How to bot farm like a pro

Here you can discuss the game in general and provide us your opinion or feedback on the project.

18.10.2016, 10:36

Bots are young. This is a beta. We shouldn't be emotional (yet) about it.

But I hope the point raised by Leki is heard by VG. There's definitely a balance issue with bots. They totally change the economy of the game. XP, coin, parts, everything is much cheaper all of a sudden. Without even speaking about farming bot, bots are player you can relatively easily identify and hunt downs. They're way more vulnerable to sniping than regular players etc. I have to say they're not bad at all. Impressive work on the AI side. Still, there's so much one bot can do.

Some random suggestions (sometimes exclusive) :
- ban bots from TDM
- no more than 3 bots per team
- ban bots from high end games (T10)
- change name of the bots - generate them as variation from existing player names. Give them fictious clans alongside the same principle. Still tell somewhere how many bots in a game there are.
- improve AI pathfinder with some more human line randomness
- less or no reward for bot killing (but a bigger bonus for victory ?)

That being said I think bots are a decent way to make the game more forgiving and relaxing. It probably needs that kind of option for a lot of player.
Last edited by Redford on 18.10.2016, 10:37, edited 1 time in total.
Redford

18.10.2016, 11:11

In almost 2/3 matches : players are connecting, if there is "good playes" in the ennemi team, they instant leave because they know they will not be able to farm 100% of the match. This is ridiculous, and the community is disgusting. know that kind of players just want to exploit the bot thing. The fact is that the majority of players are doing that more or less quickly.
So what is the point to play pvp against 2/3 player that immediatly leave the match when they see they will face good opponent ?

Proof : https://survarium.pro/matches/5917500
enig

18.10.2016, 12:01

enig:In almost 2/3 matches : players are connecting, if there is "good playes" in the ennemi team, they instant leave because they know they will not be able to farm 100% of the match. This is ridiculous, and the community is disgusting. know that kind of players just want to exploit the bot thing. The fact is that the majority of players are doing that more or less quickly.
So what is the point to play pvp against 2/3 player that immediatly leave the match when they see they will face good opponent ?

Sadly, but i need to agree with my clanmates about leaving such a match.
There is no fun to play against too strong opponents when you always can leave and search for the "better MM" result.
Personaly, i like to play against skilled players, but not against players that are always in favor of netcode ;)
I played enought matches against you. I would rather play against whole clan of Saintz/Bier/FPG than U guys ;)
Last edited by Owcen_no_steam on 18.10.2016, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
Owcen_no_steam

18.10.2016, 13:04

You guys need to stop trying to find false excuses or false advantage that player may have to explain the fact that someone is better than you, this is just ridiculous and kid oriented way of thinking. Even before EU server when i we were playing on the only server (Ru side) we had 150+ping and we already was good and 95% time on top3 players of any game.

I'm not saying i'm the best player in the world there is tons of good players in this game and i'm not even enough good to compete best players of my clans (sarckuf, tiburce, cybranne).
When i face a good opponent that do better score than my i'll never say what you guys of the community said (1st : hack lol i know that even before battleye in T9-10 there was like 1% cheater / 2nd : recoil macro, how it is ridiculous to hackusate of recoil macro in a game that have almost no recoil, people need to play real competitive fps and see what is recoil and then come back here / 3rd : Netcode favored or ping favored or "netcode hack" xD you guy think that we have like 1s priority during the fight because we are near server or i don't know what, but the fact is when i die, like 90% of the time, on killcam i saw the enmi seeing me like 1-2s before i can even see him.)

So the things are same for all players. only differences are hardware perf and network quality (i'dont even have a good network where i am compare to big cities or good devellopped net countries.)
People need to learn to accept that there is better player and stop trying to invocate false excuses. (This is why there was so much false hackusate too.)
Anyway leaving a match because you can't abuse of bot farming should be punished like in other game by something like 15 min ban or something to avoid that nuisance.

I'd be really happy to face you in a LAN and see if we are really netcode favored ;)
Last edited by enig on 18.10.2016, 13:06, edited 1 time in total.
enig

18.10.2016, 13:16

enig:
I'd be really happy to face you in a LAN and see if we are really netcode favored ;)

Sorry mate, its free for all game.

And I have choice, we all have choice.

I dont like to play as cannon fodder for "skilled players like you".

It's my choice, you have nothing to say about that.

I proved in the past that there is difference what u see and what your opponent see.

Now VG will introduce new patch where u need to choose:

- better dispay of opponent (in term where and when he is)
or

- better hitreg

"Fixed 0.44d0 will be devoted to improved synchronization + planning to add choice

* Minimum delay draw

or

* Maximum pixel correctness" by DIMA.

So your theory is .....

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11952
Last edited by Owcen_no_steam on 18.10.2016, 13:22, edited 3 times in total.
Owcen_no_steam

18.10.2016, 13:37

I'm not saying the game is perfect in terme of synch or netcode i'm saying that the fact that you said "Personaly, i like to play against skilled players, but not against players that are always in favor of netcode ;)" is just laming and trying to demonstrate that we are not better but just favored.

You can leave the game you want but to have a non ruined MM and a good match progress, people that are leaving like that should be punished. MM are using hiden ELO and Tier to chose your opponents, if you leave games to not face opponent you don't want, so just put a list of players on MM and tick what players you want to face and don't face. But that's not the purpose of the game and the MM. (to stay in the topic sense)

Now like before 0.44 and battleye (people were saying that our score will decrease, we will banned etc etc) i will wait VG's patches and demonstrate, improvement after improvement that we will always be good ;)

I've 13+ year of FPS behind me, competitive FPS like CS 1.6 and CSS. Tons of hour on BF BC2 and BF3, a good amount on RB6 siege too; a good hardware (120+ fps) + almost 3 years of playing survarium (since end of 2013)
I don't think this is the case of the majority of survarium's players, so being better that other not mean being netcode favored but mean hours of experiences in that type of game + in that specific game.

Anyway i'll enjoy the next patches if it improve netwok and hitreg. Back to topic that was "farming bots"
Last edited by enig on 18.10.2016, 13:42, edited 3 times in total.
enig

18.10.2016, 14:02

enig:In almost 2/3 matches : players are connecting, if there is "good playes" in the ennemi team, they instant leave because they know they will not be able to farm 100% of the match. This is ridiculous, and the community is disgusting. know that kind of players just want to exploit the bot thing. The fact is that the majority of players are doing that more or less quickly.

ENIG you are your friend Sarkufft or whatever both did 80 + 100 farm on BOTS with the two humans in the enemy team getting like ONE KILL between them. So I guess they quit the match and you two stayed in and farmed bots for 15 minutes, hence the 1500 + 1300 HOTD scores in Tier 10.

So please don't come out with stuff like this! It's hypocritical in the extreme. Without BOTS you wouldn't have that badge, boost or highest score at all.

https://survarium.pro/matches/5917766
Zandramas

18.10.2016, 14:07

enig:
You can leave the game you want but to have a non ruined MM and a good match progress, people that are leaving like that should be punished.

They are punished.

They lost silver and time in MM queue.

Everyone can have own opinion.

But, when i am unable to kill certain player in game shooting at him from 2m in his backs....and such a player have time to make a turn and kill me....sorry to say...its still my choice.

Farming bots its what VG deliver.

If u are such competetive player as you describe yourself I dont see any reason why you want to play against bots at the first place.
Owcen_no_steam

18.10.2016, 14:08

enig:You guys need to stop trying to find false excuses or false advantage that player may have to explain the fact that someone is better than you, this is just ridiculous and kid oriented way of thinking. Even before EU server when i we were playing on the only server (Ru side) we had 150+ping and we already was good and 95% time on top3 players of any game.

I'm not saying i'm the best player in the world there is tons of good players in this game and i'm not even enough good to compete best players of my clans (sarckuf, tiburce, cybranne).
When i face a good opponent that do better score than my i'll never say what you guys of the community said (1st : hack lol i know that even before battleye in T9-10 there was like 1% cheater / 2nd : recoil macro, how it is ridiculous to hackusate of recoil macro in a game that have almost no recoil, people need to play real competitive fps and see what is recoil and then come back here / 3rd : Netcode favored or ping favored or "netcode hack" xD you guy think that we have like 1s priority during the fight because we are near server or i don't know what, but the fact is when i die, like 90% of the time, on killcam i saw the enmi seeing me like 1-2s before i can even see him.)

So the things are same for all players. only differences are hardware perf and network quality (i'dont even have a good network where i am compare to big cities or good devellopped net countries.)
People need to learn to accept that there is better player and stop trying to invocate false excuses. (This is why there was so much false hackusate too.)
Anyway leaving a match because you can't abuse of bot farming should be punished like in other game by something like 15 min ban or something to avoid that nuisance.

SERIOUSLY man, I have played this game since 1.5 years ago and pretty much every single time I have seen (LSDfr) players in the general chat, they have been sh*t talking other clans and players and bringing them down in the most disgusting, unsportsmanlike way imaginable. I have witnessed it over and over again. It's foul. Most of the players attitudes in your clan have been foul because I have seen them all join in.

A good player and a good sportsman rises above any kind of reaction when faced with emotion and accusation, especially from the newer players who seemed to have problems with fighting you. But you still act this way.

I said many times how I would rather not be in a clan at all than play in a clan who's members are so blatantly pig headed and
nasty towards the entire community. And I am not making this up, over the 18 months or so I have seen it over and over again.

Reel in your neck. There are many players who outclass you and your friends. Be humble in your skill and towards others, it's part of the way a "professional" acts and will bring you infinitely more respect than farming 100 bots vs two afk's opponents.
Zandramas

18.10.2016, 15:54

Owcen_no_steam:

Name tag what you find even remotely connected with this " Spam, flood, uninformative messaging " in my answer.

Again, i proved that u have no idea what u are writing here.

And again your lack of competences and basic knowledge force you to run away in delete and edit my messages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Deg7VrpHbM
Sapphire_Ghost

18.10.2016, 16:29

Man check our stats and check all other players stats you will see that we are not farming bots like you said (zandramas) only trying to play a little (like 10 games since 0.44c) so personnaly, i'm not exploiting those bots.

I was one of the 1st players who come here and complain about bots problem so yeah i don't want to play against bot and i come here to complain about players leaving because they are actually plying against us (real player) and will not be able to play against bots. Stop trying to inverse what i said.

And if i edit like 5 times my answer it's because i'm not an english nativ man and my english is really not that good so yeah i edit multi time and try to be as understandable as possible. Stop try to flame me.

Answer to zandramas 1st message : The two BS guys have leaved the game at the early beginning without playing any secondes of the game nor being killed so yeah i don't leave game i've waited 10 min to play.

+ I come here to speak about that pb not trying to exploit it but trying to reveal it and force VG to react and fix this asap (i've already said that bots should be like 2-3 max in a team to have a MAJORITY of players and a MINORITY of bots to avoid that kind of farm) so another time, stop trying to flame me and make me say what I've not said.

I don't remember that my clan was insulting people or flaming people in Gchat, what i remember is tons of players hackusating us and insulting us almost every days.

VG made a bad decision and a bad use of their bots, but community is destroying the game by exploiting mistakes.
If i were farming bots, my kd should be 3+ average score should be 400+ etc and since 0.44c my kd went from 2.38 to 2.4 what a farm right ?

I just come here personnaly to denonce that problem and the fact that we (players) need to act to improve the game drom our side instead of exploiting. You guys are just attacking me and my clan without good reason.
enig

18.10.2016, 16:33

@enig
Everyone knows LSD fr has playes who are exceptionally good at what they do, and of course that causes frustration in some people. That is the price of fame =} Please have some leniency and understanding, even if the constant accusations against you must get tedious over time, and might sometimes be hard to take as a compliment.

@Zandramas, I'd ask for some understanding from you as well, that having your personal hard-earned skill dismissed and questioned at every turn over a timeframe of years can make people (rightfully) upset, even if it is counterbalanced by enjoying many successful matches and victories. And please do not attack a whole clan like that, even if you perceived some members behaving in a way you do not approve of.

Redford:That being said I think bots are a decent way to make the game more forgiving and relaxing. It probably needs that kind of option for a lot of player.

Overall sofar I think one of the best posts on the topic, I'll try to get those suggestions to the devs, thank you!
Last edited by Knüppelkadse on 18.10.2016, 16:38, edited 1 time in total.
Knüppelkadse
Explorer

18.10.2016, 16:41

I've taken the two BS guys as an example but don't think i've something against you or any other clan, that was just to illustrate the pb I wanted to show.

Anyway a PvE mod with special rewards that can help us with PvP gear/grind may be a good thing, but sadly the global economy and unlocks are already hardly impacted by the 0.44c changes so VG should think about what to do to set things right.
Last edited by enig on 18.10.2016, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.
enig

18.10.2016, 16:52

I played against [LSD fr] clan members they are good players with good behavior
unlike [+BS+] toxic behavior and bad players and accuse every one with hacking if they are better than them
sorry for off topic & bad English
peace

Edit : but not all of them maybe i played with toxic ones , Ventori good [+BS+] player with good behavior that i played with & against him i think same with VimakoPL
Last edited by Mon0lith on 18.10.2016, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.

Mon0lith

18.10.2016, 17:11

Man i never accused anyone and never left the match if there was better Player against me. Our clan is really big with allot of Active players with different skill Level dont accuse whole Clan.
Last edited by Vimako on 18.10.2016, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
Vimako

18.10.2016, 17:17

Tsjuder:

Tsjuder Posts: 659 Joined: 13.04.2013, 16:50
VimakoPL Posts: 53 Joined: 18.04.2015, 22:47
Just for comparison, I don't know what you're trying to achieve with this... -.-

Vimako means, that after all these years you suck at the game.
Last edited by Ribba on 18.10.2016, 17:18, edited 1 time in total.
Ribba

18.10.2016, 17:25

VimakoPL:Man i never accused anyone and never left the match if there was better Player against me. Our clan is really big with allot of Active players with different skill Level dont accuse whole Clan.

I've never accusate your clan of anything mate ;)
enig

18.10.2016, 18:02

Ribba:Vimako means, that after all these years you suck at the game.

Well that's obvious. The meaning of him pointing it out is what's bugging me.

Tsjuder

18.10.2016, 18:17

Ribba:

Vimako means, that after all these years you suck at the game.

Ohhh im in this game from the verry begining since closed times just diffrent account.
Vimako

18.10.2016, 18:46

The issue at hand is that bots should be in a separate mode altogether from regular PVP. That is why I support the idea of bots as part of Co Op matches.
Red Schuhart
Supertester

In order to reply you must be signed in.

Return to Game Discussion