 2000 year.
You dont need to thx me ;)
U are welcome ;)
Owcen_no_steam

30.09.2019, 12:28

Owcen_no_steam:

Yeah, exactly.. i needed to lover my gtx460 golden from 840/2040 to 798/2000 too, so yep it is overclock problem cuz my witcher3, fallout4 and stalker lost alpha work just fine with everything on max.
Degtyarev94

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Technical