Impressions & Feedback (No Bug Reports)

Discussion of Survarium in the context of the Doors Open Day.

28.04.2014, 16:20

It was a bit laggy, but in general, the game is good.The only bad things that i found, were the presence of the crosshair and hit confirmation, as other people have said, and the "blindness" when firing the ppsh(at least i was blinded),using the iron sights.Other than that, the game is going nice
spudin

28.04.2014, 17:28

Heavygunner:
In the upper right corner is a killfeed. Also if your enemy dies he will probably fall to the ground...

Well i am not the only one who pointed this out , having to look top-right in order to see if you indeed were fatal is not normal , these days , also you do get points when you drop batteries or assist , having a prompt around the middle of the screen with the +points you get is more functional , i understand that may be uncharacteristic for a realistic-type interface which is minimal as possible [ since in real life you don't get +points on retina ] , but as i said , some reviewer said this too , having to look up to see if you killed someone takes you out of the focus , and you have to search for your name because people are getting killed constantly...

I can bet the further releases are going to have what i'm talking about , it's a must-have these days and it's not a bad thing either. I doubt there will be anyone who will say it's unimmersive and must be removed , and alot of people more focused because they don't have to look top-right.
MTVeyron

28.04.2014, 17:44

MTVeyron:

Well i am not the only one who pointed this out , having to look top-right in order to see if you indeed were fatal is not normal , these days , also you do get points when you drop batteries or assist , having a prompt around the middle of the screen with the +points you get is more functional , i understand that may be uncharacteristic for a realistic-type interface which is minimal as possible [ since in real life you don't get +points on retina ] , but as i said , some reviewer said this too , having to look up to see if you killed someone takes you out of the focus , and you have to search for your name because people are getting killed constantly...

I can bet the further releases are going to have what i'm talking about , it's a must-have these days and it's not a bad thing either. I doubt there will be anyone who will say it's unimmersive and must be removed , and alot of people more focused because they don't have to look top-right.

I say it is unneeded and unimmersive. A lot of people who saw Survarium for the first time complained that it is to generic like other shooters, so instead of making it even more like COD etc. Survarium has to move away from them and be special in it's own way to be succesful. So your argument that it has to be there because other games have it is invalid. When the players in other games could see if they killed someone without any points showed, why should you need it now? That other games are trying to make everything easier and take the challenge doesn't mean that Survarium should turn in to one of these garbage games.
Last edited by Heavygunner on 28.04.2014, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.
Heavygunner
Master

28.04.2014, 20:50

This is my opinion of the Game! :D

I loved it.

What can i say more...

This game reminds me of METRO 2033 and METRO: Last Light, i loved those games, i love these type of games.

Sure there are some fixes to do, but for what i played the game is awesome! Keep Improving it.
Wakman

28.04.2014, 20:51

@Heavygunner

Well, I agree, partly... I want to look at Survarium in a different, wider perspective. You suggest that Survarium is a hardcore game in some of the aspects. It is, but isn't making Survarium a F2P MMOFPS game is an easiest solution? Everybody does it, everone wants to make games like WOT, or WT. So Vostok choose to go the same way. This path is really the only right one? Don't get me wrong, i don't want to offend anyone, I really appreciate your work, but I really wish end era of F2P MMO. Maybe I'm old, maybe I'm some kind of "computer game misfit", but I wish this kind "business profile" be only a temporary fashion...

I don't want to criticize, I just wish to see Survarium in a little bit different form. Maybe MMOcRPG? Or maybe MMOFPS with really significant cRPG elements? Or maybe just plain, old-school style cRPG with some multiplayer elements?

I played beta, I like it, so i will play it, simple as that, but...I can only wish and dream about such games I mentioned above.

It is really goddamn sad when I observe what is happening with games like Nuclear Union. Is it gamers fault, or is it something else?
Last edited by Lemur80 on 28.04.2014, 21:08, edited 4 times in total.
Lemur80

29.04.2014, 14:45

Honestly not very good so far. I didn't really care for the strawberry jam when wounded, unlike other people annoyed by that I'll make a suggestion to instead limit the player's FoV when wounded via tunnel vision, or some post-process effect that behaves similarly.

Some of the gunplay wasn't good, in particular guns like the TOZ-66 being completely useless when not using iron sights, even at point blank range. Even sawn-off shotguns shouldn't be that inaccurate.

SMGs seemed to have the opposite problem, the level of zoom when using ironsights made using them with irons impractical in close combat, and firing from the hip actually seemed better in most cases, though they did have decent accuracy in semi-auto, which was good, in my opinion.

I certainly have nothing bad to say about any of the rifles, they seemed to work as intended.

Other things that I found unpleasant were that even short jumps, such as a 3 meter drop from the board walkway at the chemical plant could break my legs, completely silly.

Weapon sounds were good, aside from the PPSh, which sounded like a gatling gun at close range, and a pack of firecrackers at long range. Weapon models were fantastic, despite some animations of bolt-actions reloading from a non-empty magazine.

Although, my biggest gripe with the game wasn't any of these things, it was with the inherit limitations of PvP mode, i.e. moving radio parts around every match on almost entirely symmetrical maps, which made gameplay very stale and predictable. So yes, each match typically involves players either attacking through the maze in the center, or trying to go from the flanks. Perhaps an alternate capture-the-flag mode with only one generator as an objective for both teams could shake things up.
Red Schuhart
Supertester

29.04.2014, 22:25

Heavygunner:
I say it is unneeded and unimmersive. A lot of people who saw Survarium for the first time complained that it is to generic like other shooters, so instead of making it even more like COD etc. Survarium has to move away from them and be special in it's own way to be succesful. So your argument that it has to be there because other games have it is invalid. When the players in other games could see if they killed someone without any points showed, why should you need it now? That other games are trying to make everything easier and take the challenge doesn't mean that Survarium should turn in to one of these garbage games.

My argument isn't that other games have and and so survarium has to have it too , i'm saying that the thing itself it has been test and overtested and proven effective , you clearly hate the COD series , i don't like them much too , but my favourite game with points prompts was Blacklight Retribution.The only game in which non-prompts doesn't matter is the only game of this type that i did buy : CS , but : the colour palette is ALOT more pale , MUCH fewer people die per minute , the killtracker at the top-right is bigger [ cause of that ]. Having a points prompt when you kill someone doesn't make every game COD.

"taking out the challenge" , well , having a shit interface doesn't make a game challenging , it makes it shitty , the promts in cod allow you to see , in the midst of all that chaos [ which sometimes happens in survarium too ] , that you have SOME impact , it allows you to instinctively know when you get top-score , assuming you do look sometimes at the scoreboard , it's effective in any way , in a game in which respawns and chaos happens.

"when players couldn't see prompts" , i am not aware of any game that has respawns on one map , in which both long and close combat is possible , that does not provide feedback when you kill .It was half life , multiplayer and deathmatch , but it has a more bland colour pallette and you are not shooting from miles away into the bushes into someone you KNOW it's there , cod is not easy cause it prompts you AFTER you killed someone , is easy cause it prompts you DURING THE TIME YOU HIT SOMEONE , which i agree is a garbage mechanic.

You probably can't accept arguments based on how much you hate COD , but times are changing and Survarium is not counter strike , face-offs are not in plain sight and there is no surgical close combat gunplay like in cs:go , it needs this so you feel like you make an impact amidst all that chaos , otherwise it feels kind of empty...
MTVeyron

30.04.2014, 01:35

After playing the open beta day, my most personal concern about this game is the feeling that it have no personality at all. I don't understand people saying it is immersive and so on, I hope this people just hope to get a beta key access from the back door by saying cute words; else I can't understand how you could feel inmersed on a PvP with lags and everyone running like beheaded chickens.

In my humble opinion, Vostok Games should stop and redefine the PvP part of this game. I feel like we just tested a part of the game which is just there because it's an industry standard to have a multiplayer development even if you focus on PvE or Co-op (still I don't get the real difference on this two, would be a sort of DayZ?). Anyway, as for the PvP, it doesnt taste like a CoD, and definately it is years behind a Battlefield title, so it comes to my mind the old interviews of the STALKER Team were they share their likes to Counter Strike games. If this is the case, there is still much work to do, and some concepts should be reviewed.

About weapons, I couldn't say much as I had lags from both Survarium server and home connection (damn flats sharing) but I felt like the recoil system (PPsH) is too random to possibly get dominated by a player, meaning you ultimately rely on luck to shot someone on your will, which definately is a fun killer for anyone.

All in all, I have seen good things, specially from the graphics and sound positioning given the developement stage of the game. Definately, a game that must be on the radar :)

GGz!
Dade

10.05.2014, 07:04

My opinion after playing versions of the open beta, Generally physics game is very pleasant, sometimes there are strange holes on the map in or out in August that it is impossible or bypass, handy to be some progress on this issue usually happens to me in games to find any errors in this the game just had a problem finding them, but I came across it on the vehicles abandoned on a map and some were to slightly open the sound could not penetrate. Generally I played very good I had a Lagg nor was jamming game almost fully polished, only now you need tickets for the closed beta version would further authorization can catch errors buggy.
ennoPL

01.06.2014, 03:20

Do you guys not see the overall purpose of this? first of all 3 game modes offers a potential metric ton of content, and since we have dedicated pvp that means that hopefully, people will not want to skirmish each other in the freeplay mode!
Murk

01.06.2014, 06:10

Murk:... and since we have dedicated pvp that means that hopefully, people will not want to skirmish each other in the freeplay mode!

That's... actually a pretty good point. Never considered that. Thanks for sharing.

Nexolate
Legend
Alpha squad

01.06.2014, 12:12

Im live in Asia , in my region , internet cafe computer have WindowXP only , very large players amount

Hopefully DEV team can bring Suvarium code for playable on WindowXP , not just Windows7 or windows9,10,11 ( Microsoft =='')
Goliath Vietnam

01.06.2014, 12:19

Goliath Vietnam wrote:Im live in Asia , in my region , internet cafe computer have WindowXP only , very large players amount

Hopefully DEV team can bring Suvarium code for playable on WindowXP , not just Windows7 or windows9,10,11 ( Microsoft =='')

We, unfortunately will not support Windows XP
joewillburn
Vostok Games

01.06.2014, 13:42

Tell your net cafe operators to update as Win XP is no longer supported by anyone due to the fact that it is completely incompatible with modern technology and DirectX versions.
Gamertech
Survivor

05.06.2014, 01:49

Goliath Vietnam:Im live in Asia , in my region , internet cafe computer have WindowXP only , very large players amount

Game will be running DX11, (DX12). Developers don't want to put in code in game so you can play it on a 15-year-old OS. It's impossible...
starbyone

05.06.2014, 17:36

Heavygunner:

I agree, to many FPS games are to similar, I hope survarium goes its own path and gets away from the "norm" for fps game
daojinx23

16.06.2014, 18:45

i think to u need realy more time for develop this awsome game!
take it ... and use it VG! great job !
see ya in game ;)
Last edited by bastar89 on 16.06.2014, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.
bastar89

21.11.2014, 01:32

Heavygunner:
A lot of people who saw Survarium for the first time complained that it is to generic like other shooters, so instead of making it even more like COD etc. Survarium has to move away from them and be special in it's own way .

I actually think it feels a lot like the old cod games that some how people have forgot or just simply dont know about. Cod 2:UO was my favorite shooter for a long time and ive been waiting for a game to come along that had similar physics and shooting but better graphics.
The utter crap that is CoD today is more like playing a Hollywood movie with over extended action scenes.

Survarium is building up to be one of my favorite shooters keep up the good work.

PS: The 1st time I played on a Survarium map my mind was blown, maybe it was the waccy baccy not sure but im hooked.
Scotland

27.05.2015, 02:34

With the latest update so far, VG you did a good job! though I'm still having issues with spawn camping, player match making (high tier players killing low tier) and the silver being harder to acquire as you rank up and get better gear. Other than that, good job and keep it up! =)
PLDRC117

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Return to Doors Open Day