Ideas & Suggestions (No Bug Reports)

Discussion of Survarium in the context of the Doors Open Day.

24.04.2014, 16:40

This thread is where you can post and discuss your ideas for Survarium
Last edited by joewillburn on 25.04.2014, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

24.04.2014, 22:18

I know you guys are having an open day tommorow but i would also 'reccomend' doing it again sometime later, Just to see if everything goes well again.
Nsty

25.04.2014, 10:36

(I know everything is subject to change but) the combat is pretty dull. I know you are going to improve it, but I would definitely add something like bandaging in Red Orchestra 2, it could slow down the combat a bit, which would make it more tactical. Also "tagging" like in counter strike, when you get shot, your speed drastically reduces, you almost stop for half a second until you can again run at the top speed.

Rick

25.04.2014, 10:45

Still waiting to actually get in but 1st & foremost you WILL need servers outside of Russia! Never mind implications of East-West relations possibly cutting you off from the outside world but fact is lag is gonna happen between the distance and the connectivity on Russian end of the Internet, no?

Closest comparison in an FPS I've played is CCP trying to do Dust 514 with global access on one shard and the lag (or worse, lag compensation) ruins the game. Well actually they have a few regional servers (4?) but eventually you end up with multiple players 250ms+ away from you in Asia & the like which ruins game play.

Please don't tell me you think lag comp is going to fix consistent 250ms+ lagging for us western players!
t3chnomanc3r

25.04.2014, 10:46

t3chnomanc3r wrote:Still waiting to actually get in but 1st & foremost you WILL need servers outside of Russia! Never mind implications of East-West relations possibly cutting you off from the outside world but fact is lag is gonna happen between the distance and the connectivity on Russian end of the Internet, no?

Closest comparison in an FPS I've played is CCP trying to do Dust 514 with global access on one shard and the lag (or worse, lag compensation) ruins the game. Well actually they have a few regional servers (4?) but eventually you end up with multiple players 250ms+ away from you in Asia & the like which ruins game play.

Please don't tell me you think lag comp is going to fix consistent 250ms+ lagging for us western players!

NOTE: This is a Beta version of the PvP (Teamplay) game mode only. Freeplay and Co-op are not part of this Beta test. Currently our game servers are located in Russia, so players from other regions might experience connectivity issues due to long distances and high ping rates. We are doing our best to minimize the technical problems as much as possible.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

25.04.2014, 10:48

Rick:I know you are going to improve it, but

All of that is planned. The basics come first though.

t3chnomanc3r:Still waiting to actually get in but 1st & foremost you WILL need servers outside of Russia!

Already been stated all over the forums and the original download page that there are more servers coming in the future. That being said, the netcode is very good so if you have a clean connection to the server (no/minimal packet loss) then you can play easily even with a high ping. I play with 340ms without issues.
Gamertech
Survivor

25.04.2014, 11:46

One little idea is that maybe you guys let newcomers have a chance to select if they are experienced with shooters or not. Thats because the first match I was put into was incredibly unbalanced. I don't know if there is a real skill detection in the game already that basically mixes up teams to make them more even. But for starters it would be better if this selection would be there.

I don't know if this would be of any value to the game but I just had a little thought that maybe this could help the experience of beginner players.
Grounddog

25.04.2014, 11:52

Grounddog wrote:One little idea is that maybe you guys let newcomers have a chance to select if they are experienced with shooters or not. Thats because the first match I was put into was incredibly unbalanced. I don't know if there is a real skill detection in the game already that basically mixes up teams to make them more even. But for starters it would be better if this selection would be there.

I don't know if this would be of any value to the game but I just had a little thought that maybe this could help the experience of beginner players.

The more players online, the better the match-making balance will be. Having said that, the match-making mechanics are a constant work in progress.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

25.04.2014, 12:26

Gamertech:
All of that is planned. The basics come first though.

Already been stated all over the forums and the original download page that there are more servers coming in the future. That being said, the netcode is very good so if you have a clean connection to the server (no/minimal packet loss) then you can play easily even with a high ping. I play with 340ms without issues.

What you mean is the LAG COMPENSATION code is good which is ALWAYS a bad thing because you can't constantly play that far back in time and not cause revisionist history. This FPS, depending on the command rate your're talking about 1/4second+ lag for world updates to reach the client and same to send reactions to the server! How can that ever be workable as REALTIME?

Next issue is 2 fold:

1. Is torrent feature going to be opt out or opt in?
2. Can we get a proper listing of ports needed because these wide open rules you set ARE going to get removed from my system and never would have made it in had they been announced.
t3chnomanc3r

25.04.2014, 12:48

Rick:Also "tagging" like in counter strike, when you get shot, your speed drastically reduces, you almost stop for half a second until you can again run at the top speed.

This occurs if you get shot in the legs. If the wound is bad enough you are completely unable to move. If you're shot in the left or right arms, your aim gets pulled left and right. If you're shot in the head you die :)

But perhaps getting shot in the chest should slow you down as well. Is this what you're suggesting?
Citizenkane
Survivor

25.04.2014, 13:02

Suggestions:

- please give an option to disable the hit indicator. these thich bars that appear when hitting an enemy are so annoying. It also gives the game a arcady feel. looks a lot like Warface hitindicator
- sway for rifles/snipers shouldnt appear when just walking, imo
- prone should be added
- there should be a short reload. you always make the long reload with the slide, even when you still got a bullet in the chamber
Last edited by Azaí on 25.04.2014, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
Azaí

25.04.2014, 13:21

FOV slider please, 65 FOV is atrocious

flopper3

25.04.2014, 13:22

flopper3 wrote:FOV slider please, 65 FOV is atrocious

It is 65 vertical which equates to 90/100 horizontal.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

25.04.2014, 13:47

I feel like Renaissance Army is inferior to Fringe Settlers as they dont have a mask on their current equipment, maybe they could have a mask, like a face wrap, made of ripped up kevlar suits, sewn together to make a mask, to provide atleast minimal protection to the face, before they make the skull looking mask for them.
гнусный

25.04.2014, 13:48

Anton Varabei wrote:I feel like Renaissance Army is inferior to Fringe Settlers as they dont have a mask on their current equipment, maybe they could have a mask, like a face wrap, made of ripped up kevlar suits, sewn together to make a mask, to provide atleast minimal protection to the face, before they make the skull looking mask for them.

Equipment is not final, this is a beta. More is added all the time ;)
joewillburn
Vostok Games

25.04.2014, 17:42

- Option to remove crosshair
- Few colors for crosshair or just color scale settings
- Size of crosshair and more types of crosshairs
- Customizable HUD. Also as HUD can be completely hidden
- Setting up HUD transparency
- Headbob turning on/off settings

Madowz

25.04.2014, 18:24

- Able to climb Ladders
- Removable Crossair
- More Ragdoll physics
- Character Movement /Lean ability /Prone
- More Gore (Red Orchestra 2)
- Able to interact with your inventory in a match and able to change guns. Multiple loadouts
- Adjustable Field of view via Option
- Different type of Meele weapons (Axes,tomahawks,knives) Should be throwable ones as well.
- Extended Detailed Character profile and customization
- Match Map Selection-Gametype Selection Menu
- Free Roam Sandbox MMO survival Mode (heard it coming but hopefully with vehicles and camping/tents/storage/pve content along with pvp aspects. Factions and such with Mutants AI.
- 50 or 100 slot Servers for Free Roam Survival Mode (Can be Rentable via in game or from GameServer provider)

Other than that, i want to take the time and say thank you Vostok Games for great looking art design and smooth gameplay . I think you'll earn one more customer for final release or maybe even before for Beta.
Last edited by -1PARA-JaRHeaD on 25.04.2014, 18:37, edited 3 times in total.
-1PARA-JaRHeaD
Explorer

25.04.2014, 20:42

-1PARA-JaRHeaD:- Able to climb Ladders

I know you mean actual, physical ladders. But I think ladders like Diablo 2 would be awesome as well!

I know more gear is going to be added, but even then it doesn't take very long to max out. It would be cool if there was a reset every few months where players can start from 0 reputation / gear and race to the top. Of course it would have to be optional, and reset players would only play with other reset players.

Many players might not want to reset, but I remember the feeling from starting the game with no gear. It was so intense! Sneaking through maps with just a crappy pistol and a dirty, torn sweater.
Citizenkane
Survivor

25.04.2014, 20:45

first of all support "low" Pc's coz I meet the minimum requirements ang got warps, i think becose i cant change ressollution, its very important. but at all even on all low game look amaizng but u rly need to focus about optimization guys beacose i thing this game have very big potencial.
also this guy it talking good :d
-1PARA-JaRHeaD:- Able to climb Ladders
- Removable Crossair
- More Ragdoll physics
- Character Movement /Lean ability /Prone
- More Gore (Red Orchestra 2)
- Able to interact with your inventory in a match and able to change guns. Multiple loadouts
- Adjustable Field of view via Option
- Different type of Meele weapons (Axes,tomahawks,knives) Should be throwable ones as well.
- Extended Detailed Character profile and customization
- Match Map Selection-Gametype Selection Menu
- Free Roam Sandbox MMO survival Mode (heard it coming but hopefully with vehicles and camping/tents/storage/pve content along with pvp aspects. Factions and such with Mutants AI.
- 50 or 100 slot Servers for Free Roam Survival Mode (Can be Rentable via in game or from GameServer provider)

Other than that, i want to take the time and say thank you Vostok Games for great looking art design and smooth gameplay . I think you'll earn one more customer for final release or maybe even before for Beta.

malpiszon94

25.04.2014, 21:02

Already mentoined it somewhere, crouching would be a nice addition to the game.
In general I'd like to see some improvment on the character's movement.

Zerruh

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Return to Doors Open Day