Your own place

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

07.08.2013, 23:31

I really like the idea the OP has, it would add so much more depth to ones own experience.
ToxicM

11.08.2013, 05:27

Great idea, but I think it'd be better to have the camps or strongholds and all those should only be a guild benefit - for lore-friendly reasons and another reason which I will mention.
If you think about it, it's a lot less realistic and very silly if every person had his own castle, let alone his own house. However, if every guild had their own base, it'd be more possible. Materials would be quite abundant but you need a lot of it, so having a guild makes it much much faster, the base would have an actual use (compared to player-owned homes where it would be useless, just a fun thing on the side) and can play a good role in guild PvP.
And you could like recruit NPCs to protect the base during non-PvP times. This can reduce the mutants and hostiles you find when exiting the base.
Players who are not a member of the guild could take shelter in the base for a small fee, thus being a source of income for the guild. This could also be an economy. Players can salvage materials and sell them to guilds, giving the players income and the guild more materials.

TL;DR: guild-owned homes are a lot better for the game IMO.
Maverickov

12.08.2013, 07:33

I'm pretty sure player dwellings would be a pretty eventual aspect of clan v clan warfare, much like STALKER Online (SZone Online) or World of Tanks. Here's to hoping.

Wish Granter
Explorer

15.08.2013, 18:21

I would love to see some sort of clan housing. Being able to defend it against other clans or waves of mutants would be truly epic
jimykx

16.08.2013, 02:37

jimykx:I would love to see some sort of clan housing. Being able to defend it against other clans or waves of mutants would be truly epic

This would be cool. Lets say you lose the battle for your camp/housing to another clan or mutants.
I'd have your whole clan kicked out of the dwelling for a real-time day so you have to roam the map and hope to survive but after that day they can come back to their camp and take automatic ownership of it again.
So it'd be like a quest to conquer another clan's camp but you don't get to keep it, you just get experience and loot.
trouble_every_day
Supermoderator

16.08.2013, 21:17

trouble_every_day:

This would be cool. Lets say you lose the battle for your camp/housing to another clan or mutants.
I'd have your whole clan kicked out of the dwelling for a real-time day so you have to roam the map and hope to survive but after that day they can come back to their camp and take automatic ownership of it again.
So it'd be like a quest to conquer another clan's camp but you don't get to keep it, you just get experience and loot.

Yeah that is a good idea the defending clan would have the home field advantage being able to fortify your camps with cover and traps,making it a challenge if your attacking a stronghold.And to the people that use the session based excuse (in every thread)Dayz is session based it uses the muiltiplayer from arma2 so you can have stuff and stats saved.But i do agree that it would have to be a seprate map to help with lag and so people don't fill maps with little camps.

Looking at this wallpaper that's probably what they will do.
http://survarium.com/en/wallpaper/return-base
Dr_Killinger
Veteran

24.08.2013, 08:36

Enji:Am sorry for making new topic for this but am thinking for having your own place in this world. To be honest i really love places like your own house, base, castle and so on, what you clean from enemies, keep, upgrade, fix and defend. Ofc you may put some restrictions like you need specific number of ppl what you need to create base, what materials you need to have, place around to be completely cleared from you and your friends, to keep control over this territory for some time. After you defend your right to be there, to keep this small territory for you and your friends, you may use millions variants and ideas. Some NPC to come and to offer they help for your home, to open stores from what you earn in game and in missions, to make new trade routes, to be attracted from different groups to be they members and to use your house/base like they post, to fight for your territory with other factions and millions more ideas. When you keep and support your own place, you will spend a lot hours of upgrading it, installing mechanisms, defence systems, inviting friends to rest there, and so on... so on. Like option in Survarium this will be great.

I like your idea :thumbsup:
And ofc required numbers od ppl needed to access some more options,like additional storages, more resources sources, beter defences, workshops etc.
Djolus

28.08.2013, 12:03

The game lobby will basically be your 'house' in the game with the options for some customisation.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

28.08.2013, 12:12

joewillburn:The game lobby will basically be your 'house' in the game with the options for some customisation.

but can it let you walk around it and let other peeps in?

that is the questions -w-
BurezuWolf

28.08.2013, 12:14

BurezuWolf:
but can it let you walk around it and let other peeps in?

that is the questions -w-

Unfortunately not. It is simply for aesthetics and has no impact on the game
joewillburn
Vostok Games

28.08.2013, 12:15

joewillburn:

Unfortunately not. It is simply for aesthetics and has no impact on the game

:c ok then,..

well thats it for the 'your place' idea :/

and joe, that was a super fast reply o_o
BurezuWolf

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Return to Game Discussion