Where are we going? When a real update?

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

17.11.2020, 16:46

I wrote under the 0.65 topic, no one even bothered to answer me, or at least to aknowledge my useless tips.
The feeling of abandonment is stronger now than ever. It seems that even the developers have lost their interest in the game.
Those small updates are good, okay, they keep the game alive in the short time, but in prospect ... what is their meaning? Less than zero.
Leave the balancing as it is, I (and the friends with whom I play) don't care (sincerely) if some mechanics are broken or still in via of refinement. Leave them behind, add new real content, push forward the project and later on fix what's wrong.

C'mon, at the moment there is no other real free fps game online that is worth to be played. Survarium is still the good exception: its foundations are solid, the gameplay and the visual style are good and generally fluid, the skill system and the factions are good. If We can't have a PvE (which, currently, I don't even think would fit the game) why can't we be pleased with new maps, game modes, features?
It's not a request for innovation, it's a request of commitment. The examples of viable and fortunate predecessors in the fps arena is enormous (battlefield, call of duty, titanfall, killzone and so on...), why don't replicate their formula or try to experiment on already functioning mechanics? Even a free for all/plain and simple battle royale mode would be acceptable and welcomed.

I am very disappointed and sad to write those lines. I started to play this game in 2017 (Steam account with another name), I convinced in the past six of my friends to play with me. We were full of hopes and had a lot of fun, expecially in PvP matches.
At current time, only one of them plays regularly with me, another one only sometimes, if he has, somehow, the urge and will to curse on something related to games (usually both on the unexploited potentialities of Survarium and on its never-extinguishing flaws).

And please, stop answering with the "We don't have sufficient budget to do whatever you ask" or the "thank you for your time and suggestions, We'll consider them just before trashing everything directly into the bin". Other individuals or small private indie companies had succeded to obtain the right financing and visual on the Web, starting with projects, let me tell you clearly, far less desirable and workable than yours. It only takes seriousness and hard work.

I, We, still believe in this project, "a diamond in the rough" just to cite a famous metal band, albeit feeling discomfort. That's the truth.
I hope you'll listen and take serious steps in the right direction. If the consolidate path doesn't work, maybe reset it. There's always an alternative.
Sincerely,
R

Bah Luckydog

17.01.2021, 21:10

+1 to this post,

need to know if Vostok team realy exists today or not.

because if not, am sorry that i have to stop supporting a dead game.
atleast show us a video of your team working on something for example updating the engine and updating the graphics
Akbaar

23.01.2021, 19:30

Akbaar:+1 to this post,

atleast show us a video of your team working on something for example updating the engine and updating the graphics

finally someone seemed to notice my appeal... but at this point I am sincerely convinced that they are on the verge of failing. They didn't even bothered to answer, which is quite a response by itself.
R

Bah Luckydog

24.01.2021, 13:06

If you are bored with this 10 years beta game, VG has another incredible game, you can buy it for only 9,99 €

https://store.steampowered.com/app/8195 ... /?l=french

Peak players last month : 20. (noth 20 millions, not 20 000, but.... 20).

Muhaha gg Vostok.
Last edited by ike07 on 24.01.2021, 13:10, edited 5 times in total.
ike07

25.01.2021, 12:11

ike07:If you are bored with this 10 years beta game, VG has another incredible game, you can buy it for only 9,99 €

Muhaha gg Vostok.

Yeah, I've played - so boring shit, I would not give a penny for it.
Loki Lopez

26.01.2021, 06:11

i want survarium the true stalker game... xray engine
Akbaar

26.01.2021, 19:44

The thing is that they don't publish new updates, neither seems to react to provocations or peoples' appeals.
Our only hope at this point is waiting for Stalker 2, admitted that it will ever see the light, I've lost any hope in this game and in these developers.
I'll come back to play just for fun in the most annoyed times, but nothing more.

Bah Luckydog

28.01.2021, 16:48

Akbaar wrote:+1 to this post,

Everyone is working from home. So a video or photo of the team working is simply not possible.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

28.01.2021, 16:48

Bah Luckydog wrote:The thing is that they don't publish new updates, neither seems to react to provocations or peoples' appeals.
Our only hope at this point is waiting for Stalker 2, admitted that it will ever see the light, I've lost any hope in this game and in these developers.
I'll come back to play just for fun in the most annoyed times, but nothing more.

The game receives updates constantly.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

01.02.2021, 19:25

joewillburn:

The game receives updates constantly.

Changed headshot multiplier to 4, restored it back to 3.
Changed Toz damage to 56
General changes to something

Changing two values to something else and back really does not count. I would say even one person would be able to make such changes, even without any training.

Why haven't you released the source code and/or mod tools in a last ditch effort to revive the game?
Kube

05.02.2021, 11:37

Kube:
Changed headshot multiplier to 4, restored it back to 3.
Changed Toz damage to 56
General changes to something

Changing two values to something else and back really does not count. I would say even one person would be able to make such changes, even without any training.

Why haven't you released the source code and/or mod tools in a last ditch effort to revive the game?

Once again, I'm with that.
Changing stats and values can be considered un update, but a game cannot lies only on them in order to sustain itself. I believe this attitude of negating problems is what is killing you, seriously.
I cannot believe that you are unable to find a way to do what is necessary to reconstruct a bit of credibility. That is, starting to work seriously.
It is even a matter of perspectives: this game may be outdated, old or obsolete, whatever, but if you start to do thing seriously and release a complete product MAYBE future buyers will be more prone to BUY whatever thing you will release in future, instead of maybe saying "oh, they are the developers of Survarium, a ten years old beta game without a soul, I will never buy smth from them or spend other money on their projects".
Maybe it is time to fire some of your employees and replace them with some valid alternatives because the feeling is that they are crying and complaining without actually doing nothing serious.
Or, at least, leaves the games to modders, I am sure that many of them would be able to resurrect this game.
R

Bah Luckydog

12.03.2021, 10:02

ike07:If you are bored with this 10 years beta game, VG has another incredible game, you can buy it for only 9,99 €

Muhaha gg Vostok.

ahh so that is where the open world game mode went off to... I look at that game, then compare this game, and I start noticing many similarities between the two.
Geronimo553

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion