Quiz for the "devs?"

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

23.07.2019, 20:37

What's wrong in this match??? Million euros question!!!
https://survarium.pro/matches/13607733
M4rk0

23.07.2019, 21:55

Snipefest?
Tanatloc

23.07.2019, 22:16

Um... There's a 4000+ ELO player who went 7-20?
Or a near 4000 ELO player who went 5-19?

Is that it?

Give us a clue man! :D
Scaramanga

23.07.2019, 23:33

Tanatloc:Snipefest?

Nice, you got it.
M4rk0

23.07.2019, 23:35

Map is terrible balanced, you can't move, push forward to take position because sniper will get you. Same in CNPP map or whatever is called. I ask devs, can you tell me one other game in what you can sit in your own base for 15 minutes without moving (using keyboard) and kill enemy players???
M4rk0

23.07.2019, 23:46

its because of the smoke remove.

you cryed because you got killed with smoke

they removed smoke

now snipers kill you

you cry

i like you marko lol.

stay as you are.
OneThreeOneTwo

24.07.2019, 01:45

When people were complaining about the smoke and demanding it's removal in the chat, I warned them that without smoke, it would be sniperfest. Numerous times. Without effect.

So, now I think I'm entitled to say: SEE? I TOLD YOU!
Jano Msik

24.07.2019, 05:43

You dumbasses saying it's because of smoke don't understand a single thing about map balance
Kube

24.07.2019, 11:33

This game became a flop for two reasons:

1. VG decided to cancel freeplay
2. With the one tier system players have too much guns and too small maps to ever have an adequate balance between them

That´s why I quit playing it one year ago
RiotOfDoom
Survivor

24.07.2019, 12:03

@RiotOfDoom
Stay on topic.
Also, your post linking to 3rd party website and foreign software download was removed from Campfire.
Last edited by trouble_every_day on 24.07.2019, 12:04, edited 1 time in total.
trouble_every_day
Supermoderator

24.07.2019, 12:03

And I would guess (haven't seen replay) this guy [P1NG] Убиватор with 25/4 was sitting on the side which has 2 floors at the bottom floor on the middle on top of a box?
There's no way to get there and kill him if the overall player lvl is that high of the match.

And I want to praise Mark0 for doing me a favor in that same map the other day when it was 2vs2 match and my teammate quitted. It wasn't a battle anymore, it was slaughter :D
Lettunen1982

24.07.2019, 12:08

Kube + Marko i see you alot in squad lately. you are both on the same side, the crybaby side.

i dont argue with you guys since you think you are the gods of survarium and supermoral humans lol

why dont you work at or for VG then?

its laughable how you try to force your opinion on the community and devs lol

and its funny in which way you do that, rude and insulting, and Admins and devs seem to not care.

i know you both have been chat banned couple times and i dont understand why you keep on that fighting state

TLDR: you should be a bit more peaceful in your way of communicating and accept other opinions than yours.
OneThreeOneTwo

24.07.2019, 12:18

OneThreeOneTwo wrote:why dont you work at or for VG then?

They would if VG would let them.
Chandrian
Supermoderator
Survivor

24.07.2019, 12:20

Kube:You dumbasses saying it's because of smoke don't understand a single thing about map balance

Kube is right, they don't.
I will try explain balance in one example so "players" could understand:
- Let's take Rudnya map, research game mode. The team that have church on there left side have much mode advantage:
1. B zone is closer to them, player who have best spawn for B zone (it's closest spawned to B zone) will always reach B zone faster than guy in other team who have best spawn for A zone (it's closest spawned to A zone), of course it the both players with best spawns from both team have same speed and start running when match start instantly.
2. Same team have advantage when we speak about C zone (church). They will get there faster, same like in previous example.
3. Same team, same side have advantage when they push and take A zone. They can easily defend it while taking cover behind windows on A, or ammo box house (not sure what call out you use). Or they can sit in right side of map on house roof and stop other team to even try get close to A zone, while be in full cover and enemy running in "open field."

That was one example and there are more. But like Kube sad, I don't expect that dumbasses understand that. Most of those don't have any experience with games, gaming etc.
Sorry for long post and have nice day.
Last edited by M4rk0 on 24.07.2019, 12:21, edited 1 time in total.
M4rk0

24.07.2019, 12:50

Stop calling each other names, it's not too much to ask. Be courteous or the messages will just start disappearing.
trouble_every_day
Supermoderator

24.07.2019, 15:08

OneThreeOneTwo:its because of the smoke remove.

So what you are saying is "it is ok for one side of the map to have visibility of the whole map from their own spawn with lots of cover, when the other side has to run out from the base which only has one window that can barely be used"

If the map design is so bad that you are FORCED to use smoke to get out of your base alive, the map should be changed.

And what it comes to people saying smoke is a counter to snipers, you are just wrong. Smoke is the counter to gameplay and snipers should be balanced according to normal scenarios instead of "what if the zubr guy has an active onyx for 2sec and he needs to be killed in one shot" type of situations that almost never happen.
Kube

24.07.2019, 15:44

Ok, ok, but where is my million euros?
Tanatloc

24.07.2019, 17:09

Seriously, many things in survarium are a mess. it was always like that and it will be always like that. the reason for that is simple, but i wont speak it out. so many people tried/try to help here for so many years to improve this game. here we are, map cooling tower without smoke, 70% sniping and best thing you can do is just sit and camp. its just sad, nothing more.

i know its useless but nvm, (again) my points:

-snipers were balanced correctly before the 1-tier-system. surviving chance with few hp left on medium/heavy armors and bleeding chances
-TTK was perfect before the 1-tier-system. u could react to a noob (sry) who was sitting in bush, waiting for u to past by. (topic skill based)
-smoke nades back ASAP
-real teams/clan wars because its impossible to win a research/battery match if only 3 people out of 8 are capturing/catching batteries

but hey, who cares
apfelmu2

24.07.2019, 20:44

apfelmu2:
but hey, who cares

Not Vostok :)
Kube

24.07.2019, 21:33

ok lets make it clear for everyone. reasons for maps not being balanced r wrong.
situation is like this:
maps r perfectly balanced with static anomalies in mind. even Mamayev with anomalies was well balanced before the overhaul fix. this is the main reason for maps being unbalanced. devs really made an amazing job to design these maps years ago, but everything is built around static anomalies. the moment they removed static anomalies, we got this state of art unbalanced game experience NO patch will ever "fix" - aka update 27.
btw, I do remember the official reason for removing static anomalies. apparently there were areas players would not go through because of static anomalies. devs gave as example bunker in Vostok map and indeed that area was avoided by players with no isolation. removal of static anomalies in Vostok backfired - now everyone is going for that bunker, rendering all the other areas useless. same can be said about all the other maps. details upon request
so yeah, map being unbalanced is because of removal of static anomalies and nothing else. devs designed all maps to perfection with static anomalies in mind. everything was perfectly positioned, anomalies, buildings etc. even sniping was based on where static anomalies and building were positioned. simply perfect and I remember how many times they stated this
and now sniper rifles. as I said many times in the past, sniper rifles should be OHK but not in our case. SR being unbalanced r a direct result of 2 major defects:
1 removal of static anomalies AND - I HATE FOR THAT VG - decision to tweak LOD to fit those damn laptops for 60 FPS. this was done 4 years ago I think and I REALLY REALLY HATE U FOR THAT VG. idea is, sound and environment were both perfectly designed to support and balance SR. especially the visual and sound environment were amazing and capable of sustaining and balancing SR. it was rather a matter of skill for SR to detect enemies and for players to detect SR - and a matter of skill to kill using SR, witch begs the second issue:
2 SPEED IS TO FAST AND THERE R NO PENALTIES WHEN SNIPING
Im not gonna dwell on penalties coz everyone knows the issue. but one thought on the speed. how do u expect to balance maps if speed is so high???!!? is it so hard to understand that speed destroys map balance???? whats so interesting about running from one base to another in Rudnya in less then 10 sec - with SMG or SR in hand and light armor, killing everything in its path. this is for all those players thinking that light armor is amazing...it is ofc for a CoD brainwashed, run&gun. speed is so damn important and devs should be simply forced to reduce it by at least 4 5 6 times. I never understand why u ppl dont see it.
about speed, do a test. just run and press fire button while running. bullets immediately fire, players come at full stop automatically with SHIFT still active and immediately run again when releasing fire. U CANT HAVE THIS. ITS 100% ARCADE, why cant u see this??!!! imagine u have SR and run in light armor. u dont have to stop to shoot SR, u just need to press fire with SHIFT still active. same applies for smg and THATS WHY LIGHT ARMOR IS WRONG and ARCADE. this is for player timo - who several days ago praised light armor for being so "good" in comparison to heavy
I wrote this wall of text because there is a trend happening now. for every issue, both community and devs go for surgical fixes rendering game play quality really low. instead of applying right measures, u all do exactly the opposite. instead of thinking all through SR issue, u just wanna remove OHK. same applies for map balance and everything else. nobody ever saw SPEED as the major issue for maps being unbalanced, or lack of penalties, or environmental level of detail, or sound etc
one game developer said once that quality games will die the moment everyone will disregard visual and sound environment in favor of players. when game developers focus more on players experience instead of infrastructure and environments, that is when identity and real game play experience die

and BTW devs, u promised static anomalies back into play. this was almost 2 years ago on this very website. r u willing to keep ur promise????? Im saying this because it might be to late for static anomalies considering how many times u butchered *cough cough* sorry "patched" the game to appeal to CoD players

anyway cheers

ahh sorry about this extra. its so damn important but nobody noticed it. Ill explain and plain as fast as possible.
remember about CoD direction everyone goes for????!!! its a mental predisposition in gaming industry - almost as a medical diagnosis - where even if u think u r not brainwashed u still r even if u dont know it. actually there r few reports about it found on professional gaming media and u can read it on internet. actually the very peak of this predisposition happened recently with Bethesda case about Fallout 76. Bethesda devs r so brainwashed that they cant even see their own faces in the mirror. they only focused on players disregarding everything else including basic graphic quality. everything they did was to empowered players to a point where nothing else mattered including: sound, maps, quests, dialogues, logic or sense. and they did all these without even realizing the issue, offending community to a point when u really have to have some sort of heavy autism to stop u from playing. and thats the point, because this CoD direction backfired really hard when ppl realized Bethesda consider them idiots to provide such service. u know what happened and articles about it can be found on internet

why Im saying this is because something really bad happened with Survarium and nobody saw it. its the perfect definition of brainwashing without even know it. let me explain for u all:
last addition to game play from VG. now u can automatically run if u have one button active, default X. why is this matter so important. it shows exactly how brain washed they r. they disregard every bit of tactical game play - especially penalties when aiming - in favor of one single aspect that define ARCADE game play. I told u just now what it means to run and shoot in Survarium. u just need to hold shift and shoot. players runs and upon pressing left click, he immediately starts shooting into the right direction. upon releasing SHIFT, players resumes running. NOW U DONT EVEN NEED TO PRESS SHIFT TO START SHOOTING WHEN RUNNING. u just need to have X button active and shoot everywhere with no penalty whatsoever. THIS IS EXACTLY HOW ARACDE GAME WORKS. its the very basic function of every arcade game. remember those arcade game found in pubs???!?!!! this is how they work.
so devs, completely disregarded further changes into gameplay. adding automatically running means they simply erased every bit of tactical gameplay or penalties while running or shooting. and all these to empower CoD players to have more kills. mor kills more more more more more more more more. no quality, no skill, no atmospheric game play
do u understand it???!!! devs dont even realized what they did with this simple function
adding automatic running is in contradiction with everything else. imagine it will be useless to have automatic running if u think about adding penalties, or level of detail, or static anomalies, or tactical game play or anything else.
this is direction taken, say bye bye to balancing SR or smg and ask more for clan wars because its so damn important
Last edited by Chandrian on 24.07.2019, 22:43, edited 8 times in total.
Reason: double-posting, merged posts. language.
da_capo

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion