Survarium and balance

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

16.05.2019, 15:08

Chandrian:
What lower level? I equipped T2 the other day to play with 5-6 new friends that I found out trying out Survarium on Twitch and they were being put against T5 and getting rekt because of ELO difference. I had to switch accounts to be able to play with them and they were still getting matched against T5 even when playing alone because there are not enough players of their ELO (which wasn't that high) who'd also have their equipment tier.

About farming I'm talking before the reduction of tiers.

Chandrian:
The only reason people do 3 squads is because of apparent pro e-sports players like LuA or other ILS who need 2-3 bullets to kill you and you need 2-3 clips. If you play alone, you get stomped. If you play 2, it's not enough most of the time because you play against squads of 3 people or your team is feeding. If you play 3, sometimes it's not fun because you're winning with 50 point difference and shooting at headless chickens running around. A lot of people ask for bigger squads, but I think the contrary: squads should be limited to 2 to better balance the game and leave anything bigger to clanwars, which we now know that will come back eventually.
I don't know about you, but I like it when I'm matched with people of my skill, not lower than mine. I hate farming bots, I hate playing on empty rooms with 2v2 + bots, I hate playing against newbies because it's not fair for them.

I really don't wind to play a squad of 3 pro player even ILS if in your team you have a squad of 2 or 3 also pro players, problem is that it rarely happen. You still can find match with a team of no squad and a team of 3 squad.
Loosing is part of the game and I do not see any problems to loose but when at the start of match you have 50% to loose or win. Now I can tell you before the match start if you loose or win.
William-g

16.05.2019, 17:58

It's a big problem in this game.
In most of matches, players know after 2 minutes if the match is won or lost.
Based on my own experience, i predicted right the result of the match in 80% of matches.
Maybe because i play since too many years, so i know the level of a lot of the players i encounter.

Where is the fun to play when there is near no suspens ?
"pros players" told that leavers do it because they don't want to loose.

No, leavers do it because they know that there's no chance to win, and because they can't choose the map too.
When there's no chance to win on a map that you don't like, and you waited 10 min for this, you rage and leave.
Then you wait with penalties and matchmaking, and can fall against the same squad (it often happen because of low playerbase)... and you rage more.
And after a few days like this, you uninstall.

If there is no problem with the squad and the matchmaking, explain use why in this game we encounter squad that win matches after matches (sometimes 10 or 15 matches in a row)...
Last edited by ike07 on 17.05.2019, 12:07, edited 16 times in total.
ike07

17.05.2019, 12:38

To come back to phrases of people who say that "leaving a match is not nice" I have two things to tell:

1. I agree that this frustrates the rest of the team because the unbalanced match becomes maximally unbalanced in the end.

2. This is a game and if I play it, I wanna enjoy it. If the game punishes me for playing it with matching my team against guys who exceed my teams´ skills by far, this match is unbalanced.
If I initially wanna play against weak or stronger players I should be given the option before the match but not been made to do so.
A big point that VG refuses to acknowledge for so many patches already.

Referring to professional playing clans:

These people always should only be matched only with an equal skilled player on the opposite team without excuses.
So should be squads.
ELO´s for chess. You must seek for an alternative way of balance

This game´s not about bdsm, is it?
It´s about giving players a pleasure to play it. Always reward your players at least with a content feeling after every match.

But VG just doesn´t seem to understand the concept of how games become successful.

So I´m sorry. As long as you don´t listen to what the players want, this game will be a side product of a team that used to develop a franchise under another company brand.

You lost your roots and you fail to see how successful the stalker franchise became and you resist to take it as an example of what the Survarium franchise might have become but unfortunately won´t, if you hold this particular direction of development!
Last edited by RiotOfDoom on 17.05.2019, 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
RiotOfDoom
Survivor

19.05.2019, 13:17

Balance, what is that ???
https://i.imgur.com/W3dSex3.png TDM mod.
Not many times you got good balanced team on both sides.

Upss, yea this Hemoroid guy left game the moment he was logged in.
https://youtu.be/76c0yHtWkGI
M4rk0

19.05.2019, 17:22

That moment, when ripping yourself a second asshole is apparently not enough for a lousy win:

https://i.imgur.com/YWOndJX.png

https://survarium.pro/matches/13301068

What should I have done differently to win ?
Last edited by UnknownPlayer666 on 19.05.2019, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.
UnknownPlayer666

20.05.2019, 01:30

UnknownPlayer666:
What should I have done differently to win ?

I understand it might make you angry, but maybe capturing more than 4 times?
I see mark0 that has great K/D 4.5k elo or something like that lose lots of research to low elo teams, just because he does not capture anything.

I myself lost research with over 80 kills done, because i've captured just like 2 times.
There is always some point that is very capturable, but it just feels a lot nicer to have better kd and lose.
Instead of getting possibly raped while capturing something from camping enemy that your team does not kill.
-------
teams of 3 ppl over 4k elo make games very unbalanced, they pretty much always get matched vs ppl with 3k elo and less
Simple solution would be disabling squad play just like in ranked so the 4k+ elo ppl get distributed fairly to both teams.

It would also prevent the games where enemy team is 3k 3k 3k 3k 3k elo and the other 14k 250, 250 , 250 , 250
elo that make me even more angry, because low elo players are worse than bots.

I see another unbalance when one team is full squads and the other has no squad in team modes, like research
ofcourse chances are better for the squad team on voice communication

Midori Fuse

20.05.2019, 09:43

Midori Fuse:

The thing is, in that match I held the A point almost entirely on my own. Most of the enemy team's attention was focused on A, so naturally I expected the rest of the team to at least capture C (which is kinda easy when you have A captured for most of the match). I guess I could have given C point a bit of "love" but then A would be overrun almost immediately.

It doesn't make me angry, but it gets increasingly annoying when you try your best and the rest of the team doesn't give a damn. Kills the motivation to continue playing...
UnknownPlayer666

20.05.2019, 12:58

ha I need to say this.
I only quit sometimes - vary rare though - when I have to put up against abusive suckers with P90 or SR. its not because of winning or loosing but because of bad quality game play. I hate those weapons and hate those players using them. I care much more about quality over anything else. Sometimes I even quit with those players in my team - not enemy team. I would bann permanently every sucker using P90 or SR - at least till they get fixed, if ever
da_capo

20.05.2019, 13:42

da_capo:ha I need to say this.
I only quit sometimes - vary rare though - when I have to put up against abusive suckers with P90 or SR. its not because of winning or loosing but because of bad quality game play. I hate those weapons and hate those players using them. I care much more about quality over anything else. Sometimes I even quit with those players in my team - not enemy team. I would bann permanently every sucker using P90 or SR - at least till they get fixed, if ever

What's wrong with p90 ?
UnknownPlayer666

20.05.2019, 14:30

UnknownPlayer666:

What's wrong with p90 ?

it shreds everything on short range (Cologne, Tarakanovsky). 50 bullets, no need for reload just yet, instant aim, instant turns to 360, no skill, just run and gun. u dont really need to aim on short range and this makes it even worse in terms of quality. its arcade, requires no skill whatsoever and really ugly in terms of quality game play
Last edited by da_capo on 20.05.2019, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
da_capo

20.05.2019, 14:49

da_capo:

1)Shredding everything at close range is kinda the point of smg's.

2)Fast ADS is shared among all smg's. If I'm not mistaken, p90 has the slowest ADS in the entire class.

3)Not sure what you mean by "instant turns to 360".

4)The only advantage that p90 has over other smg's is a big magazine.

Besides, "just run and gun" can be applied to most of the weapons in the game. It's not exclusive to p90.

getting a bit off-topic UwU
UnknownPlayer666

20.05.2019, 14:59

Tier and elo System are bad, yes.

But if you guys would do your math, it is simply because of low Player base. Theoretically it is allright, get over it.

If we had like 10times more playerbase, there would 10times less be uneven Matches and stuff like this…..

The ELO-gap would be 10times smaller in every match aswell.. It is just the damn Playerbase.

we ONLY Need a "mod" or "Option" to Play WITHOUT any Squads, and then:

just ROLL everything randomly, so you get 8 random Players vs 8 random Players and fine.

Snipers do oneshot a zubr or pilgrim, other Snipers cant kill a puppy in one hit. Another Problem.

@da_capo, i dont see your p90 Problem, you can outrange it with an AR, or kill it if you have a faster SMG like veresk.

check my Post for more nice improvements viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16427
Last edited by OneThreeOneTwo on 20.05.2019, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.
OneThreeOneTwo

20.05.2019, 15:06

UnknownPlayer666:

1)Shredding everything at close range is kinda the point of smg's.

2)Fast ADS is shared among all smg's. If I'm not mistaken, p90 has the slowest ADS in the entire class.

3)Not sure what you mean by "instant turns to 360".

4)The only advantage that p90 has over other smg's is a big magazine.

Besides, "just run and gun" can be applied to most of the weapons in the game. It's not exclusive to p90.

getting a bit off-topic UwU

P90 is insanely better then any other smg. thats why most players go for it. P90 shreds while all other smgs pierce - this is how I would compare.
fast turns, 50 bullets and lack of penalties turn P90 into a turret 360 degrees around player. sometimes its not even necessary to aim because of large magazine and high chances for HS. Ive seen 4 players being killed with P90 on Fort just by spraying 360 degrees - 3 of witch were HS
"just run and gun" can be applied to almost all weapons to a certain degree. I would go for scopes most of the time and this is not quite "run and gun" like P90 does. and many more cases
thing is with P90, its selected most of the time in Tarakanovsky and Cologne for obvious reasons. Ive seen countless of players - especially pros - switching to P90 on those maps when they feel they loose the match. it destroys quality gameplay. I noticed most players go for wins rather then having quality game play and this is something I dont do
as I said, my issue with P90 is on short maps. its annoying on every map but on short one it destroys every bit of fun and competitive game play
please no more discussion on the subject. I made up my case and Im not willing to go any further coz its futile
Last edited by da_capo on 20.05.2019, 15:10, edited 3 times in total.
da_capo

23.05.2019, 20:23

One more balanced match : https://survarium.pro/matches/13320379
M4rk0

23.05.2019, 21:43

M4rk0:One more balanced match : https://survarium.pro/matches/13320379

Gosh, when I see things like this I´m happy that I don´t play this game
RiotOfDoom
Survivor

24.05.2019, 03:56

M4rk0 wrote:One more balanced match : https://survarium.pro/matches/13320379

New official policy, just released today.
M4rko has to apply vaseline to his screen, and binoculars to his eyes to play all matches outside of the league.
trouble_every_day
Supermoderator

24.05.2019, 09:00

About post, I wanted to say, even I die only once and kill many enemies we won only by 15 difference gap.
M4rk0

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion