Here's something funny for you guys that are still playing

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

10.02.2017, 01:53

Kube:https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/221316057602850828/279412583059161088/unknown.png

I figured out that there's absolute no point of playing rating matches both on t7 and t10 after 11 PM CET, you won't find any game available no matter how long will you wait.
Last edited by spinach on 10.02.2017, 02:00, edited 1 time in total.
spinach

10.02.2017, 09:39

Dauerfeuer Ungeheuer:You took their range, firerate and other stats into account to determine the TTK?

Nope, I'm discussing plain calibers, not if the weapon is better or worse.
H04rst:Everything in this game is unrealistic and you guys discuss this "caliber not matching real world values" stuff for over a year now.
But a leathejacket with furr applications providing better armour than a bulletproof vest, a medkit restoring your full health within a second and an artifact that lets you sprint at lightspeed sounds completely reasonable to you? What about no recoil and no scope sway? Spawnprotektion? Running behind an artifact without any function?

Well the armor values could be changed too, Q&A mentions "healing animation", and just because it's a scifi world doesn't mean that gun damages shouldn't make sense. But I do agree with you, balance>realism.
spinach:No one is insulting anyone here. Truth is that VG lied us several times about the progress of many aspects of the game and never made a clear statement.

Well you are a liar and should be ashamed of yourself. They have set things straight, they have made a clear statement, I would point you to it and explain it, but your attitude tells me it would be just waste of time.

Tsjuder

10.02.2017, 11:23

Tsjuder:
Well you are a liar and should be ashamed of yourself. They have set things straight, they have made a clear statement, I would point you to it and explain it, but your attitude tells me it would be just waste of time.

Quite. They fucked up. they fucked up badly. Then, they tried to stall, hoping that they could stall long enough to get back on track and act as if nothing went down. Then they tried to cover up their lies by trying to make people forget about lies, and it didn't work, they did the right thing and finally bit the bullet, came clean and ever since that happened, they have been delivering. They are setting things straight. If memory serves, they filled every 2016 goal, and 2017 also come across as completely reasonable. They finally found a skin-style that works for events. And it looks like they finally learned NOT to give us deadlines on previews because they will miss them anyway. They are learning from their mistakes and picked up the pace somewhat. They are starting to listen better to the community.

Give credit where its due people, and don't attack them without cause because that just makes you an abusive twit. They are improving, and the least you can do is show some respect for it. They are listening to our demands instead of bouldering on trying to square a circle.
colers25
Supertester

10.02.2017, 11:40

One another error was to cut the london map to make it smaller.
ike07

10.02.2017, 11:56

ike07:One another error was to cut the london map to make it smaller.

That change was made because of the excessive spawnkilling capability's
-Corvo Attano-

10.02.2017, 12:04

spinach:

No one is insulting anyone here. Truth is that VG lied us several times about the progress of many aspects of the game and never made a clear statement.

Actually, they did (about freeplay):

Survarium DevTeam [ viewtopic.php?p=248093#p248093 ]:
Those indicators are not yet sufficient to keep the development pace as high as we would like it to be. As of today we have a small team of developers working on the game. The forces we have right now are enough to keep improving the PvP part of Survarium and gradually integrate the PvE components. Yet our resources are absolutely insufficient to deliver the Freeplay mode in the near future.

How is the progress with Freeplay thus far? As of today we have the concept document ready, the preliminary technical tests and evaluations have been made, art concepts of monsters have been done. However, let’s be frank, this is not the state to demonstrate the game publicly and post regular news updates on it. As already mentioned, the main reason is that at the moment we have no resources available to boost the team considerably, so that we could simultaneously develop Freeplay and properly support the development of PvP. We are hoping the positive dynamics and general increase in the number of players following the recent updates 0.40 and 0.41 will allow us to gradually expand the team and speed up the development.

That is as clear as it can get. They failed badly and, after the lies and vague statements, had no other choice but to come clean. Heck, they even improved themselves by tackling changes the community asked for. In my opinion, VG seems to be on their way to redemption. They messed up and are now trying to redeem themselves by becoming a decent FPS competitor in the F2P scene.
Last edited by Davik_Heragon on 10.02.2017, 12:38, edited 3 times in total.
Davik_Heragon
Supertester

10.02.2017, 12:05

That was fun.
ike07

10.02.2017, 12:51

colers25:If memory serves, they filled every 2016 goal

Actually 8/12, the ones missing are
- New game map.
- Global map mode (clan battles).
- The remaining skilltrees and supplies introduced.
- Co-operative missions.

And the Development Plans was posted 13th of April, so still two months to do those. However, I don't expect them to do all of those in that time, maybe one or two... But the fact that many other things not presented in those plans were made, kind of makes up for those still missing.

Tsjuder

10.02.2017, 13:46

And we could add macro users ban.
Last edited by ike07 on 10.02.2017, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.
ike07

10.02.2017, 15:43

Tsjuder:
Actually 8/12, the ones missing are
- New game map.
- Global map mode (clan battles).
- The remaining skilltrees and supplies introduced.
- Co-operative missions.

And the Development Plans was posted 13th of April, so still two months to do those. However, I don't expect them to do all of those in that time, maybe one or two... But the fact that many other things not presented in those plans were made, kind of makes up for those still missing.

Well, within next 2 week we probably see the 0.46 preview, if there is no at least one thing mentioned to this list above, i really start to lose any hopes in this game. The devolopment is going extremly slowly, i understand they have small amount of ppl in studio but c'mon look at @KnightRider400's example about a2z Interactive. I don't think so this is the main problem, maybe the problem is with programmers that can't deal with their own engine that makes so much problems.

How long they keep saying we gonna get open-world? People who spent in this game year or more they already realized there is nothing to delude about freeplay because this will not happen in "near future" if ever happen... No news, no screenshots, not even a single word. They started project somewhere in 2013 and what we got after 4 years od developing?
Ventori

10.02.2017, 15:57

They screwed up big time when they decided to develop their own engine for this game.
Shrekr
Supertester

10.02.2017, 16:33

Shrekr:They screwed up big time when they decided to develop their own engine for this game.

don't think ... i actually think they chose the good option to develop there own engine.
first you'll not be able to have the same filling in game and second they actually know very well the x-ray engine it just they don't enough $$$ so they go with what they have and last it will help them in future for something else.
AKIRA7666

10.02.2017, 17:01

Tsjuder:
I'm not getting into the rest of your post, but I just have to say I find it hilarious that out of all the examples of weird caliber vs damage you point out few that are actually not true Xd

T4 AKM has 26 dmg and 30 AP
T6 MP5 has 22 dmg and 30 AP
The AK isn't weaker than the MP5

T8 M4A1 has 24 dmg and 55 AP
T8 RPK-74M (which is 7.62x39,wth did you get that 7.9mm?) has 28 dmg and 60 AP
The RPK isn't weaker than the M4

You could have pointed out that there's no reason why different shotguns have different damages or why SVU has more AP than SVD while firing the same round, or a dozen other things that make no sense.

Dude, what about this then?What logic is to have a 45cal bullet in the 1911 with 60dmg and the same bullet in KRISS VECTOR with 25dmg,and in H&K UMP45 the same bullet with around 30-ish dmg?THE SAME BULLET CALIBER.AK74 has 5.45 cal and so does A545 where there is variation of DMG and AP.ASH12 uses a monster of a bullet 12.7mm which looks like a missle and has less DMG than a .45cal Colt 1911?
Do you understand my point a bit clearly now?If guns are rebalanced by caliber we'd have a variety of guns with same DMG BUT different AP(due to bullet TYPE and lenght of barrel which gives muzzle velocity)and higher caliber guns would be better than lower ones,just like IRL.H&k MP5 would be in lower tier than,for example SKS,Valmet,Remington 700 etc where it'll belong by caliber type and caliber stats.Pistols are secondary weapons right?Why should i buy an expensive MP5 from high tier when i can just get a 1911 with 60dmg per shot (for higher than T6)?
H83R

10.02.2017, 17:23

*sigh*
Go and read my post again and see that I'm not having any problem with you pointing out that the damages don't match up or have I any problems understanding your point, my problem was with your examples. I actually provided few more examples to support your point, in case you didn't notice.

But now I have to comment on your point about calibers being locked to tiers (which might have been your original point too).
H83R:higher caliber guns would be better than lower ones,just like IRL.H&k MP5 would be in lower tier than,for example SKS

yeah and Mosin is higher caliber than Mp5 too, so you are actually saying that Mosin would be higher tier than MP5 in real life, and higher tier, at least the way I see it, means better. Ehhh... And every single weapon which has less effective round than 7.62x54 would be lower tier... You really want to put freakin Mosin above like 80% of the guns in the game? And all the 9mm guns to lowest tier?

And as I said in my response to H04rst: balance>realism
Last edited by Tsjuder on 10.02.2017, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.

Tsjuder

10.02.2017, 17:31

AKIRA7666:

don't think ... i actually think they chose the good option to develop there own engine.
first you'll not be able to have the same filling in game and second they actually know very well the x-ray engine it just they don't enough $$$ so they go with what they have and last it will help them in future for something else.

VG developing their own engine has cost them a lot of time, energy and yet it is still having plenty of issues and still hasn't been fully developed. Building your own engine was not a smart idea as they would have been better off by using a well known engine which is being worked on by a lot of fulltime developers instead of a couple of developers who have multiple tasks. They might have been more familiar with X-Ray and could have saved them time and money on the short run, but as we can see, it is not living up to the long run.
Last edited by Davik_Heragon on 10.02.2017, 17:32, edited 2 times in total.
Davik_Heragon
Supertester

10.02.2017, 18:03

Tsjuder:*sigh*
Go and read my post again and see that I'm not having any problem with you pointing out that the damages don't match up or have I any problems understanding your point, my problem was with your examples. I actually provided few more examples to support your point, in case you didn't notice.

But now I have to comment on your point about calibers being locked to tiers (which might have been your original point too).

yeah and Mosin is higher caliber than Mp5 too, so you are actually saying that Mosin would be higher tier than MP5 in real life, and higher tier, at least the way I see it, means better. Ehhh... And every single weapon which has less effective round than 7.62x54 would be lower tier... You really want to put freakin Mosin above like 80% of the guns in the game? And all the 9mm guns to lowest tier?

And as I said in my response to H04rst: balance>realism

Well i may gave some bad examples,i saw you support my point,yeah :D
I think the mosin should be higher tier since it packs quite a punch...If factions were non-switchable and gun calibers are set coresponding to my suggestion,let's say,scavangers would have a hell of a rifle for mid-to-long range but useless in short range with lower-than-current ROF(bolt action right?).IRL the mosing obviously has lower ROF but when it hits...oh boy...Balancing by gun caliber would make higher cal guns better,and due to the type of the gun(semi-auto,full auto or bolt action)they'd be better at some things,let's say the mosin would make a hell of a sniper but useless in close combat due to ROF...Also,when same cal guns would do same DMG but have different AP,that would fix the current AP situation that makes AP almost useless and armor value bad...UMP for example would do same DMG as Kriss Vector but the Kriss would have higher AP(by using,let's say,45cal different tip ammo),which would make it useful for a bit higher tier battles.

Armor would be useful as it'd repel any lower-than-it's-value bullets or make them just do scratches(which makes sense since if i have 70 armor value,a 10 AP smg should just make scratches,not kill me after half a clip).And the shotgun ammo DMG and AP?I fully support you mate.Same shotgun shells with 3 different DMG and AP values?DAFUQ?

I know you got and support my point,but unfortunatelly,we still don't know how the rebalancing will go and other players seem to not care.This is A BIG issue and whining after they rebalance it will be useless.Idk why but what i said,and you support,simply makes sense.Idk why this wasn't done so far,and if it will be done to make sense or just ruin it even further.
H83R

10.02.2017, 19:21

I still can't believe you guys are still here and posting/playing.

Same forum community saying the same thing for the past 3 years.

I just poke my nose in these forums once a month now to check up and its always the same junk...

No progression from VG, continued broken promises, lies, manipulation and you guys posting here or even clicking on thier website is supporting them so I suggest you think about that ;).

(inb4 lock)

CheaptrixOnTwitch

10.02.2017, 19:50

CheaptrixOnTwitch:No progression from VG, continued broken promises, lies, manipulation

Show me one example of broken promises, lies or manipulation from the past year. Can't find any, only thing that can be considered is the plan for 2014 and maybe the answers which stated that Freeplay is being worked on, but as said at least twice already in this topic, they've "come clean" about that.
And the "no progression" depends once again on perspective, if you expected them to do everything listed in development plans and bunch of other things, nearly finishing the whole project, then it of course is "no progression", but knowing that plans are only plans and VG has had problems in the past with deadlines, the expectations shouldn't be that high.

Also funny thing, you left few months ago and already you're going "I can't believe you are still playing this game". And from what I remember, it wasn't even any particular change that made you leave... So the instant you lose interest into something, others should too?
Last edited by Tsjuder on 10.02.2017, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.

Tsjuder

10.02.2017, 20:39

CheaptrixOnTwitch:I still can't believe you guys are still here and posting/playing.

Same forum community saying the same thing for the past 3 years.

I just poke my nose in these forums once a month now to check up and its always the same junk...

No progression from VG, continued broken promises, lies, manipulation and you guys posting here or even clicking on thier website is supporting them so I suggest you think about that ;).

(inb4 lock)

I like when a cheater speak about manipulation and lies...
But hey, more and more old survarium players stop to play it day after day, so you will soon be seen as clean as a saint, because new players don't know what you did, and you will be free to give lessons about lies and honor here.

You often offers premium codes for survarium, for the people who like your twitch videos, the question i have is, who give you theses codes ? VG himself ?
If the answer is yes, i'll vomit on my keyboard.
Last edited by ike07 on 11.02.2017, 10:44, edited 9 times in total.
ike07

10.02.2017, 20:58

Davik_Heragon:
VG developing their own engine has cost them a lot of time, energy and yet it is still having plenty of issues and still hasn't been fully developed. Building your own engine was not a smart idea as they would have been better off by using a well known engine which is being worked on by a lot of fulltime developers instead of a couple of developers who have multiple tasks. They might have been more familiar with X-Ray and could have saved them time and money on the short run, but as we can see, it is not living up to the long run.

you know...i am think about that and still isn't true it the best way for them to go with another engine if i am not mistaken there employee are working full time and all there salary is coming from the shop of survarium. if there where using other engin for instance U4 they will need to pay loyalty (5%) in us$ not in UAH ( and all we the know the UAH is a mess for many years). i think there economic plan for the game wasn't planed to have other choice and it just was not possible for them at that time even today.

well any way they are in progress and this year we will see coop as they said ... i hope ;-)
Last edited by AKIRA7666 on 10.02.2017, 21:00, edited 2 times in total.
AKIRA7666

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Return to Game Discussion