Conclusions for 0.66

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

27.02.2021, 14:09

After some days playing, there´re some thoughts about the development that´s been invested into the game recently.

All my positive thoughts I already wrote under the patch note to 0.66.

Yet there´re things that I didn´t mention.

The biggest ache for me´s the catastrophic balance in the leagues. There´s nothing else special for me atm than the leagues in the game, that gives you the motivation to continue to play. I guess it´s also the same for many other oldfags.

ELO´s not the best method for balancing. Looking at those people who didn´t leave the game for more than a month and still play the game to date, they simply can´t be thrown into a match with or against people, who play medicore. Imho the true skill can be only determined by k/d ratio. And nothing can change my mind in that regard, as it´s not understandable how people from the TOP 30 of the leagues, who´ve got stats with a k/d ratio above 1.2 with !MORE THAN 150k ACHIEVED KILLS! can be playing against people who didn´t get to 100k kills yet. That´s a big and significant difference in skill. Not everyone wants to get better until he plays on ESL level, and SURVARIUM having Clan Wars mode has still a long path to be recognized as ESL ready, as it´s still in BETA stage.

So there´s something to be improved yet, before the leagues become attractive again for many more players. It´s a pity that so much players left the game because of lacking balance (not to mention a long awaited freeplay mode).

Now to something delicate that still bothers many players including me, for a long time now.

Many players complain about other players being almost invincible or to that the hitreg or netcode´s flawed.
After having played some time in the past and for some days now, I came to the conclusion that it´s always the same players that´re nearly invincible. It issues itself when you empty your full magazine, accurately from a close distance into the opponent but he´s still got left almost the half of his health.
Match ID 15988066: Here´s one infamous example of such player: [ILS] -Пейн-.

I don´t think it´s a flawed netcode. I accuse such players of using hacks, that exploit old and unknown bugs, that make the players almost invincible. Yes, there´re such hacks on the market and they also occured in famous games like Battlefield 3, but were actually patched out after some time. Such hacks can be easily written by any IT student, who earns additional money by coding private cheats to earn some bucks.
In Survarium there still must be such a bug, as this "invincibility problem" only occurs with the same players.

Hope that these things will be considered in the next patches. Then I´ll be glad to join the game for a short league period and I´m sure some other players will too.
RiotOfDoom
Survivor

28.02.2021, 14:10

Also I wanna add a request regarding recoil

Please make recoil that strong, that nobody can precisely hit on full auto while using x3/x4/x8 scopes, and have to shoot semi automatic shots. This will be more realistic. Take Battlefield 2 as example
RiotOfDoom
Survivor

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion