so the game is obviously on a big halt since years, am sad

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

17.01.2021, 20:25

hello?

where are you team VOSTOK? is there a team ?

I have been supportive with my money since 2013 and you can check my purchase history.

one question, be honest please,
will this game get developing team anytime soon? I mean anytime soon will see a video if the team working behind the game?
will this game get a graphics update? will the engine be updated? the game looks old graphically
Akbaar

07.02.2021, 04:46

they wasted a high potential IP with wrong decisions. I really miss the time i still enjoy this game. Maybe adding some cool weapons and fix the balance could bring back veteran players and attract new players.
kalashnjkov

07.02.2021, 23:16

Had reinstalled the game recently and deinstalled it after checking the gameplay. It's still not what I was looking for when I registered. If I wanted a fast paced twitch shooter I'd have no problem to find alternatives.
Jade Hamster

09.02.2021, 20:06

I've reinstalled the game last week to see the changes.

And after 15 minutes impossible to have enough players to complete a matchmaking on the EU server.

Dead game.

- We told several times to VG that using steam and a dedicated server was idiot, because when you go on steam and see a so low number of players you don't try to install it and look for another game, but they never understood this.
No one can imagine that the number of players that you on steam is not the real number.
They said "no, we'll not put our game on steam only because blablabla"...

- We told them several times that mixing several factions was a total nonsense too.
They said "blablabla".

- We told them to delete this stupid killcam.

- And we told them that there was too many battle types too, that they should have only a few types, to have more players in each types (fastest matchmaking and no need of bots), but hey, same ironics answers...

But what they did is only have ears for players that were crying for more weapons and accessories, eternal balance of weapons and skills, shit leagues and else, instead of working on the concept of the game. So the game has gone nowhere.

Now it's too late and all they can do is crying. And they deserve it.
Last edited by ike07 on 11.02.2021, 16:57, edited 19 times in total.
ike07

12.02.2021, 00:38

ike07 wrote:- We told several times to VG that using steam and a dedicated server was idiot, because when you go on steam and see a so low number of players you don't try to install it and look for another game, but they never understood this.
No one can imagine that the number of players that you on steam is not the real number.
They said "no, we'll not put our game on steam only because blablabla"...
VG didn't want to put the game on Steam at first, but added it because the community requested, saying it would boost the playerbase and make the game more popular.
ike07 wrote:- We told them to delete this stupid killcam.

It's disabled in Ranked matches, along with hitmarkers.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

16.02.2021, 17:25

Well, the game lacks content indeed, even the addition of new weapons is a rare sight. And the luck part is kinda to weird IMO, I've spent 231 hours in this game and still can't get a Glock 17 from the daily challenges crate, while a noob with LV2 gears that I've met got a freaking Glock; and a while back when I was trying to upgrade my Vector SMG, I failed for like 6 times, had to put together parts so I did the upgrade from time to time but still... that's nothing like "50% success rate" is it?

Also IMO having some more "DLC" options in Steam would be nice, having to purchase in the Vostok store is not so convenient to me as in Steam, and as I reached LV5 gears already there's nothing useful for me in Steam items (the SKS in Starter Pack was nice though back in LV1). Wouldn't say no to a VSS pack in Steam or something like that.
WZNGT

16.02.2021, 23:05

WZNGT wrote:Well, the game lacks content indeed, even the addition of new weapons is a rare sight. And the luck part is kinda to weird IMO, I've spent 231 hours in this game and still can't get a Glock 17 from the daily challenges crate, while a noob with LV2 gears that I've met got a freaking Glock; and a while back when I was trying to upgrade my Vector SMG, I failed for like 6 times, had to put together parts so I did the upgrade from time to time but still... that's nothing like "50% success rate" is it?

If you're not having luck with Glock in Daily Quests then you can try Ranked matches, where you can purchase a special version of it (extended magazine) with League tokens.

WZNGT wrote:Also IMO having some more "DLC" options in Steam would be nice, having to purchase in the Vostok store is not so convenient to me as in Steam, and as I reached LV5 gears already there's nothing useful for me in Steam items (the SKS in Starter Pack was nice though back in LV1). Wouldn't say no to a VSS pack in Steam or something like that.

I think they're not adding more DLCs to Steam because they get just 70% of profit there, rest goes to Steam.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

17.02.2021, 13:36

I have been out since November. Simply i lost interest on the game, specially on how primitive feels in some aspects, even playing it since 2015. And then i ask, wouldn't be better VG to focus on finishing basic traits on a game like this? I still waiting to simple Ragdolls to be added, or the possibility to catch a fallen player weapon.

New Maps are Good. But focus them all around Chernobyl just feels a bit uninspired. What about the diversity of places on other maps?

I know, both ideas are related with large scale changed that cost a lot of money and Blablabla. But the thing is, if you want this game to recover, it would need core changes.
Dinoh55

17.02.2021, 16:12

Chandrian:
If you're not having luck with Glock in Daily Quests then you can try Ranked matches, where you can purchase a special version of it (extended magazine) with League tokens.

I think they're not adding more DLCs to Steam because they get just 70% of profit there, rest goes to Steam.

Yeah... would have to do that (and the 20 gold prize draw) to get myself something better than APS to use. I just prefer the look of that normal variant, and logically they should be easier to get as the "basic" variant.

Another reason that I want DLCs in Steam shop was the case of a fellow player in my clan lost all his stuff after a period of AFK, so I guess if the pack is from Steam it would at least survive a event like that (that kind of event should not even happen though).

PS: The paint ball mode was more fun than I imagined, and it was another day of failed to get a Glock too.
Last edited by WZNGT on 17.02.2021, 17:19, edited 3 times in total.
WZNGT

12.03.2021, 09:28

Chandrian:

As a US player I have extreme difficulty through out the day joining ranked matching. The wait time to join one is usually 15-30 mins. During that time I could have completed a normal match and earned something more beyond a queue timer. I really enjoy no kill cam and no hit markers. But ranked is not easily defined in the menu and it seems many people either dont notice it as an option or dont play ranked at all. So this makes earning token items nearly impossible.
Geronimo553

12.03.2021, 21:17

I'm surprised you even find Ranked matches on NA server, they're even hard to find on EU server and are mainly played on RU. But just 10-20% of the playerbase plays them actively.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

13.03.2021, 02:35

Yes I think the UI needs changed for ranked to make it more of a main option so people notice it. Or include it in the pvp game mode options. I feel pretty confident most people just click play and that is it.
Geronimo553

15.03.2021, 18:33

Ranked matches´re the only special thing about the game atm. Unfortunately they´re unbalanced af. I wrote about it already, but it´s not considered to be necessary to be fixed asap. So gl hf guys and until better days.

Also for Vostok: If your investors make you fk up the game like this, with these fancy hats and skins, and useless events, you should search for another one. Or I´m gonna buy 51% of your company for 60k $ and make you delete this for good and make you go back to the roots, if you want it, or not^^
RiotOfDoom
Survivor

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion