View Replays

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

05.01.2015, 12:47

http://i.imgur.com/31isbJh.jpg

In Survarium you can download and view the replays of a whole match from any perspective or player!

It's an amazing tool to inspect other players for cheating, watching back a great game from different perspectives or finding bugs etc and the files are only small at around 1MB in size.

There are a few ways to get the replay files from matches, here are 3 possible methods:

Method 1:

The easiest way is to use a website like http://surv.knyazev-tools.ru/stats/?lang=english
Go to the search bar and type in your own username (case sensitive) or another players username and you will see all matches that he has played and you can then download the replay from any match.
Other similar sites you can use are:
http://en.svfan.ru/
https://survarium.pro/#!/english

Method 2:

If you don't want to use the websites or they are down or not updating due to new patches then you can use Knyazev's "Survarium ReplayeR" program which will read your survarium log file for you each time you run the program or you can leave the program running in the background and it will automatically add each match as you play and make a database of all your matches.

To download the tool and read the guide on using the program go to http://surv.knyazev-tools.ru/en/replayer/

Method 3:

If you don't want to use Knyazev's "Survarium ReplayeR" program then after a match you can get the match ID number from the end of round score screen or if you have closed the game without getting the match ID you can open \Documents\survarium\Survarium_<windows_username>.log in a text editor such as notepad and then press CTRL+F and search for "Match id". Keep searching through until you find the match you want and look for the number next to it and then add that match id number to the end of http://survarium.com/replay/?id=

So for example if you wanted to share a replay with match ID 2570333 on the forum you can could just give the link http://survarium.com/replay/?id=2570333

It is important to note that the "Survarium_<windows_username>.log" file gets overwritten each time you run the game so you need to make sure you make a note of any match ID numbers before running the game for a second time. For example if you play 3 matches then the log file will contain the 3 match ID numbers, however if the game crashes or you quit you will need to get the match ID numbers straight away as if you run the game again the log file will be wiped and you will not know what the match ID numbers were unless you use the websites in method 1.

---

Once you have downloaded the replay file double click it and it will launch the game. Once the match has loaded press F11 to bring up the HUD and click on a players name.

Controls:
F11 to bring up clickable HUD (disables some free cam controls)
F1 First person view
F2 Free cam
F3 Third person view
F5 view previous player
F6 view next player
W,A,S,D free cam movement
Shift hold for slow freecam movement
Ctrl hold for Fast freecam movement
Alt hold for slow mouse turning in freecam (only works with F11 off)
Move mouse to look around (only works in freecam mode with F11 off or by holding Alt)
Mouse Left click forward freecam (only works with F11 off or by holding Alt)
Mouse right click backwards free cam (only works with F11 off or by holding Alt)
Tab show scoreboard/map
Alt hold to show friendly player names (only works in first/third person view)

While in Third person view you can scroll in and out with the mouse wheel and rotate around the player using the mouse, by default the camera will not pass through walls but you can disable that by opening the console with Tilde key and then typing "disable_camera_collision on" and then press enter.

---

If you have problems playing a replay file by double clicking it, for example you get the error "replay of other engine version is used" then you can use Knyazev's "Survarium ReplayeR tool in method 2 above to play the file by typing the match ID into the program and clicking play or by clicking the "View downloaded replays" button and then adding the replay file to the program and click play.

If you don't want to use his program you can try the shortcut method as a work around to play the replay file.

Create a windows shortcut to (default, if you installed the client elsewhere you will need to alter the file path to match):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Survarium\game\binaries\x86\survarium.exe" -localization=english -product_name=Survarium -match_replay="C:\Program Files (x86)\Survarium\XXXXXXX.sur"

If you installed the game to a different location than default then change the path, also you must save the replay file in to the game folder and change the XXXXXXX part of the path with the match number on the replay file. Then Double click the shortcut to load the replay.

Once a new version of the game comes out old replay files will usually not be able to be played in the new version of the game. If you have replay files you want to keep or watch but there is a patch out then before patching the game you can make a copy of the Survarium game folder to another location and call it something like survarium34a. Then use the shortcut method to point to the location where you made a copy of the game to play the file. If you have replay files that you don't know what version of the game they require then you can open the replay file in something like notepad and it will say the version at the top.

If you want to fix replay problems permanently or have any other problems or questions then post a comment here and I (Leki) or someone else will help.
Last edited by joewillburn on 15.02.2016, 15:44, edited 12 times in total.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

06.01.2015, 10:13

Admins can you add the following after the controls section but before the "Once a new version of the game comes out..." section

If you have problems playing a replay file by double clicking it you can try the shortcut method as a work around to play the replay.

Create a windows shortcut to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Survarium\game\binaries\x86\survarium.exe" -localization=english -product_name=Survarium -match_replay="C:\Program Files (x86)\Survarium\SvFanRU-XXXXXX.sur"

If you installed the game to a different location than default then change the path, also you must save the replay file in to the game folder and change the XXXXXX part of the path with the match number on the replay file. Then Double click the shortcut to load the replay.

And at the bottom can you fix the links and replace it with:

The replay feature does have a few bugs you should be aware of --> viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6011
And it could also do with a few features --> viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5955

Thanks

Leki
Supertester

06.01.2015, 11:16

Done, cheers Leki.
Gamertech
Survivor

06.01.2015, 11:53

I'm learning a lot about how to play this game from the top players with this function - even after nine months!
To me it is the most valuable update so far ;o)
trouble_every_day
Supermoderator

07.01.2015, 12:59

Is there a way to show the enemies' icon?
I remember of having seen a video where a sort of macro was added to the replay feature, it showed the enemies and the batteries inside a box.
Omid

07.01.2015, 14:25

Not that I'm currently aware of Omid.
Gamertech
Survivor

07.01.2015, 15:33

Gamertech:Not that I'm currently aware of Omid.

OK, thank you anyway :)
Omid

09.01.2015, 09:34

Also take consideration that some of the players using some voice chat like teamspeak. It can cause questions like how did he know that i was behind him or i was in the room etc... and you can't see this from the replay. So just think before report somebody. Also there are experienced, good players who know the most popular camp areas or the ways to get behind the enemies... Btw i love this new feature this replay thing and it is useful but don't judge too fast.
Street-xTp

09.01.2015, 09:36

Street-xTp:...

Don't worry, we know how to idenfity cheaters and have experience in it.
str0lek

09.01.2015, 09:54

I'm pretty sure about it don't worry :) I'm just telling to the players so you might have less wrong report to check.
Street-xTp

09.01.2015, 10:03

Street-xTp:I'm pretty sure about it don't worry :) I'm just telling to the players so you might have less wrong report to check.

I see ;)
str0lek

12.01.2015, 13:07

It will be really neat if they can add icons for the enemy players, so it's easier to catch ESP users.
str0lek

12.01.2015, 15:18

This post by Leki has reminded me about the video that I saw and made me ask here above if it was possible to see the enemies in the replay throught the replay:

Leki [ viewtopic.php?p=131738#p131738 ]:Would be easier to view these replays with being able to see enemy players so that you can see what he is really seeing. On the russian forum some of the guys use ESP cheats while viewing the replays so that they can detect the cheaters easier. Don't know if you guys do that but might be an idea with you having to watch all these replays everyone is posting.

It's very useful, but I don't want to search and download those cheats, even if the purpose is legit (using them in the replay ONLY). They may contain malware too...
I hope that they're going to add a similar feature to the system.
Last edited by Omid on 12.01.2015, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
Omid

16.02.2015, 12:48

Hi guys !
Is there a way to get rid of the shaky sight on the 1st person view ?
Darkandgel

16.02.2015, 16:49

Darkandgel:Hi guys !
Is there a way to get rid of the shaky sight on the 1st person view ?

no, hopefully 0.27 will have some replay bugs fixed. Make sure you have the little camera icon selected though in the bottom left just under time line.

Leki
Supertester

16.02.2015, 17:02

A big thanks to you Leki, ticking this icon helped a lot :)
Darkandgel

21.02.2015, 06:34

Hey, did they change the replay program to 0.27 already? I just tried to view a couple matches I played just a few hours ago and get "other engine version" error.

Edit: never mind, it is updated but you can still play 0.26i matches using the shortcut method in Joe's post. :)
Last edited by Number Three on 21.02.2015, 06:46, edited 1 time in total.

Number Three

21.02.2015, 13:37

@Number Three

if you installed the 0.27 PTS it will defaulted to load up with that instead, you would have to edit the registry to fix it or for now use the shortcut method like you have done until 0.27 is out on the main client which should update the registry.

Leki
Supertester

22.02.2015, 16:40

Leki:@Number Three

if you installed the 0.27 PTS it will defaulted to load up with that instead, you would have to edit the registry to fix it or for now use the shortcut method like you have done until 0.27 is out on the main client which should update the registry.
Maybe you have some certain guide how to do it? Because I understand what is the issue here, however no clue where to edit registry to make it open via v0.26 client.

I have found the exact patch where you need to edit commands:
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6562&p=140990#p140990
afGan+:Exact patch where you need to edit values to be able to play replays:

Start>regedit.exe
Search - "Survarium"

In "Computer>HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT>.sur>default">click modify

Value must be:
Survarium.Replay

In "Computer>HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT>Survarium.Replay>Shell>default"> click modify

Command must be:
cmd /v:on /e:on /q /s /c "set vostok_counter=0& (for /f "skip=2 tokens=1,2,3" %%i in ('reg query "HKCU\Software\Vostok Games\Survarium" /v "language" /t REG_DWORD') do ((if !vostok_counter! EQU 0 (set vostok_localization_index=%%k& set /a "vostok_localization_id=!vostok_localization_index:~2!"& set vostok_localizations=english russian ukrainian german polish& set i=0& for %%v in (!vostok_localizations!) do ( (if !i! EQU !vostok_localization_id! set vostok_localization=%%v) & set /a i=!i!+1)))& set /a vostok_counter=!vostok_counter!+1)) & pushd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Survarium\game\binaries\x86" & start survarium.exe -product_name="Survarium" -localization=!vostok_localization! -match_replay="%1""
Last edited by afGan+ on 22.02.2015, 17:08, edited 2 times in total.
afGan+

23.02.2015, 19:43

Does this not work right now?
IronSymphony
Explorer

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion