View Replays

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

13.06.2015, 19:25

Beamrun:
Thank you e78, but this is hopelessly outdated information. Svfan no longer provides replays.

I will update the guide when replays work again, for now the only option you have is the client side journal file but this is very limited compared to the replays.

If you want to play back a match you just finished then quit the game make a copy of the file \Documents\survarium\Survarium_<username>.journal file. you can then play it back using the command "-replay_journal=Survarium_<username>" from a game shortcut. As it is client side it will only be from your own view and does not have the features of replays.

Leki
Supertester

17.06.2015, 14:02

Am I right in thinking that this tool (when it's available) is the only way to take "clean" screenshots of the game? ie no HUD showing or weapon, because I've looked at the game options and I cant find any commands to remove HUD or lower weapon, so I'm kind of guessing that screens I've seen of Survarium just showing scenery etc require the replay function to get those kind of shots?
sixtyg

17.06.2015, 14:05

sixtyg:Am I right in thinking that this tool (when it's available) is the only way to take "clean" screenshots of the game? ie no HUD showing or weapon, because I've looked at the game options and I cant find any commands to remove HUD or lower weapon, so I'm kind of guessing that screens I've seen of Survarium just showing scenery etc require the replay function to get those kind of shots?

open console and type ui off

Leki
Supertester

19.06.2015, 13:33

Will the replays be aviable today?
Bullseye2

19.06.2015, 19:42

bulleye2:Will the replays be aviable today?

I would also prefer to see that feature soon. =) Cheaters are overrunning the survivors' world.
Beamrun

22.06.2015, 18:30

Replays now works!

Use my tool: Survarium ReplayeR for watching match replays!
http://surv.knyazev-tools.ru/replayer/

You can use service: Download match replay by match_id (right side in the my site)

How to use:
1. Unzip Survarium ReplayeR.exe to any folder.
2. Run Survarium ReplayeR.exe. By default, the utility will load the list of matches from the game log. If you have two versions of the game, you will need to select one (no-Steam or Steam version) by toggling the switch in the upper part of the utility. You can also manually select the log file of the game (by clicking on the button with the folder icon).
3. If the log of the last game session contains information about the last matches, then in the utility table will display a list of matches: number, match ID, match level, location and approximate date of the match.
4. To download or watch the desired match replay select the match from the list and click the appropriate button to the right or use the context menu by clicking right mouse button on the selected match.
5. Attention! Each restart of the game resets the log of the last played matches. Therefore, after you have played a certain number of matches, closing the game, you need to run the ReplayeR so that the last matches were added into the database, to ensure that you have not lost a single match.

Thanks.
Last edited by Knyazev on 22.06.2015, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
Knyazev
Alpha squad
Supertester
Supertester

23.06.2015, 09:34

thank you Knyazev,but....error 404,what is it?

1. mach error 404
2.mach work fine

how to look otker player play in my mach?
Last edited by Shangry La The Boss on 23.06.2015, 09:39, edited 1 time in total.
Shangry La The Boss

23.06.2015, 10:27

Shangry La The Boss:thank you Knyazev,but....error 404,what is it?

1. mach error 404
2.mach work fine

how to look otker player play in my mach?

I don't know.

You can use this method for downloading the match replays.
http://survarium.com/replay/?id=*match_id*

http://survarium.com/replay/?id=
Knyazev
Alpha squad
Supertester
Supertester

23.06.2015, 11:33

***could an admin replace the text on the first page with the following updated info, thx***

http://svfan.ru/assets/i/news/4-replays.jpg

In Survarium you can now download and view the replays of a whole match from any perspective or player!

It's an amazing tool to inspect other players, watching back a great game from different perspectives or finding bugs etc.

If you want to view your own matches you will need the match ID number, The match ID number gets logged in your \Documents\survarium\Survarium_<username>.log text file. It is important to note that this file gets overwritten each time you run the game so you need to make sure you make a note of any match ID numbers before running the game for a second time. For example if you play 3 matches then the log file will contain the 3 match ID numbers, however if the game crashes or you quit you will need to get the match ID numbers straight away as if you run the game again the log file will be wiped and you will not know what the match ID numbers were.

There are a few ways to get the match ID numbers,

Method 1:
The easiest way is to use Knyazev's "Survarium ReplayeR" program which will read the log file for you each time you run the program and make a database of all your matches. Just remember to run the program each time you have finished playing survarium or if the game crashes.

To download the tool go to http://surv.knyazev-tools.ru/replayer/ the page is in Russian but just scroll to the bottom and click the blue download link and then follow the translated instructions below.

How to use:
2. Run Survarium ReplayeR.exe. By default, the utility will load the list of matches from the game log. If you have two versions of the game, you will need to select one (no-Steam or Steam version) by toggling the switch in the upper part of the utility. You can also manually select the log file of the game (by clicking on the button with the folder icon).
3. If the log of the last game session contains information about the last matches, then in the utility table will display a list of matches: number, match ID, match level, location and approximate date of the match.
4. To download or watch the desired match replay select the match from the list and click the appropriate button to the right or use the context menu by clicking right mouse button on the selected match.
5. Attention! Each restart of the game resets the log of the last played matches. Therefore, after you have played a certain number of matches, closing the game, you need to run the ReplayeR so that the last matches were added into the database, to ensure that you have not lost a single match.

Method 2:
If you don't want to use Knyazev's "Survarium ReplayeR" program then you can open \Documents\survarium\Survarium_<username>.log in a text editor such as notepad and then press CTRL+F and search for "Match id". Look for the number next to it and then add the number to the end of http://survarium.com/replay/?id=

So for example if you wanted to share a replay with match ID 2570333 on the forum you can could just give the link http://survarium.com/replay/?id=2570333

---

Once you have downloaded the replay file double click it and it will launch the game. Once the match has loaded press F11 to bring up the HUD and click on a players name name.

Controls:
F11 to bring up clickable HUD (disables some free cam controls)
F1 First person view
F2 Free cam
F3 Third person view
F5 view previous player
F6 view next player
W,A,S,D free cam movement
Shift hold for slow freecam movement
Ctrl hold for Fast freecam movement
Mouse Left click forward freecam (only works with F11 off)
Mouse right click backwards free cam (only works with F11 off)
Tab show scoreboard/map
Alt hold to show friendly player names

If you have problems playing a replay file by double clicking it you can try the shortcut method as a work around to play the replay.

Create a windows shortcut to (default, if you installed the client elsewhere you will need to alter the file path to match):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Survarium\game\binaries\x86\survarium.exe" -localization=english -product_name=Survarium -match_replay="C:\Program Files (x86)\Survarium\XXXXXXX.sur"

If you installed the game to a different location than default then change the path, also you must save the replay file in to the game folder and change the XXXXXXX part of the path with the match number on the replay file. Then Double click the shortcut to load the replay.

Once a new version of the game comes out old replay files will not be able to be played in the new version of the game. If you have replay files you want to keep or watch but there is a patch out then before patching the game you can make a copy of the Survarium game folder to another location and call it something like survarium29b. Then use the shortcut method to point to the location you made a copy of the game to play the file. If you have replay files that you don't know what version of the game they require then you can open the replay file in something like notepad and it will say the version at the top.

The replay feature does have a lot of bugs --> https://forum.survarium.com/en/viewtopi ... =27&t=6011
And it could also do with a few features --> https://forum.survarium.com/en/viewtopi ... =30&t=5955
Last edited by Leki on 23.06.2015, 11:34, edited 1 time in total.

Leki
Supertester

23.06.2015, 14:06

Leki:***could an admin replace the text on the first page with the following updated info, thx***

Done.
str0lek

23.06.2015, 15:22

Error 404 on the tool and on the page too.
Bullseye2

23.06.2015, 15:30

bulleye2:Error 404 on the tool and on the page too.

Same here Error 404
William-g

23.06.2015, 15:39

bulleye2:Error 404 on the tool and on the page too.

There is currently a problem with the replay download script redirecting to NA server instead for one of the EU servers but you can manually get around the problem.

see the responses I did on viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8416 to get around the 404 error
Last edited by Leki on 23.06.2015, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.

Leki
Supertester

23.06.2015, 16:05

Knyazev:Replays now works!

Use my tool: Survarium ReplayeR for watching match replays!
http://surv.knyazev-tools.ru/replayer/

You can use service: Download match replay by match_id (right side in the my site)

How to use:

Thanks.

Nice tool, well done Knyazev!
Elden Loren
Explorer

24.06.2015, 08:31

Knyazev:Replays now works! ...

Thank you for bringing this back.
How did this happen BTW? Some agreement between you and VG of sharing data? How long will it take for a replay to appear on the site? Do you expect that the feature will be down again with the next update?

EDIT:
I would like to find a match by time / screenshot. I make screenshots after each game (game results), but I don't see a field there stating matchID. Can I find a replay based on time instead?
Last edited by Beamrun on 24.06.2015, 08:38, edited 1 time in total.
Beamrun

24.06.2015, 09:05

I also can't find field named "Match id" in my .log file. So the program shows empty table all the time.

Incendio

24.06.2015, 11:53

Beamrun:
Thank you for bringing this back.
How did this happen BTW? Some agreement between you and VG of sharing data? How long will it take for a replay to appear on the site? Do you expect that the feature will be down again with the next update?

EDIT:
I would like to find a match by time / screenshot. I make screenshots after each game (game results), but I don't see a field there stating matchID. Can I find a replay based on time instead?

Anyone is free to download replays from the survarium game servers so no agreement is needed, the replay is usually available to download right after the match is finished. It shouldn't go down unless vostok break replays on the game servers again, svfan took a long time to update as they had to download and read each file to get scores and player names into his own database which took awhile.

You are best off taking a screenshot at the end scoreboard while still in game (where you can view each player) and then you will know what map it is. The time is in the log file though so Knyazev could update his program to add it.

Kojack07:I also can't find field named "Match id" in my .log file. So the program shows empty table all the time.

Play a match and then quit the game, don't run the game again until you have done method 1 or 2 to find the match id.

Leki
Supertester

24.06.2015, 12:02

is there any controls inside the replay? like fast forward, change camera view 1st person 3rd person, lock on player
those would help alot to track cheaters
Akbaar

24.06.2015, 12:13

Akbaar:is there any controls inside the replay? like fast forward, change camera view 1st person 3rd person, lock on player

Press F11 while in replay to toggle controls. Has the features you listed, with the exception of third person. But it has free cam. I don't think there are many useful keyboard config associations for the controls though, so you have to do it with mouse. Still, I've determined that some F keys do something.

Leki:
/---/ You are best off taking a screenshot at the end scoreboard while still in game (where you can view each player) and then you will know what map it is. The time is in the log file though so Knyazev could update his program to add it. /---/

I would very much like that.

Knyazev:

Knyazev, could you do that, please? Would be quite useful for older replays. Searching by username would also be great. Even better if there was a feature where you could enter several parameters, such as two player names, map name, time range, game type. Could find any match then.
Otherwise, the replayer works great for me. Thanks again! And I hope you consider implementing some of these additional features.
Last edited by Beamrun on 24.06.2015, 12:14, edited 3 times in total.
Beamrun

24.06.2015, 12:14

Akbaar:is there any controls inside the replay? like fast forward, change camera view 1st person 3rd person, lock on player

yes read the guide i wrote in the first post, although some keys have been broken in this patch.

Leki
Supertester

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion