Your own place

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

06.04.2013, 14:52

Am sorry for making new topic for this but am thinking for having your own place in this world. To be honest i really love places like your own house, base, castle and so on, what you clean from enemies, keep, upgrade, fix and defend. Ofc you may put some restrictions like you need specific number of ppl what you need to create base, what materials you need to have, place around to be completely cleared from you and your friends, to keep control over this territory for some time. After you defend your right to be there, to keep this small territory for you and your friends, you may use millions variants and ideas. Some NPC to come and to offer they help for your home, to open stores from what you earn in game and in missions, to make new trade routes, to be attracted from different groups to be they members and to use your house/base like they post, to fight for your territory with other factions and millions more ideas. When you keep and support your own place, you will spend a lot hours of upgrading it, installing mechanisms, defence systems, inviting friends to rest there, and so on... so on. Like option in Survarium this will be great.
Enji

06.04.2013, 15:12

Clan/Guild Camps like i proposed at the suggestions Forum! A Place you can build from a piece of open Ground or suitable Ruins to an full Faction base with Workshops for easier/improved Crafting and resource Gathering like self planted Plants, a small mine or a nearby Village to Scavenge Materials from which is also the spawnpoint for Mutants which WILL attack the Camp the longer you or anyone else stays there. Yes that would be great but the ability to build an temporary Camp in PvE as an Refuge for you and your Teammates would also be awesome and could give the group more bonuses for the price of time spending in that pve Area.

But i think thats more something for the Suggestion Forum but before a mod goes duty on it like on a Mutant, how about to shift it as "New Regions" discussion to the suggestion forum? Or just let it stay.
Jarran
Veteran

06.04.2013, 15:15

Enji:Am sorry for making new topic for this but am thinking for having your own place in this world. To be honest i really love places like your own house, base, castle and so on, what you clean from enemies, keep, upgrade, fix and defend. Ofc you may put some restrictions like you need specific number of ppl what you need to create base, what materials you need to have, place around to be completely cleared from you and your friends, to keep control over this territory for some time. After you defend your right to be there, to keep this small territory for you and your friends, you may use millions variants and ideas. Some NPC to come and to offer they help for your home, to open stores from what you earn in game and in missions, to make new trade routes, to be attracted from different groups to be they members and to use your house/base like they post, to fight for your territory with other factions and millions more ideas. When you keep and support your own place, you will spend a lot hours of upgrading it, installing mechanisms, defence systems, inviting friends to rest there, and so on... so on. Like option in Survarium this will be great.

I really like your ideas, I hope that part of this game is something similar, with the option of creating bases or camps (which in Z Day and this fact, although Berta mode)
Argentino

06.04.2013, 15:27

Yeah it is nice.

I'ts an important but often overlooked Fact in so called "Survival" games that finding or building shelter is nearly as important than finding Food and Water. I really hope that the PvE part in this game becomes something what really has something to do with survival. Way to many Games these Days print "SURVIVAL" on their Cover without having hunger, thirst, the option to avoid combat, the option to let two enemys fight each other so you can go through or loot whats left. We are either running away from an evil monster or get an stamina bar.. but okay it goes off topic and i stop it here.
Jarran
Veteran

06.04.2013, 17:08

Somewhere to hideout, personal 'stashes', or even to the point to where we could haul around a tent and chill there for a bit, eh?
Redemption

06.04.2013, 19:47

I think that Vostok should let people create their own locations. Just like in Counter Strike or Call of Duty 4. The community made a lot of great, new maps. In Survarium should be normal servers with normal maps and modded servers. Of course this can't work when someone want to play storyline but for simply PvP matches this would be great idea.

Best maps made by players: Tactical Ops: Assault on Terror. Maybe it's only copy of Counter Strike but I think it's far better than CS. Some crazy maps I saw in Call of Duty 4 on zombie mods for example. People love new stuff creating by other players, especially in online games.

wawron

06.04.2013, 20:00

I really like the idea of your own "home". It would be also nice, is a lot of players build shelters near each other, new cities could be formed. If they are strong enough to survive, they could elect a leader, and maybe have their own traders, and in the future they can be a whole new faction.
LonqClaw_

06.04.2013, 20:15

You guys talking about your own home/shelter building - but do you realize how could we build it? Grabbing things (like in HL 2) and putting them together won't work. Maybe even graphics engine won't let us do that.
Petruha

06.04.2013, 21:22

Some parts could be scavanged, and it would be like crafting a weapon. It could be similar to Runes of Magic system, in which one building is for everyone, and you enter your own home via a portal. Here it could be a great underground shelter or what.
LonqClaw_

06.04.2013, 21:47

Maybe something like strongholds? :)
THISaint

06.04.2013, 21:51

eXtremous:Maybe something like strongholds? :)

Aka hideouts!
Hpnot1Q

06.04.2013, 21:52

They could make private locations within instances, for example. Within a designated 'safe zone' area, there will be a door that people can go to and activate. From there, you can search for your team/clans base and enter it from there and you can customize it when your inside. You could also make it public (allow the public to see it in the list) or private to restrict who can enter. Not 100% sure how to work it out but its an idea.

Not sure if this will even be added, I am doubtful but if they do it would be interesting.
fredkruge

06.04.2013, 22:23

I don't think the game is quite big enough since it's session based but I could something like in Spiral Knights happening.
Sax Panther

07.04.2013, 01:34

Having a bunker/camp/hideout isn't a completely insane idea.

You buy a prebuilt map for your clan's hideout, which is to be your bunker.

Then you can buy upgrades to it, similar to Oblivion or Skyrim, where your house starts as fairly empty but parts can be upgraded, maybe you can buy a munitions station to make ammo. Or a lathe for gunsmithing. Maybe a fridge to store drugs/food/chems. A weapons cabinet to store and display your weapons for anyone in your clan to use (I assume you trust your own clan members)

Just a crazy idea, but the cool thing is that since everyone is in their own instance of the bunker you could then simulate clan wars where there are attack/defend situations and the stakes are high!
talon_card
Explorer

07.04.2013, 02:06

Maybe if we can't all have our own "houses" there could be a mode were two teams have to set up base camps. Or maybe where one team makes a fortress and the other team has to break in. I don't know haha.
Koschaka

07.04.2013, 06:02

Being able to lay claim to an attic of a derelict house or barn. Some way to put down traps to protect ?

Have a couple of "safe houses" and stash spots.
R00573R

07.04.2013, 06:58

eXtremous:Maybe something like strongholds? :)

I hope that's not a reference to WarZ!! :(
UndeadGuru

07.04.2013, 07:15

I think that private chest/bank would be enough.
Mrzjadacz

07.04.2013, 11:30

Think! For what you want to play this game. For fun yes, for spending good your free time, for making more social contacts with interesting and not that interesting persons, but when you spend so much time in one game you want to leave your own mark behind you. Not just to be part of interesting storyline, but also to leave your mark in this world. To show how you will react in situacion like that, when all what you remember is in ruins. Then you need not only to predict, and to fight to survive, but also to rebuild at least your own world from the dust. First level is to build good character, to upgrade it, to give him best equip, to go at most dangerous places, to fight with brutal enemies. Second level is to unite with other ppl like you, to do missions together, to fight there- where you cant go alone, to share your life in game with this ppl. Third level is together to build your shelter. Base where you will feel safe, where you will spend time, will defend, will use like warehouse, will repair equip and weapons, will sleep, will rest, will open trade to sell what you earn etc etc. This will put this game at next level. A lot games did this elements at basic level. Nvm do this was strongholds, houses or building camps. In almost all games this places was ISOLATED. Noone give them life. Ppl make pics of they houses /in Fallout 3 for example/ and show how much guns they story there. For what? For watching them how pretty are they? Mine ideas are simple. To give life to places what you may find at the maps. To find lost house at good location, and with help from your friends to rebuild the place. To use terrain and resources around to defend this place. To build something new there. To give life in this ruined world. Idea not just to survive, but to give hope to others survivors. To give example life even in this situation it's possible. At Least at basic level. Sorry for long text... words just jump from me.
Enji

07.04.2013, 11:42

UndeadGuru:Maybe something like strongholds? :)

I hope that's not a reference to WarZ!! :(

That's the first thing i thought of as well haha!
Hpnot1Q

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Return to Game Discussion