Quiz for the "devs?"

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

25.07.2019, 10:39

Smoke nades are not the solution to snipers, and I'm very glad they were removed, and I hope they are not brought back (ever, ideally, but at least not until they are heavily reworked).

The principle problem with snipers right now is not that they do too much damage, it's that they are just too easy to use. The heavy snipers especially need some weight and inertia to increase aiming time and difficulty, increased slowdown and stamina penalties, settle time after sprinting, etc.

Also the fact that aim punch seems to applied under entirely random conditions/criteria right now, and snipers should be especially affected by it, but usually are not.

FWIW, I think the "lower tier" snipers are reasonably balanced sniper right now, lightweight and fast, but can only one shot light armour. At the other end of the spectrum lies the Barrett, which really has no downsides and is straight up game breaking in it's current form.

Regarding the new version of vector lab, the warehouse side simply has map control by default. Cover lines to move out of the spawn heavily favour the warehouse side, and that side has more usable sniper spots.

In the old version of the map a good team could take map control from either side, in this version it's simply impossible to do so from the factory side, unless the enemy team is completely incompetent.
lobust

25.07.2019, 20:13

lobust:Smoke nades are not the solution to snipers, and I'm very glad they were removed, and I hope they are not brought back (ever, ideally, but at least not until they are heavily reworked).

The principle problem with snipers right now is not that they do too much damage, it's that they are just too easy to use. The heavy snipers especially need some weight and inertia to increase aiming time and difficulty, increased slowdown and stamina penalties, settle time after sprinting, etc.

Also the fact that aim punch seems to applied under entirely random conditions/criteria right now, and snipers should be especially affected by it, but usually are not.

FWIW, I think the "lower tier" snipers are reasonably balanced sniper right now, lightweight and fast, but can only one shot light armour. At the other end of the spectrum lies the Barrett, which really has no downsides and is straight up game breaking in it's current form.

Regarding the new version of vector lab, the warehouse side simply has map control by default. Cover lines to move out of the spawn heavily favour the warehouse side, and that side has more usable sniper spots.

In the old version of the map a good team could take map control from either side, in this version it's simply impossible to do so from the factory side, unless the enemy team is completely incompetent.

i agree 100%

Mieshuora

26.07.2019, 08:51

I think it would be a good idea to add another container on top of another container, it would block the view of overpowered snipers, it should be a map for close combat, it can't be that snipers especially barret users play comfortably on all maps, on some map They should be at a disadvantage, it's only an opinion (sorry I try to improve my english).
BąrвyLs

26.07.2019, 13:34

My solution for snipers problem is either slowing aiming, slowing tactical reload, etc.. OR improve the bleeding system.

After update the bleeding is really funny. There is basically no sense.
If I have less than 3hp left, I still have time to heal myself.

So, if the bleeding would be much faster, and snipers rifle would take only 80-100 damage, but would always cause bleeding.
Then the player should at least have a minimal chance to save himself if he had enough medikit.
Rebex

26.07.2019, 21:34

Rebex:My solution for snipers problem is either slowing aiming, slowing tactical reload, etc.. OR improve the bleeding system.

After update the bleeding is really funny. There is basically no sense.
If I have less than 3hp left, I still have time to heal myself.

So, if the bleeding would be much faster, and snipers rifle would take only 80-100 damage, but would always cause bleeding.
Then the player should at least have a minimal chance to save himself if he had enough medikit.

+1

Scope sway should be more felt because right now ppl just scoping super fast and the penalty sway is almost zero, even if you're moving.
Ventori

27.07.2019, 10:15

We used to have pretty much perfect anti- quickscope feature: for a time (version 0.25? can't really recall), when aiming with a SR while having low stamina or simply while moving, the scope was performing a heavy, uncontrollable 'jump', making precise and fast shooting very hard if not impossible. This feature alone would help immensly, imo.
Another possibility is to make SR scopes shake, when moved while aiming - this would make adadadadading snipers lives harder.
I'd generally advocate against lowering their damage tho, mostly because of how ridiculously easy most automatic weapons are to control over range.
Major Stifmeister

27.07.2019, 10:28

Reduce aiming time for snipers, make no scope chance small (like 5% chance), and ADD AIM PUNCH FFS . Is't retarded when you make few shots with automatic weapons on guy in light armor while he snipe you and his aim don't move at all and he kill you easy.
Aim punch : https://youtu.be/j8NTr3zkyas?t=23

About those "players" with full zubr and barret, just make immposible for them to run full sprint.*
Last edited by M4rk0 on 27.07.2019, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.
M4rk0

30.07.2019, 01:56

Ad snipers and balance: there is a dedicated thread with suggestions how to balance them:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16622
Jano Msik

07.08.2019, 21:36

Kube:You dumbasses saying it's because of smoke don't understand a single thing about map balance

This a trillion, billion times.

Slaughter maps need to be bigger. Much bigger. Tara Fort is the PERFECT slaughter map, the right size.
xR0ger

10.08.2019, 21:13

Duh. "Bigger slaughter maps" are called "TDM".

Slaughter Fort is exact same size as TDM Fort, only without the side tunnels.

Slaughter is *defined* by small maps allowing players to rush from spawn to action faster and defy sniping range to snipers.
Jano Msik

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion