Things I would like to see from bots in the future

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

07.02.2017, 00:53

I know bots are a WIP but here are some suggestions.

1. Give them a realistic reaction time when meleing, while it is funny to watch 2 bots insta kill each other it is next to impossible to melee a bot.

2. What is with them seeing right though smoke and terrain? Never mind that bots shouldn't be able to follow though, walls floors or ceilings like I see them do (you can use them to track enemies!) Make it so that they can't see through anything a player couldn't.

3. Bots on artifact hunt and batteries modes are worthless, especially on maps where one set of bots pathing takes them though batteries but not the other teams. Repath the bots for the different modes or allow us to order them around.
OnAPaleHorse

07.02.2017, 10:17

OnAPaleHorse:I know bots are a WIP but here are some suggestions.

2. What is with them seeing right though smoke and terrain? Never mind that bots shouldn't be able to follow though, walls floors or ceilings like I see them do (you can use them to track enemies!) Make it so that they can't see through anything a player couldn't.

Artificial vision is an extremely complicated thing to implement, that's why bots in Survarium are literally blind. They travelling through a map using mesh and so avoiding obstacles. To aim they use hearing, aiming at last spot where sound was produced. They hear shots, steps, crouching, and all sorts of other stuff and shoot in a source of sound.
Last edited by karat805 on 07.02.2017, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.
karat805
Survivor

07.02.2017, 10:18

Since you already acknowledged that the bots are WIP, these are the kind of things VG is working on
xXx_Didda For President_xXx

08.02.2017, 15:12

ok, I get the same answer every time, " we know bots suck, get over it" at least here the thread isn't locked.

It seems to me that NOW is the time to make suggestions for bots, since they are being worked on, if you don't want people suggesting things that are being worked on currently, then just TELL US what is being improved, show us that there IS progress being made.

karat805:
Artificial vision is an extremely complicated thing to implement, that's why bots in Survarium are literally blind. They travelling through a map using mesh and so avoiding obstacles. To aim they use hearing, aiming at last spot where sound was produced. They hear shots, steps, crouching, and all sorts of other stuff and shoot in a source of sound.

Wait.. bots already dont' shoot players behind meshes that are bullet proof!(defending C @ vostok radar there are "chain link" fences that are bullet proof but see though, I watch bot wait to begin shooting until they are out from behind this) When i watch bots in london tracking players though the ceiling of the basement (instead of defending the base/killing the enemy that is next to them that just killed me) they DON'T shoot !

All I'm asking is this is extended to smoke/ artifacts/ terrain that could be shot though but the bots shouldn't be able to see though. Shouldn't be too hard for a team that wrote their own engine from scratch.

As for repathing bots (so i would actually consider playing batteries or artifact hunt again) I was thinking that if you just made bots home in on batteries/ the artifact (like real objective playing players do) they don't have to interact with the objects, just provide cover for the humans.
OnAPaleHorse

09.02.2017, 11:27

What I would like to see from those aimbots, is for them to completely disappear from competitive mode.

deusex2

09.02.2017, 12:05

deusex2:What I would like to see from those aimbots, is for them to completely disappear from competitive mode.

they are not in the "competitive" mode, also known as rating
xXx_Didda For President_xXx

10.02.2017, 00:48

well, the bots are not bad, but i hate when they use wallhack. Ie aiming at me, over the edge.
Titannium

10.02.2017, 19:58

-Corvo Attano-:
they are not in the "competitive" mode, also known as rating

No, that would be "tryhard baserape" mode. I'm talking about actual pvp matches, not league matches.

deusex2

11.02.2017, 12:29

OP +1 At first they were almost harmless and too easy to kill/snipe. But now, these bots are getting more aggressive and UNFAIR with each update!

One of the things I positively HATE about them is the totally INHUMAN reaction time. I mean, of course they are AI, but the devs should try to make them seem as human as possible! If you shoot in their vicinity, and they are with their backs turned to you, they INSTANTLY turn around and shoot you precisely right in the head, BAM! How the hell is that realistic?

Their view cone is sometimes so restrictive that sometimes when you are near them, they can't see you at all. I propose a trade off: make them see better (just in terms of distance, and maybe FOV-tho no bigger than player FOV), but make them LESS aimbot-y (less instant headshot-y) and stop them from seeing through walls, floors, objects (so nice to see them aim and follow something so focused through the floor/roof) and ignoring tall grass/thin objects like the railing on the runway on B on Laboratory. It is positively infuriating! Make them miss from time to time, delay their instant reactions, OR JUST REMOVE THEM ALTOGETHER! I understand they are a somewhat necessary evil, but try your best to stop them from hindering gameplay!
The Monsignor

12.02.2017, 20:57

Bots are better players than humans. Atleast they don't disconnect immediatelly if match doesn't start perfectly to them.
VXJaeger

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion