Cologne Bridge

This is the place to discuss the game locations, as they are known to the current Survivors.

01.08.2014, 13:40

Originating in Siberia, the Forest quickly began to conquer new territory, inexorably spreading around the world. It relentlessly moved from the East to the West, absorbing the remains of human civilization. Despite all efforts, the government could not cope with the Forest and soon fell under its onslaught. Only natural barriers could halt the spread of the Forest.

One of such barriers was the Rhine River that divides the Western Europe from the Alps to the North Sea. For some time, the combined forces of Europe managed to restrain the Forest. Most of the Rhine bridges were destroyed. It was decided to keep safe at least one bridge in each large city so that survivors could move to a secure territory.
The powerful defensive structures successfully performed their duty but any kind of defense would be breached sooner or later. The Rhine frontier was no exception. Eventually the Forest found a way to overcome it, fully capturing Europe. Once surrounded, the defenders of the Cologne bridge continued to fight back thereby making the bridge a shelter for hundreds of survivors.

The struggle for life continued for several years. Over this period an entire city was built on the bridge. But the defenders grew smaller in numbers and it was obvious that the Forest would be able to capture their enclave - it was only a matter of time. Unfortunately, the further fate of the survivors is unknown. For some reason the inhabitants had left the Cologne bridge leaving their settlement to be devoured by the forces of nature.

Fancy pictures here: http://survarium.com/en/page/cologne-bridge
Ardheim

26.08.2014, 10:50

After Rudnya my fav map so far <3 love it and nice gamemodus with the bat stations
DubWay_Ger

01.10.2014, 10:03

I am not very fond of her. The reason?

Mainly I play a hunter artifacts, and on this site there is no anomaly. Zero anomalous = zero artifacts.
Szlam
Survivor

06.10.2014, 08:46

Szlam:I am not very fond of her. The reason?

Mainly I play a hunter artifacts, and on this site there is no anomaly. Zero anomalous = zero artifacts.

They will probably add them in the near future. Fort didn't have artifacts and anomalies too, when it was introduced in the game.
Last edited by str0lek on 06.10.2014, 08:46, edited 1 time in total.
str0lek

21.10.2014, 12:51

I don't know if it's a bug or just normal that the most plants on cologne look much to bright as they are not effected of shadows. On my friends pc's they look the same so i hope you can fix it whatever it is. Cologne looks very bad because of these plants.
methamos

22.10.2014, 22:13

Seems like a weed farm to me :P
SiMa211

02.11.2014, 15:14

I like Cologne, it is a bit slim, it could be a bit wider but the small width of the map makes team work easier, you can basically flush the map if you stay together and work together. The loads of vegetation is nice, but the wind graphics could need a work up, all the bushes move in "perfect sync" in a manner that makes it look rather artificial.

It has alot of potential if it could get maybe some more "high ground" structures and ofc some anomalous areas.
Dobermann_Pharaoh
Veteran

11.11.2014, 22:42

Best Map ever!

Vailox

12.11.2014, 10:06

I Really like this map, it has many paths wich you can take to flank the enemies!
Trainerdc

16.11.2014, 19:36

I like the Cologne Bridge. Cool Map
Cyberslot

16.11.2014, 21:52

It's a great map. But the team having the energy generator over the train has a clearly disadvantage against enemy snipers. I would prefer the energy generator next the train, not on the train.
H3llSp4wn

30.12.2014, 12:22

What I would like to see with this map is for it to be expanded either above or below. With a large anomalous area or two thrown in.

There can be shanty houses built onto the supports above the current area which has been enveloped by tree canopy. Maybe some dangerous drops and pitfalls to separate the huts? I would think it should be made high enough so that it would not be made to be just where the snipers go to camp. In other words, make it so there are no good angles to see the level below. A cool Forest hazard for this area could be invasive vines coming from crawling up the trees that poison the player through contact.

Below could be more housing, but more cramped and with long corridors made out of more trains cars and plywood. It would be interesting to put toxic dust filling the area created by large alien fungi, perhaps also obscuring player's sight as well.
Cedr

05.02.2015, 17:02

Cologne doesnt look / feel consistent with the other maps to me. It might have been a design choice thing or the team that put it together wasnt the same as the original maps but on the whole the colors and the vegitation feel more vivid, cartoonish and too saturated. parts of the bridge structure have no visible signs of age or decay. They look brand new. On the whole it seems like someone else did it...

I hope they rework the map again to get that same feeling of decay and age that you see in the other maps.
Angry Lil Elf Too

06.02.2015, 11:27

Cochise:Cologne doesnt look / feel consistent with the other maps to me. It might have been a design choice thing or the team that put it together wasnt the same as the original maps but on the whole the colors and the vegitation feel more vivid, cartoonish and too saturated. parts of the bridge structure have no visible signs of age or decay. They look brand new. On the whole it seems like someone else did it...
I hope they rework the map again to get that same feeling of decay and age that you see in the other maps.

It is also elevated and geographically further away. I personally like the change of pace, but if they redesign it, It is fine with me.

Gergow44

13.02.2015, 14:19

Do its planned or speaked about this map to have and underbridge level?
StNickBG

13.02.2015, 16:16

StNickBG:Do its planned or speaked about this map to have and underbridge level?

Not that we know about it. But the map like any other maps, will be redesigned.
str0lek

14.02.2015, 07:11

StNickBG:Do its planned or speaked about this map to have and underbridge level?

Which would be a great idea. The map is good as it is. Though artifacts are missing. The artifacts could spawn down there in the river. Also a path could lead you from one side to the other. might be a sneaky way to attack the enemy from behind.
meow_thekitteh

14.02.2015, 14:10

I like it.

But...I'm a bit worried about the "1. FC Köln"-logos, the red logo of Colognes football club with the white goat standing on it, which are placed on some of the train wagons on the map. FC-Clubs can be a bit huffy about their intellectual property. I've heard of a case where one club took people on court for using a logo picture on ebay auctions and things like that.
I don't know if they might have given their permission to use it, but if not, it'd be better to remove the logo.
Last edited by Schuchart on 15.02.2015, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.
Schuchart

17.02.2015, 04:59

Schuchart:I like it.

But...I'm a bit worried about the "1. FC Köln"-logos, the red logo of Colognes football club with the white goat standing on it, which are placed on some of the train wagons on the map. FC-Clubs can be a bit huffy about their intellectual property. I've heard of a case where one club took people on court for using a logo picture on ebay auctions and things like that.
I don't know if they might have given their permission to use it, but if not, it'd be better to remove the logo.

Do you honestly think they are gonna get mad about their logo being used in a map in a POST-APOCALYPTIC GAME? Infact I didn't notice it until you pointed it out. I'm pretty sure they have better things to do than bring Vostok to court over one easily missed small detail on a level map on a Video game.
Radcrab123

17.02.2015, 09:43

I don't know what they might do if they find out. Maybe they don't get upset at all about it, but better safe than sorry, don't you think? I just wanted to suggest to remove it. Everything else is up to the developers to decide.
Schuchart

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to In-Game Locations