slaughter labor

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

19.07.2019, 22:11

hello guys

first of all this map was fine before you removed it. now its maybe unfair for the unchanged side.

now the changed side has many more opportunitys to snipe (long boxes to strafe) and three ways to get out, while the other team only has the main door + upper window to crouch out (what not everyone of us knows i bet) unchanged side also only has one sniper position and you removed the old sniper window which you only could reach with a Jump.

my suggestion:

bring old map version + make it possible for changed side to crouch-jump out of the windows.

or: in new version give the unchanged side the opportunity to strafe along the upper windows and give them one more door aswell.

Edit: another thing is the extra points/ex/rep for disabling supply: it should grant points aswell if you dispose a trap with your shoe lining.
OneThreeOneTwo

21.07.2019, 20:04

I bring "hard facts" to confirm Vector Slaughter is unbalanced: I just played 2 subsequent Vector Slaughters, 1st from Western spawn and 2nd from Eastern spawn, and the difference was in order of magnitude:

Western spawn, my K/D was 0.22 (4:18)
https://v1.survarium.pro/?match=13597353

Eastern spawn, my K/D was 2.14 (15:7, and it was 15:3 until I gave up camping because of boredom)
https://v1.survarium.pro/?match=13597446

my average K/D is 1.11, so I'd call myselves "average player". Having 2x my average score on East spawn and 10x less my average score on West spawn screams imbalance.

My observations:
- East spawn can support it's rushers with snipers from 2 wide windows and 2 floor positions vulnerable only from 1 direction.
- West spawn has only 1 narrow window for snipers = always suppressed or killed, and floor sniper positions vulnerable from 2-3 directions, so 90% of West players is always sniped out before they even reach East warehouse.
- Tree between East and West spawn is nearer to East, so the foliage covers East snipers while being obstacle for West snipers

My fix proposals:
- add tree to shield West sniper window, or move the current tree half-way between East and West and also to center of axis between both sniper windows.
- enable 2nd wide sniper window with "crouch-cover" enabled for the West (like the East has on container), OR remove access to center "container sniper window" for the east
- OR add even more trees to limit snipers on "their half of the playground"
Hence, give East extra sniper window, make it larger (as
Jano Msik

21.07.2019, 20:41

Today I played from Western spawn and won by one kill. All I had to do was killing those window campers. Rest of the team was doing their job. Match was balanced.
Last edited by Tanatloc on 21.07.2019, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.
Tanatloc

22.07.2019, 02:49

Tanatloc, and from where did you kill the East window snipers?

See, East has floor position between the left container and garbage box from which you can snipe the sole West window, and then both East window snipers could cover all West floor positions AND exits from the pile of wooden boxes.

It only depends on how many snipers East has, and how competent. If East has 3 snipers, West is completely blocked and everybody dies within a second of moving near the West window or exit.
Jano Msik

22.07.2019, 05:14

It was quick peeking close to first container or boxes near spawn. Left window was cleared from boxes. Right from the left side of container. All from the ground. Rushers with ARs I was killing from right side of boxes. From this place I was killing snipers who were hiding inside base and shooting through gate. It wasn't easy task, because first shot had to kill a guy. Kill or get killed. From time to time I could rush closer and kill guys on the right side of the field who had good view on my teammates hiding in building on the left side. Sometimes I was going on right side to stand behind boxes and kill guys camping in bush close to left exit of their base.
I don't know if they were competent. Their ELO is over 3k. There were at least 4 snipers. 1 on left window, 2 on right side and 1 was shooting through the gate. On my side we had 2 snipers - me and a guy camping inside top of the base - he couldn't shot many enemies because of the tree.
Maybe it doesn't matter, but in your winning match your team had over 1k ELO advantage. Enemies had one pro player and others average players. They had guys with score 1-24, 7-26 but still they lost just by 11 kills. It doesn't look like domination from one side.
Last edited by Tanatloc on 22.07.2019, 09:24, edited 3 times in total.
Tanatloc

22.07.2019, 20:24

i have to say i have played this map now 5 times, 3x east + 2x west and i won every match with a margin of 20 at least. so personal i have no problem on any side.

its not me losing the game its my newb teammates,,, as every 4k+ elo player would agree.

but really to balance it, west needs a second sniper window aswell as a second normal door to the left side. and enable eastside to crouch out of their sniperwindows aswell
because thats an advantage that only West side has

OR

bring back old version and add the sniper window + left door and enable eastside to crouch out of their sniperwindows aswell
OneThreeOneTwo

23.07.2019, 11:42

OneThreeOneTwo wrote:i have to say i have played this map now 5 times, 3x east + 2x west and i won every match with a margin of 20 at least. so personal i have no problem on any side.

its not me losing the game its my newb teammates,,, as every 4k+ elo player would agree.

but really to balance it, west needs a second sniper window aswell as a second normal door to the left side. and enable eastside to crouch out of their sniperwindows aswell
because thats an advantage that only West side has

OR

bring back old version and add the sniper window + left door and enable eastside to crouch out of their sniperwindows aswell

This one will be worked on further and changes for second base will be added shortly.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

23.07.2019, 23:53

good to know you dont give up on the map because of bad resonance again

i really liked it how it was , as it is and however it will be ;)

PS: please bring back smoke asap lol
OneThreeOneTwo

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion