Supply Pocket perk in survival tree

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

19.04.2020, 17:48

Supply Pocket in survival tree should allow you to use a Pistol OR an extra supply pocket. not disable pistol from all profile

finally

please

thank you
OneThreeOneTwo

19.04.2020, 19:38

We were told that this can't be done.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

20.04.2020, 11:19

Unbelievable...
jule

28.04.2020, 10:43

Lol I like how they are told to tell the community things like everyone will believe what they say because of the color purple.
Maybe that is China's mistakes, they forgot to tell the WHO to put all their "facts" in purple texts.

Slockum

28.04.2020, 13:34

Chandrian:We were told that this can't be done.

"We were told that this won't be done."
Kube

28.04.2020, 14:02

The actual answer I was given is that there's no capability to change the skills on a per profile basis, i.e., allow to have the pistol on one but not on another.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

28.04.2020, 16:06

So is this possibly a misunderstanding?
Chandrian:there's no capability to change the skills on a per profile basis
sounds like they mean it is not possible to have different skills selected (in the skill tree) for different profiles?

But the request was rather that when this skill is selected then this should not disallow the usage of a pistol but only give the option (per profile) to either use the pistol or have an additional medkit.

The current implementation is actually pretty annoying. Maybe VG can look at it again.
Last edited by jule on 28.04.2020, 16:08, edited 2 times in total.
jule

29.04.2020, 09:50

The main problem is that apart of feature itself there is large number of edge cases that we need to take care of.
- explain to player why he suddenly lost 1 pocket after equipping pistol
- handle scenario where you load saved profile that was made without this skill
- handle tricky cases like where you equip armor with higher number of pocket slots and now can use pistol slot.
- and any other scenario I haven't thought of immediately.

Impossible? No. But unfortunately we have other features & fixes we'd like to make first so this one will have to wait.

ivan_vg
Vostok Games

29.04.2020, 10:08

Make it simpler. Add new slot without losing pistol. OP? No. Problem solved? Yes.
Sandsleeper_CZ

29.04.2020, 23:17

@ivan_vg,
>you can give it a longer description. example: "You have an extra Supply Pocket, if you have not equipped a pistol"
also adding an extra tooltip in loading screens, or even general in Main-lobby-interface (hideable in options) would compensate for players unknowledge. or even a new tooltipbot in generalchat, like "Did you know, you can have an additional supply pocket by picking the Perk in Surival skilltree"

>how is this really a problem? you have a saved profile of 1's and 0's

- handle tricky cases like where you equip armor with higher number of pocket slots and now can use pistol slot.
>maximum pockets is 6. if you have armor that gives you 6 pockets and use that perk, you just can equip a pistol.
also it would help to give a hint in the inventory itself, like Pockets (max is 6), Capacity (max is 8), Artifacts (max is 2)
OneThreeOneTwo

02.05.2020, 12:52

ivan_vg:The main problem is that apart of feature itself there is large number of edge cases that we need to take care of.

You have already failed at the current "explanation", as it sounds like you are given the choice of either a pistol or additional supply whenever you want to.

https://i.imgur.com/6ei6rVz.png

This sounds very misleading.
A better description would be "Secondary weapon slot is replaced by an additional supply pocket". Note the word "Replace" - nothing ambiguous about it.

Besides, you already have tooltips implemented in the UI. Use them.
Quick sketch below.

https://i.imgur.com/uH4IQKV.png

ivan_vg:
Don't know how have you made the profile system, but this sounds like a complete non-issue. If the supply pocket skill is active, make a check if the respective profile has a pistol or not.

Add variable "HasPistol".
If true, load the respective profile.
If false, load the respective profile, add +1 supply.
Run this script every time the pistol slot is changed, if the supply pocket skill enabled. If not, just add/change/remove pistol in the slot.

As I said, I don't know how the loadouts are currently implemented, but it really does not seem that big of a deal.

ivan_vg:- handle tricky cases like where you equip armor with higher number of pocket slots and now can use pistol slot.

Again, UI elements. Add a tool tip that notifies you have exceeded maximum supply slots.

ivan_vg:Impossible? No. But unfortunately we have other features & fixes we'd like to make first so this one will have to wait.

So there is a chance the skill will be adjusted at some later point in development?
Last edited by Lead Head on 02.05.2020, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.
Lead Head

02.05.2020, 16:21

Mu suggestion would be to just put the extra slot skill further down the skill tree and remove the negative side of it completely. This should be much easier to implement and it would justify spending that many points into the technical skill tree as well. I don't think it would have too big of an impact on the gameplay.
Last edited by Kube on 02.05.2020, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
Kube

27.07.2020, 15:59

OneThreeOneTwo wrote:>you can give it a longer description. example: "You have an extra Supply Pocket, if you have not equipped a pistol"

Lead Head wrote:You have already failed at the current "explanation", as it sounds like you are given the choice of either a pistol or additional supply whenever you want to.

https://i.imgur.com/6ei6rVz.png

This sounds very misleading.
A better description would be "Secondary weapon slot is replaced by an additional supply pocket". Note the word "Replace" - nothing ambiguous about it.

Improved this description with Update 0.64.
Last edited by Chandrian on 28.07.2020, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion