READ: Survarium PvE & Features Interview

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

17.08.2017, 10:27

In late July, we organized a collection of questions for the developers of Survarium.

Today we publish answers to some of them.

Read the interview below!

Do you plan to change or improve the system of weapon modules?

Indeed, the current system of modules is not much different from modifiers and does not allow you to intensively upgrade your weapons. In our plans - to introduce a new system of modules. The idea is that the modules become separate items that can be installed on any weapon where they can physically be installed. For example, you can choose your favorite collimator for your favourite rifle not pre-set. In addition, the modules will have different degrees of rarity and you will need time to get the most useful ones. Such a system requires substantial designing of the game, so it is difficult to talk about the timing of its appearance. Let's just say that we plan to make it a feature in one of the following updates.

What about CO-OP mode?

We are working at full speed on the new mode and are planning to present the first PvE (CO-OP) mission in the next big update. The training location provided the basics for this mission. In the end, we will try to give players a full-fledged single-player experience.

So far, only one story mission is planned?

At the start there will be one. It is necessary to collect feedback and impressions of the players before moving on. In the future, there will be more of them, of course.

How long must we wait for the revised system of anomalies?

Now we are focused on the first PvE mission. A new anomaly system is also an important task, however, we plan to amend it after the new mode is released. As always, we will inform you about all major changes to the game in advance.

When will the game have a single renderer for all systems? What changes are coming soon?

We expect that one renderer for all systems will appear in late 2017 - early 2018. We hope that nothing will interfere with our plans. As for the next innovations in the new renderer, it will be a global change in the shadows and the addition of the distortion effect. The quality of the new shadows should be better than on the old render, and the FPS - higher. It is worth noting that in the future we plan to add a Dx12 renderer, because of which the game will again have two renderers.

Are there any changes coming? It is sometimes difficult to find the enemy on the map.

Yes, we plan to redesign the lighting and all the basic textures of the game. In more technical terms, a transition to a new material model and a completely new physically correct implementation of the lighting model is planned, with the abandonment of the rudiments of the old renderer. Active work in this direction has already begun.

Are night locations planned in Survarium?

We have this idea. We have even tried to set up a similar situation for internal testing. So far, the results do not please us very much, so it's too early to talk about its appearance in the game. As soon as there is something to show the players, we will definitely do it.

What improvements to bots are planned in the near future?

In the near future bots will start using information about their deaths and will also search out those locations where they were most killed.

Are there any plans for more events?

Recently we organized a separate group of people, which will deal exclusively with the development of game events. We would like to focus on events that change the game experience and bring something new to game, and not just force players to exchange their time for rewards.

When are you planning to add the last two branches of skills development?

Note that we are not satisfied with the current skills system, so in one of the next big updates we plan to completely rework them. In the new system, skills will be more like perks / talents. As, for example, the current perk "Terminator". Each skill will give the player a new opportunity in the game, and not just slightly change the performance.

When will the mutants appear in the game?

They will appear in the next mode, but not in the first missions. We can say that they are at an early stage of development.

Are there a new developer diary video planned for the release of the new mode?

Yes, we plan to create new diary video.

Thank you for your interest in the game! See you on the battlefields of Survarium!
Last edited by joewillburn on 11.09.2017, 07:49, edited 1 time in total.
Андрияш Козловский

17.08.2017, 10:51

i m really curious about mutants and the skill tree being modified
lawl aka versalius67

17.08.2017, 11:50

Андрияш Козловский:
When will the mutants appear in the game?

They will appear in the next mode, but not in the first missions. We can say that they are at an early stage of development.

Hmpf, shame. If they are running on the current AI scheme, I fear the missions involving only human NPC's will be very lackluster
colers25

17.08.2017, 11:54

colers25 wrote:

Hmpf, shame. If they are running on the current AI scheme, I fear the missions involving only human NPC's will be very lackluster

With innovative features like the new navmesh NPCs will be as challenging as they are in any other game. Remember the Stalker NPCs? Well as you know, it's the same man developing the AI for our PvE. So keep the faith.
joewillburn
Vostok Games

17.08.2017, 11:57

joewillburn:

With innovative features like the new navmesh NPCs will be as challenging as they are in any other game. Remember the Stalker NPCs? Well as you know, it's the same man developing the AI for our PvE. So keep the faith.

Fair enough

Anyways, Shingan said multiple things of note on the Russian forum about the attachment system:

1. The first paragraph shouldn't be read as "It won't be in 0.48". They hope to put it in 0.48, however, given the complexity and balance repercussions along with likelihood of technical issues happening, there is a realistic change it will have to be, be it partially or completely pushed back.

2. The new system will no longer require kills to unlock attachments. Instead, kills unlock attachment slots. These will vary in quantity and requirement per weapon. I personally find this system vastly preferable, given that it also allows non-catagorical attachments to be implemented without forcing to put 50 attachment slots on a weapon like another game.

3. Attachments will consequently be delivered in the way they were initially promised to us: As match rewards. From what I can grasp from the context of the next thing of importance, the attachments you get will be weapon specific and not universal. Some attachments are only attained from PvE missions. EDIT: Conflicting info, the interview implied they are universal yet carry-over from the current system implies they are not? Binding system perhaps?

4. All attachments you currently have unlocked will be given for you immediately, for free. Shingan, you'd a lad

Another thing for the potential skill rework:

5. Terminator will be thrown out in the skill rework
Last edited by riad55 on 11.09.2017, 21:34, edited 4 times in total.
colers25

17.08.2017, 12:07

I hope that coop mission will be long with few dificulty levels, becouse mission you can go with friends in 5 minutes will not be something that will be remembered by the players.
Albi

17.08.2017, 12:07

Please tell me this:
Андрияш Козловский:
Do you plan to change or improve the system of weapon modules?

Indeed, the current system of modules is not much different from modifiers and does not allow you to intensively upgrade your weapons. In our plans - to introduce a new system of modules. The idea is that the modules become separate items that can be installed on any weapon where they can physically be installed. For example, you can choose your favorite collimator for your favourite rifle not pre-set. In addition, the modules will have different degrees of rarity and you will need time to get the most useful ones. Such a system requires substantial designing of the game, so it is difficult to talk about the timing of its appearance. Let's just say that we plan to make it a feature in one of the following updates.

Will it not be like new infamous ammo system?
"Premium Mag"(Just kidding)... That doesn't sound good.
I hope that will be ONLY about finding/crafting these.
And Some Questiona: Which modules we can expect?
Drum mags? Etc.?
And again: Maybe factions would have unique modules?
Example:
Scavengers- Special scope;
Black Market- Special mag;
Fridge Settlers-Special stock;
Army- Special Muzzle brake, etc.
What about Premium weapons?
Can we choose 1 module not combined/not included in base? Let me explain: You Can use this module with ONLY Vepr-12 "Molot".
Example:Drum mag for Vepr-12 "Molot" and is usable with Vepr-12 "Molot" not with Saiga-12(OLD), Vepr-12 (Normal/Non-premium).
Andndd… Full 3D/Old scope! I beg you VG! Bring back old scopes!
polish-stalker876

17.08.2017, 12:45

joewillburn:

as long as the npc if you shot at him in close range and he is with his back at you and suddenly turns on you and he headshot you if that doesnt happen that will be great because thats frustrating it happened to me idk how many times . and about the terminator skill i usually use a long range weapon with close range so i got chance of survival in both long and close range for me for example is hard to kill a player/npc with a pistol . maybe you can keep the terminator skill but but a drawback to it
lawl aka versalius67

17.08.2017, 12:53

According to Max NPC's in first mission will feel much more "alive" than right now. Custom animations will be made and they will be able to talk(!).

P.S Skill tree: there will be total of 30 perks which will substantially alter your playstyle and will cost 1 points each. Max level of character will be compressed from 100 to 10, so you will be able to have a combination of 10 perks at any given time. Looks like builds will play a role.
My concern with this system is the progression, how long will it take to level yourself from level 1 to 10 ? Will it take forever and 5 minutes or the numbers will be revised to suit the new system ?
Last edited by UnknownPlayer666 on 17.08.2017, 13:35, edited 2 times in total.
UnknownPlayer666

17.08.2017, 16:57

Wow, some interesting plans right there. Thumbs up for the hard work VG, keep it up. Hype train is coming !
Kegeloco

17.08.2017, 17:12

UnknownPlayer666:
P.S Skill tree: there will be total of 30 perks which will substantially alter your playstyle and will cost 1 points each. Max level of character will be compressed from 100 to 10, so you will be able to have a combination of 10 perks at any given time. Looks like builds will play a role.
My concern with this system is the progression, how long will it take to level yourself from level 1 to 10 ? Will it take forever and 5 minutes or the numbers will be revised to suit the new system ?

My concern is: If someone have level 68th+(in my case) or 100th which level will he have after this?
polish-stalker876

17.08.2017, 17:30

polish-stalker876:
My concern is: If someone have level 68th+(in my case) or 100th which level will he have after this?

Max said that new lvl 10 will correspond to current lvl 70, so I guess in your case it's lvl 9 perhaps ? And those that are lvl 70-100 will get some goodies.
Last edited by UnknownPlayer666 on 17.08.2017, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
UnknownPlayer666

17.08.2017, 18:12

UnknownPlayer666:

Max said that new lvl 10 will correspond to current lvl 70, so I guess in your case it's lvl 9 perhaps ? And those that are lvl 70-100 will get some goodies.

He Also said that some modules will drop after the CooP missons.
And what goodies?
Last edited by polish-stalker876 on 17.08.2017, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
polish-stalker876

17.08.2017, 18:26

polish-stalker876:
He Also said that some modules will drop after the CooP missons.
And what goodies?

No idea. "Bonuses and unique distinction signs which will not be acquirable afterwards"-Shingan's words
UnknownPlayer666

17.08.2017, 20:55

I personally and for the future of this community hope that the story will be more explained it would be really nice if the story as the some people say really is connected to the world of STALKER games because of the "emissions"

"Zone is constantly expanding further and further into the world and as many years pass and the economy decays anarchy rises and the new factions form the zone has changed its shape and it has become the forest"

If the story will be similar or god i hope same as this one it will be nice
mandrej04

18.08.2017, 11:22

mandrej04:I personally and for the future of this community hope that the story will be more explained it would be really nice if the story as the some people say really is connected to the world of STALKER games because of the "emissions"

"Zone is constantly expanding further and further into the world and as many years pass and the economy decays anarchy rises and the new factions form the zone has changed its shape and it has become the forest"

If the story will be similar or god i hope same as this one it will be nice

The lore behind the start of the forest is sadly not explained well, just that it started at the peak of the new industrial age. There is no mentions of the emissions, so that may not be it. The one detail I know is the USSR military accused western countries of bio-weapon usage (that also may be a cover up plan to hide the zone from others). The game is also based quite a few years later after the global catastrophe.

Great idea though!

QuadlyStop

18.08.2017, 13:11

joewillburn:

Buuuuuuuuuuuut, the only mutant model we have seen was the wolf, we want to see More, if there are in a early stage, show us a video with their animations, their aspect, the variants...Something NEW PLS!!!!
Dinoh55

18.08.2017, 13:30

Dinoh55:

Buuuuuuuuuuuut, the only mutant model we have seen was the wolf, we want to see More, if there are in a early stage, show us a video with their animations, their aspect, the variants...Something NEW PLS!!!!

+1
I agree. At least give us some clue what will they look like?
Renderer/model/some Animations would be great.
polish-stalker876

18.08.2017, 18:01

@Dinoh55 and polish-stalker876, hehehe you may have misunderstood what they mean with "early stage" ;)
jule

18.08.2017, 18:09

Dinoh55:

jule:@Dinoh55 and polish-stalker876, hehehe you may have misunderstood what they mean with "early stage" ;)

^ There is concept art and maybe a renderer of a mutant model, but I sincerely doubt there is much more than that at this stage.

Davik_Heragon

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion