Steam reviews have been mostly positive

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

19.11.2019, 19:50

There is now 2 month that I stop play Survarium, I try 2 match but nothing I loose my interest for that game.
But I come here to see if maybe, maybe something really new, something surprising, but...... But I read that ""Lately our "most recent" Steam reviews have been mostly positive. The more positive the review score, the more likely the game is to attract new players. So, here is where we ask if you haven't reviewed the game, to just give us a positive review. It would mean a lot!"

It is incredible how you (VG) are, it is incredible how you understand nothing. In five years I'm in this game I have seen a lot of new players coming and coming in to that game, even my clan in one moment had around 80 players. So the new players you did have them but your problem is that you never can keep them and you never found the way to make the old one come back.

Where is the interest to have new players if you can't keep them?
William-g

20.11.2019, 19:17

I'm a new player. I love this game. Your opinion is your opinion. Not everybody else's opinion. Instead of coming in here just to complain, why not actually give some helpful suggestions they could implement and stop wasting everyone's time.

VooDooRex

20.11.2019, 21:07

VooDooRex:I'm a new player. I love this game. Your opinion is your opinion. Not everybody else's opinion. Instead of coming in here just to complain, why not actually give some helpful suggestions they could implement and stop wasting everyone's time.

Funny Guy :)

VooDooRex:and stop wasting everyone's time.

You aren't everyone and no one push you to read. Take care of your tong licking to much can waste it.
William-g

21.11.2019, 02:00

William-g wrote:It is incredible how you (VG) are, it is incredible how you understand nothing.

So removing module slots unlock requirements for kills and implementing a way to craft modules is not a way of understanding new players? As for the veterans, some wanted more preset slots and others complained about event hats removing full set bonuses, so those two things were fixed recently too.
That's where most of the positive reviews are coming from, but were you even aware of those new features if you stopped playing Survarium two months ago? Right now the only thing left for the new players is to make the 2nd and 3rd profiles cheaper or unlock them at a certain level, other than that their experience should be great if they like this kind of game.

The way I see it, your post feels empty because it doesn't state what they should have done instead in one little patch in these last two months since you stopped playing. What would make your clanmates come back and stay, clanwars? New maps while others ask to finish the weather on current maps? More modes when CNPP has just Slaughter? More weapons when current balance isn't quite there for example regarding Sniper Rifles and headshot multipliers? More PVE missions when some think that the first one shouldn't be called a PVE mission while others like it? Different balancing of the weapon classes? All this or some other features is what others are begging for, but ask yourself realistically whether all of it can be done in just 1-2 patches or if a better approach would be to choose the changes/improvements that would be easy to implement and also desired by the community.

Reviews aren't the only proof that the game is improving. Another is that on November 4th Steam version of the game had the highest peak of players online at the same time since December 2017. In part probably due to the Halloween event, but also due to the visual customization slots (which let you change just the appearance and keep the set bonuses).

Small quality-of-life features are helping the game regain its playerbase, but if you come back and just play 2 matches or whatever without maybe reading the patch notes, you won't feel those improvements like other players that do play daily.
Last edited by Chandrian on 21.11.2019, 02:06, edited 2 times in total.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

21.11.2019, 16:03

Chandrian:

The way I see it, your post feels empty because it doesn't state what they should have done

Back to old version like 0.24 a specially concerning anomalies, bring back weather, bring back map variations, create night time, create something really new, resolve the delay problem ect........

Be creative.
Last edited by William-g on 21.11.2019, 16:04, edited 1 time in total.
William-g

12.12.2019, 05:48

The static anomalies may be interesting. I havent experienced them, so... Why did Vostok remove static anomalies in the first place?

Also, did the breathing tanks work against the static anomalies? Because right now, I see no point in them.
Jano Msik

12.12.2019, 12:38

Jano Msik:The static anomalies may be interesting. I havent experienced them, so... Why did Vostok remove static anomalies in the first place?

Also, did the breathing tanks work against the static anomalies? Because right now, I see no point in them.

They removed them for the dumbest reason: the parts of the map that were affected by anomaly weren't utilized by a big chunk of players (not enough players running around there simply speaking). Anomalies are supposed to be dangerous, thus a decrease in player traffic. The artifacts were much more powerful back then, so going after them was still worth it. Everything was completely normal and yet VG removed the static anomalies even though nobody asked them to.

The anomaly protection was also more complex than now. Anomaly damage was separated by types: heat, electricity, gas. Something like a gas tank would protect you for some time in gas type anomalies or, for example, isolated boots would protect you from electricity damage. Yet another system that has been dumbed down for no good reason.
UnknownPlayer666

12.12.2019, 14:15

Maybe there is a good reason, but we are not allowed to know it. ;)
Tanatloc

12.12.2019, 21:25

Tanatloc:Maybe there is a good reason, but we are not allowed to know it. ;)

Could be technical reason. Might be that performance drops, latency increase for all players, who knows. That's the main reason why the "Storm" wasn't implemented into the game though.

Also I really loved the different varieties on current maps which were sadly removed due to players complaints I think.
Sure getting old Zubr Onyx combo would be disasterous but at least getting a reworked artifacts (+new ones), making them stronger and putting them back into static anomalies would give more immersion to the game itself.
Northam

12.12.2019, 23:09

From what I remember, the reason they were removed was largely what UnknownPlayer666 said.
The stats collection suggested that large parts of the maps were not only unused by most players but also quite misunderstood by new players.
I'm unsure if there was a performance element to their removal but I don't recall that being floated as a reason.

Probably the logic for these gameplay elements is no longer present (or at least highly modified) so bringing them back would likely be tough however I would still love to see it personally.
It would be interesting to see the effect on the playerbase if there would be a return to some of the original gameplay elements.
Things might be considerably different now that the game is more mature.
Also the return of the old elements would necessarily be communicated widely before the community had to deal with them in game so we would likely see less confusion about the anomalous areas.

Anyway, this post is my own sentiment and in no way reflects or conveys any inside knowledge about the game's future.
trouble_every_day
Supermoderator

29.12.2019, 19:27

as i see it the static anomalies gave a good reason to go nomad faction looking for their weaker ballistic protection to be able to take the less traffic area safely and taking anomalies to tweak and paliate the lack of ballitic armor the renaissance army have.
AirOne13

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion