Trade System

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

10.06.2020, 15:17

I was thinking that a steam-like, Trade system for Survarium would be great, But...Not like a marketplace for everyone, but more like a friend only type...Example: Yesterday me and my friend played some matches, and after he got a PSO-1 scope while i got a shotgun choke; I needed a PSO-1 scope and he needed a choke, so why couldn't we exchange those? Sure there is the shop and the module crafting but what if i won't spend gold or i don't have enogh spare parts? Grind the game you say...Sure, but for this kind of small things, that could be done ONLY if the two are FRIENDS and in that moment in the lobby TOGETHER, exchanging a weapon module or some silver too maybe, TBH my idea was just for those...I think that this could be a thing...To be fair you can make it somewhat limited, you have to pay some silver (not gold because in that case, if you have to spend gold would be more sensate to buy the modules) or i don't know, but still...Figuring out how this could work in a FAIR way would add that some more to the game, especially in the social way, unlike Steam's marketplace.
Ilves Silmä

10.06.2020, 16:09

+1
Tanatloc

10.06.2020, 16:18

+1
jule

10.06.2020, 17:44

+1 from me too...
JUNIOR_STRELOK

10.06.2020, 20:15

Definitely +1
SGt Macrophage

10.06.2020, 23:51

My comments below are not endorsed by VG, nor do I have any actual information related to how VG makes money.

If I can play devil's advocate for a second, I'd suggest that removing one of the few ways for VG to remain liquid won't be a high priority.
I don't think this is an onerous burden when you consider that VG have only a few vectors to monetize the game.
Reducing the income stream by allowing the trading of marketplace items (even for silver) for friends or indeed anybody, doesn't help the company to pay employees and continue working.
It may be that you just want to exchange the odd item here and there but let's try and picture a situation where people exploit this at scale, simply because they can... There are a large amount of old players with many hundreds of weapons and items to sell and this would break the economy.
Last edited by trouble_every_day on 11.06.2020, 11:00, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added disalaimer and more explanation
trouble_every_day
Supermoderator

11.06.2020, 20:55

What you say is sure right, but how much two friends exchanging ONLY some weapon attachments now and then could hurt VG's income? There's still the premium and the weapons and equipment sets and all those player-focused offers...If some players stop paying few gold to get modules (which doesn't happen all that often with the crafting system, i asked in the golbal in-game chat) I don't think that could damage much...Sure mine is only an idea and just those four +1 i got are a big goal for me...If for some miracle one day Survarium gets a modules trade system with friends (and NOT a marketplace) that would be great and i know i was a little part of it at least. I'm not here to force anyone do anything...but if this thread takes in and VG listens to the community well...who lives will see...
Ilves Silmä

14.06.2020, 12:39

There are players in game (like me for example) that have lots and lots of money and equipment. The balance of the marketplace would be broken in no time. The only way i can see it is trading fee for gold. Buy gold in the shop and spend it for trading fee.
Vimako TwitchTV

14.06.2020, 19:39

Tbh when I first joined I thought we will have sort of "Auction House" where I can sell my rusty AKs to new players.

It's like dominos, you touch one and all the line falls over - it is impossible because VG would have to draw a third box in their roadmap and think of ways to connect it with existing 2 boxes.

First individual trading
Then anti-dupe work
actually creating economy
getting rid of "Silver", bro we here are in some post eucalyptus world, wth koalas cant eat silver
tying Gold to Silver
Making a way to gain some items, like old treasure maps
Revamping these placeholder(I know its beta but pls) faction traders to actually make sense, probably making ammo/grenades and all the other stuff spendable/buyable.
Making equipment "not-permanent" for example all the equipment you bring to mach is at risk and after match winners get to pick the best stuff from pool.
Actually doing something instead of just paying 30$ a month to host a few servers.

See? It doesn't make sense, not like this is how games go big or anything. We got here is single player multiplayer it's a new genre, we all here together, each in our own bubble. We can't even get a full premade team like ... what?

TL:DR
It's just a Beta bro
Last edited by SMARCH on 14.06.2020, 19:45, edited 2 times in total.
SMARCH

09.07.2020, 08:40

trouble_every_day:My comments below are not endorsed by VG, nor do I have any actual information related to how VG makes money.

If I can play devil's advocate for a second, I'd suggest that removing one of the few ways for VG to remain liquid won't be a high priority.
I don't think this is an onerous burden when you consider that VG have only a few vectors to monetize the game.
Reducing the income stream by allowing the trading of marketplace items (even for silver) for friends or indeed anybody, doesn't help the company to pay employees and continue working.
It may be that you just want to exchange the odd item here and there but let's try and picture a situation where people exploit this at scale, simply because they can... There are a large amount of old players with many hundreds of weapons and items to sell and this would break the economy.

This is quite a strong argument, unbeatable; auctionhouse will never come (now, anymore. should have come back then years ago).

Or they would have to hurt old players or implement a system to use hoarded extra stuff into sth good.
Nobody scraps his other 40 AK12s into 50 parts each or sell it for 2k silver or whatever it is atm.

i heard many players would even rather give them all away for free, but here comes your argumentation into play.

If you ask me, i know you do not :P , but the old system was kind of perfect for both sides.
It would allow monetizing for VG, I BELIEVE EVEN MUCH (!) MORE, than now and trading between players.
Imagine VGs cashflow for desired stats on items... with real money paid had fixed/changeable perfect stats.
You could get them by just playing too, but it took time and will.
After the change everybody had three best stats almost for free.
horrible decision -.-

Why so?
It was ultra rare to get a weapon with desired/perfect and/or maxed stats, but you got them.
And players were super happy and excited when the got a nice drop after some time.

It has been even really fair!
VG allowed you to have one of the three slots as you liked even.

It has been an ideal situation in my opinion, really smart.
And then someone had the, sorry, stupid idea to change it like now :(
Even unreversable. :((
SportR Ciri Julia

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion