Treasure hunt - VSS, when was it last time ?

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

06.02.2017, 01:30

Firstly id like to thank Joe for putting spare parts for $, that was the real bottleneck. So thx. Bought a couple.

And now id like to ask, anyone rememeber when was last time availaible "VSS" tier 9, in treasure hunt ?....... I know there will be 1% but.....
Titannium

06.02.2017, 10:50

Isn't Treasure Hunt individual for every player? ;)
-IRONWOLF-

06.02.2017, 11:47

Titannium:And now id like to ask, anyone rememeber when was last time availaible "VSS" tier 9, in treasure hunt ?....... I know there will be 1% but.....

-IRONWOLF-:Isn't Treasure Hunt individual for every player? ;)

Yes, Treasure Hunt has different weapon for each player. To have even have a chance for VSS to appear as the "ultra rare" reward you need to have at least one faction on T9 and others at T9 or lower, if you have a faction at T10 or if all your factions are lower than T9, you currently don't even have a chance for VSS to appear.

Tsjuder

06.02.2017, 13:15

Tsjuder:

Yes, Treasure Hunt has different weapon for each player. To have even have a chance for VSS to appear as the "ultra rare" reward you need to have at least one faction on T9 and others at T9 or lower, if you have a faction at T10 or if all your factions are lower than T9, you currently don't even have a chance for VSS to appear.

Yeah, it's been few months and we still don't have any statement about this issue...
Ventori

06.02.2017, 19:31

aha thx.

tsjuder, you are here 4 yrs. Did you have VSS as TH for you ? (option)
Titannium

06.02.2017, 22:20

Titannium:tsjuder, you are here 4 yrs. Did you have VSS as TH for you ? (option)

No, I haven't had it yet as an option. TH is fairly new mechanic in the game, it was actually introduced in September 2016, before that there was different reward system. I think I reached T9 on one faction right after the NY event, so I've actually only had 5 or 6 chances to get T9 gun as reward, and I've already seen SR-3M as an reward, didn't go for it as I don't have enough stash maps currently. And when I was on T8 I got the L85, which is also a rare gun.
So I expect to see VSS as a possible drops during next few weeks for me.

And a little bit about that 4 years:
That "Joined:" actually just shows when I've made my account and 13.4.2013 is when I sent VG an application for Alpha testing. I didn't get chosen, but I got into closed beta testing during mid-2014 through the lottery they had then (it began in 2013 December), I actually had a lot of tickets for the lottery because of my early join date, but as always, I'm not very lucky...
So I've actually been here for around 2,5 years...

Ventori:Yeah, it's been few months and we still don't have any statement about this issue...

How about the one in the latest Q&A? And there have been few other "statements" too..

Tsjuder

07.02.2017, 11:10

The problem is that VG are huge fans of radomness which sucks if it is left without any control. So there are people who are playing for few years already and never saw any rare weapon yet (in old drop system and in new TH system), while others get a chance for rare weapon every second week.
Last edited by -IRONWOLF- on 07.02.2017, 12:23, edited 2 times in total.
-IRONWOLF-

07.02.2017, 13:30

-IRONWOLF-:The problem is that VG are huge fans of radomness which sucks if it is left without any control. So there are people who are playing for few years already and never saw any rare weapon yet (in old drop system and in new TH system), while others get a chance for rare weapon every second week.

I am one of them. Since Treasure hunt was introduced I were not offered weapon I do not have. It is bad for developers that they do not care and poeple have no reason to spend real money to buy gold/stash maps. Joe promised to fix this, but that was months ago.
SHAR|D

07.02.2017, 18:16

SHAR|D:
I am one of them. Since Treasure hunt was introduced I were not offered weapon I do not have. It is bad for developers that they do not care and poeple have no reason to spend real money to buy gold/stash maps. Joe promised to fix this, but that was months ago.

You'd think people would maybe spend more money/gold on stash maps if they saw a weapon they don't have yet.
Well, nope according to VG.
Chandrian
Survivor
Supertester

07.02.2017, 21:06

Titannium:Firstly id like to thank Joe for putting spare parts for $, that was the real bottleneck. So thx. Bought a couple.

So you're thanking VG for creating an artificial chokehold(ie. paywall). which forced you to spend more money?

deusex2

07.02.2017, 22:27

Chandrian:
You'd think people would maybe spend more money/gold on stash maps if they saw a weapon they don't have yet.
Well, nope according to VG.

Well that is their twisted logic. I believe if poeple would see some truly rare weapon they would gladly buy gold to obtain them. Other thing I do not understand is camo for weapons. They said it is impossible and in last months we got 8 new camos. So much wasted potentional for earning money. Cosmetics are essential for every Free 2 Play game. Instead we got Pay 2 Win weapons.
SHAR|D

07.02.2017, 22:38

SHAR|D:Other thing I do not understand is camo for weapons (...)

+1 :)
-IRONWOLF-

08.02.2017, 08:35

deusex2:

So you're thanking VG for creating an artificial chokehold(ie. paywall). which forced you to spend more money?

Yes :) he is who directly claimed to Joe for this shit.

viewtopic.php?p=279018#p279018
-BOSS-Moby

08.02.2017, 14:55

I saw the VSS last week, 2 maps and didn't get it, big surprise.

2 maps a fkin week? really?

and this week srm3.. its like they are taunting me for hating their system.
OnAPaleHorse

08.02.2017, 20:12

deusex2:

Seems, someone dont know what P2W is :))))))))

Ofc its not P2W. yuu can earn parts regulary per game. This is only speedup. like other boosters.
So you could play it 5 yrs, or paid for that parts within 5 minutes. Im not poor student, that must play this 5 YRS.
NOPE.
i jave a job, and i can spent some money for boosters like spare parts.
You have NO IDEA what is P2W.
Study more.

And JOE: thx again.
Titannium

08.02.2017, 23:33

Titannium:Ofc its not P2W.

I must agree on that one - spare parts for gold aren't P2W, because reasons Titannium said, and because parts doesn't give you any straight advantage against other players.

However, I must also agree that an option to buy parts (or anything else in the game) for some huge amount of silver would be very appreciated. I don't see anything wrong if you play few months, save your silver, and then buy a Pancor for all your savings. There are many F2P games where you can buy everything in the game for free currency (like silver), but people still buy premium currency (like gold), to get things faster. It is really nice policy, but unfortunately not in Survarium.

But really this is one of the least important problem that this game has.
-IRONWOLF-

09.02.2017, 00:20

What is pay to win exactly? give some example of games that are pay to win.

P2W is a spectrum with free to play games existing in a variety of levels at different times.

As I have been playing this game I have seen a shift towards the p2w end of things with disabling features and guns that were free to use or buy with in game money and then reintroducing them for cash money.

The most recent example is now you can buy spare parts in the store, previously you could use silver to buy guns and armor and then scrap them for the parts, it worked well with the old loot system where u got more stuff, then they removed that feature, months later , viola, you can buy them for gold.

In addition to that previously the loot system allowed you to find more stuff, you could search one spot after evey game, maps were still very useful, but then they basically removed the chance of finding rare guns and later introduced the new system where if you want more than 2 maps a week you have to pay as a "fix" ,because they have increased the odds of finding rare weapons (which they nerfed first)

The problem with this is that it is a one way street, once a feature becomes a pay feature it rarely is made free again.
OnAPaleHorse

09.02.2017, 01:03

OnAPaleHorse:What is pay to win exactly?

F2P games aren't a charity you know? The devs must earn money somehow. When they give you an option: spend a lot of time in the game, or pay money and have it faster, then it is ok for me.
The P2W is when you can buy straight advantage that you cant get otherwise even spending much more time in the game.

Few examples:
► Different Weapon model that have the same stats as free weapon but looks different = NOT P2W
► Different skins, colors, wear, tattoos, decals, and everything else that only change the look of something = NOT P2W
► Weapon with better stats that any free counterparts in the game = P2W

So for me this game start to be P2W because of Pancor and Barrett, but not the parts, boosters, stash maps or premium coupons.
Last edited by -IRONWOLF- on 09.02.2017, 01:04, edited 1 time in total.
-IRONWOLF-

09.02.2017, 09:47

Even that is not true, because both Pancor and Barret rolls into the weekly Treasure Hunt, in which you can get them for free (let's not talk about your chances for it though...)

That said, people that had atleast one faction maxxed out when Treasure Hunt got introduced, could very well call any rare gun below T10 pay to win, because they have no option to earn them, but to buy the premium versions!
Last edited by Cooper_ on 09.02.2017, 09:48, edited 1 time in total.

Cooper_

09.02.2017, 10:32

-IRONWOLF-:
However, I must also agree that an option to buy parts (or anything else in the game) for some huge amount of silver would be very appreciated. I don't see anything wrong if you play few months, save your silver, and then buy a Pancor for all your savings.

For now, I don't see any purpose in collecting so much silver.
Balance between free currency (spare parts and silver) would be much appreciated.
Tanatloc

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion