BattlePasses in Survarium (Your ideas)

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

12.12.2018, 12:01

We are investigating the idea of adding them and want to know what sort of things players would be interested in. Please let your comments and suggestions below :)
Last edited by joewillburn on 20.12.2018, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

12.12.2018, 13:08

More free Stash weekly more module drop and spare parts booster... And an alternative way to earn token
Langdale90

12.12.2018, 14:42

I like the idea of getting some gold for logging in but couldn't you make it one stash map for 7 days login and 80 gold for a months login as stash maps are so hard to come by these days would be nice to build up even it takes time.
Snake Sitting Eye

12.12.2018, 15:33

We have one tier now, we can play without bots - so this is great time to introduce "hard mode" for players that hate CoDlike arcade games.
In hard mode:
- slower movement
- more recoil
- slower aiming time
- no crosshair
- no hit markers
- no kill markers
- no killcam
- no enemy red dot on map
- prone in game

Players that like game now will be play normal mode, and player that like slower gameplay will be play hard mode.
Last edited by Chrno on 12.12.2018, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.
Chrno

12.12.2018, 15:38

Guys, please, this is a thread about BattlePass content. Please research what a BP is before making a post.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

12.12.2018, 16:16

On every level up you get a crate with.... 5 random green attachments. Every 5 levels, 10 parts?
And progressively bigger crates for faction level up.. 3,5,10,15,25.
Zagna

12.12.2018, 16:44

Put them in separate fraction called 'Merchants', so we all know they pay to win :D

WSH303

13.12.2018, 20:17

I'm not sure if I understood correctly, but this seems to be an idea of Battlepass:
viewtopic.php?p=307180#p307180
Tanatloc

13.12.2018, 20:28

I'm happy to see VG Investigating this Idea and will sum up my Ideas over the Weekend due to exams, so please don't close or delete this topic.
Niruxu

13.12.2018, 21:58

If i can get ALL THE THINGS from the Battlepass, for free, i probably will agreed.

Mørtøn
Survivor
Supertester

13.12.2018, 22:36

^
You guys seem to misunderstand what a BattlePass is...
UnknownPlayer666

13.12.2018, 23:03

Do you want to find out the rewards or what the player should do (what tasks) in the acquired combat pass?
If the awards: then the normal camouflage on the weapon and preferably in the future a full-fledged system of camouflage, not duplicate weapons, as well as camouflage on the armor and special stripes.
MR PIN

14.12.2018, 05:31

How about implementing Freeplay?
Jäeger
Veteran

14.12.2018, 11:31

Patch 0,55с.
▪ Removed missions (tasks in the bottom right corner of the UI). The missions require a lot of time to complete, so we would like to shift the focus to Daily Quests which are much easier to complete and now provide increased rewards.

And thats the reason for deleting them. -> Put them in BP.

Mørtøn
Survivor
Supertester

15.12.2018, 10:17

From viewtopic.php?t=16202
Niruxu:In the free one you will get modules, spare parts, camos, details, boosters, attachments, decals and as top rewards on level 25 a weapon((skin) (I know there was somewhere stated why VG actually can't go for "skins" instead of just putting the same weapon into the game over and over again with a different skin on top - this should be fixed as soon as possible)) and on 30 a little bit of gold.

In the one that costs real money you would get all the rewards from the free one plus more camos, stashmaps, weapon(skins), reskinned armor (remember the solstice event), masks, better attachments, more spare parts, league tocens, maybe the possibility to collect old event weapons and as top reward unique armor/masks/weapons and more gold as in the free battlepass.

- More Gold, it will come in 0.56 (Conerning gold I would prefer a little gold for players who didn't stop play Survarium after some years and who always follow the forum and support the game).
- More Stash map, we have 2/week more what you can get in PVE or daily quest.
- Equipment, there are almost no difference now between premium or non premium except the color.
- Boosters, attachment, spare parts will be only interesting for new or players who didn't reach level 100.
- Camo, weel with the 20 of gold you will receive per week, in 3 week you can buy one.
- League tokens, also not concerning old and good players they have more that they need.

One problem of reward are really with top players who have already everything? If you introduce battlepass you need find an idea who will be interesting for every one and bring back some old players.

-
Niruxu:Maybe the possibility to collect old event weapons
That can be a good idea in some case, because a lot of players sometime can't play event, example in my case I can't play Christmas event.

My idea for a battle pass would be more that you could unlock a new part of the skill tree "like technology" something where you could change by yourself you weapons and equipment camo.
Last edited by William-g on 15.12.2018, 10:24, edited 5 times in total.
William-g

15.12.2018, 16:51

I think VG wants to know our ideas about how to obtain those rewards.
Tanatloc

15.12.2018, 17:11

Tanatloc:I think VG wants to know our ideas about how to obtain those rewards.

joewillburn:We are investigating the idea of adding them and want to know what sort of things players would be interested in. Please let your comments and suggestions below :)

"Sort of things" look more like would be the rewards.
William-g

16.12.2018, 10:10

Chrno:Теперь у нас есть один уровень, и мы можем играть без ботов, так что сейчас самое время ввести «жесткий режим» для игроков, которые ненавидят CoD-подобные аркадные игры.
В сложном режиме:
- медленное движение
- больше отдачи
- медленное время прицеливания
- нет перекрестия
- нет маркеров попадания
- нет маркеров убийства
- нет killcam
- нет красной точки врага на карте
- склонны к игре

Игроки, которым нравится игра, теперь будут играть в нормальном режиме, и игрок, который любит более медленный геймплей, будет играть в сложном режиме.

++++++++
valera_momot

16.12.2018, 14:23

Since many seem to don't know what a Battle Pass is I will post the concept:

"Within a video game, a battle pass may be offered free to a player, or may require the player to purchase it through microtransactions.
Once obtained, the battle pass presents the player with a number of reward tiers; by earning enough experience to complete the tier, the player gains the rewards offered at that tier.
These rewards are generally cosmetic in nature, such as character and weapon customization options (aka "skins"), emotes, and other non-gameplay affecting elements. More desirable rewards are provided at higher levels, which offer a way for players to show off these unique customization options to other players as a status symbol.
Experience is gained through normal gameplay, and often through in-game challenges, while some games offer a way to accelerate progression through a battle pass by using microtransactions.
In games that offer both free and paid-for battle passes, the free pass may have a very limited number of tiers, but will track progress of the player's progression through the paid-for battle pass, allowing them to buy that battle pass at any time to reap the rewards.

Battle passes and the rewards available are only offered for a limited time, most commonly a few months, after which a new battle pass with a new set of rewards must be acquired." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_pass

So the system does not have anything to do with new game modes, or extra rewards for "old and good players", it is simply a extra window in the main lobby where you will be granted access to rewards that are exclusive but none gamechanging one for playing the game. It is some way of monetization + incentive for players to play more of the game.
In my opinion, it should replace the old "log in for x days"-system, because people often can't log in 7 days in a row. The new Battle Pass mechanic would leave more room to claim rewards in the players own pace.
How so?
Let's imagine VG implements a Battle Pass:
You are in the main lobby and click on it. A window will pop up where you see 2 tracks, with (just for example) 30 levels each: the Basic (free) track and the Elite track (wich has to be purchased for gold). (It is important to note that those levels have nothing to do with your character level or level of equipment you use)
The free track is available to everyone and it could contain rewards like:
boosters on level 1,
on level 3: some modules,
on 5: spare parts,
8: a camo,
10: the possibilty to upgrade one piece of attachment to the next higher level?,
12: boosters,
14: attachments,
16: decals
18: camo
20: maybe faction ep (will be usefull to prestige in the faction level but if this is only a seasonal event thing then replace this reward with anything else)
and as top rewards on level 25 a weapon(skin)
and on 30 a little bit of gold. (this again could be put on level 5, 15 and 30, it is all up to VG and our feedback, I guess)

The elite track would get you:
all the rewards from the free track (wich works like this: if you buy the elite pass in the beginning and then start rising up the bp-levels, the progress you make in the elite track will count also for the free one. If you stick with the free one at the beginning and maybe later on bp-level 20 decide to buy the elite track it will unlock all the rewards in the elite track up to level 20,maybe a good way to describe it is that it will sync your progress. Well it should.)
more camos,
more stashmaps,
weapon(skins),
reskinned armor (remember the solstice event),
better attachments,
more spare parts,
league tocens,
maybe the possibility to collect old event weapons
and as top reward armor/masks/weapons that are unique in appearance and more gold as in the free battlepass.

To reach a higher level in the pass you need to play pvp and pve. (In pvp it should not be "progress-only" by winning matches, instead the system should reward you for just playing. And with the new penalties for abandoning matches which will come in update 0.56 and hopefully a rework of afk detection, it will ensure that even not so good and bad players can reach the end of the pass and claim the rewards.

Some Games with a Battle Pass have seasons which determines how long a battle pass lasts. For example 2-3 months. In those games you have those 2-3 months to complete it, before the next one starts. Personally I am not a fan of time limits, and a system without timelimits could look like this:
Imagine You have bought the elite track of battle pass 1.
There is no timelimit to complete a pass (wether it's free or elite track).
Once you complete it, you will get the next battle pass (the free track ofc) and you can play through it as well, and decide anytime if you want to cash in to grab the elite track for all the extra rewards or not.

Regardless of a time limited BP or not, there is a balance between a lengthy grind and a just-right grind to finish the pass. This is something that Survarium will need to find with the first battle passes if it will be implemented like this, so don't be surprised if it's skewed one way or the other.

My biggest thing with passes like this, is to feel like I got more than what I put in. So long as that's the case, then I think it will just need some minor adjustments like what rewards on what BP level, how much gold you can get in both tracks etc.

The pricing: 1000 to 1500 Gold per BP, so 10 to 15€, depending on the rewards. (the premium guns on the store are heavily overpriced inmho, can't imagine that many people buy them. But if you have a pass with many different rewards, wich you get while playing the game normaly, just for 10 to 15€ - that's a fair pricepool were I can imagine much more people are willing to drop their cash for.

Now a few things which are important:

William-g:
- More Gold, it will come in 0.56 (Conerning gold I would prefer a little gold for players who didn't stop play Survarium after some years and who always follow the forum and support the game).

I can see where you are coming from and would not be against more gold for long time supporters IF there was a way to manage this fairly. What is good support? how do you want to measure if some player follows the forum or not? Speaking for myself, I am following the forum since 2013 but haven't written much because my english was way worse back in the days than it is now, but I visit this forum daily. Still, a postcount only in the 100ths. I don't see how this could be measured fair so I think it is better to give everyone the same amount of gold. What do you think?
William-g:- More Stash map, we have 2/week more what you can get in PVE or daily quest.

Could be revamped into the BP.
William-g:- Equipment, there are almost no difference now between premium or non premium except the color.
This is essential in terms of p2w: You can't put extremely good equipment in the elite track if you don't put in in the free one. This is the same for equipment that alters the way you can play the game, due to certain set bonuses. It needs to be put in both the free and the elite track if you want equipment that offers new setboni and tactics. And even than I can see it causing trouble when there should be a timelimit set on the BP which contains that specifical item, because not everyone will be able to get it. But maybe we can find a solution for that problem if we talk it out a bit more. For now I would say that the special thing about equipment like armor and weapons you get through the Battle Passes should only be about appearance. (And I am all up for appearance that fits into the survarium universe, not some lazy ass stars and stripes weapon recoloring or some "we put christmas bulbs on the weapon because CHRISTMAS!" - instead it should offer things like bones from mutants, artifact parts on them as talisman, or just things were the player noticed that the weapon once have been in the use of a certain faction, cause of visible markings and decorations on it.)
William-g:- Boosters, attachment, spare parts will be only interesting for new or players who didn't reach level 100.
Well there are planty of ways to balance this out, reaching from those rewards are then useless for those who reached 100 (which wouldn't like too), over an expansion on the prestige system (but we should wait for the new update to see how VG's actual approach to such system works out), up to a system that changes those rewards out for other things.
William-g:- Camo, weel with the 20 of gold you will receive per week, in 3 week you can buy one.

You are reffering to VG's poll here, wich had nothing to do with a battlepass, it was focused on an expansion of their daily-login-reward-system. I don't like that login system entirely because people need to work, study, have familys, other hobbys etc. which all can collide with it and it punishes you for missing a login. That is why I would like to see it getting deleted with a possible implementation of BP's. You won't loose anything.
The amount of gold you get in a battle pass should be way higher then 20 and besides that you also would claim camos as direct reward for certain BP-levelups. So you don't have to buy them with the gold you can win in the BP, you would get a few through the BP system alone. And if you want more, ofc you can buy those with gold.
William-g:- League tokens, also not concerning old and good players they have more that they need.

In the future VG may introduce more rewards claimable with those tokens. Up to then, either save it, or hope that there will be a mechanic through which you can change those rewards into another. (Maybe there should be an option too choose out of 2-3 rewards on certain keylevels in the BP like on 10, 20 and 30. Could be a solution, just an idea.)
William-g: One problem of reward are really with top players who have already everything? If you introduce battlepass you need find an idea who will be interesting for every one and bring back some old players.

I think you are may be expecting too much out of such a system. It has it's limits. It can't introduce new game-mechanics in terms of new maps or game-modes without it consuming huge developing time. So imho such a system isn't there to win old players back, instead it is there to keep actual players playing and encouraging them to spend money which hopefully leads to more money coming in than through the current monetization. And with that money they can hopefully start adding more and more coop/freeplay/mutant/stalkerish-things
William-g:My idea for a battle pass would be more that you could unlock a new part of the skill tree "like technology" something where you could change by yourself you weapons and equipment camo.
Here I am not sure if I understand it correctly. You mean like "spent 15€ to have access to your weapon camos"? that would be
a) hard to implement, as survarium is somehow limited to the whole "skins"-thing which is why VG keeps adding in weapons that are reskinned instead of just skins for the weapons we already have. (I don't know where exactly the problems are, and would like to know this, so if anyone knows more about that problem, I would appreciate it)
and b) not profitable for VG, because once everyone had bought that feature, they would need to develop another thing and another and so forth. Do you see the problems with your suggestion mate?
Last edited by Niruxu on 17.12.2018, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.
Niruxu

17.12.2018, 07:55

^ofc all of the above are just suggestions.
Niruxu

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion