Developers Respond to Community Feedback (Part 3)

This is the place to discuss the game locations, as they are known to the current Survivors.

07.05.2019, 12:10

Today we bring you the third and final part in our feedback from the developers feature. We hope you enjoyed the information or rather, developer responses to your ideas. We hope to continue bringing you interaction like this in the future. So, please do keep your feedback coming. We DO read it, always! If you missed part 1 and 2 just click this link: Part 1, Part 2.

43. There are some spots, usually diagonally placed (ramps, stairs) where the characters do not stay still, they slide instead. This doesn't allow to peak from a safe position. An example: https://streamable.com/tzgz7

Places where ‘the player can't stay still’ need to be fixed and we’ll do so.

44. Players do not get awarded with points for securing a capture unit that was about to get neutralized.

Players get rewarded with team-based scores for the victory. Rewarding the player
for guarding a spot could be worth when he keeps staying in the capture zone. However, abuse of points is possible when the player gets scores for kills while he’s near that spot.

45. Ability to select weapons at the base ammo box. If I just wanted to mess around with some random weapons, but it turns out to be a hard match or one where I need other weapons, it would be nice to have this option at least once per match.

Re-selecting weapons in the ammo box would be a tough-to-implement task. The idea is quite cool. But then we’d need to know all the weapons of all the players throughout the patch. On top of that if talking about the changing gear – that would be the same caliber of a task.

46. Bleed faster while moving. Bleed very slowly when standing still.

Good idea, yes.

47. Buddy list needs improvements. Be able to see who's in the lobby but has been AFK for a while. “AFK for 15 minutes”.

New statuses in lobby refers to socializing part of the game. Check the comments above with regards to socialization.

“In a match for 15 minutes” should be changed to “TDM, score 50-70” or “Research, score 15%-80%” or “S&D, score 1-4”.

Improved display of match status with your friends is a good idea, yes.

48. Possibility to throw back grenades. It's already possible to shoot them, so if you can't make it so we can throw them back (an animation wouldn't be needed, really), at the very least it would be nice if they exploded when shot, just like mines and C4. It's possible to do all this in Battlefield V, for example.

Throwing back grenades is a good mechanic, yes.

49. Spring artifact effect doesn't apply to everything, like it says it does. For example, healing animation is not faster with it. Jumping isn't, either.

We will improve/fix that.

50. Killfeed needs a wallbang icon, to know that you were killed due to weapon penetrating the wall and not because of netcode (when on your screen you were already hidden).

This is a good idea, yes.

51. Mines should be displayed on the minimap when marked by sensors. For now they're only displayed in 3D in your line of sight.

Display of mines on the minimap will be improved. However it could overcrowd the very minimap (that’s why it’s not displayed there).

52. More loadout presets. I have seen people ask this feature a lot. Even for those who have unlocked just a small percentage of available equipment, it starts to get difficult to organize. More loadout presets would definitely help. 10 is just too little. Let’s make it 20 or 30. +10 additional presets could be unlocked at lvl 50 or something, and/or with gold. People want this feature, and so it would be a good way to monetize the game more without making it look like P2W.

Yes, supportive of the idea.

53. Equipping of armor sets. If I right click on a piece of armor, there is a contextual menu with "APPLY" button. There could be another button right under it, which would say "APPLY WHOLE SET". So, if I would select Biker pants, like I've just mentioned, it would automatically equip other parts of the Biker set from my inventory. So, I would not need to search for all other pieces of the Biker set in the long menus.

Yes, such a mechanic makes sense. Even if the player doesn’t have all items of the set – he gets equipped with those available.

54. It was possible to use TOZ-66 as a secondary before, please consider bringing it back.

Making TOZ-66 a secondary gun could be possible. Need to consider.

55. Compass. A small compass on the top of the screen can be very helpful to improve teamplay in objective focused gamemodes, it can be very hard or impossible to explain where the enemy is sometimes, and since not everyone speaks english a lot gets lost in the translation, but everyone knows what south, east, north, west, means. Other alternative could be ping that you can place to where you aim, with a hotkey. So that your team knows where to look. Lots of competitive games are implementing this feature nowadays: Apex Legends, Rainbow Six Siege, Battlefield V, Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, etc.

Adding points of the compass on the map could be possible. Same as pings where you aim at.

56. Slightly longer S&D round times. Too many times I've been in a very interesting round, where big plays were about to be made, and time runs out. The time runs out so fast that it is counter-intuitive for some newer players to even look at the timer and they often end up wandering around doing nothing until time ends. Increasing the timer slightly would make this gamemode a little less segmented, this would also result in a wider range of viable tactics that can be used, so it is less likely to fall into 1 meta-playstyle.

I haven’t seen people complain, but it’s possible to increase the time of the round in Search and Destroy.

57. Add a button to “remove all” modules at once. If a weapon like AKMSU has all modules installed on it (that weapons has 50 different modules), it's 20 clicks in total to remove everything (10 to select and 10 to click “remove” each time). For exampe, if I buy the AKMSU many times just to be able to upgrade its modules, it's 4 clicks to remove the stock modules it comes with to be able to upgrade them and then sell the weapon.

Yes, good idea.

58. Add an option to sell more than one weapon at once. “Tick” several times the weapons that you want, then “confirm”. Saves many clicks.

Selling several weapons at once could possibly make sense, provided we can come up with a fitting implementation.

59. It would be nice if spawn protection is shown for the respawned guy. I want to know do I still have spawn protection after respawn.

Yes, makes sense.

60. Possibility to make a certain percent of damage count as a kill if teammate kills them after you deal 90% damage or something like that. Currently it only counts as an assist and adds +5 points. Maybe add an “assists” tab, right where kills and deaths are displayed.

An assist tab in stats is a good idea I think.

61. Be able to swap modules bought with gold with no limit. As in, modules bought with gold would never get bound to a weapon and you would be able to swap them between other weapons for free whenever you want. They would still be limited to the weapons they support. This could mean that people might buy fewer modules for gold, right? But it could also mean them buying more too if they know they don't get bound.

Not sure about this idea.

62. Add a damage log card to know where we got hit, for how much damage, and which was the hit that killed us. We used to have a body image in the bottom right corner that showed where the damage was inflicted, but it was removed at some point. For example a kill could count as a normal kill, but maybe the first hit was to the head and inflicted almost full damage, but then a hit to a different body part finished us off.

Maybe this could be reasonable, yes.

63. Make Smoke disappear in S&D mode after the round restarts if that smoke was thrownin previous round. Make explosives not do damage when a round has ended in S&D mode (so the 3 or so seconds between round end and next round start). Imagine it's a 1v1, you kill the enemy but because of the "last chance" skill, the enemy you just killed can drop a grenade upon dying and you cannot do anything at all to avoid its damage because you cannot move; he can get a kill because of this if you were low hp and if it was a CQC fight.

Smoke disappearing at the end of round – agree. On grenades and explosives – I don’t really agree, and on top of that I didn’t see players complaining about it – you need to be cautious.

64. Add an option that wouldn't interrupt or cancel the reload if the “SHIFT” key is pressed (this key is used to sprint in this game). For some users this is annoying.

Reloading could be interrupted with a jump or melee hit.

65. Add a perk that would allow reloading while running. Battlefield games allow this and it's really nice. It could be part of the “Firearms” skill tree.

Yes, and interrupting the reload if the skill is not achieved.

66. There are so many parameters that can be modified with skills, modifiers or set bonuses that it's weird to see that the game still doesn't have a sheet or a section that would show all the total buff of all of this. What's my total bleeding protection? What's the total reduction of fall damage? How much % of damage does my equipment reduce? What's the collection time needed to grab an artifact? What's the hp recovery per second? What's my total speed increase in %? Up to how many meters can people hear the noise of my steps while walking, crouched or running? There are many things that could be listed in this sheet. This is a feature that many RPG games have.

Displaying more stats in the player’s profile – you have my support. But not all of them, just the main ones.

67. Shooting through walls needs to be consistent, and it should work on all surfaces if your penetration is high enough. There can still be a maximum angle you can shoot from, but the trajectory of the bullet shouldn't change when it hits a wall and penetrates it. Current system is inconsistent and most of the time doesn't work, but you should not shoot at walls most of the time even if you know where the enemy is exactly.

Tweaking the piercing system (the very objects on maps) would be a massive task.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

07.05.2019, 12:37

Please don't make s&d rounds longer. It is long enough, can take 19-20 minutes allready.

And please don't add mines to the minimap. this is not world of warcraft.

I would prefer NO minimap at all tbh.

The rest sounds pretty nice, go for it!

Here are my suggestions for part 4: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16427
Last edited by OneThreeOneTwo on 07.05.2019, 12:38, edited 2 times in total.
OneThreeOneTwo

07.05.2019, 13:47

OneThreeOneTwo wrote:It is long enough, can take 19-20 minutes allready.

What if people want longer matches than you? In counter-strike you have to get 16 round wins to win the match so that's like 30 rounds and the match can take up to 90 minutes, but 20 minutes is too much for Surva? xD
OneThreeOneTwo wrote:And please don't add mines to the minimap.

What is your counter-argument to this? Why not?
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

07.05.2019, 13:54

20,21,22minutes is allready 6-7-8minutes longer then any other gamemode.

if we Play 60 minutes s&d you should give x4times more spareparts and x4times more attachments too, will you?

mines in minimap makes players go to these "objectives" instead the real ones, or even act counter-communicative.
OneThreeOneTwo

07.05.2019, 14:06

OneThreeOneTwo wrote:mines in minimap makes players go to these "objectives" instead the real ones, or even act counter-communicative.

Mines on minimap would only show up to 3-5 meters as the suggestion reads, it's only for when you have the corresponding Technical tree skill.
OneThreeOneTwo wrote:if we Play 60 minutes s&d you should give x4times more spareparts and x4times more attachments too, will you?

I'm sure that you'd get four times more spare parts and whatever, but you would still get just 1 attachment for a win. This is how it works in Counter-Strike, people get just 1 award but lots of XP. And yes, I would, and I'm sure there are people who wouldn't.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

07.05.2019, 14:11

"as the suggestion reads", explosives shown with Scanners are on minimap too - this makes my counterargument still work.

im not sure about x4times more spareparts. i bet you get 10(+1) after a 60minutes match lol.

search&destroy is fine as it is. Read my Topic to see improvements that should be implementet.

But not 60minutes match with leavers, teamkillers, disconnecters, afk'ers, People who dont talk english and so on.
OneThreeOneTwo

07.05.2019, 14:24

Chandrian wrote:Mines on minimap would only show up to 3-5 meters as the suggestion reads, it's only for when you have the corresponding Technical tree skill.

I don't really see a point in showing mines on a minimap (when you have the appropriate skill) as they can be displayed as you move similar to when a sensor is thrown, assuming you have the skill. Negates the need for them to be on the minimap doesn't it?
joewillburn
Vostok Games

07.05.2019, 14:42

Many good ideas, but the sad thing is that prolly most of them will never be implemented.
wllayco

07.05.2019, 15:44

OneThreeOneTwo:if we Play 60 minutes s&d you should give x4times more spareparts and x4times more attachments too, will you?

Isn't it nice... The days were we talked about making a game more fun or anything, are gone. It's not about that anymore. It's about how much (god damn stupid) experience and silver we get. It all needs to be 100% fair and mathematically even. God forbids if a game takes 5 or 10 minutes longer then it was stated in the contract! If a player *invests* 15 minutes of his life time into a game he has the *right* to get X amount of silver/rep/exp in exchange. Fun? Go away! Interesting game play? Nahh!! Fair amount of any (idiooootic) currency? Yeeees.

It is impossible (from community perspective) to make any suggestion of how to make the game better or (from developer perspective) to introduce a revolutionary feature, because there will always be someone who thinks his *rights* are impinged.

But that's the kind of spirit you get if you publish a game which creates such a relationship between playing time and reward. Let me remember... How much silver did I get when playing 10 hours of Stalker straight? Zero. But it was fun :)) And that should be the only valid currency in a GAME.

tl;dr
My opinion: Longer rounds in S&D would be great. Because it would allow more tactical behaviour. Right now, it feels a bit jittery. Especially after the artifact is planted.
Last edited by jule on 07.05.2019, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.
jule

07.05.2019, 16:12

jule:
tl;dr
My opinion: Longer matches in S&D would be great.

i have never seen you in s&d tho. Come let's have a match 15minutes and see how much "interesting gameplay, techniques and tactics" you can offer lol

well, if the match takes 60 minutes and you get NO reward at all because you were "afk" 5minutes, or just not seeing an oponent and survived, it's kinda frustrating, no?
OneThreeOneTwo

07.05.2019, 16:27

@OneThreeOneTwo you could have been spotting me in S&D while the last event. I played probably around 150 matches. And just for the record: I played exactly one match today :D For scientific reasons^^

And I could tell you specific game play aspects that would become possible/better, if just the rounds would be a bit longer. lol

I agree, the 5 minutes AFK thingy is annoying and pure garbage. And it would have more frustration impact if a match *would* take 60 minutes.
jule

07.05.2019, 18:28

jule wrote:I agree, the 5 minutes AFK thingy is annoying and pure garbage. And it would have more frustration impact if a match *would* take 60 minutes.

All you need to do is be shot while moving or hit a target within 5 minutes and you don't get a penalty. Pretty easy. However, the rules of the AFK penalty in S&D work differently from the rest of the game. To make it more reasonable as the game mode requires a different approach.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

07.05.2019, 18:52

joewillburn:All you need to do is be shot while moving or hit a target within 5 minutes and you don't get a penalty.

Really? I just need to catch a shot? Or hit an enemy (even if I only deal like 10% damage or so)? Was that introduced recently? If so, I'd kindly retract my statement that you cited :)

Need to check that out now...
jule

07.05.2019, 20:43

jule wrote:Really? I just need to catch a shot? Or hit an enemy (even if I only deal like 10% damage or so)? Was that introduced recently? If so, I'd kindly retract my statement that you cited :)

Need to check that out now...

It's always been like this. If you die while moving or score +5 points in 5 minutes, you'll be considered active.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

07.05.2019, 22:41

Chandrian:
It's always been like this. If you die while moving or score +5 points in 5 minutes, you'll be considered active.

Oh while moving.. well xD If it still is as it always was, then I do not retract my statement ;) I mean in theory it actually sounds ok, but in practice...

But hey, Joe said that hitting a target within the 5 minutes is also enough. So that's wrong? It needs to be at least a kill assist?
jule

08.05.2019, 02:38

jule wrote:But hey, Joe said that hitting a target within the 5 minutes is also enough. So that's wrong? It needs to be at least a kill assist?

Needs to be kill assist, yes, because that's what gives you +5 points. But you can get +5 points in other ways, for example for throwing a sensor, it spots the enemy and someone kills him = +5 points. For marking batteries, for capturing a unit or defending it...
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

08.05.2019, 16:55

Chandrian:
Needs to be kill assist, yes, because that's what gives you +5 points. But you can get +5 points in other ways, for example for throwing a sensor, it spots the enemy and someone kills him = +5 points. For marking batteries, for capturing a unit or defending it...

Yeahp ok. Thanks for the answer :)

So just for the sake of completeness, I wanna yell a little something into the void (maybe someone heres it) --> Why doesn't the game just open a little dialog window saying "press this button to confirm that you are not inactive. 10 seconds left...". This dialog could pop up once the player was considered inactive for 5 minutes. If he presses the button within the next 10 seconds, he is not considered inactive anymore. The window's position could be at a random position of the screen, just to make it a little less harder to cheat it.

Edit: Another idea. Give 5 points for collecting an artifact / destroying an anomaly. That's how it's used to be anyway :) This would not only help you to get a better score even if the MM fucked up the balancing again, but it would also show the game that you are not inactive. It's kinda an abstraction of the confirmation window idea above.
Last edited by jule on 11.05.2019, 12:13, edited 2 times in total.
jule

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to In-Game Locations