Please bring back the classic batteries gamemode

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

18.02.2021, 22:46

Hi all (especially the players I used to play with and against)! I haven't been here for years, really, but I'm happy to see that at least a small fraction of the community is still alive for this old gem of a game.

Now I might even consider coming back to play if only the devs had something good to offer.

In truth, what I miss the most is the classic batteries game mode where you had to find ("find") the batteries (they didn't spawn in battery stations). One of the things I liked the most about playing back then was making my own maps for all possible battery locations for each game location. I also immensely liked playing these matches then, running from location to location, till enough of the bats were found.

If this classic gamemode were to be brought back, I would have something in sv to really enjoy again. Otherwise, I would need a very good alternative incentive which I can't even think of at this time. Anyway, just wanted to share some of my good memories (and some discontentment, too; but also a bit of hope). Cheers!

PS: Have the devs returned us the clan matches?
PSS: I wonder whose "brilliant" idea it was to remove clan matches from the game anyway!?
Beamrun

19.02.2021, 22:35

Yes, clan matches are back. They were removed because almost no one played them and those who did, rigged them. Now due to popular demand they're back, but not many seem to be playing them after devs made sure that you can't rig them.

Classic batteries mode was removed because the spawns were never truly random, and an even bigger issue was that a lot of times one of the teams spawned more than the other on their side.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

21.02.2021, 16:22

Thanks for the information, Chandrian! And it's good to hear that the devs returned the clan matches. I don't quite imagine how they would have been rigged in the first place, but I guess the reasoning makes sense. After all, when an exploit is possible, there will always be someone to use it.
Beamrun

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion