Impressions & Feedback (No Bug Reports)

Discussion of Survarium in the context of the Doors Open Day.

25.04.2014, 13:17

Played couple of matches. Here are my pros and cons.

Pros:

-sound is pretty good (8/10)
-graphics are nice (9/10)
-gunplay is enjoyable and challenging (8/10)
-environment looks awesome (10/10)
-seems quite balanced so far

Cons:

-framerate is quite bad even on low settings
-laggy sometimes (playing from Romania)
-many problems regarding logging in or match stats after battle
-control is a bit sluggish

Overall the game is in a good condition so far, because it's in early stages most of the cons are understandable.
I'm pleased with the game so far, looking forward to more content and gamemodes.

quick question sorry, will our character remain after "open doors day" or we might need to start again in the open beta?

Thank you and keep up the good work!!
Kedaysien

25.04.2014, 13:21

Kedaysien:Played couple of matches. Here are my pros and cons.

Pros:

-sound is pretty good (8/10)

The gun sounds themselfes are good, but when you fire a weapon with a high rate of fore, it sounds weird and all over the place. The soound also seems to stutter then.
Last edited by Azaí on 25.04.2014, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.
Azaí

25.04.2014, 13:46

Rat:
TheLg:
Note: Should remove the crosshair and impact cross if you want a better immersive game

I agree with this guy, except hitmarks should stay for gameplay reasons.
Or hitsounds at least :)

TheLg:
2) Cant run it on high or ultra, bad fps, and i also play battlefield 4 with better fps.

The game is NOT optimized yet! Also, turn off motion blur - that's proabably your problem.
TheLg:
3) Servers too much Lagg, 5-6 seconds Delay, Unplayable. After 2 Games, i close the game.

That's becouse the open doors day is a stress test, which means the game is meant to lag so they can test how much pressure can the servers handle atm and how much stress does the game put on a server.

Sound and damage indication like, damage in leg or something will be fine.
And if use a doors day as a stress test, thats bad for me, cause a bad impresion for players [Yes all know its a beta] but cause a bad impresion, and not fun to play with this lag.

TheLg

25.04.2014, 13:51

I would like to say thank you Vostok Games for fixing all bugs and for improving game balance, and etc. Survarium is a better game then most I have played that are in a full version with many patches. Thanks Vostok Games.
гнусный

25.04.2014, 13:55

Azaí:The gun sounds themselfes are good, but when you fire a weapon with a high rate of fore, it sounds weird and all over the place. The soound also seems to stutter then.

I agree
Kedaysien

25.04.2014, 14:00

Azaí:
- gun sounds seem to be all over the place, at least the once with high fire rate

This.
Grephen

25.04.2014, 14:45

Take the first round about minutes ago...
The game looks very good to me, I'd liked the sound effects, liked the environment, gameplay is also good...
The lag though prevent me from getting all the experience.

I'm playing from Brasil, South America.

gun sounds seem to be all over the place, at least the once with high fire rate

I do agree with this.
sargelo

25.04.2014, 14:55

God i like this game so much, but in it's current state it can't be a pleasant experience for me, after installing it i could not log in, after that i could log in but the loading times were huge and finally when i hoped all those minor problems were gone, players were joining the game faster and easier following huge lag on the server and i had to play under extreme rubber banding/rollbacks.Every shot i have fired missed and they were like not feeling the lag spike, a gunshot from them killed me instantly in that huge lag issue.
This sums up my experience of today...i really hope you fix all those issues, it's the best game i've played in a while.
MightyG

25.04.2014, 15:12

Hey so I downloaded the game during this short open beta period and the first game I got into was awesome: It was dark and raining, big open map, felt so good, fell in love with the Mosin and had no lag. I couldnt wait to play again. But then, after that first game I played maybe 4 more and Oh My Dear Lord the lags came... And it wasnt the minor lags that you can just ignore, it was such an enormous amount of lag and de-sync that lead me to the point of cringing my teeth.
I know, I know all the talk about the one server and what not, but its a shame that players who dont live near russia cant experience the fun and thrill of this amazing game.
Bottom line, the game is very fun and really interesting but please oh please, try and get more servers up as soon as you guys can because it is definitely worth it!
Sm1leAway

25.04.2014, 15:27

after six hours of playing the game is good but the lag is ticking me off always glitching me through walls or tp me a few intches causing me to miss a shot with the mosin those players living near Russia have some unfair advantage against the rest of players in terms of ping
spartan347

25.04.2014, 16:10

The Mosin is rather pointless.
You always have the sway and the pistol has such a low RoF and very few damage.
Azaí

25.04.2014, 16:25

Azaí:The Mosin is rather pointless.
You always have the sway and the pistol has such a low RoF and very few damage.

Have you tried to hold your breath by pressing left shift to get rid of sway?
JussiR80
Veteran

25.04.2014, 16:27

Tried my first match in a while today, then at one point they managed to kill us in spawn (map was Rain). They were a few and it was near impossible to get out.

I thought we were immune when standing in spawn? That was the case with a previous version.

I think you should add that if a ennemy kiil someone in spawn, he gets killed himself. This way they will think twice.

Anyway, that was enough to be my only match today, will come back later.

Rhialto

25.04.2014, 16:32

Feels good for a beta that's still a year off from full release. For comparison, LoL barely worked in beta. I have the same gripes as everyone else with the guns and frame drops. Is there going to be separate matchmaking for different language-speakers in the future? I got in and was told that this game was heavily focused on teamwork and all I got was a bunch of Cyrllic

HonkBonkington

25.04.2014, 16:57

The game is very realistic the graphics the sounds the maps and environment make me feel like i am in real battle but the game needs very good pc because i have a medium pc and it still laggs a little bit on medium or low settings.

b1l4r4s

25.04.2014, 16:58

Jussir80:

that isnt what I meant. The sway you get when ADS after walking.

Another thing:

I dont know if its a bug, but my Pistol makes no damage. I hit enemies with 5-7 Bullets on close range an they dont die while I get killed by pistols with like 2 bullets.
Azaí

25.04.2014, 17:30

Jussir80:

You know it's pointless right? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2336
Grephen

25.04.2014, 18:05

I been answering a lot of players in the global chat. While it is obviously a closed beta that was simply opened for today, it has shown a few things that I feel should be focused on.

Players repeatedly asked me things such as "How do I buy Ammo?" "Where do I buy Ammo?" "How do I equip weapons?". While I have no doubt it will be addressed with, I felt it was a bit alarming that some players could not find out how to equip their weaponry. I think a cleaner UI or a small tutorial should be implemented.

Some also don't know about the store tab. I think the UI could do with a bit more separating so players understand what things are and where they are. Its easy to glance over and never see.
Last edited by Doommarine23 on 25.04.2014, 18:06, edited 1 time in total.
Doommarine23

25.04.2014, 18:10

Thank Vostok games that I can play this great game.
For me, no errors are encountered up to now everything is going great :)
StalkerZ

25.04.2014, 18:58

Very good so far. The in-game market is also fair and not too overwhelming with the prices considering you can get the money in a few matches and from missions. So you can probably get most of the items you might want without it feeling like a grindfest the entire way. The only issue so far is the lag. Devs already pointed out that it's a server issue and that they're working on it. Also, I don't necessarily agree that the first weapons should be the worst, especially in competitive PvP modes. I think that the weapons you buy should offer a very slight edge in certain areas ( rate of fire, damage, recoil), but should certainly be more of a trade off for personal play-style. Obviously, once the open-world game starts, leveling up and getting better weapons should be something where crappy starting weapons fit nicely. Nonetheless, I like the progress so far.
Last edited by Savage Wicho on 25.04.2014, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.
Savage Wicho

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Return to Doors Open Day