Your own place

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

19.07.2013, 08:17

the problem with MUD would be that its missing the entire point of tying in with the game, like characters and thier gear, clan progress and maybe tournament wins if it would be something like that

And i think creating a level editor for the community to use would take longer to create a few rooms from assets they already have.
Terrox
Survivor

19.07.2013, 11:33

Terrox:the problem with MUD would be that its missing the entire point of tying in with the game

^dat
Grephen

19.07.2013, 17:16

Starioshka:How about no? How about we loot them anarchists. Purge their dirty houses and build our own.
EDIT:
Also I have an Idea.
How about you remove ALL safezones, so noone can run in and stand around doing nothing. It would be much nicer if player would have to organise their own trade centers, so a known small village or military warehouse could become hub of trading, but there would be no NPC guards or anything, players would HIRE other players to protect the place from unwanted guests. So like some guy could lend land in that area and players who want to trade their items could stand around without much risk of getting shot and looted or getting *fucked over*.
Now you ask "why would I go to that territory to trade"? Well you always go to safe zone to trade, so you don't get robbed by a scamer, or randomly attacked by some bandit, this alone would attract many players to that zone. Factions would have much more things to fight over, they could fight over a popular zone so they could sell that land to traders too.

yeah except for the simple fact that it will never work. your "hired guards" would just shoot you and your trading partner down and steal everything.
godlikepieman

19.07.2013, 17:44

yeah it would be a good idea. ive seen in RUST (a game made by the same guy who made gmod and is dayz, minecraft, and stalker inspired) how building a house works, you can have something like that to build things with. and every piece would have a health bar. and the more parts there are the higher chance of it attracting mutants. like for instance putting just a foundation down would have 2% chance of attracting mutants every day. and every piece after that would add 2% so adding more and more to your place puts it in more and more risk of being attacked. but adding pieces like a gunsmith and crafting tables would add 10% chance of attracting mutants every day. so lets say you have a two level building with 9 foundations and some short walls covering the top for cover, a fully walled in bottom floor with a food, ammo, and med storage with a crafting table. you would have a 116% chance of being attacked by mutants. meaning it you will ALWAYS face a mutant attack, and on occasion, two packs of mutants from 2 sides at once. and every piece has a health bar. over time it would become too costly to defend the base because of the constant resource usage required just to keep the walls up. lets say you decide to remove unnecessary pieces for a lower chance. like the top floor. that would remove 36 from that percentage. which would leave you with an 80% chance of being attacked every day. meaning it would be very rare for you not to be attacked. and with percentages nearing 150% npc's would start telling tales of your outpost to other people and it would be marked on the player map. meaning you also have to deal with people constantly coming to loot your place. and around 200% massive assaults would be launched against your outpost by hordes of bandits or, depending on which side of politics your leaning on. the opposite side would attack you. like lets say you are more fringe settler and scavenger oriented. the renaissance army and black market would send large attacks against you. im thinking atleast 36 npc's would be sent at a time. doesnt sound such a good idea to set up this massive fortress now does it? youll constantly deal with hordes of mutants and even the very forest attacking your outpost. if you lean too much on a certain side of politics you will be facing invasion. bandits will constantly plan assaults against you. youll have to constantly deal with players coming to your base whether to ask to join or to raid you. which could be a positive/ negative thing on both sides. because if you reject someone they could tell others of how your defenses are. or if you accept them they might just be a drain of resources. or if your raided by newbies you will gain resources from their ignorance. or if they are seasoned pro's they could really take out some people and really put a dent in your defenses. or if successful. take all of your resources and leave you nearly defenseless. which with a constant mutant and bandit attack NEVER a good idea. and if you reach around 300% anomalies would be placed around you. which could be a positive or negative thing. pros, you get artifacts and some defense against players. cons they could be too close and even in your base. and if they touch your base they will destroy the pieces they touch over time. so make your choice survivor. do you want to have just a small hideout to take a breather for a minute or a fortress under constant attack?
godlikepieman

19.07.2013, 17:48

godlikepieman:yeah it would be a good idea. ive seen in RUST (a game made by the same guy who made gmod and is dayz, minecraft, and stalker inspired) how building a house works, you can have something like that to build things with. and every piece would have a health bar. and the more parts there are the higher chance of it attracting mutants. like for instance putting just a foundation down would have 2% chance of attracting mutants every day. and every piece after that would add 2% so adding more and more to your place puts it in more and more risk of being attacked. but adding pieces like a gunsmith and crafting tables would add 10% chance of attracting mutants every day. so lets say you have a two level building with 9 foundations and some short walls covering the top for cover, a fully walled in bottom floor with a food, ammo, and med storage with a crafting table. you would have a 116% chance of being attacked by mutants. meaning it you will ALWAYS face a mutant attack, and on occasion, two packs of mutants from 2 sides at once. and every piece has a health bar. over time it would become too costly to defend the base because of the constant resource usage required just to keep the walls up. lets say you decide to remove unnecessary pieces for a lower chance. like the top floor. that would remove 36 from that percentage. which would leave you with an 80% chance of being attacked every day. meaning it would be very rare for you not to be attacked. and with percentages nearing 150% npc's would start telling tales of your outpost to other people and it would be marked on the player map. meaning you also have to deal with people constantly coming to loot your place. and around 200% massive assaults would be launched against your outpost by hordes of bandits or, depending on which side of politics your leaning on. the opposite side would attack you. like lets say you are more fringe settler and scavenger oriented. the renaissance army and black market would send large attacks against you. im thinking atleast 36 npc's would be sent at a time. doesnt sound such a good idea to set up this massive fortress now does it? youll constantly deal with hordes of mutants and even the very forest attacking your outpost. if you lean too much on a certain side of politics you will be facing invasion. bandits will constantly plan assaults against you. youll have to constantly deal with players coming to your base whether to ask to join or to raid you. which could be a positive/ negative thing on both sides. because if you reject someone they could tell others of how your defenses are. or if you accept them they might just be a drain of resources. or if your raided by newbies you will gain resources from their ignorance. or if they are seasoned pro's they could really take out some people and really put a dent in your defenses. or if successful. take all of your resources and leave you nearly defenseless. which with a constant mutant and bandit attack NEVER a good idea. and if you reach around 300% anomalies would be placed around you. which could be a positive or negative thing. pros, you get artifacts and some defense against players. cons they could be too close and even in your base. and if they touch your base they will destroy the pieces they touch over time. so make your choice survivor. do you want to have just a small hideout to take a breather for a minute or a fortress under constant attack?

atleast use paragraphs,.. please @-@
BurezuWolf

19.07.2013, 19:36

BurezuWolf:atleast use paragraphs,.. please @-@

And he could use capital letters at the start of the sentence.

I bashed him already in his own thread. NOBODY will want to read such a jumbled mess. WHY do people just type along without thinking if their message is clear enough to read?
BlaineCraner

19.07.2013, 19:49

I swear, this wall of text is smoother than the ones simian makes.
Like, you can build a beatiful house out of it.
Next time i'm posting something long, im gonna do the same thing this guy did, but with windows, i swear! xD
Last edited by Grephen on 19.07.2013, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
Grephen

19.07.2013, 19:59

Rat:Next time i'm posting something long, im gonna do the same thing this guy did, but with windows, i swear! xD

No. No you won't. (ಠ益ಠ)
BlaineCraner

20.07.2013, 02:54

Rat:I swear, this wall of text is smoother than the ones simian makes.
Like, you can build a beatiful house out of it.
Next time i'm posting something long, im gonna do the same thing this guy did, but with windows, i swear! xD

atleast simian uses paragraphs ._.
BurezuWolf

20.07.2013, 09:25

BlaineCraner:

No. No you won't. (ಠ益ಠ)

I did xD

BurezuWolf:
atleast simian uses paragraphs ._.

Yep.
Grephen

20.07.2013, 10:02

I cant read that wall of text its a real tl;dr moment xD
N1mbl3
Explorer

20.07.2013, 19:57

What about a made-up place, you know, like, it can be called Tungusia xD
Thee STALKER

21.07.2013, 05:30

Thee STALKER:What about a made-up place, you know, like, it can be called Tungusia xD

what made-up place,. can you specify,.. and explain it a lil bit further,.?
BurezuWolf

24.07.2013, 17:36

My place would be some giant building called -Arena-.
Everyone can compete in Arena(Renaissance Army,Black Market and others),you can battle with all players and mutants.
If you kill some amount of people and mutants you can get achievements and some amount of money.
Of course you need to pay to get in Arena.Clans would battle too(3vs3 or 5vs5).Arena would have different parts(part where you can practice to shoot,or part to battle versus mutants and humans).Rooms in Arena would have different quarters.
Matej92

24.07.2013, 18:34

Matej92:My place would be some giant building called -Arena-.
Everyone can compete in Arena(Renaissance Army,Black Market and others),you can battle with all players and mutants.
If you kill some amount of people and mutants you can get achievements and some amount of money.
Of course you need to pay to get in Arena.Clans would battle too(3vs3 or 5vs5).Arena would have different parts(part where you can practice to shoot,or part to battle versus mutants and humans).Rooms in Arena would have different quarters.

I don't think you get it, man...
Grephen

25.07.2013, 00:39

Matej92:My place would be some giant building called -Arena-.

isnt that like,. the already planned PvP and co-op?

but it seems like you mixed those two,.. ._.
BurezuWolf

25.07.2013, 16:22

Hail Caesar! Those who are about to die are saluting you.

Sorry I just had to.
l0ner

25.07.2013, 16:25

Faxxy:Hail Caesar! Those who are about to die are saluting you.

Sorry I just had to.

i sense that you're annoyed right now haha
BurezuWolf

25.07.2013, 16:27

No, just the Arena thing reminds me of the Gladiators.
l0ner

25.07.2013, 16:30

Faxxy:No, just the Arena thing reminds me of the Gladiators.

owh sry,. once again,. i get the wrong idea :D yay me
BurezuWolf

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Return to Game Discussion